main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Galactic Senate RPG - [August] *In Session*

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Final Tallies include Zaller's vote. :)

[b]IC: The Senate[/b]
    [i]Location: Coruscant[/i]

Slowly the clocked ticked down, as the voting period moved to a close. The floating repulsor-screen looked as follows:

[color=blue][b][u]Senate Voting Session Closed[/u][/b][/color]
    [b]Resolution: S.R. #6 - The Republic Food Sharing Program Creation Act [/b]

[color=green][b]Yays: 7[/b][/color]
    [color=red][b]Nays: 2[/b][/color]
    [color=yellow][b]Abstains: 1[/b][/color]

[b]TIME REMAINING: 00 hrs: 01 mins[/b]

Then finally the minute elapsed and the voting closed. The strange, largely ignored bill had passed over the protests of the Department of Agriculture. There was very little talk of it outside of Coruscant, with news of the bill nested deep in the political reports.

The Department of Agriculture remained silent on the bill, grudgedly continuing on their duties. The Agribuisnesses were also quiet, stunned that their extensive lobbying efforts did not pay off. Industry insiders predict some sort of a retaliatory response, yet nothing is evident yet. Many planetary governors are pleased to be receiving Republic aid.

[b]*After 6 passed resolutions, pundits are beginning to notice trends in passed legislation. Analysis pieces start to quip that the Senate seems to be "The Great Goodie Basket," a strongly federalist body eager to give the local planets gifts such as food subsidies (SR6), increased education funding (SR3), freedom from federal spice restrictions (SR2), and increased trade through new hyperspace lanes (SR5).*[/b]

[b]TAG: Players[/b]

[hr]
    [b][color=red]More GM's OOC:[/color][/b] Oooookay. So, with this we move into the out-of-session period. Like last time, you alls are free to move from Coruscant to any part of the galaxy you wish. Probably returning home to your planet to visit your constituents would be a good idea.

This game is now going open again to new players through the month of May.

Like last time, I'll be working on my list. It'll have all the stuff from last time, plus even some more. So expect a busy May (compared to March ;))

[u]GM?s Check List[/u]

1.) Updated Public Relations figures for the latest round of votings.
    2.) The issues for the next period will be posted here in the thread
    3.) New Republic Intelligence Data on these resolutions to be posted
    4.) Updated polling data for your people and what they think about the new resolutions.
    5.) Party stances for the bills will be posted
    6.) Small "State of the Galaxy" post giving any long-term trends or impacts associated with the laws.
    7.) Title change to show this game is going to be open to new players through the month of May [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]
    8.) New GMs will be installed for parties without them.
    ----- (If you are interested, let me know)
    9.) The Rules Expansion Pack will be loaded and integrated into the story

In the meanwhile, like I said, visit your people, enjoy the time off, scheme, dream, hob, and nob.. ;)

Any questions, you can PM me, as always. :)

-I_H

2. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    IC - Tak Vedis
    Tak's apartment, the Works

At about 3am Coruscant time, as Tak was shredding his way through several hundred ancient warriors in his latest adventure: Dynasty Warriors 122: Empires, his supply of liquor for the night was interrupted by his pesky droid. Not that good help was easy to find, but after rescuing the rustbucket from the crusher 3,760 years in the past, he'd thought HL would actually be appreciative, but no, the waste of durasteel was becoming a pain in the rear.

"Irritated Statement: It is time to sleep it off, Master. Query: Do you not remember, tomorrow you begin your journey back to Naboo. Observation: Should you show up a disgusting, smelly, drunken meatbag, your political enemies shall devour you in that hideous way you organic meatbags ingest and digest nutrition. Supplication: In a figurative sense, of course."

During all that babbling, Tak realized his droid could really use some sound suppressors to make it less... noisy.

"Are you finished?" he asked. A loud burp escaped his lips and he rubbed his belly.

"Resigned Statement: Yes, Master."

"Good, then you can kindly move your metallic butt so I can go to bed. I need to get up tomorrow." He pushed past HL on his way to the front door. Realizing that wasn't the right way to go, he turned and went to the bedroom.

Staring after his master, HL modulated his servos, shaking his command module (head) back and forth slowly. "Observation: Perhaps my processors need re-adjusting, but I believe I just said the same thing."

Tag: none

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Chancellor Territha
    Senate Hall

Chancellor Territha watched as the chrono counted down to zero and the display screen told her the voting results of S.R. #6. She sighed as she saw what she was being forced to do. She had not had to use her veto power yet, but with the galactic numbers her staff had collected for her about S.R. #6, there was no way she could allow the bill to pass as is. The big wookiee knew that 70% of the galaxy was against this bill and she had been very confused sitting in the Senate hall listening to talks that did not reflect these numbers. She was growing wary of the way Senators were conducting themselves and things needed to stop. It was time to show them that what we were voting on must be for the benefit of the entire galaxy, not just their home planet. She could only hope that the message would be heard and the response favorable.

[Cate set up the holocam so we can broadcast this to the Senators and the Republic. It will not be fun for them to have a few months to stew about what I have done, but perhaps now they will take me more seriously.]

Sitting in her Chancellor's chair in the Senate hall, robes carefully placed around her. The wookiee hoped to use her size to her benefit in addressing the beings of the Republic and the Senate. She fiddled with her robes for a second before getting a reassurance from Cate that things were all set and ready to go. She began:

[Senators and beings of the Republic. You may have heard that S.R. #6 The Republic Food Sharing Program Creation Act has passed, however I am vetoing this bill. The majority of the planets of the Republic will not benefit from this bill and the Senate is not here to hand people gifts they do not work for. This bill would cripple some worlds and the economic detriments are too great for me to ignore.[

She paused and steepled her large fingers in front of her.

[To the starving people of the Republic, we are not forgetting about you. I promise another bill will be around shortly that will address these concerns and I expect full support from the Senate on this bill. The new bill will be more economically feasible for all parties involved, but will cover similar ideas as to S.R. #6. Hopefully the Galactic beings as a whole will also be more favorable to this bill.]

She paused again, letting her words sink in and exuding an aura of ease and confidence.

[Senators and beings of the Republic, as always my office is open to your concerns and my staff is waiting to answer questions you may have about this decision or the future bill. Please do not hesitate to voice your concerns, but I also ask for your patience and trust as we work together to make the galaxy a better place. Thank you, Chancellor Territha out.]

Cate stopped the transmission and complimented the Chancellor on her words.

[I sure hope it works Cate, we could be in for a big mess.]

[i]Chancellor's Office and Chambers[/i]

Territha was a bit worn out from the session but headed to her office where staff members had assembled datapads on her desk already for the next meeting of the Senate. A Chancellor's work was never done. Cate handed her a separate datapad that had messages on it in order of importance. She skimmed down the list of names, marking some and ignoring others for now. She touched upon one by her trusted party member Senator Jarath Natal of Nubia.

[i]?To: The Office of the Chancellor

I?ve carried water for this administration more than once in my brief time here. I?ve spent all my political capital helping to push through legislation for no other reason than the Party wanted it. I?d hope someone could return the favor, instead of hanging me out to dry. You might also consider, if I don?t survive this, how many vocal advocates the Conservatives will have left.

~Jarath? [/i]

The Wookiee wuffed out a laugh as she read his words. Jarath had indeed panicked as she thought he would, however she expected a new message from him shortly once he found out what she had don

4. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    IC - Tak Vedis
    Tak's apartment, the Works

Waking up with a sliver of drool hanging from the corner of his mouth, Tak widened his eyes to take in as much light as was possible. HL was standing before him, holding a datapad. "Statement: You missed your transport, Master. Observation: However, I trust you will want to see this. Comment: Though I am loathe to help those in need rather than crush them, I do know you are of the opinion the masses should be spared the blaster."

Having no idea what the droid was babbling about now, he simply accepted the datapad and looked it over. What he saw shocked and distressed him. The Chancellor was obviously on the take to oppose that last bill... whatever it was. He'd have to take a refresher course on the last couple of days before making any kind of response. However, he recovered well from drinking, which was fortunate. "Ok, HL, I want to call a press conference and then we'll take a later flight, or maybe the Ebon Hawk again."

As the droid went off to make arrangements, Tak tried to stand. It was difficult to say the least and there was an inordinate amount of fuzz in his mouth. The flask on the nightstand was inviting and he quickly downed a mouthful before slipping into the fresher.

Press conference

Clearing his throat, Tak stepped up to address the media. "I have recently heard about a veto from our glorious Chancellor. I have read the text of her speech and find it quite disturbing in places.

"Apparently, the good Chancellor believes if starving people are an inconvenience to some, they should simply be ignored. Handouts were not what this bill was about. Feeding starving babies because their parents are too poor to afford food while we in the Senate live in luxury is what this bill was about.

"Farmers have often received many favors from the government in the form of tax subsidies - that is, they pay less than normal people to somehow offset the imagined 'cost' of being farmers. Now, this may seem 'normal' and 'just' to my fellow honorable delegates, but maybe it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to the average person on the street. Farmers grow and/or raise livestock for food. Therefore, they have the potential for all the food they need to survive. Many in the galaxy do not have that luxury and yet farmers - and politicians, by the way - have much in the way of satisfying their basic needs.

"Ask yourselves, good people of the New Republic: do you have enough to eat? Farmers do. The rich always have everything they need. Ask yourselves: are you being cheated? The bulk of you listening to me do the tough work in the galaxy, the backbreaking, spirit crushing, teeth gnashing hard labor most of my honorable colleagues would cringe to think about having to do for themselves. Without you, the average people, the Republic would cease to exist. Yet, you are treated as livestock to be milked for all you're worth and assigned a number in the system - a system that treats you like a number, allocated a certain amount of resources until you no longer produce - then tossed aside.

"You deserve so much more consideration, but because some rich folk are inconvenienced by having to share their food with you, once more they wish to crush you beneath their heels by their own personal lackeys."

In truth, Tak was thinking very seriously about calling for a vote of 'No confidence' in the Chancellor, because if she could be influenced so completely by the seedier elements in the Republic and Senate, then she wasn't strong enough to hold such a respectable position and Tak didn't respect that kind of weakness. But he'd keep his peace on that for the moment.

"Don't you, the people, deserve to eat? These politicians here care little. They wish to debate and put up bill after bill and then take them away at a whim if they're deemed 'inconvenient'. It is a travesty that this bill was vetoed. The good Chancellor has promised another bill. I wonder how many people will starve to death waiting. And don't be surprised if this new 'bill'

5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    IC: Senator Jarath Natal of Nubia
    Senate Building

Jarath Natal stalked down the hall beside his companion from Coachelle, smiling outwardly and glowering inwardly. His hopes off success were falling behind him as quickly as the Senate Chamber, and he was going to meet with the spokesperson of giant rabbits. Maybe, by some stroke of luck, he?d followed the other down his hole and into a bizarre fantasy, where everything was warped beyond recognition. Treading the cold, austere hallways of the Senate, overdone in their distant invocations of majesty, he knew that this was reality. A rapidly growing bitterness was the thing anchoring him there. He zeroed in on this, paradoxically blunting his awareness of everything around him. Thus the initial words of the Chancellor?s address sounded like garbled white noise over the speakers, Donnoc?s comments met airy agreement, and even the echo of pounding feet got no rise out of him.

He was startled back to attention by the buzz of his earpiece. It was the call he?d been waiting some two days for, and whose purpose had changed a half dozen times in that interval. This time, though, he thought he knew what it was going to say.

Tapping on, he answered resignedly, ?Jarath.?

?Senator Natal,? came the surprisingly spry voice from the other end. ??Mr. Mheri. I?m at the Grand Palacio, just a few blocks away.? He?d missed part of that, turning up the volume to drown out the increasing din around him.

?Excellent, sir,? using a gracious, silky tone to stall for a few seconds. ?I am humbled by your visit, and eager to point out the significant groundwork we?ve laid for long term Nubian legislative.?

He stopped abruptly. It was too much. Someone was tearing down the hall towards him. The slap of dress shoes against marble tile was unmistakable. Sometimes life gave the impression everyone was out to get you. As if that wasn?t subtle enough, they started shrieking his name, shrilly. Curiosity trumping professionalism, he spun to see what the problem was. Then he saw the faces.

Thirty seconds later, breathless from dash to meet them and the hearty chuckle of relief that followed, he rasped into the earpiece, ?Sir, I?m sorry. Excuse me. I?m happy to report that?I?m due for a press conference?I have to??

?I know,? came the elderly, reassuring voice. ?Congratulations. I was calling to inform you my tailor and stylist are en route. You are a Senator of the Core Worlds. Make sure you look like it.?

[i]Press Conference, Senate Rotunda
    2.5 Hours Later[/i]

?I want to thank you all for joining me here today. I realize the current legislation session is winding down, and I?m sure our valiant pundit class would like to take their vacations as well.?

Jarath paused and smiled genially as a chuckle rippled through the room. The fit on his suit was truly magnificent. He continued:

?And, in all seriousness, isn?t it deserved? I?m sure you?ll all agree that was a particularly hot session. There?s certainly a lot to chew over. That?s why I wanted to make sure we kept the larger objective in mind. All of the political maneuvering, verbal ripostes, and theater are not for their own sake. Rather, they are tools we?ve been given to realize the betterment of the Galaxy. Sometimes, I think we forget that. As you?ve seen from some of the other media events held today, sometimes, people use hammers so long that everything starts to look like a nail. I certainly think we have to reject that sort of attitude, and turn away from any disappointment we might feel at our own personal losses, and keep our larger purpose in mind.

?It?s in that sense that I?d like to frame my response to the Chancellor?s latest move. It is not a victory for me, or for her, or for the Conservative Party. It is a victory for this Galaxy as a whole. Nor is it a victory because we are cold and heartless. It is a victory because we have the ingenuity, the resourcefulness, and the intelligence to recognize that there are many solutions to a given problem. What?s more, we have

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nava Kree
    Private Quarters

As Nava waited for Shawn to respond to her question her comlink beep. She looked down, and noticed she had two messages. She looked at who the senders were, and smiled.

Senator Tak. was one of them. The other was from - the Chancellor? She quickly keyed that one first.

It first showed the vote on the last bill.

[Senate Voting Session Closed
    Resolution: S.R. #6 - The Republic Food Sharing Program Creation Act

Yays: 7
    Nays: 2
    Abstains: 1]

And then Nava heard her speech.

[Senators and beings of the Republic. You may have heard that S.R. #6 The Republic Food Sharing Program Creation Act has passed, however I am vetoing this bill. The majority of the planets of the Republic will not benefit from this bill and the Senate is not here to hand people gifts they do not work for. This bill would cripple some worlds and the economic detriments are too great for me to ignore.]

She paused and steepled her large fingers in front of her.

[To the starving people of the Republic, we are not forgetting about you. I promise another bill will be around shortly that will address these concerns and I expect full support from the Senate on this bill. The new bill will be more economically feasible for all parties involved, but will cover similar ideas as to S.R. #6. Hopefully the Galactic beings as a whole will also be more favorable to this bill.]

She paused again.

[Senators and beings of the Republic, as always my office is open to your concerns and my staff is waiting to answer questions you may have about this decision or the future bill. Please do not hesitate to voice your concerns, but I also ask for your patience and trust as we work together to make the galaxy a better place. Thank you, Chancellor Territha out.]

Nava fairly chirped so queenly that Shawn's ears would definately protest, but she was angry. How dare the woman! IF she cared so much, she could have spoken during the discussion period. But no, she simply waited until all votes were cast, and then simply tried to nullify them. No where did she explain what the Force was so wrong about the bill. Except that it had won by overpowering odds. She quickly pinned a note to Pol, fumming as she wrote. Her planet WAS an Agri planet, and she was sure, that she could have the womans hologrid over-flooded with angry letters from her planet. Her people had liked the idea of the bill, so for their votes to get slapped down without a reason made Nava see red. With luck, the others on her planet, would also by alarmed at such actions, and would become VERY vocal about it.

She sent to message to Pol, and then she quickly opened the other message, to read its contents:

[Dear Friend,

I'm sorry I haven't been available recently. Not feeling myself. I hope you have a good trip back home, if that's where you intend to go. If you need anything, I will be back on Naboo for a time. You can always reach me.

Sincerely,
    Tak]

She hummed softly. It didnt quite sound like Tak, but he did say he was not feeling well. She quickly sent back a response.

[Senator Tak,

Please get better, my friend. I have come to miss your vocal battles within the Senate. Hopefully, my phantom pirate friends will stay away, while I tend to business. Take care, and plan to check in with you soon about other bills.

Nava.]

Nava turned off her communications console, and looked back at Shawn, one ear curled upwards as she waited for his reponse about checking out a possible contact.

TAG:Xan, GM
    hehe

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Senator Donnoc, Galactic Senate.

Walking down the internal corridor with the smiling and apparently cheerful senator from Nubia, Donnoc realised that he himself was a senator in name only.
    He had completely no clue what Jarath?s ideals were, or which way he was likely to have voted, and to a large extent which way many of his fellow colleagues would have.

He had come here today and done his duty, which was to vote the way Coachelle wanted. They hadn?t offered an opinion or a direction on many of the six resolutions during which he had presided.

Although the Nubian?s earpiece was muted, the lepi?s sensitive ears heard the buzz.

?Jarath.?

?Senator Natal, ??Mr. Mheri. I?m at the Grand Palacio, just a few blocks away.?

Donnoc knew he shouldn?t really be listening to this, but old habits died hard, and he?d only been one of the ?good guys? for two sessions. Some things took a while to overcome.

?Excellent, sir,? Jarath?s tone was as silky as one of Chaygte?s outfits! ?I am humbled by your visit-?

Donnoc was looking around for a bucket when he caught the sound of someone was tearing down the hall towards them.

Thirty seconds later, and-

?She did WHAT?!? Donnoc exclaimed to no-one in particular, his voice echoing in both directions down the austere hallway. ?Can she do that??

The Core World senator and his aide rushed away without even saying goodbye, leaving the lepi stunned. He was no fan of the Food Bill, to be sure, but once the votes were in, he'd thought that was it!

?Coachelle are not going to like this.?

Tag: any

8. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    IC: Senator Shea Ni

?How do you feel about going for a pint or two? Maybe dinner. My shout.?

Shea was surprised to find the Lepi asking him to join him for dinner. Ever since his arrival on Coruscant, Shea had little time for conversing with his fellow Senators. He knew that such things would greatly benefit him in the long run. Shea would probably need some connections within the Senate in the future, and this would be a great way to establish some, as Donnoc had invited Jarath to come along as well.

"I would be obliged," Shea answered the Lepi. He turned to Jarath and motioned for him to go ahead, "By your leave, Senator."

TAG: Sith-I-5, Jabba-wocky

OOC: When can we expect an updated list of the parties and their members?

9. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    OOC: I meant to have a follow-up post done today, but it didn't happen for various other reasons. So I'll have it up tomorrow. Bear with me!

10. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Senator Rade Kell of Druckenwell
    Apartment

"That," senator Rade Kell fumed, "wretched, interfering fleabag!" The former mercenary's outburst was swiftly followed by a long string of cursing. Just when he thought the bill had passed she had gone and shot it down! He'd managed to assist in arguing the Tapani trade route bill through, and this one would have been essential to building on what he'd already established. He briefly entertained the thought of assassinating her, but dismissed it, since she didn't appear much in public and there would be little impact from it. No, he would just have to play the game by their rules, for now. For a few minutes he plotted out his next course of action, until a thought crossed his mind and a smile his face. Yes, this will do quite nicely.

Plan in mind, he strode over to his HoloNet terminal and seated himself in front of it. He'd have to be sure to be anonymous for this, so he composed his message as a text, rather than the commonly-used recordings. It read: "Citizens of the New Republic, people of the galaxy. Just now, a terrible crime has taken place within the halls of the senate. Not a crime of law, but rather a crime of nature. A crime, I say, of refusing food to those who would be in need of it. The Republic Food Sharing Program has been vetoed by our Chancellor, for reasons only her own mind could possibly comprehend. After all, to the rest of us, does it not seem irrational? The senate had actually done some good for once and voted it through, and many of their worlds were in favor of this bill. Is it truly the place of the Chancellor to deny the people what they request, and our elected representatives what they decide? She claims a new bill will be coming, but from what little we've seen of her in the past, I know exactly how much trust I'd put in that. - A concerned consumer from a hungry planet."

Nodding to himself, Kell read it over again until he was sufficiently sure that it had all the marks of an angry and rather unreasonable individual from a planet outside the Core. Satisfied with his work, he transmitted it to his ship in the underlevels of Coruscant, from where it would be rerouted onto the HoloNet. He'd outfitted his ship with a number of forms of tracing blockers, false identification codes, and other sensor-confusing devices, so any attempt to trace it back to him would be just short of impossible. He'd programmed it so that copies would be sent to a large number of places that allowed for civilian input and commentary on decisions made by the senate. He knew that, while the more educated were unlikely to fall for it, the ignorant masses usually jumped on stuff like this. Regardless, information spread like wildfire over the HoloNet, so it'd make its way around fairly fast, and hopefully would set off others with similar opinions on her decision. Now, while his message would serve as a convenient irritant for the Chancellor and her minions, he would have to work on a more credible and dangerous threat...

TAG: Any who end up reading the message

11. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    OOC: Click on the graphs to see what is happening as some of the colored lines don't show up in the small pictures here and if you don't understand something please ask.

IC: Chancellor Territha
    Chancellor?s Office

It was the second day of her ?vacation? and already she was back at work. She had taken yesterday off, however, and not come into the office. Territha figured she might as well let all of the Senators have their reactions and complaints into her office so she could address them all at once. Her staff, however, had been hard at work yesterday running analysis, making charts, constructing graphs and all that sort in order to have the necessary tools to create a new bill, one that would actually work. Her staff had been as perplexed as she was that given the intelligence reports on S.R. #6 that it had passed by such a large margin in the Senate. Luckily, the Chancellor was able to fix the mistake and now tasked with creating a bill that would work and not destroy the Agriculture planets. The wookiee sat at her desk while aides milled about setting up all the information they had collected over the past day and a half.

Their presentation began by repeating the intelligence reports and analysis of the downfalls from the last bill. An aide flipped up the first graph and started speaking,

[image=http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k87/s65horsey/CurrentMarket.jpg]

?So here is where the market it currently at, balanced, what is being supplied it being consumed. We need to create a surplus, something the last bill did not take into account. The farmers can and will produce more food if it is profitable for them, however, farming is not a money making business and they struggle to break even. So taking away food from them is going to put more farmers out of production and that will make the problem worse, not better.?

The Chancellor nodded in agreement. She had studied many forms of policy and Agriculture policy always fascinated her. She waved a hand for the aide to continue.

?We assume there was an incorrect analysis done that if farmers produce more it creates a surplus, but as you can see here,? one of the other aides flipped to a new graphs to which the first aide pointed to the red lines on the graph, ?The supply increase lowers prices for the farmers and the consumers, but does not in fact create a surplus. So a supply increase in that sense is not going to help the population either as the people who really need this food still will not be able to afford it. However if we can keep the price where it is currently for the consumers, but give the farmers a little extra to encourage more production then we can achieve a surplus.? She finished by pointing to the blue lines on the graph.

[image=http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k87/s65horsey/supplyincrease.jpg]

The first aide stepped aside as her part of the presentation was done and another aide stepped forward. Wearing blue robes, he flipped to yet a third graph and began speaking.

[image=http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k87/s65horsey/surpluscorrect.jpg]

?So on this third graph we?re showing what would happen. The Republic has funds to cover the costs of the bill. The consumers still pay the lower price where equilibrium would be at, so it does not impact the market price which is good for the citizens of the Republic that will not be getting food out of this bill. However, the farmers are encouraged to supply more at the greater price, increasing the quantity supplied which creates a surplus. The cost to the government is denoted by box ABQeQs, and according to our analysts the numbers fall within the budget for welfare programs.?

The aide paused so the Chancellor interjected with Cate translating as ever.

[So you are saying that we can then use this entire surplus to feed the starving people of the new republic?]

?Essentially, yes as the surplus will be ours to do with as we see fit.? The aide replied. ?The market demand is not being impacted by our efforts so the consumers can still have reasonably p

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Vice Chancellor Traer Lin

Having detached himself from the general wave of minutiae of the Senate over the past month to reattach to his son Aden - and avoid the other Senators whom he argued with - when Traer finally - after getting through the waves of paper work over the Tapani hyperlane - managed to settle down and reply to that letter he'd received perhaps four months ago he was stymied.

As Traer sat down, he considered that his son, undoubtedly, wouldn't notice. Traer, when he had been a teen, hadn't wanted his parents around anyway, and undoubtedly Aden would be flouting every law and convention as to sex, drugs and alcohol anyway. Traer had long made clear to his son that he wouldn't help him through such things, and he was on his own in them. It was character building, being on your own and fighting you own battles.

But the Vice Chancellor wanted to send him something, to at least get his opinion on the trade. Flipping on the HoloNet in the background, he set his terminal to pick up the most recent tidbits and then heard a diatribe and a half being read out by a Net droid.

"Citizens of the New Republic, people of the galaxy. Just now, a terrible crime has taken place within the halls of the senate. Not a crime of law, but rather a crime of nature. A crime, I say, of refusing food to those who would be in need of it. The Republic Food Sharing Program has been vetoed by our Chancellor, for reasons only her own mind could possibly comprehend. After all, to the rest of us, does it not seem irrational? The senate had actually done some good for once and voted it through, and many of their worlds were in favor of this bill. Is it truly the place of the Chancellor to deny the people what they request, and our elected representatives what they decide? She claims a new bill will be coming, but from what little we've seen of her in the past, I know exactly how much trust I'd put in that. - A concerned consumer from a hungry planet."

Traer actually swore.

He hadn't commented on the veto of the food bill simply because anything he said on the matter would be taken as more heavy handed-ness from a Core world. Well, Tallaan pretended to be a Core world when it suited it, anyway. Either way, Traer knew that this would undoubtedly have come from some Senator - it was the sort of thing he'd do - and immediately ordered Republic Intelligence to find the crony. If it wasn't, he'd approach Territha about this and they'd actually work around it.

He knew, himself, that 70% of the galaxy disliked this Bill - he had received numerous reports as the Chancellor's second on this - and that any opposition was either going to be incredibly loud minority voices or Senator's stirring. The Chancellor's first veto, and he needed to intervene.

Snapping shut his datapad on another half-finished message to Aden, he clipped on his cloak and called a taxi. In the two minutes he had to wait, he shot off a message to his good friend and ally Senator Rade Kell of Druckenwell.

"Senator Kell.

Apologies for my departure from the Senate, some Senators made a wave of protests through their pawns and kept me busy. Meet me at Ximino's as soon as possible, if you can. I imagine someone has done the same to the Chancellor and I believe it is a good consideration to discuss who. I imagine that it'll be a problem in the future.

Your friend and ally,
    Vice Chancellor Lin."

After he sent it off, he had a moment of dissonance in the taxi over his tone, which had dimissed the ninety thousand, three hundred and seventy four messages from concerned citizens as 'pawns'. Evidentally his stay away from the Senate hadn't done him any good - he was increasingly being drawn into viewing constituents as levers and tools rather than people. And so, rather than considering that the founder of the Bill may have had a problem with the Chancellor vetoing it, he vowed to do the one thing he knew he could to become human again.

He'd call his son.

Later.

But, for now, a m

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nava Kree
    Private Quarters

As Nava tapped out another small message to Xagobah about the current status of things within the status, Nava received another message. Both of Nava's ears went up. Obviously, current actions were not being taken well. As she read her message, her ears curved slightly. Nava looked over at Shawn.

"Well, looks like we've been invited to dinner. I guess we can deal with that, after I speak to this informant. Nava sent Pol another message, informing him of what had happened so far, and she hummed softly. She then moved back into her quarters to change into something more fitting for the underground. She would take a change of clothing for the meeting to come.

Pulling her ears back, she put a cap on her head, and put on her goggles. She grabbed her hold out blaster, and strapped it to her thigh, under the suit she was wearing. She had a slit, where she could reach it quickly if needed. She then looked over at Shawn.

"You coming, yes?"

TAG:Xan, ANYONE ELSE

we're going slumming...

14. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM?s Check List

1.) Updated Public Relations figures for the latest round of votings AND for a overarching two session review
    4.) Updated polling data for your people and what they think about the new resolutions.
    6.) Small "State of the Galaxy" post giving any long-term trends or impacts associated with the laws.
    7.) Title change to show this game is going to be open to new players through the month of May (X)
    8.) New GMs will be installed for parties without them.
    ----- (If you are interested, let me know)
    10.) A list of active senators will be compiled (X)

[b][color=red][u]Active Senators - 5/2/08[/u][/color][/b]

[i]Active in the last week (Posts at or after 4/28)[/i]
    [b]Sinrebirth[/b] as Vice Chancellor Traer Lin - Talaan (C)
    [b]s65horsey[/b] as Chancellor Territha - Kashyyyk (C)
    [b]The_Loyal_Imperial[/b] as Senator Rade Kell - Druckenwell (C)
    [b]Jango10[/b] as Senator Shea Ni - Kamino (C)
    [b]Sith-I-5[/b] as Senators Donnoc and Chaygte - Coachelle (L)
    [b]Ktala[/b] as Senator Nava Kree - Xagobah (L)
    [b]Jabba-Wocky[/b] as Senator Jarath Natal - Nubia (C)
    [b]BrentusofGath[/b] as Senator Tak Vedis - Naboo (M)
    [b]Mister_Master[/b] as Senator Torco Bastra - Bellassa (M)
    [b]Yuul_Shamar[/b] as Senator Azervado Renning - Anaxes (M)
    [b]Squishy_Vic[/b] as Senator Desric Travar Ardinn III - Bestine IV (C)

[i]Active in the last two weeks (Posts at or after 4/21)[/i]
    [b]DarthXan318[/b] as Mister Shawn Ventar

[i]Active in the last three weeks (Posts at or after 4/14)[/i]
    [b]Chukles38[/b] as Senator Tarim Kundar - Onderon (C)
    [b]darth_nemisis[/b] as Senator Will Pitt - Chandrila (L)

[i]Active in the last month (Posts at or after 4/5)[/i]
    [b]LordPullus[/b] as Senator Li Tol Rastor - Munnilisnt (L)

[hr]
    [u][i]Inactive But Not Forgotten[/i][/u]

[i]Active in the last five weeks (Posts at or after 3/31)[/i]
    HanSolo29 as Miss Arrmyn Duurgh

[i]Active in the last eight weeks (Posts at or after 3/10)[/i]
    GrandAdmiralJello as Senator Summus Valorum III - Coruscant (-)
    Nicklityouaflame as Senator Boron Korush - Brentaal IV (L)

[i]Active in the last nine weeks (Posts at or after 3/3)[/i]
    Saintheart as Chief Justice Denningas Blackstone

And anything after that is so inactive, its not worth the effort. :p

If any of these party affiliations are wrong or outdated, let me know and I will edit this post.

And now, for the updated balance of power. All Users posting within the last month will be considered legitimate members of this game. Therefore, the Balance of Power stands atttt:

[b][u]14 Senators Active[/u][/b]

CONSERVATIVE PARTY : 7 Senators
    LIBERAL PARTY: 4 Senators
    MINIMALIST PARTY: 3 Senators

Because of this, Sen. Zaller will now become Majority leader, and I'll be deciding the order in which the bills will be debated and decided.

And there you go. The first fyi for the off-season. :)

-I_H

15. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    OOC: Pre-approved by the I_H man himself, liberals, meet your new party leader.

Name: Ashil Furn
    Species: human

Appearance: Tall and leggy, Ashil isn't what you'd call attractive in a traditional sense, but as her nine former husbands can attest, there's something about Ashil.

Personality: Ashil is nice to her followers, but can be ruthless as well if she thinks she's being disrespected. Her people back home matter greatly to her, but she wouldn't hesitate to go against their wishes if she thought it was for the greater good.

Schooling: Corellian business school - first in her class.

Bio: Ashil started in local government after running a successful company for eight years. She thought it was wrong that those at the top of corporations should have it all while those below them labored for little. In local politics, she quickly gained a loyal following of labor unions, becoming quite powerful.

However, no one was as surprised as she when the current Senator was forced to step down due to illness and SHE was recommended to represent her people. She was appointed to take over the rest of the Senate term, to go up for election at the normal time.

She is still in shock, not only to find out she would be traveling to Coruscant, but also that she would be her party's leader!

Politics
    Representative For: Corellia
    Party: Galactic People's Party (liberal)
    Personal Platform: Wants to increase pressure on businesses, increase welfare for the poor and put more restrictions on private companies.

[b]IC - Ashil Furn[/b]

Newly selected Senator Furn sat back in her comfortable chair - her new chair. The rapid departure of her predecessor had thrust this enviable position on her and she was determined to milk it for all it was worth, while at the same time, help those in need; so long as it didn't interfere with her own quest for power.

The current session was over, but that wouldn't stop her from making herself known to the others in her party. Typing on her datapad, she wrote out a quick note to the Galactic People's Party.

[blockquote]Dear Friends,

I notice our party has slumped in power recently. As your new leader I will entertain ideas on how to bring our influence back to tolerable levels within the Senate.

Also, I have found it disturbing lately that some of us seem to have taken a place in line behind this upstart party, the Minimalists. This must stop. I understand that sometimes our two parties [i]may[/i] agree on some bills, but to me it seems as though we are actually [i]supporting[/i] the MPs in some ways. This must end; we are not here as an addition to Senator Vedis's retinue.

Work with them on bills if you must and it is in the best interests of the New Republic, but you will not be seen to befriend these upstarts. We are the Galactic People's Party and we are not out to play second to any party or ideals other than those of our constituents.

Regards,
    Senator Furn of Corellia[/blockquote]

A separate, certain Senator was also on her mind - one who seemed a bit more in tune with the opposing party, so she sent a message separately.

[blockquote]Senator Kree,

At your earliest convenience, I would like to meet with you. I realize this is off session and you are likely to return to Xagobah for a time, but when you are back on Coruscant, I would like to speak with you.

Senator Furn of Corellia[/blockquote]

Finally, a thought crossed her mind. While she didn't like it, the conservatives could be helpful in lowering the influence of the Minimalists. If she could ingratiate herself to the Chancellor, she might have a powerful ally - at least against the MPs - the sweep the opposition's sway from the Senate.

[blockquote]Dear Honorable Chancellor,

I send you cordial greetings Chancellor. I am Ashil Furn, the new leader of the Galactic People's Party.

I will be heading to Coruscant soon to organize my office in anticipation of the next session and I would very much appreciate it if I could meet with you. I wish to ex

16. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: I should add that I still watch this thread consistently, but nobody's done anything recently to draw the ire of the Chief Justice ... yet. Needless to say I remain open for consultation, and indeed to intervene in breaches of the Republic Constitution.

17. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Yeah yeah...

IC: Shawn Ventar

Coruscant

Slumming ... Shawn rolled his eyes, but went to change out of his uniform. Nava might be a Senator, but you wouldn't know it from her choice of friends - he suspected her network of contacts rivalled his own, if not surpassed.

"You coming, yes?" Nava called from the main room.

"Naturally." Shawn slid a vibroblade up his sleeve and went out to join her. She was dressed, as he was, in something more suited to a run-of-the-mill private citizen than someone who worked in the Senate. They made their way to the nondescript speeder that they'd acquired for trips like these. Shawn was characteristically quiet, but this time he was thinking about the Chancellor's speech - as unlikely as it was for him to take an interest in politics, that speech had caused quite a stir.

"Can she do that?" Shawn asked after a few moments, referring to, of course, how Territha had vetoed the bill.

TAG: Ktalaz

18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Senator Donnoc, internal corridor, Galactic Senate.

"I would be obliged," The tall Kaminoan answered the Lepi eventually. As much as he could think about the earlier invitation with what was going on, Donnoc guessed time flowed slower at that altitude. Shea Ni turned to Jarath and motioned for him to go ahead, "By your leave, Senator."

Distracted, Donnoc glanced up at Ni. ?Yeah sure, come along, then? Have you tried Ximino?s, yet? Very popular with senators, as I understand.?

bee-doo, bee-doo

Donnoc grabbed at the datapad hidden in his light-weight robes of office, and opened it to see that the Vice Chancellor, Lin Traer, had sent him a private message, inviting him to a face-to-face at the same establishment.
    He guessed that was a testament to just how popular the place was with the Senate!

Walking along with Ni, and trusting his other senses to guide him down the left-curving hallway while he gazed at the ?pad, he tapped a message back to Traer:

Vice Chancellor,

Thank you for the invite. I have a prior engagement, this evening, with Senator Ni.

Coincidentally, it is also at Ximino?s, so if you don?t mind him/her/it sitting in, then I would be pleased to oblige.

Senator Donnoc

He sent that on its way, and had just stowed the flat communications device when it bee-doo?d again.

?Looks like I picked the wrong day to give Gwen the evening off,? he muttered under his breath as he got the device back out, forced to renegotiate the action to avoid it tearing the lining in his pocket.

Mm. This time it seemed to be from some Corellian fem?:

Dear Friends,

I notice our party has slumped in power recently. As your new leader I will entertain ideas on how to bring our influence back to tolerable levels within the Senate.

Also, I have found it disturbing lately that some of us seem to have taken a place in line behind this upstart party, the Minimalists. This must stop. I understand that sometimes our two parties may agree on some bills, but to me it seems as though we are actually supporting the MPs in some ways. This must end; we are not here as an addition to Senator Vedis's retinue.

Work with them on bills if you must and it is in the best interests of the New Republic, but you will not be seen to befriend these upstarts. We are the Galactic People's Party and we are not out to play second to any party or ideals other than those of our constituents.

Regards,
    Senator Furn of Corellia

Furn? Corellia? Donnoc furrowed his eyebrows, wondering if Vedis had jumped on the Donnoc and Chaygte bandwagon, and hired himself a running mate.

He decided to keep the message; he could refer to it whenever he needed to remember which party he belonged to.

As to ?ideas on how to bring our influence back to tolerable levels within the Senate,? he was about to respond she should consider turning up to work in a Princess Leia slave-girl outfit, when he walked into a wall and dropped the datapad.

Tag: Shea Ni, Lin Traer

19. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: As you may or may not have put together by now, BrentusofGath will be my new co-GM, replacing MASTERPRENN since he has been swallowed up by his newfound Modly duties. He will be playing the heads of both the Liberal and Minimalist parties, whereas I'll continue with the conservatives. That setup will make us even with seven players a head.

A big =D= to Masterprenn for his work in this game, and...

A big =D= to Brentus for standing up to take the co-GM position...

Hopefully this new delegation to allow me to be a little more active in this game at the player level, versus the system administrator. :)

Look for new domestic approval ratings maybe tonight, if not, then probably by Friday. I'll be adding in not only your new votes, but also bonuses/penalties for towing (or not) the party line, being actively (or not) voting, being well spoken (or not), targeting your constituency (or not), and any other things I can think of. ;)

The Polling Agencies are almost finished! And your ratings will be getting a pretty big jump for some characters.

-I_H

20. Lauren_Solo

Lauren_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    OOC: Approved by Brentus and I_H. Thanks gentlemen!

Name: Sha?no Ryn

Species: Twilek

Appearance: Sha?no stands 1.5 meters tall, blue skinned with a long, proud lekku. Shapely, like most Twileks, she has high cheekbones, full ruby lips, and a hip to waist ratio that made her a very popular dancer.
    Personality: Bubbly and outgoing, her surface appearance hides a deep intelligence. Used to using her looks to gain advantage, Sha?no knows what to do with the advantages she gains.

Schooling: High school and 4 years at political science university

Bio: Sha?no put herself through political science school on the money she made as a dancer. She was so desired by the wealthy elite to dance for them (due to her well conditioned form) that she made more money than most Twileks. She was raised in a ghetto on her homeworld and wants to help the underprivileged. At the age of 24, Sha?no was elected to the planetary government, shocking her rivals by her stance with the poor. After that, she set her sights on the Republic Senate, four years later, where she beat out her two male rivals. It was something never before done on her planet.

Politics
    Representative For: Corulag
    Party: Minimalist
    Personal Platform: Coming from the poor side of town, Sha?no can?t understand why the rich and powerful don?t care about the places like where she came from. She wants to put those rich kriffers in their places, but knows that will be difficult without support.

IC - Sha'no Ryn
    Corulag

Sha'no stepped from the Capitol building a new woman. It had been a hard struggle to get where she was. A Twi'lek on a planet full of humans did not have an easy time, and she'd had to take many risks. Some didn't go so well but most paid off nicely.

Because of this disadvantage, Sha'no knew she'd have to work toward the advantage of the poor and this was why she was thrilled when some of the galactic Senators formed the Minimalist Party. It was exactly what she had been looking for.

The current session was over, so there wasn't much sense in travelling to Coruscant, but Sha'no did want to write to leader of the party, just to make sure he was alright with her joining.

[b]Dear Senator Vedis,

This is the new Senator from Corulag, Sha'no Ryn. I would like to know if I can officially join your Minimalist Party. That was part of my election platform and the people really seemed to appreciate it. As you may know, Corulag has seen better days and our people would very much like to be a part of something new.

I hope this note finds you well,
    Senator Ryn of Corulag[/b]

With that done, there was little else for the time being, except to get to Coruscant and see her new office and the Senate chamber.

[b]Tag: Brentus[/b]

21. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    IC:Li Tol Rastor
    Private Office, Corucant

Inactive was something that the Munn society did not tolerate of any of it's citizenry, yet Li had voluntarily drawn the ire of his people in hopes that he would be able to sift through the countless amounts of political garbage to see exactly who was what and where they would best suit his goals. His voice usually one of vigor, and constant presences within the great arena of statesmen was no where to be found in the last session, and now with a new party head Li was more then in agreement that it was a ripe time for reassertment. Vedis with his passionate bunch had made major head way, and as Li stood in the confines of his office his mind was working through various plans that would off set the Nabooian senator's momentimum.

"When you give very little, and receive everything in return then do you finalize realize true destiny", Li mused to himself as he sent a voice command to his communications console dialing up the frequency to the new Liberal party leader.

"Senator if you are not to busy I have a bottle of fine Correlian brandy that was delivered, and am looking for someone who might appreciate it's contents to share it with", he spoke as soon as the transmission allowed him to noting that a relaxed setting would be both soothing, and highly informative if he's fellow senator should choose to accept his invitation.

Tags:BrentofGath

22. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Torco Bastra
    500 Republica

It was late, the room was dark except for the light from the data-pad on Torco's lap. Torco was sitting on the couch in his living room, he was typing out a message.

I am throwing a party to celebrate the
    Anniversary of the removal of the Imperials
    from Bellassa, and I would like to invite you
    to join me in celebration.

May the Force be with you.
    Senator Bastra.

Before going to bed Torco wrote one more message.

I have recently noticed that Vedis has
    been acting a little strange. And I would
    Like to make an inquiry. Is he alright?
    I am concerned about your Master.

Senator Bastra

Torco sent off the two messages and went to bed.

Tag: Brentus, Senators, anyone.

23. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    IC - Tak Vedis
    Naboo, various

Upon landing in Theed, Tak was introduced to the newly elected Queen Maeti. She expressed her pleasure at his performance in the Senate and urged him to continue in what he was doing despite some recent setbacks. It was her opinion that the people were warming to the idea of the Minimalist Party and what it stood for.

He presented his report to her as well as a gift from Coruscant as was tradition in the old days and they had a short informal chat on the state of Naboo before he took his leave.

It was off to find a liquor store for HL to visit.

Filling his belly with some more warming liquid, instead of going to his apartment, he travelled to the poor outlying district where his soup kitchen was located. His old friend Charis had recovered from her injuries and was back at work, feeding the homeless and desperate. "Tak!" she screeched, rushing into his arms. "Ew," she said, taking a step back, rubbing her nose. "Have you been drinking again? You reek of cheap booze."

"I object," he informed her, not even slurring his speech in the slightest, "it was expensive stuff."

Charis simply returned behind the counter and continued spooning out portions to the waiting hungry. Tak went into the back, HL in tow. Before he could get down to work apportioning out more credits from his personal accounts for the day to day operations of the dozen shelters he had across Naboo, his datapad bleeped. Business, always business from that blasted senate. There were several messages waiting for him. The first was from Nava wishing him well. She was a good kid - he'd possibly confide in her about his work and ask if Xagobah had need of shelters for the hungry. In the near future, not now.

The next one was from one of the Chancellor's aides. Tak hrumphed as he read it. She came through quicker than he thought, but it was pure bilge from the agri-business suits and had no substance except to make those same suits richer. Yeah, the price of food might drop slightly under this system, but then more people would simply buy more and thus the suits would make more money - and yet there wouldn't be very much in the way of free produce for those truly in need. It had form, and for that much, he gave her credit, but it had no substance which was typical of agri-business types.

Scribbling out a reply, Tak imbibed deeply from his flask.

Dear Chancellor,

While I give you credit for being swift in your proposition, I see that this bill truly lacks any kind of muscle to really get food into the mouths of those who truly need it. This bill will make the agri-business people more wealthy than they are by making more food more accessible to the masses who can afford to buy it, thus generating extra wealth for the businesses, but I don't see how the destitute, jobless and homeless will benefit in the slightest.

However, it is a fair start, which I again give you credit for. Would you be so kind as to direct your proposed bill in its specifics to me so that I may offer ideas for changes?

Thank you for your time,
    Sen. Tak
    Naboo

The next bit of mail was from a new Senator. Sha'no Ryn was a dancer, if he recalled correctly from the last time he'd been on Corulag. And a damn fine one at that. He'd slipped a few credits into her - um, accounts. He hoped she'd remember.

Dear Senator Vedis,

This is the new Senator from Corulag, Sha'no Ryn. I would like to know if I can officially join your Minimalist Party. That was part of my election platform and the people really seemed to appreciate it. As you may know, Corulag has seen better days and our people would very much like to be a part of something new.

I hope this note finds you well,
    Senator Ryn of Corulag

Typing out his reply, he was just woozy enough to almost suggest she wear something skimpy to their first meeting, but sober enough not to actually do it.

Senator Ryn,

I think you may find life difficult in the Minimalist Party. Many Sen

24. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM?s Check List

1.) Updated Public Relations figures for the latest round of votings AND for a overarching two session review (X)
    7.) Title change to show this game is going to be open to new players through the month of May (X)
    8.) New GMs will be installed for parties without them. (X) - In Progress
    10.) A list of active senators will be compiled (X)

GM's OOC: PR Figures are in the inboxes of the Conservative Members. :)

-I_H

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nava Kree
    Private Quarters

Pulling her ears back, Nava put a cap on her head, and put on her goggles. She grabbed her hold out blaster, and strapped it to her thigh, under the suit she was wearing. She had a slit, where she could reach it quickly if needed. She then looked over at Shawn.

"You coming, yes?" she asked Shawn. As she put up some of her other equipment, another message came in. Frowning slightly, she walked over to her console, and looked at who was sending it. Shawn meanwhile, rolled his eyes, but went to change out of his uniform.

["Senator Furn of Corellia]

Nava tilted her head, as she made a face, her eyebrow shot upwards. 'Senator Furn?' It was not a name she recognized at first. Then it came to her. She had read something about a change of leadership within the Galactic people's party.. She keyed that message up, and re-read it.

[Galactic People's Party.

Dear Friends,

Also, I have found it disturbing lately that some of us seem to have taken a place in line behind this upstart party, the Minimalists. This must stop. I understand that sometimes our two parties may agree on some bills, but to me it seems as though we are actually supporting the MPs in some ways. This must end; we are not here as an addition to Senator Vedis's retinue.

Regards,
    Senator Furn of Corellia]

AHA!. So that is where she had heard the name. Sounded like she was attempting some form of last minute roundup. She opened up the new letter from the woman, that was addressed to her directly.

[Senator Kree,

At your earliest convenience, I would like to meet with you. I realize this is off session and you are likely to return to Xagobah for a time, but when you are back on Coruscant, I would like to speak with you.

Senator Furn of Corellia]

Well, not exactally a friendly sounding letter, but not really alluding to too much of anything.

Amazing. She was now getting letters from folks she would have loved to have spoken to earlier. Now, she was far too busy, and had to take care of other business at hand.

"Naturally." Shawn had replied from afar, while she quessed he was getting changed as well. A few moments later, he stepped back out, wearing something a bit more plain. They made their way to the nondescript speeder that they'd acquired for trips like these. Shawn was quiet, but then he suddenly spoke up.

"Can she do that?" Shawn asked after a few moments, referring to, of course, how Territha had vetoed the bill.

Nava didnt look towards Shawn, but she growled softly. "Chief Justice man not say anything. So maybe she can. But it still wrong. We voted, she not like it. Nothing said during debate. If she can simply do that, then why bother. We speak for our people, and she slaps us down. I sent word to Xagobah."

Nava turned, and gave Shawn a wink.

"I think her vidbox, be full of much mail, yes? My people not take being ignored lightly. None of Agri planets will."

As they neared the speeder, Nava handed Shawn a datapad. "This were we going. Is place in the Dead Zone. These are coordinates. Contact named Bendar. Him like to keep things... private, we say, between contacts. If anyone know something, he will. But, we be out of contact for few, while there. No signals get through that place. So we on our own. Bendar I trust. He go back - podracing days. Has nose for things..." Nava laughed softly, and then her face became serious. "Just not some things we pass, to get there..."

Nava tilted her head.

Nava climbed in, Shawn joining her. Together, they hea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.