main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Galactic Civil War

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ornen, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Bain lapsed into thought again. He thought of Calen and how...

Pilot: Transport is ready for departure.

Bain: Thank you... We're dealing with Bothans, eh?

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

2. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    "Are we about to your base yet?" Renn asked. He and his client had arrived at the rendezvous without incident, and were now travelling to the base in a covered speeder. The windows Renn could see out of from his position had been opaqued so he could not see where they were going. "If you don't trust me, I'm going to have to start charging you extra."

3. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Bothawui
    Drev'starn
    Streets

"Hey, I didn't ask for the windows like that. And yes, we're almost there."

Bothan Space
    Over Bothawui
    Troop Transport

As the transport left the Star Destroyer, Lerro looked out the window at all the other ships beginning the landing on Bothawui. Ah, the might of the Empire... He thought. As they entered the planet's atmosphere, they began to notice anti-air lasers surging up. The pilot was dodging them to the best of his ability, but when they were about a mile off the ground, they heard an explosion from within the ship. "They've blown an engine out!" yelled the pilot, "Try and open the door in the back, there are parachutes under your seats!" The landing craft was in a nose dive now, and beginning to catch on fire...

4. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    "All right, I won't charge you more. This has already given me a chance to get back at the Empire a little bit. The more payback I get, the better."

5. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Bothawui
    Drev'starn
    Silver Shadows HQ

As they arrived at the base, Pra'tat and Renn got out of the car. Pra'tat walked over to a younger Bothan, this one middle-aged. "Renn, I'd like you to meet my Head of Security, San'Ryr."

OOC:This is your chance.

6. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    "Are you the officer who ordered the speeder with covered windows?" Renn demanded.

"Yes, I am. I don't trust humans. Your species hasn't suffered as much under Palpatine."

"You want to know about suffering? Three years ago, my parents were slaughtered by the Empire. I was going to be returning from Corellia University for break, and they decided to go buy my favorite food to welcome me home.

"While they were at the store, Stromtroopers came in and started shooting wildly and killed everyone inside. Supposedly the store owner had said something bad about the Empire. That was bad enough, but the Empire took all the money from the bank accounts of everyone they killed as 'compensation' for the operation.

"I was left with the house and everything in it, including my father's blaster." Renn pats the blaster hanging in his holster, "The Rebellion hadn't really started yet, so I decided to become a mercenary to strike back at the Empire for ruining my life. How's that for suffering?"

7. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Meanwhile, in space, a rebel transport was approaching Bothawui, a squadron of A-Wings covering the ship. Jaak Gray was sat on his bed, adjusting his blaster pistol. Suddenly the blaster fell from his hand as the ship rocked, and shouts of panic could be heard from across the ship. He sprung to his feet and rushed to see what was happening.
    Enemy fire was shaking the ship.
    "Imperial slugs!" muttered Jaak under his breath. He knew the A-Wings couldn't cover the ship.
    " The agents on the mission to Bothawui are to use the four escape pods!" commanded a voice from somewhere nearby. Before Jaak could protest, the co-pilot had grabbed him and thrown him into an escape pod, sending him hurtling towards Bothawui.

8. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    Bain Chorz, having parachuted from the crippled transport, began his slow decent to the ground. He pulled a holo-comlink from his pocket and dialed up his friend Gular.

Gular: Hello... Oh, Bain! What are you doing? You're in a lot of trouble. Remember Lt. Col. Corsen? He's got it in that you sabotaged the Transport to Bothawui.

Bain: What?! I was on that Transport!

Gular: He told the others that you headed for the D15 flight to Bespin.

Bain: I was sending a message. Gular, you've got to believe me... I would never...

Gular: I know, I know. So does the Admiral. You've been serving under him for so long that he knows you would never do anything to thwart to Imperial...

Bain: The Admiral's on my side? Then who's after me?

Gular: Corsen. He's sending out his lackeys to intercept you. I suggest you stay low long enough to get a transport back to the Star Destroyer.

Bain: Thanks, Gular. I owe you one. I'll inform you when I'm out of the not-so-public eye.

Gular: Stay sharp.

Bain put the holo-comlink back and braced for impact. He landed in a city street. Pulling off his parachute, he noticed a few Bothans pointing him out to a small group of Stormtroopers. Hurriedly pulling himself from the parachute, Bain turned and immediately began to run. He ducked in an alley and hid in an abandoned speeder. He then remembered he had his Imperial uniform shirt on over a plain button-up. Tearing it off, he stuffed it in his pack. He wired the speeder and backed out.

As he turned down the street, he noticed an elderly Bothan.

Bain: Where is the nearest base?

Bothan: It's up that way. Follow that road.

Bain: Thank you, kindly.

Bain travelled the trail and entered what seemed to be a secure area. He pulled up and was immediately surrounded by Bothan guards.

1st Bothan: What business...

Bain: I was told that a base was this way. Which faction are you?

Bothan: Rebellion. Again, what business have you?

Bain: I was separated from my crew. I'm a pilot. We were transporting a shipment from Nar Shadaa to Ord Mantell.

Bothan: Then why are you so far down?

Bain: We were stopping for fuel when our ship was destroyed by the Imperials. They got theirs, though.

Bothan: Alright, we'll take you to San'Ryr.

The 1st Bothan guard took Bain inside the base.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

9. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Bothawui
    Drev'starn
    Silver Shadows HQ

As Renn finished talking to San'Ryr, another person came up. "Who are you?" the head of security asked.

10. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    Bain: Fet Dobal, I'm captain of the Sabacc's Luck. We were on our way to Ord Mantell when the Imperials destroyed our ship as we were coming in for fuel.

San'Ryr: That sounds logical. My informants told me that there were two ships destroyed over Bothawui.

Bain: I was hoping that, while I'm crewless, I could possibly join in your fight...

San'Ryr: Yes, yes. Our forces on Bothawui are small. How are your piloting skills?

Bain: I once made the Kessel Run in less than 12 Parsecs.

San'Ryr: Ah, the Black Hole Manuever... Yes, we could use a pilot like you.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

11. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    "That's strange, I heard that just happened for the first time recently," commented Renn, "and I think the ship was named the Millenium Falcon, not the Sabacc's Luck."

12. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    Bain: Uh, we were racing. Whoever could make the run faster recieved 5,000 credits from the loser.

San'Ryr: So did you actually beat him?

Bain: Of course. Must've taken the credit himself. There weren't many witnesses...

Bain was, of course, lying. However, he did once race the Millenium Falcon. The captain, (Suul, Solo...) was transporting illegal Spice shipments from Ord Mantell. Bain was in the area and had just recieved the bounty order for the Falcon. He got in his Hand's Reach just in time to watch the Falcon lift-off from the docking bay. He followed closely, firing at vital parts, nearly crippling the ship. The Falcon, nearly disabled began to slow and the Hand's Reach fired past. So Bain, er... Fet Dobal (at the moment) had indeed beaten Solo at one time. It wasn't all a lie.

San'Ryr: Well, shall we get down to business? As a pilot for the Rebellion, we are placing you with a mission. The Empire has a fleet of Star Destroyers orbiting our planet. We are sending you with a captured TIE fighter and a new persona in order to gain information on the Imperial status at the moment.

Finally, a good break! But who would he be going as...?

San'Ryr: We have information that the crew of the Imperial transport that attacked you is dead. No survivors were found. You are being sent as Officer Bain Chorz.

Bain almost fainted after hearing his own name. This was the most luck he had all day.

Bain: I accept my mission.

San'Ryr: Very good, Fet. You will report back to this base after gaining the information needed. A list can be found on the holodisk. May the Force be with you.

Ah, the Force. When Bain was last in the presence of Lord Vader, Vader informed Bain that he was Force sensetive. Bain had never thought about actually using the Force. At this time though, with the Imperials after him and soon to be the Reballion if he failed, he figured it might be necessary. But who would teach him?

Bain: May the Force be with you.

Bain left with a few Bothan Guards and headed for the ship bay.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

13. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    (OOC: Nice response.)

14. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    OOC: Thank you...! :D

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

15. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    "I still don't trust him, boss. I'm going to keep an eye on him," commented Renn after Dobal walked away.

16. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    The Bothan guards led Bain to the bay. It was a huge covered area filled with X-wings, Y-wings, V-wings, and A-wings. As Bain gazed around, one of the Bothans spoke.

Bothan: Do you like our assembly? Admiral Ackbar has just created the prototype B-wing. It's our new model that should keep the Imperials at bay.

Bain: Very nice. Who did you say created the B-wing?

As he finished asking the question, a Mon Calamari suited in a white turtle-neck and white trousers walked up. Admiral Ackbar! He had seen Bain during the spy msission to Yavin IV! But did he get a good look at his face?

Ackbar: You!

Great. He remembers me...

Ackbar: You were the one floating down from that battle. What brings you here?

Bain: I've joined the Rebellion.

Ah, I'm safe.

Ackbar: Ah. Very well. Have you a mission?

Bain: I'm to infiltrate an Imperial Star Destroyer.

Ackbar: So you are the man. Your TIE is over in that corner. May the Force be with you.

Bain: May the Force be with you.

Bothan: We'll leave you now. Fare well and may the Force be with you.

Bain: And with all of you.

As strange as it felt, Bain began to understand the Rebellion's cause. As he climbed into the TIE, he realised that he no longer hated the Rebellion, possibly enough to defect. He would do something about that later. The only thing on his mind was to get back to the Star Destroyer and clear his name.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

17. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    OOC:Sorry for my absence, got a 24 hour ban. Things seem to be going good, if I were here I would have asked to inspect your bag, but things seem to be running smooth.

18. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    (OOC: I am leaving for Spring Break later today, but will try to check in a couple of times next week.)

19. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    As Bain's TIE fighter flew out of the bay, a young man came in, dressed in a flightsuit, dirty and grasping his blaster. It was Jaak. The Admiral came over and greeted him.
    Ackbar: It's good to see you Jaak. We heard what happened to the transport...we assumed you were dead.
    Jaak: I got out in an escape pod, crashed nearby, some friends took me here. What was that TIE doing here?
    Ackbar: We've sent an agent named Fet Dobal to the Empire under the pretense of being an Imperial officer. We have to find out the
    Imperial situation.
    Jaak: What about Pra'tat? Is he in any danger? I must meet with him.
    Ackbar: Yes, I think you should. He is currently under the protection of a mercenary named Renn. This Bothan agent can take you to him.
    Jaak: Mercenary? We don't need them. Take me to Pra'tat.

20. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    Bain checked his monitor. It was all clear. He checked the connection settings to the TIE's comlink. Set to 100986: The Empire's setting.

Bain: This is Officer Bain Chorz. Requesting permission to dock.

Comlink: TK965, permission granted.

Bain found his Imperial holo-comlink and switched it on. He found the connection settings for the Admiral's office and linked.

Admiral: Bain! My boy, how are you?

Bain: Fine, Sir. I'm on my way to the Star Destroyer now.

Admiral: WHat?! You can't go back there. Corsen is there waiting for you. He's under Moff Getance. I'm afraid the Imperial Navy has no control over political matters.

Bain: I'm going to leave this connection on. If he's waiting, you'll hear it all. Sir, plaese send this to the Advisors. If the Grand Admiral hears about this...

Admiral: Sure, sure. Go now.

Bain: Thank you, Sir.

Bain landed. As soon as he did, he was overwhelmed by Stormtroopers. A man in a gray Imperial uniform with the markers displaying that he was a Lt. Col.

Corsen!

Corsen: Well, well. Bain Chorz. So, you have returned. What do you have to say for yourself.

Bain: You'll pay for this, Corsen.

Corsen: No, I am afraid you will pay for this. It was not I who destroyed an Imperial transport.

Bain: I didn't do it.

Corsen: All the evidence proves it. And just because it was planted doesn't mean the Advisors won't believe my story.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

21. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    OOC: Up! :D

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

22. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    OOC: And again... Up! :D

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

Top o' tha marnin'...

23. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    Third time's the charm... :D

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

24. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    OOC:Do you want me to take the roll of Corsen or somebody?

25. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    OOC: Sure, go for it... :D

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.