main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The future of thw star wars world - where would you the fans like it to go?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_Mideon, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Mideon

Darth_Mideon Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2003
    I know this may have been discussed before, but I didn't have time to look for it. For this I apologise in advance, please mods don't my lock this topic! or if you do at least post the link where post can go.

Any way what i'm asking is:-

How do you think the Star Wars world should continue, what would you like to see.

e.g. I'd personally like to a six part TV mini series of the sith wars. I think this would be good as it's sort of be a Band of Brothers type program set in the star wars universe. Or possible a story on the actual clone wars.

A few people had put in the thread about Episode 7-9 that they'd like to see a computor generated series of some kind be it 7 - 9 or a new story.

I thought I start a new thread becuase i wanted to culminate all the ideas together. Yopu never know there maybe someone from LucasFilm who reads the site and might pick up on the idea.

Also i know that there are plans for a Virtual Trilogy, so i don't discussion on that as i know there is already a thread for that.

Cheers DM.

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I would love too see more movies or a tv series too. But I would set them way in the past or way in the future so not to mess up George Lucas's section of the Star Wars timeline.

3. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    I think a television spin-off about the Jedi would be very cool. It could be called The Knights of the Old Republic, and yes I know that's the title of an upcoming Star Wars computer RPG by Bioware, but it's such a cool title. Think about the potential stories that could be written about a Jedi knight and his young padawan as they travel about the galaxy doing Jedi stuff. The continuing story would be about the Jedi and the Sith, but that wouldn't have to be the focus of every show. In fact, it would probably work best if it weren't, instead crafting the series with weekly stand-alone stories and only focusing on the series' story arc every now and then.

Of course, it'd probably never happen, but a show like that with good writing and top notch production values could go places.

4. Darth_Mideon

Feb 8, 2003
    Mate that is a super idea kind like an outer limits but all based in the Star Wars Universe, One week it could be Darth "Bad Boy" and how he and his apprentice are up to some thing bad. Or like you said have a stand alone story of a Jedi, or even a smuggler or anything the possibilites re limitless.

This is something i really wish would happen, If lucas let someone use the ewoks in 2 very poor films, then why not let aspiring Sci Fi writers dabble in the SW world. He could pre-approve all scripts and that would be his only involvement, if that what he wants. But I must say it shouldn't infringe on anything that Lucas has already done, i.e. don't include PT or Ot characters.

I always fancied myself as a script writer so might try it write a pilot and send it to lucas film, if they say no way , then fair play, its wortha try .

any way back to the subject, any other ideas i welcome with open arms.

Cheers DM

5. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    I agree that I would like to see some sort of T.V. Series about it, but it would have to be circumscribed to a certain extent. Maybe lengthy episodes, but with only like 6 or 7 episodes. ;)

Personally I would like to see a bridge series that would connect Episode III to ANH. Sort of like the previously mentioned Band of Brothers series, only with Alliance personnel trying to undermine the Empire's might. Maybe see some Kyle Katarn action, or even a bit of Mara Jade as the Emperor's Hand. :D

*drools* Wouldn't that be nice? ;) :p

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

6. Darth_Mideon

Feb 8, 2003
    Superb Idea KenKenobi. This i'd very much like to see. Especially the mara jade idea, she was my fav charactor to come out of the EU, that and thrawn, he was an excellent bad.

Keep the Ideas Coming.

Cheers DM

7. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    As much as the Weenie wants SW to live, he realizes its much wiser to let it die. The more SW you have, the less good it is.

Balance. Its all about balance.

GL himself was worried that he was ruining Star Wars by making the prequels. He knew that might happen. And it did for the vast majority of people (present company excepted, of course).

The more SW you have, the less you'll love it. The Weenie, for one, is not gluttonous. Hes not greedy with his Star Wars. He knows when to say when. After EpIII, is when.

He doesnt know about you guys, but he wants himself and others to continue loving Star Wars.

8. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    I agree with Durwood, I would indeed like to see such a Star Wars Television Series in the future. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.