main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Galactic Civil War

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ornen, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    This is a game centered around, as the title suggests, the Galactic Civil War. It begins as a Star Destroyer chases after a Rebel ship.... And from there, it can go anywhere.

To join, simply post your character bio, featuring:
    Name:
    Faction: (Rebels, Imperials and Criminals/Mercenaries only for now)
    Height:
    Weight:
    Skin:
    Hair:
    Bio:
    And whatever else you would like to put.

You will start out as a basic recruit. Depending on your faction, you will be a Imperial Recruit, Rebel Recruit, or a Criminal Recruit. I will promote you various times throughout this, depending on what you do. You will get promoted fairly quickly early on, and most of you will probably make it past Recruit status fairly quickly. Here are some statistics for Recruits:

Recruit:
    Weapons/Equipment - Blaster Pistol
    Pay - 100 credits per post
    Info - Little more than cannon fodder, they are essentially there learning the ropes of whatever army they're in before they get to swing some real guns around.

You probably have noticed the pay thing. Well, you can buy extra stuff with money! Lets say you want to get more effective. You can buy yourself a Blaster Rifle for a little money. However, if you make it to Trooper status, you would automatically get a Blaster Rifle. Also, when somebody gets a promotion offer, they get a choice. What can a Recruit choose from?

Trooper:
    Weapons/Equipment-Blaster Rifle, Standard Knife
    Pay-200 Credits per post
    Info-The armies basic trooper, stronger than a Recruit but not by much.

Rider:
    Weapons/Equipment-Blaster Pistol, Standard Knife
    Mount-Depends on location
    Pay-200 Credits per post
    Info-You get a mount, but that's not much. The good part? If you want to be a pilot, it's best to follow this coarse.

Officer:
    Weapons/Equipment-Blaster Pistol
    Pay-200 Credits per post
    Info-You get to command a NPC Recruit, and often you get the attention of other PCs. You are able to command PC Riders, Troopers, and Recruits.

It should take TOO long for the average roleplayer to pass these ranks, and when somebody passes Recruit I'll put up more. Well, I guess we can start now.... BTW, I'll be playing the parts of most of the major characters in the series. Expect a post from some character each time I do this.

EDIT: I forgot to tell you that nobody starts out as a Jedi, but if you do things right, you will learn that you are Force-Sensitive and you will gain the ability to become a Jedi.

IC:Darth Vader entered the Rebel Ship and quickly went about surveying his troops' job and interrogating Rebel prisoners. Unfortunatly, there was nothing to be found.... After a while of searching, Vader left it to the various Imperials that had boarded the ship with him. He returned to the Star Destroyer unpleased.

2. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Name: Yomin Carr
    Race: Human
    Faction: Galactic Empire
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: *shrug*
    Skin: Caucasian
    Hair: Dark brown
    Bio: One of the few stormtroopers who signed up, and is not a clone, Yomin Carr struggles to prove himself worthy of serving on the Dark Lord Vader's command ship. Inferior physically, he has only his mind as an advantage, pushing himself to the limits in an effort to escape the boredom of life among expendable clones.
    Weapons/Equipment: Blaster Pistol
    Pay: 100 credits per post
    Sum of money: 0 credits

3. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    OOC:Feel free to join anytime.

IC:Vader sat aboard the Star Destroyer. He was troubled by recent information; the plans had escaped to Tatooine. Ah well; the Empire was already onto it.

Meanwhile, on Yavin IV...

Admiral Ackbar was also troubled. A vessel doing the most important assignment that the Rebellion had seen thus far... Had just been boarded by a Star Destroyer. Ah well. Hopefully the plans had made it off succesfully. Ah, what was he worrying about. Leia was resourceful. She'll find a way.

4. picciami

picciami Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    Name: Henrietta Redman (Henri)
    Faction: Rebels
    Height: 5'6
    Weight: who knows?
    Hair: Dark brown
    Eyes: Green to brown, depending on clothes
    Bio: Henri likes to play practical jokes on anybody nearby. She enjoys being extremely creative and grew up in a very rich household...she was a friend of Princess Leia, and decided to join in the rebellion.
    Weapons/Equipment: Blaster Pistol
    Pay: 100 credits per post
    Sum of money: 0 credits

5. picciami

picciami Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    "Admiral Ackbar? Do you think that the Princess will be okay?" Henri asked in her quiet, childlike demeanor. She started to turn away, when Admiral Ackbar finally replied.

6. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    "She is very resourceful, and even if the Empire captures her, she still has many friends in high places. The Rebellion would try our hardest to get her back, but she would probably get help from somebody else. The plans would be easier to keep away from the Imperials; they could be put in anything electronic. Leia could easily put a help signal in with it."

7. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Name: Bain Chorz
    Faction: Galactic Empire
    Height: 6'0
    Weight: 125
    Skin: Kiwi (You know, like New Zealand [Maori])
    Hair: Black
    Bio: Longing to be a bounty hunter, Prince Bain Chorz had many exciting adventures with his droid PRLN-34 (Parlen). He was recruited by the Monarchs of the planets surrounding his planet Cheln to find such rogues as Tchek Rensad, Yom Qotard, Saie Redgick, and others. Later, he met an Imperial Lieutenant who referred him to his Admiral. He was accepted and began his Imperial career because of his exceptional skill. After a Rebel supporter's uprising on Cheln, known as the Red Lacq, led to the destruction of his home planet, Bain held an even greater hate for the Rebel Scum. His family, though, made it away from the planet before the destruction and found harbor at a nearby planet: Bespin. New Cheln City became a fast rival to Cloud City, but the two live in harmony; Lando Calrissian and King Chorz doing regular business with eachother.
    Weapons/Equipment: Blaster Pistol, Wears Jedi Robe, Feux Lightsaber at belt, 4EB Sunfire-class Light-weight Intercepter: "Hand's Reach"
    Pay: 100 credits per post (Millions in reserve)
    Sum of money: 500 credits (200,000,000 credits in reserve)

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

8. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Name: Jaak Gray
    Faction: Rebel Alliance
    Height: 6'2
    Weight: unknown
    Hair: Jet black
    Bio: Jaak is the son of a politician and is quiet and thoughtful, clever and calm and trained to use a blaster. He would have been a perfect stormtrooper, but instead joined the Rebellion after the Empire arrested his father for treason and his mother fell ill and died soon after.
    Weapons/equipment: blaster

9. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Jaak stood quietly in the shadows nearby, watching Ackbar and Henri closely. He wondered what must be done. The fate of the rebellion could lie in these stolen plans.
    " What must we do, Admiral?" he asked. The Mon Calamari got up and turned to Jaak before answering.

10. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    Bain Chorz hid in the shadows high above the three. Listening intently, he slowly pulled his blaster pistol from his holster.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

11. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    OOC:Jaster, sorry, but there won't be any characters that start off with that much. Everybody essentially starts broke, and the cash builds up. Over time you could easily become a wealthy Imperial Noble, or maybe a Crimelord, a private Bounty Hunter, Rebel War Hero.... However, we all start off as recruits.

IC:Yavin IV
    "Well, the Empire seems to be directing a good deal of their anger on the Bothans, as it was mainly Bothans that stole the infomation. We need to protect a major contact of ours, Agent Pra'tat. If any of you would like to go protect him, I suggest you go. We need all the help we can get in this delicate matter."

12. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    OOC: Sorry. Didn't know. What if I have all that money in my parents' bank account...? :D

Bain, blaster pistol drawn, leaps down from his hiding spot. Admiral Ackbar yells "It's a trap!"

Bain yells, "Watch this!" as he throws a holocard to Ackbar and runs out. In the distance, you can hear the engines to his 4EB Interceptor start as he takes off from the moon.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

13. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    OOC:So far nobody really has any personal transporation either, but I'll let you have the TIE until you make contact with the Imperials. And for the sucessful mission so far, you get promotion. So, what'll it be?

IC:Admiral Ackbar picked up the Holo and examined it before he decided to hit the play button....

14. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    Bain Chorz, piloting his TIE, makes contact with the home-one Star Destroyer. He lands in the docking bay.
    To a nearby Stormtrooper: "Where is the Admiral?"
    Stormtrooper: He's in the Forward Command Center.
    Bain marches towards the FCC.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

15. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    "Excellent work!" the Admiral congratulated Bain, "We're offering you a promotion for this. You can choose to be an Imperial Trooper, Rider, or Officer."

16. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    OOC: Not to be a bother, but why am I being promoted? BTW, sorry for the past mistakes (I didn't know about the money, the ship, etc...)

Thank you, sir. I'll choose Officer.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

17. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    OOC:I'm trying to get people up through the early ranks pretty fast. I want some people who get pretty high fairly quickly, but later on things should die down a little bit. Also, next time you get promoted, here are the choices:

Senior Officer:
    Equipment-Blaster Pistol, Light Body Armor
    Pay-300 Credits per post
    Bio-Now able to control one NPC Trooper/Rider or two NPC Recruits and control any PC of your rank (except for other Senior Officer and Political Advisors).

Political Advisor:
    Equipment-Blaster Pistol
    Pay-300 Credits per post
    Bio-Can control NPC Recruits and also PC Recruits. You will be assigned a Politician (I'll make one for anybody who becomes an Advisor), and you will get a say, though small, in the political decisions of your faction. Recommended for those that want to have a part in the greater scope of the Galaxy and pursue a political career, but you won't see much combat (if any), and won't be able to personally control any units, although you will be able to contol PC Officers and Senior Officers.

18. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks! :D

Up!

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

19. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Darth Vader stood aboard his Star Destroyer, as the ship exited hyperspace not far from Bothawui (Bothan home world). Soon they world search and destroy, until there was nothing that could help the Rebels left...

20. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Jaak stepped forward, blaster drawn, ready for another Imperial spy. After it had been confirmed that there had been only one intruder, Jaak holstered his blaster and turned around to face the others.
    "Hmm...an Imperial. We'd better check out our little present."
    He turned to Admiral Ackbar.
    "What's on the holocard, sir?"

21. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    After gaining his new title of Officer, Bain Chorz left the presence of the Admiral and headed back to the docking bay. Suited up, Bain entered his TIE Fighter and took off, ready to make contact with Lord Vader's Star Destroyer...

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

22. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    OOC:Jaster, you don't get your own personal transportation yet. You're going to have to give the TIE up once you reach Vader's SD and from there you might get assigned a transport from time to time, and eventually you will probably be able to have your own.

IC:Yavin IV
    Secret Rebel Base
    Lounge

Admiral Ackbar checked out the holocard. It was little more than some high-ranked Imperial official telling them to give it up with the Bothans... Ackbar sighed. Did the Empire really expect them to go along with this? "I encourage all of you to go to Bothawui to protect our spies, hopefully get them out of there. The transport is leaving soon."

Bothan Space
    Vader's Super Star Destroyer
    Docking Bay

As Bain exited the TIE, he recieved a call on his commlink. He picked it up to hear the Admiral, "If you choose to accept your mission, we have a troop transport ready to move in in Docking Bay D5. If you are interested, inform the Squad Leader on the transport."

OOC:By the way, any other Imperials should feel free to join this mission with Bain.

23. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    OOC: I'm the only Imperial. Lol :D

Bain left the docking bay and headed for docking bay D5.
    As he enters the docking bay, an officer walks up

Officer: Lord Vader has heard of your mission's success. He congratulates you.

Bain: Thank you. Give him my regards.
    (To the transport's pilot) I have accepted my mission. Inform me when we are ready to depart. I have something I would like to do before I leave...

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

24. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    OOC:There is one other, they just havn't posted.

IC:Bothan Space
    Vader's Super Star Destroyer
    Docking Bay D4

"We're ready to depart anytime you're ready," the Squad Leader told Bain.

25. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    Walking through the corridors of Darth Vader's Star Destroyer, he suddenly was overcome with the thought of his lost love, Calen Sworthe. He remembered how he was seperated from her during the siege by the Red Lacque. He flew off in his personal transport while she boarded one heading for Bespin with his parents. He hadn't been able to go back for her, he had joined with the Empire to soon. Overcome, Bain slumped against the wall, his face in his hand. Suddenly, over the loudspeaker, a voice said:
    "Transport to Bespin System, docking bay B15."

Bain saw this as an opportunity. Knowing that a Court Marhall would be in place if he disobeyed his command, Bain thought quickly. He reached in his pocket and found, to his surprise, an empty holocard. Quickly he found an empty room and began recording himself. He recorded a special message for Calen. Hurrying towards DB B15, he met the pilot and handed him the holocard, telling him to send it to the Chorz family.

Bain, hearing over the loudspeaker that his transport was leaving, hurried to DB D5 and got on just in time.

Officer: What took you so long?

Bain: I told you, I had something to take care of...

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.