main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Galactic Enquirer Newsletter

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Skywalker1138, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    That sounds cool, Rick! I'd look forward to reading it! :)

2. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Rick--sounds terrific! Please send it on in! I look forward to seeing it in my in-box :)

3. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I promise I will have something in for the newsletter by the 25th...I'm still thinking about it.

4. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Excellent Idaara! We're getting really excited by the new show of interest! Please do send in what you have!

5. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Just got an article from Rick_Sith! Keep 'em commin' everyone!

I've been reading the Milwookie Lounge Thread and you all have some fascinating activities you're involved with... so why not write about them?

Idea: For anyone taking Aikido or other martial arts, write about how it relates to the Star Wars universe.

Idea: If you have a strong faith and find connections, write about how you've found the connection and what it is.

Keep writing and drawing! Where are all of our artists?

MTFBWY

6. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    After the first issue is out, the contributors will be invited to attend a Galactic Enquirer meet. Those who would like to become regular contributors or have their own columns will get organized here.

I have a lot of prospective work out there pending but very few submissions right now. May The Force Be With You between now and the deadline for all writers and artists wishing to be published!

7. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    CONTRIBUTE OR BE [image=http://www.all-about-tom.com/starwars/icons/images/bannedjerjerrod.gif] [face_devil]

8. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    TWO DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE DEADLINE
    then the process of putting your stories into the newsletter begins!

Mail me at: SeaOrchids@aol.com (I'm acting as Editor until/unless Twisty is free from Les Miserable and other activities).

Everyone MAKE SURE you're on Mauler_II's (or BYOB_Kenobi's) mailing list if you want a copy of the newsletter at the end of October!

MTFBWY!

9. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Don't ban me, Tom! :eek: I sent something!

10. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelievers.

Meghan will be spared.

11. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Good job solo414!

12. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Let me know if Tracey doesn't get a report from the book club meeting to you by the deadline. I was going to do it but she said she would.

13. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    CaptMereel: I got something through Twisty from Tracey, but thanks for staying on top of things.

CruzNSeal: great picture--can't wait to put it in the newsletter

ONE DAY LEFT UNTIL THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS

14. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Auraveda has indicated that she has some drawings to share.

15. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Please have them send it to me in e-mail as a .jpg, .gif and/or .bmp

Thanks!

MTFBWY

16. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Congrats to all of you who have submitted your work before the deadline! To you who are still working on things, May The Force Be With You through midnight while you get it in! ;) And now it's my turn to work some magic.

17. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Jenni, I'll be sending you a couple of logos before the conclusion of business hours.

To everyone who eventually reads this thing, I apologize for the silly and disjointed nature of my article. But hopefully it will make you chuckle.

18. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    SPECIAL
    Anyone wishing to write one an EXTRA SPECIAL note to a fellow fan force Milwookie Council member(a birthday, a surprise message with good taste, etc.) write me a PM of who it is to, and I'll put it in a special column if we get more than three by September 30, 2002.

MTFBWY!

19. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Y'mean like a Shout Out? Cool. :D

20. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    That's right, Tom. You can give mad props to someone.

21. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    I missed the deadline. :( I'm sorry. I wasn't feeling good this week and basically was just crashing right after I got home from work. :( Please don't ban me, Tom.

Let me know when the next issue might be and I promise to have something for you then.

22. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    The deadline was the 25th, but there was one other Fan Force member going through something too and I extended it and left room for them, so if you have something before the 30th, you can still send it to me at SeaOrchids@aol.com

The deadline for the next newsletter hasn't been determined yet because I have to see how this one flies first. But, ideally for now, we're having quarterly newsletters so that you can have a general idea. The next newsletter will come out in late winter probably.

23. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Jenni- You're doing a great job and so is your staff. KEEP IT UP!!! :D I can't wait to read the newsletter!

24. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Thanks, and that means a lot to me--although you realize, it is really thanks to all of you who have participated (including Solo414) who are going to make this a make-or-break newsletter! And... "I have a [GOOD] feeling about this." To all of you supporting the Milwookie Council's Galactic Enquirer: May The Force Be With You...always!

25. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    New deadline good. :) That means I can still turn in something by the end of this weekend. Thanks!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.