main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Future of TCW's Bounty Hunters and the 1313 Connection

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So news is starting to leak about the formerly-much-anticipated videogame, 1313. Check this out:

http://kotaku.com/before-it-was-cancelled-star-wars-1313-was-going-to-be-470003660

So it was basically a sequel to the old Bounty Hunter, of sorts. But obviously based after TCW... and apparently using some of TCW's characters.

[​IMG]

This is like rubbing salt in the wound, isn't it? Man, what I'd do for a Boba Fett/Highsinger teamup when Fett was at his prime. If TCW did anything right, it was the bounty hunters. I hope they're not going to be tossed in the Disney trash compacter along with the rest of TCW.

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I suspect the game was going to be a TFU2 scenario, where it looks great in trailers, yet probably was really short.

That said, the idea of a game with modern graphics, featuring Boba Fett doing his work on Coruscant... well, I'm a SW fan, of course that sounds awesome!

3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I always wanted a sequel to Bounty Hunter starring Boba. This probably wouldn't be like Bounty Hunter but I wouldn't be surprised to hear alot of cool 1313 snippets like this one in the next few weeks. 1313 looked promising, but so did TFU.

I wonder if Disney will give 1313 to another company to work on?

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    The bounty hunters were some of the best things about TCW, so a Boba Fett and C-21 Highsinger team up set after TCW would be awesome!

5. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Spiritual successor to Bounty Hunter? Cool. Highsinger's back? Cool. Boba still not in his dad's full armor, or Jaster's? Not cool.

I'd love to hear the concept team's thinking behind Boba being very protective of his shoulders here, but then leaving his chest―and all of those important underlying organs―to the protection of a mere bandoleer, as badass as they may try to make it. Where are his plates?

6. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    ^ I'm almost certain you'd wind up collecting the armor pieces throughout the game. They always said Fett pieced his armor together, as far back as GL's description of the character...

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Damn, if 1313 was basically gonna be Bounty Hunter 2, then I'm really pissed it's probably not happening. I ****ing love BH. I love Boba, and going by the gameplay videos this could have been one of the best SW games of all time. :mad:

8. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He's supposed to have Jango's armor, taken at the end of Attack of the Clones, and Jaster Mereel's armor by the time he becomes as committed bounty hunter after his time on Concord Dawn. Yes, he collects other pieces and sets to replace damaged parts as time goes on, but at this point, he should have two largely viable suits of armor.

Contessa, SithStarSlayer and EHT like this.
  9. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I had no idea Boba and apparently Highsinger were gonna be in the game; very interesting. I was under the impression it was gonna feature all-new character instead of already existing ones.

10. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    The game apparently had undergone changes since we last saw it with Boba at the helm now.

11. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Highsinger and boba in 1313 would have been great but now we know that Hightsinger dies after the war and not before.

12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    We don't know that Highsinger dies in the game 1313. Still, its good to know that he lives on past the Clone Wars. Hell, maybe he'll even appear as a cameo in Episode VII? Just a thought.

13. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Yeah I know but he has to die someday that's why I was saying this.
    I agree a cameo in Episode VII would be cool and a figure made by hasbro too :cool:

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'd definitely like to see pretty much anything with Highsinger in the future. I almost felt his character was shoved to the wayside in TCW in favor of all the mainstream characters, when in fact (I thought) he was one of the cooler droid models TCW had come up with.

15. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Highsinger felt like an IG-88 precursor; the design was like something out of an really old sci-fi movie.

16. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Not to mention his voice was cool and he was a badass.

17. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Highsinger is an 'it' not a 'he'.

No it doesn't. Droids don't die.

18. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Trash compactor you say?
    No, no, Master Coffee... not trash compactor, more like Escape Pod.:p

I bet, 1313 will be renamed and finished via third party... to tie in with Fett's new flick.
    ;)

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    While I do like that we have an idea of another look Fett may have donned during the Jedi Purge, yeah, he should have more than his flight-suit protecting his chest and gut there.

I was looking forward to 1313 as it is, and as a fan of Fett, the confirmation that he would, indeed, have starred in the game just kills me. Aargh!!! The concept art doesn't do anything but make me want it all the more. Maybe, just maybe, Disney will see fit to license this out to another developer and get it finished.

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That IS AN AWESOME IMAGE! Highsinger is there... so he lives.

It would have been so much better than what we saw as a game about a generic dude.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    While I can definitely see the appeal in playing as a new character, yeah, I'm a sucker for ol' Boba and it looks as though I would've really loved it.

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I never cared for Boba, but I would have loved to play a game with all the cast of the episodes BOUNTY and BOUNTY HUNTERS...

23. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Ah, well. C'est la guerre, I suppose.

Who knows, maybe one day...

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    1313 is Boba Fett and Highsinger does look like it would have been a tone of fun. I would love a sandbox game on Coruscant running around as one of them. 1313 Row!

25. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I have the feeling if this isn't picked up they may incorporate elements of this game into the possible Boba Fett solo film they want to make. I can picture Daniel Logan in the costume as Boba with a model Highsinger going through the streets of Coruscant. Who knows maybe we could have encountered other characters from TCW along the way who could have confirmed if they survived or not like Sugi, Embo, Seripas, Bane, Aurra and so on though I still think from what they said about the Bounty Hunters arc in which they said we'd learn the fates of Bane and Aurra specifically that gave me the impression they were going to be killed off. Still 1313 looked awesome and I really hope it gets picked up because it'd be a shame to throw whatever they completed or the script for the game to waste.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.