main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*The Galactic New Republic Fan Club!* RIP

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jang-Anakin_Fett, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jang-Anakin_Fett

Jang-Anakin_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2003
    This Fan Club is dedicated to our beloved, RIP, New Republic. A new Republic who tried to live up to the legacy of the Old Republic. A New Republic who we've read about since the beginning of Star Wars EU. A New Republic which billions of people in the Star Wars galaxy have defended in the died for.

One of the reasons I loved the New Republic is because it continued on with the name "Republic". A name that stood high in the galaxy for thousands of years, reborn once again. I also loved the name and the legacy it carried behind it in the Saga.

Now it's just been thrown away like a peice of trash. A whole 25 years of protecting and sacraficing completely gone in vain. A name that was supposed to continue on a legacy of peace in galaxy, completly forgotten. I'm suprised that Leia isn't upset about this. If only Mon Monthma could see this. She would would roll over in her grave. BRING BACK THE NEW REPUBLIC! :(

May we always remember the Republic that kept us reading the EU all these years and made it worth while. LONG LIVE THE NEW REPUBLIC! :D

2. Tanakin_Skywalker

Tanakin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2003
    Great Fan Club! Of course i'll join! I truly miss the New Republic also.

3. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    we wiped out the pitiful new republic. weak! [face_devil]

4. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    The New Republic was a weak government. Why?

Disunity.

Getting the Empire onboard was the best thing the Galactic Alliance could've done. The New Republic's subconscious thought processes--power at any cost--did it in. The members of the Alliance had to make a conscious choice to focus on the objective--liberty and justice for all.

5. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    yep sums it up. thats why there will never be a new republic...just learn to deal with the GFFA.

6. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    billions

More like trillions! :D w00t! Gotsta love da Yuuzhan Vong.

7. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    thats yuuzhan vong to you!

8. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Well, consider that they have hundreds of thousands of worlds to work with. I'd say that, proportionately, it's on about the same scale as the Stalin death camps.

9. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    NO! i have no respect for the vong, so I misspell the name....not really...actually I just hit the wrong button. I am not worthy. :p

10. Tanakin_Skywalker

Tanakin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2003
    jhc36: Get over it. The New Republic/Galactic Alliance won. The VONG lost BADLY!

Long live the New Republic!

11. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    So says the guy with the icon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.