main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Galactic Enquirer Newsletter

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Skywalker1138, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Greetings Exalted Ones:

I won't be picking up e-mail until Monday, so get last-minute things in by Monday morning and I'll get back to you.

MTFBWY

2. Jedi_Bane

Jedi_Bane Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    heh, wow, great timing on my part... I am interested in contributing something, but given the amount of time left b4 the deadline I may not be able too...
    I will however make a good effort, if I get something done, it'll be waiting in ur inbox...

3. Jedi_Bane

Apr 30, 2002
    heh, wow, great timing on my part... I am interested in contributing something, but given the amount of time left b4 the deadline I may not be able too...
    I will however make a good effort, if I get something done, it'll be waiting in ur inbox...

4. Jedi_Bane

Apr 30, 2002

5. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Tonight after work I'm working on the newsletter. Acceptance to new articles for this issue is closed, however I'll accept new articles for the next newsletter beginning now. The next newsletter will come out in late winter depending on amount of response cards received in the 1st issue.

I'll post again later tonight to let you know approximately how thin/thick the 1st newsletter will be!

Until then, MTFBWY

6. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    NEWSBREAK:

Important:
    For those who want their real names with their credits, please forward me your ID here along with your REAL NAME in a PM before Monday (being Thursday, that gives you until 4 days)--otherwise your ID here will only be included.

Thank you!

-Acting as Editor
    Jenni

...by the way, in response to how it's going: so far the newsletter looks like it'll be a minimum of 2 11x17" folded instead of one and who knows--it might get bigger yet!

7. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    If you're just "acting", you're doing a really good job of it: "Hi, I'm Jenni. I'm not a regional Newsletter Editor, but I play one on the Fan Force posting boards". I'm not buying it. You must be a "real" editor. Thanks for the continued hard work--I know we all can't wait to see the finished product!

8. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Jenni has asked me to notify everyone of the possibility that delivery of the newsletter may be delayed until early November. She will soon be undergoing some serious dental surgery.

9. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Ow. :(

Good luck with the surgery! I hope you heal quickly.

10. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Ahh, dental surgery. That means she will be getting gassed and some good drugs.

Congrats Jenni, and I hope it goes well.

11. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Hope it goes well!

12. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Jenni is acting as editor because the play swamped my life and didn't give me the chance to work on the newsletter this time around.

I say she deserves a big hurrah.

Oh, and good luck with the surgery.

13. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Thanks everyone--I had no idea everyone posted in response to my dental surgery--actually, it's going to be wisdom teeth pulling, but they're knocking me out cold because I have TMJ. Thanks for the support!!!

NEWS on the NEWSLETTER:
    Here is a list of everyone who has contributed. If you are NOT on this list, please notify me ASAP!!!

? JediHexer
    ? JediSister
    ? TwistyMaeSkywalker
    ? BYOB_Kenobi
    ? LeiaYT1300
    ? Outlander
    ? Mauler_II
    ? BWing53
    ? RickSith
    ? Auraveda
    ? CruzNSeal
    ? Solo414

I need real first names of:

? Auraveda
    ? CruzNSeal

...if you want them included in the newsletter.

So far, this newsletter looks like it'll be about 7 11x17" pages double-sided (and not just 2). GOOD WORK!

May The Force Be With All Of You, and I'll try to get this thing out ASAP!

14. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    ...and one more thing
    I need more SHOUT OUTS!

These are short, brief, published messages to your friends, which you can PM to me! These should be directed to Fan Force Members and will be in the FALL NEWSLETTER due out very soon!

15. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    "his name is Michael Anderson, his name is Michael Anderson, his name is Michael Anderson..." (ah fight club)

anyway you can call me mike, or anything else that catches your fancy for that matter. good luck with the newsletter and thanks for all the work you've done.

-mike

16. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    After the premier issue comes out, I'd like to immediately schedule a Galactic Enquirer meeting at my place--nothing fancy--just soda and talk about what you liked and what could have been better, and what you want to do in the next newsletter. Please look at your November schedules--it'll be on a November Saturday.

Stay tuned...

17. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    I was wondering how everyone would feel about a PDF version online (and I'd have to ask Que4zone about doing it on the official web page) because:
    a. I'd have to fund the postage & print it alone otherwise this time even though originally I wanted to, but now I just had surgery and Christmas is on the way
    b. I wanted this thing out already in October, and the longer it takes to print and send the longer we all wait
    c. The newsletter is DONE now. It's done, but I still don't have everyone's home address even though I have the most recent address list

Tell me what you think, and if the majority votes to have the first issue printed, I will still print it... but everyone chips in the for the next ones :)

18. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    It would be easy for me to put it on the web-site. I could possibly make all the acticles in HTML, so people who don't have or want Adobe Acrobat, can read them. It's a thought. Whatever you want, I'll do it. (I'll try anyway)..

19. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Let me know if y'all don't have my address to send my copy of the Enquirer to. I'll PM it to you (on the last address list I got from Mauler, my address was still missing...).

20. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    A pdf or html version would be fine with me. I don't need another piece of paper floating around my apartment, and why not save some trees? If people want a printed copy it's easy enough to print out a pdf file, that way they bear the cost of printing individually.

Also it'd be great to add the content to the website.

21. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    I agree--keep your cost and hassle to a minimum, Jenni. Once again, thanks for spending your time on putting it all together!

22. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Personally, I like pdf and everyone should get Adobe anyways (there is a free download, ya know!).

23. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Ok Great--I'll get the proof back from my proofer (LeiaYT1300) in a few days and I'll PDF it. Thanks everyone!

[image=http://www.thenextamidala.com/vds/final_encounter.jpg]

MTFBWY

24. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    I know, I know, "Where's our newsletter"--well, I'll tell ya where it is. I picked up the proofed version from LeiaYT1300's home this weekend, which means this week I intend to make the changes and get out a PDF. Now I have to get in touch with Dan. If you're reading this, please PM me. If not, I'll be posting results here over the next few days until it's up and running.

MTFBWY all

25. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    LO, AND BEHOLD THE FAN FORCE'S PREMIER ISSUE!

[color=red]The PREMIER Issue [/color]
    of [color=purple][hl=yellow]THE GALACTIC ENQUIRER[/hl]
    [/color] has been sent to Que4Zone for upload at [link=http://www.wisconsinfanforce.org][i]The Official Milwookie Council Site[/i][/link] and will be available for view:
    [ul][li]MONDAY[/li][li]NOVEMBER 18th[/li][/ul]
    [hl=lightblue]"This is Red 5, Over. Prepare for Lift-Off." {kshhhhhhh} "Roger that." [/b][/hl]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.