main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Galactic Senate RPG - [August] *In Session*

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Your bills for the next term...

1.) Updated Public Relations figures for the latest round of votings AND for a overarching two session review (X)
    2.) The issues for the next period will be posted here in the thread (X)
    3.) New Republic Intelligence Data on these resolutions to be posted
    4.) Updated polling data for your people and what they think about the new resolutions.
    5.) Party stances for the bills will be posted
    6.) Small "State of the Galaxy" post giving any long-term trends or impacts associated with the laws.
    7.) Title change to show this game is going to be open to new players through the month of May (X)
    8.) New GMs will be installed for parties without them. (X) - In Progress
    9.) The Rules Expansion Pack will be loaded and integrated into the story
    10.) A list of active senators will be compiled (X)

[b][u]Senate Resolution #7[/u][/b]
    [b]
    Bill Title:[/b] Extradition of Gorgos Olian

[b]Author:[/b] Senator Tak Vedis

[b]Co-Author:[/b] Senator Nava Kree

[b]Contents:[/b] The former governor of Bakura, Gorgos Olian, should be tried in the New Republic. His corruption trial will be influenced on Bakura by many of his political appointees, many of whom - it is alleged - were given substantial bribes, by the former governor.

The sovereign system of Naboo does not believe Olian can receive a fair, unbiased trail on his homeworld, therefore we call upon the Senate to enact a resolution to bring him to Coruscant to stand trial.

[b]Funding:[/b] Funding for the transfer to Coruscant of the accused will be paid by the personal account of the Author of this bill, Senator Tak Vedis.

[b]Enforcement:[/b] If the sovereign government of Bakura resists, it will be the position of the Senate that a trade blockade should be enacted to force a peaceful resolution.

[b]Implimentation:[/b] This resolution would take effect immediately.

[hr]
    [b][u]Senate Resolution #8[/u][/b]

[b]Bill Title:[/b] Food Security Initiative

[b]Author:[/b] Senator Jarath Natal of Nubia

[b]Co-Author:[/b] Chancellor Territhia of Kashyyk

[b]Contents:[/b] This bill proposes the use of governmental purchasing power to affect a food surplus via manipulation of market forces. Farmers will be offered a special government price to produce staple crops that is fully disarticulated from normal market prices. By thus increasing the profitability, increased production will be encouraged without causing long term disturbances in food prices for the average consumer.

Food purchased by the government under this initiative will be re-directed to the general populace. Pre-existing food aid and distribution programs will receive 60% of the purchased food. The remaining 40% will be converted into non-perishable form and reserved for use in disaster relief efforts.

[b]Funding:[/b] Funded by restructuring existing budgets of the welfare programs and the Ministry of Agriculture. Any shortfall will be covered by deficit spending.

[b]Implementation:[/b] The unit price of the governmental purchases described above, while always higher than market, will be set on a yearly basis, dependent on the projected size of surplus needed. Food set aside for ?disaster relief? is to be released at the direction of existing disaster relief agencies within the government, and only then in regions officially declared disaster areas, and only lasting the duration of the declared disaster status. This legislation defers to departmental definitions from disaster relief agencies re: the term ?declared disaster area.?

[hr]
    [b][u]Senate Resolution #9[/u][/b]

[b]Bill Title:[/b] Health Advancement & Promotion Bill

[b]Author:[/b] Senator Jarath Natal of Nubia

[b]Co-Author:[/b] Senator Veygor Zaller of Kuat
    [b]
    Contents:[/b] To ensure continued advancements in medical knowledge and public health, this bill proposes a series of supply-side incentives to c

2. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    GM's OOC: Good to see the next three bills posted. All liberal and minimalist players should take a look at this post to find their party's respective stance on each bill.

Galactic People's Party (liberal party, Sith-I-5, TheManinBlack, LordPullus, Ktala) stances on the current bills

Senate Resolution #7 Extradition of Gorgos Olian

We in the GPP are not opposed to this resolution, so long as it is in the best interest of your people back home.

Senate Resolution #8 Food Security Initiative

The GPP is entirely for this bill, despite the idea that corporations will benefit from the profit generated by the extra sales of food. The point is that the poor will also benefit from this program.

Senate Resolution #9 Health Advancement & Promotion Bill

We do not support such a measure in the GPP due to the debt spending this would bring the New Republic into. We also have serious doubts as to whether this would actually benefit the people.

Minimalist Party (Yuul_Shamar, Mister_Master, Lauren_Solo) stance on current bills

Senate Resolution #7 Extradition of Gorgos Olian

We in the Minimalist Party are strongly in support of this bill. Gorgos Olian is criminal who is attempting to hide behind diplomatic credentials to escape punishment for his years of oppression of his people.

Senate Resolution #8 Food Security Initiative

The Minimalist Party is strongly opposed to such a scheme because it attempts to manipulate market prices to stimulate the already fortunate while being of absolutely no benefit to the poor, for whom this bill's predecessor was designed to help. This is a clear attempt at manipulating the galaxy's poor into a plan that does not benefit them and instead generates profits solely for those who already have enough.

Senate Resolution #9 Health Advancement & Promotion Bill

The Minimalist Party strongly opposes such a measure. Any such corporation may apply to have a product under development filed as a "special project" undertaken as a joint-venture with the government. This provision allows too much leeway for private corporations to run rampant around the rights of Republic citizens. For instance: in the pursuit of profit, a corporation may seek special privilege under the "special project" provision of this bill, regardless of its safety factor for the public. We therefore cannot testify to this bill's effectiveness when it could potentially endanger the public.

3. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    IC - Tak Vedis
    spacestation

Tak was greeted with a slow laugh. It was from the being sitting on the floor. It yanked back its hair, and then staired at Tak. "Yer not taking anything from them. Would be bad form, and I'd have to order them to hurt you. Would hate to do that." Slow, the being straightened itself, and gave a leer.

"But, as for pirates....what do you wanna know?" he/she asked as it walked over towards the bar, and poured itself a drink. Everyone else had eyes glued to the beam of light, but the 'big bertha' didnt look worried at all, as it sat down at the bar, and slugged down a drink, then turned and looked towards Tak for a response.

Still somewhat hunched over, Tak adjusted his clothing and raised an eyebrow, slowly scanning the room to find out what the joke was. After a moment passed in silence, he finally extinguished the blade and carefully put the hilt back up his sleeve. Don't ask why they're all of a sudden being cooperative in such an eerie way, the little voice in his head told him.

"Uh yeah," he said aloud. "Well, first of all," he threw a cred chip down and swallowed a drink of his own, "there's this group of blood pirates that for some reason or another is after a colleague in the Senate. Seems I got this message from her assistant that he's under attack but I didn't get any coordinates and was wondering if I could, you know, maybe find out where they were?" He reached into his pocket slowly and came out with his datapad. "I have a modest sum of credits for the account of someone who can give me accurate information, keeping in mind of course that I'm not a Jedi and therefore you won't get any of that peace garbage - I'll come back here in a pretty foul mood if someone tries to play me false."

Hopefully they wouldn't test whether he was bluffing or not - he wasn't - and either give him good information or nothing at all.

Tag: Ktala

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Senator Donnoc

Upon receiving the Hutt?s message on his ?pad, Donnoc told his Kaminoan companion to go ahead and order something, got up from the table, which automatically moved back for him, and made his way across to the large, slug-like senator sitting across in the main area of the restaurant, pausing to skip daintily over the Hutt?s slime trail.

?Nuro the Hutt?? He greeted formally, standing behind one of the chairs opposite the new and really quite corpulent senator. ?Or, ?Nuro? anyway, cos I?m really quite confident the last bit.?

He inclined his head in greeting, his large rabbit ears dropping over his eyes for a moment.

?The Vice Chancellor stood me up, so I?m free to talk. How are things on Nar Shadaa??

Tag: Nuro the Hutt, Shea Ni

5. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Nuro the Hutt
    Ximinos

Looked down at the friendly humanoid before him. It was a shame that none of the other senator had manged to respond to his message yet, but that was fine. He was meerly trying to forumate what might be a bill after the next Senate reccess.

<<"Nuro is just fine. I'm honored to meet you Senator Donnoc," Nuro bowing his head formally. "I am glad that you accepted my invation. As you know the Senate's attempts at passing the Spice controll act didn't go so well, to say the least. While I myself wanted that bill to fail, and if it ever came to vote agian I would vote aginast it, it did adress a problem that we in the Senate aren't taking seriously. I was wondering if you would like to help me outline a future bill, that would arrive on our chancellors doorstep next session. A more comperhensive anti-spice edcuation bill, aimed for the sectors most heavily hit by smuggling operations. Abill that would aim more to prevent future citzens of the Republic from using the substances in the first place.">> Nuro said in a calm quite voice.

<<" The most important aspect of the bill, would be that those caught using Spice would be turned over to a rebahilation clinc rather than prison, and put on Parole for longer than usual. While making sure Spice Smugglers still face prison time, and aren't protected by this law. The point of this bill would be to punishing addiction, and try preventing it instead.>> said with notabley more passion

<< I'm also curious on your thoughts on Senate resoultion #9.">>

TAG Sith-I-5

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Spacestation

"But, as for pirates....what do you wanna know?" the being had asked as it waited for Tak to respond.

Still somewhat hunched over, Tak adjusted his clothing and raised an eyebrow, slowly scanning the room to find out what the joke was. After a moment passed in silence, he finally extinguished the blade and carefully put the hilt back up his sleeve.

"Uh yeah," he said aloud. "Well, first of all," he threw a cred chip down and swallowed a drink of his own. There was a deep chuckle, as the bartender had handed Tak some of what the other was drinking...firewater, being almost a literal interpretation of the brew.

"There's this group of blood pirates that for some reason or another is after a colleague in the Senate. Seems I got this message from her assistant that he's under attack but I didn't get any coordinates and was wondering if I could, you know, maybe find out where they were?"

At the mention of the name 'Blood Pirates' there was a snarl, as the huge person hurled their drinking cup into the nearest wall, with shattering effects. A few of the others made themselves scare, as Ruge got up from the seat, obviously irritated.

"Blooders!" he spat violently, as he looked over towards Tak.

Tak reached into his pocket slowly and came out with his datapad. "I have a modest sum of credits for the account of someone who can give me accurate information, keeping in mind of course that I'm not a Jedi and therefore you won't get any of that peace garbage - I'll come back here in a pretty foul mood if someone tries to play me false."

"Could care less if you were a fracking force user or not. We knows how to deal with em, dont we boys...." It gave a evil grin. "We learned real well. You think shiny stick scare us. Almost insulting." Ruge got up, and walked over towards Tak.

"But DONT you put us in same breath as those Blooders, unless your trying to get your lungs removed! You want em? Go look for em yourself!" Ruge turned, and barked a command. A young Wookiee strolled over, handing Ruge a slip of paper.

"They got a bunch of hid holes. Might want to try the Seswenna Secotr and the Elrood sectors...but if they already done grabbed someone, good luck...and just keep your commlink open. They will let you known. Course, you dumb enough to swing stick around, might as well kiss em off now."

Ruge turned away, the Wookiee stared at the datapad that Tak had, while Ruge got another drink. "You got about fifteen seconds, before my good mood dissapears..." was muttered over the cup.

Tag:Brentus

7. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Its time. Many thanks to Jabba-Wocky for a slew of very good ideas. Hopefully the payoff of seeing them actualized will be worth the effort you put into making them. :)

[color=green][b][u]Rules Expansion Pack[/u][/b][/color]

[u]Forward[/u]

With these additions to the rules it is my hope to not only smooth the legislative process, but also to give my Senators more options to help craft legislation in ways that they wish to use. As one of my players said in PM, while I've successfully recreated the political theater, and it's frustrating effects, I haven't given the players the tools to get at the real substance yet (the back room dealing and horse trading). Taking his words to heart, this is the aim of this expansion pack.

[u]Part 1: Fact Checking[/u]

To prevent the game from being hijacked by a variety of facts and figures that may or not be in line with the state of the galaxy, the following rule is being implemented:

[b]RULE:[/b] All substantive facts and assumptions are not official unless approved by the Game-GM (Imperial_Hammer). Players may post unchecked facts or figures, however, these may be overturned at any time by the Game-GM. Lawmakers are encouraged to check their figures before they post to prevent any awkward edits or overturns. Additionally, any player may ask the Game-GM to review a fact typed up by another player. Upon this request, the fact will either be affirmed or denied and corrected. [u]If a fact is not changed, it will be considered correct.[/u] All fact changes will be integrated in game, with the revisions being done by the "Republic Information Services" and the incorrect facts being dismissed as "bad-data." No punishment will be given for the use of bad data.

[u]Part 2: Party Rankings[/u]

In order to allow for the following reforms to be created, a new system of Party Rankings will be implemented. This figure is akin to your own personal rankings, but for the party as a whole. Rankings will be decided every out-of-session, coordinated between the two party GMs. Its scale will be from 0 to 100 percent. Factors that will be taken into account for these rankings will be party allegiance, any PR moves done by the party, various party victories or failures on bills, and any other things we can think of.

[u]Part 3: Earmarks[/u]

As the first half of the major changes, this game will be accepting a system of earmarks into the legislative process.

[b]RULES:[/b]
    1.) Earmarks are a use of "dirty negotiations" used to get people to sign onto bills or tow the party line. If your planet receives an earmark, you will get a [u]bonus[/u] in your personal rankings. HOWEVER, every time an earmark is used, the party of the bill's author will [u]lose points[/u] in its general rankings. This loss of points will be small, but has the potential to build up quickly.
    2.) Earmarks are limited solely to funding measures, that a specific planet will receive a specific sum of money for a specific purpose. The [u]more[/u] money granted to a planet, the [u]bigger[/u] that Senator's personal bonus will be.
    3.) Earmarks will be fielded and accepted by the author of a bill. [u]Only the author[/u] has authority to attach earmarks to his or her bill.
    4.) The maximum amount of earmarks accepted onto a bill is 3, to be decided by the author of the bill. More earmarks can be submitted, but only 3 can be attached.
    5.) All earmarks on a bill must be PMed to the GM before voting is held. If no PM is received before voting, the bill will be passed "clean," without any earmarks.
    6.) Because this is a "dirty" way of negotiation, the earmarks are going to [b]remain secret[/b] until after the bill is voted. The consequences will then be born out by the party and party leader.
    7.) The Chancellor has the ability to submit one earmark for each bill, immune from revocation by either the author or the party leader. The party leader, as guardian of the party, has the ability to [u]strike down[/u] any and all earmarks. This will happen once the bill goes

8. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Okay then!

[b]IC: The Galaxy[/b]
    [i]Location: Aroundish[/i]

It started off as just another normal day. People woke up, went to work, talked to people and aliens, et cetera.

But then, things took a turn...
    [u]
    [i]Location: Coronet Spaceport, Coronet, Correlia[/i][/u]

The Spaceport was full of people, commuters heading into the capital of one of the most influential planets in the galaxy. No one noticed the man with the briefcase, standing in the center of the main terminal.

He looked down at his briefcase and the two wires sticking out of it.

The man reached down and touched the wires.

And from the man's briefcase, a large explosion erupted, instantly killing the man and a crowd around him. The people who escaped the small-radius blast slowly got up from the floor, dazed, but happy to be alive.

Yet their joy was in vain, as pain arced through their bodies. Soon they were convulsing and drooling, twitching on the floor. Eventually, the rest of the people in the terminal slipped into comas, their bodies contorting in pain. Many of them would die painful deaths.

The Hazmat teams were called in.

[u][i]Location: Seswenna Hall, Eriadu City, Eriadu[/i][/u]

Half a galaxy away, a tragically similar scene is unfolding. A human female has just ignited a bomb hidden in a backpack she had strategically placed in the Center Convocation Chamber of Seswenna Hall. All those utilizing the hall for the Nekk Breeder's Annual Meeting were killed, either by the initial blast or the deadly side effects of the mysterious chemical agent dispersed by the blast.

The ambulance cries could be heard all throughout the capital city.

[u][i]Location: Trade Hall, Cormond, Brentaal IV [/i][/u]

The day was not all won by the forces of chaos, however. On Brentaal, a bomber with a similarly deadly payload had been stopped from entering the Trade Hall of Brentaal while the nobles were in session. The man tried to jump the barriers, yet was shot down by the security guards. Luckily for the Brentaalians, the shots fired were instantly fatal, and the man was unable to detonate his bomb. Local Police have quarantined off the Trade Hall and deemed it a crime scene.

[hr]
    [u][i]Location: Office of Majority Leader Veygor Zaller, Coruscant[/i][/u]

What had happened on the worlds had spread like wildfire through the News. Zaller, like most sentients, was anxiously watching the Holonet as more repots came in. Although it was just three attacks, the casualty rates would certainly be high. By far the most troublesome aspect was the attack's use of Chemical Weapons. Initial speculation was that it was some sort of nerve gas. And anytime the public can get its hands on Weapons of Mass Destruction, the security of the New Republic was threatened.

Were there more attacks ready? How much of the nerve gas did the group who did this possess? Would they try to strike at Coruscant? Or perhaps was the attack on Coruscant mere seconds away?

Things in the galaxy had gotten considerably more dangerous.

Zaller looked at a piece of legislation he had been working on. It was his bill, entitled the "Legislative Overhaul Bill" (LOB). The bills had already been accepted for the season though. This bill should be passed immediately. But how!

Zaller slapped his hand on his forehead. Of course, this is an emergency!

Zaller added a few points to the bill he had written, and called in his secretary.

"Submit this to all the important government officials." he said.

What was sent was this:

[hr]
    [b]Attention Senators:[/b] Today is a day of tragedy for our Republic. Sophisticated terrorist groups have struck at some of our most influential worlds and have caused the deaths of many innocents. This group has declared war upon our Republic, and it is our duty as legislators to protect this great galaxy. Our legislative system is, sadly, not able to respond to the new world in which we live. Lawmakers on Coruscant require a greater flexibility in their negotiations over passed laws.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Senator Donnoc, Ximinos.

Taking a seat opposite the large mass that was the Huttese senator, Donnoc listened carefully. His years, nay decades, in Black Sun, had given him plenty of opportunity to negotiate, work and part-ayy with Hutt crime family members, so he understood Nuro's dialect well enough.

<<"Nuro is just fine. I'm honored to meet you Senator Donnoc," Nuro bowing his head formally. "I am glad that you accepted my invation. As you know the Senate's attempts at passing the Spice controll act didn't go so well, to say the least. While I myself wanted that bill to fail, and if it ever came to vote agian I would vote aginast it, it did adress a problem that we in the Senate aren't taking seriously. I was wondering if you would like to help me outline a future bill, that would arrive on our chancellors doorstep next session. A more comperhensive anti-spice edcuation bill, aimed for the sectors most heavily hit by smuggling operations. Abill that would aim more to prevent future citzens of the Republic from using the substances in the first place.">> Nuro said in a calm quite voice.

Donnoc inclined his head again. "To tell the truth, Senator," he admitted readily, "I welcome the chance to work with a colleague on anything. Life on Coruscant is pretty fast, and certainly things seem to spin past me. As for the Spice Control Act, I was very concerned for the welfare of law-abiding galactic citizens who choose to live in space, and risked being interdicted along with genuine spice smugglers!"

<<" The most important aspect of the bill, would be that those caught using Spice would be turned over to a rebahilation clinc rather than prison, and put on Parole for longer than usual. While making sure Spice Smugglers still face prison time, and aren't protected by this law. The point of this bill would be to punishing addiction, and try preventing it instead.>> said with notabley more passion

<< I'm also curious on your thoughts on Senate resoultion #9.">>

Donnoc frowned. "Cannot say that I have looked at it yet. If you would give me a moment?"

Tag: Nuro

10. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    IC - Tak Vedis
    spacestation

"Then I shall leave you in peace," he said simply. In truth, neither one wanted what the other could dish out. Tak had heard countless times about beings able to 'deal' with Force users, and yet Tak was the one who was still alive. On the other hand, he had no quarrel with these sentients and didn't want to make one.

Settling back into his fighter, he called up a map on his datapad and read another message from Senator Ryn. He also got caught up on some terrible happenings in the galaxy.

He quickly sent off a few messages, one to his Minimalist Party about supporting the new initiative, no matter how uncomfortable he was with giving anyone or anything any kind of 'emergency' powers.

He also let Senator Ryn know that any help would be appreciated and let her know he would be searching the Elrood sector next. Setting the coordinates, he leaned back in the fighter and wrote out his response to the latest bill, voting Yay despite his reservations about such emergency measures. It was impossible to prevent lone individuals from having their say through violence, and though it was supposedly a terrorist organization responsible for the atrocities, they had individuals working individually towards a common goal, which was very different from a mass attack. Lone wolves, if they were successful, often told no one of their intentions, and this was the fatal flaw in any kind of law designed to catch criminals.

Sighing, he waited for his ship to reach Elrood or any word from Senator Kree

Tag: Ktala, Lauren_solo, other Minimalist Party members

OOC: Ktala, you know we don't have much time left to wrap this side quest up.

[b]IC - Ashil Furn[/b]
    [i]Rastor's quarters[/i]

Ashil was appalled at violence. She would not tolerate it in any shape or form. Without hesitating, she voted [color=green][b]Yay[/b][/color] on the new resolution and sent messages to the other [b]liberal[/b] party members, urging them to do the same.

"Senator Rastor," she said after his long silence. "I would suggest you vote yes on this new emergency bill so we can show these terrorists who's boss in the Republic. I also wouldn't doubt it that the Empire was somehow behind this."

[b]Tag: LordPullus (you are still playing, aren't you?) other liberals[/b]

11. Lauren_Solo

Lauren_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    IC - Sha'no Ryn
    space

Sha'no received several messages as her ship entered normal space including two from Tak. She established a connection to the Senate and quickly voted Yes on the emergency bill and then changed course for Dega in the Elrood Sector. She had a friend there who might be able to help, at least point her in the right direction. She sent Tak a message asking him to meet her there.

Tag: Tak, Ktala?

12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    IC: Senator Jarath Natal of Nubia
    En Route to Coruscant

Jarath was again sitting with a towel draped over his shoulders as they re-entered real space in the Coruscant system. Like the lanes outside, the interior of their shuttle was abuzz with energy. The latest poll numbers had come in with everything else from Coruscant, and they were the unquestionable game-changer. While the aides moved to incorporate it into all their presses for leverage, Jarath played the trump card in his own fashion. Clothed more in righteous indignation than anything else, he dialed the aging executive of PharmCorp.

?Mheri,? came the response, with more clarity than the corresponding image in those initial seconds of the connection. That man was always awake. Comparatively, then, in a still unbuttoned shirt with collar turned upwards, the half-dressed Natal was at a disadvantage.

?This is Jarath Natal. You were forwarded the latest poll results just ahead of this message. I hope you?re able to review them as we speak,? he said curtly.

?We make a living on responding quickly to new information,? Mheri said. He let his voice lilt slightly.

?I think you?ll find minimal analysis is required in any case. Given the new state of things, I would certainly appreciate more room to operate than I currently have. It?s my understanding that you?ve been cautious in your handling of some of my political allies. They?ll need a free hand if we?re to build on our current support,? Natal pressed, testing the man?s ability.

Mheri stayed silent for a moment, squinting at something just to the left of the screen. Occasionally, he murmured. It was his way of forcing a slowdown in the conversation. When he finally spoke, his tone was measured: ?Of course, Senator. You should expect our support in your continuing ventures.?

?I had expected the support previously. I did not know you to be so risk-aversive in your investments,? Natal shot back. ?How should I interpret the previous behavior??

?Senator Natal,? started Mheri, ?there are those who believe that business is cutthroat. That you should abandon ship the moment things go bad, and shift allegiances without compunction. Those people do not work for us long, and neither do they succeed. The truth is, business is all about relationships, and securing customer loyalty.?

?Allow me to reassure you on that front. You?ve just made a new ad buy in the Correllian media market. I can get you a good price for blanketing the Corporate Sector as well, which should make sure it percolates to coverage on the political talk circuit.?

Jarath bit his lip. This phase of the negotiation was crucial. Mheri was faster on his feet than previously acknowledged. He?d surrendered a number of items of questionable value that nonetheless nullified much of the Senator?s furor. Perhaps the call had been premature. If this was all the advantage he was going to press out of his sponsors, it was a rather meager offering. On the other hand, his objectives revolved around insuring the long-term safety of Nyassi and the rest of his apparatus, which he seemed to have done already. The additional offers sweetened the pot, but were to some extent unnecessary, especially if he could rely on his people as much as he hoped.

?That would be nice, thank you. As you can see, we?re in the middle of a push, here, and I?ve got another event to attend. I do appreciate the conversation, though, Mheri,? Jarath acquiesced.
    ?Of course, Senator. You always make it interesting.? Then, just before disconnecting, he added, ?I?ll have my people contact yours about the details of running those ads. They should be up shortly.?

[i]Corsucant Spaceport[/i]
    [i]Shuttle Transport From Private Docking Bay 16ZA1-W to Spaceport Mani[/i]

The Senator?s entourage crushed into the already packed transport. That later fact was surprising. It was an off-traffic hour, in the off-session period, passing through the private docking bays. The clientele was sharply diminished from what was already the very few who might sim

13. ForceForever

ForceForever Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2008
    CS APPROVED

Name: Bellial Del'eau
    Species: Mon Calamari
    Appearance:
    [image=http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1510/francigalkybacy7.jpg]
    Personality: Caring, Thoughtful, Is mindful of her words, and has little use for those who lie.
    Schooling: University of Dac
    Bio: Bellial grew up, like most of her people her age, under the oppression of the Empire. She attended the University of Dac on her homeworld, She studied Medicine and Galactic law. When the opportunity arose for her to join the Rebel Alliance she did so with out compunction. She was a Commando and Medic in her service to the Alliance, and a good one at that.
    Shortly before the Battle of Hoth Mors Odrion, a Mon Calamari diplomat, representing the Alliance made contact with the Sedrians, of Sedri. He was trying to open up trade and gather support with them, and was succeeding. Unfortunately he was unable to prevent a short civil war, with the Rebel-aligned High Priest being challenged by Karak, who believed the Golden Sun, a powerful and ancient force sensitive intelligent being, should belong to all Sedrians and not be given its own rights.
    Bellial was assigned as Mors assistant and was caught in the crossfire. The High Priest of Sedri took her to the Golden Sun. The being recognized Bellial as one of the beings that helped support the High Priest. The Golden Sun healed Bellial and offered to help her understand her own latent Force potential.
    After securing the trade agreement for SedriMotors Limited?s manufacturing of Amphibion assault craft for the Alliance. Bellial accepted the Golden Sun?s offer. The nature of her power is mostly in the defensive area as well as healing aspects. She carries a staff of Sedri wood with a beautifully carved piece of coral, a gift from the High Priest, capping it.
    She returned to the Alliance in time to serve in the Battle of Endor. At this point she was stationed aboard a medical frigate in which her newly developed healing talent was greatly appreciated.
    After the New Republic was established she would open her own Medical practice in which she would use both conventional and Force augmented medicine.
    Recently she has been elected as her homeworld?s latest senator.

Politics
    Representative For: Mon Calamari (Dac)
    Party: Minimalist
    Personal Platform: Health care, and a strong military.

IC: Bellial Del'eau

She looked out at the empty senate chamber. "So this is the seat of galactic legislation." The newly elected Senator from Mon Calamari could feel the history of the chamber. She could almost see the Senators of old as they helped guide the Republic through to the future.
    She smiled as she thought of what the prime minister of Dac had told her before she left for Coruscant.
    "Do not worry that you think you are not qualified, for you truly believe in your convictions and that is why your people have elected you. "
    As she looked out on the great chamber she new one thing... She would stand true to her people.

Minutes later she arrived in her office in the Senate complex. It was a small office, but she was expecting that, being a junior member of the senate.

"Greetings Senator Del'eau, I am C3-BZ your personal assistant. I was assigned to you by the deplomatic corps." She looked at the protocol droid, It had the stock body of a C3 series droid, but its head was a unique clamshell that she recognized a Calamarian design.

"I have heard of you C3-BZ. You were part of runaway droid ride, from Kessel. Weren't you manumitted by the Alliance?" The droid spoke up. "Most beings shorten my name to Bezee, it is an acceptable designation, and you are correct I am a free droid. But like all free beings I must make a living. My skills in diplomacy and office management have served the Calamari deplomatic corps well."

"Its good to have you aboard Bezee." Bellial sat down at her desk. "Whats first on the agenda?"

Tag: No one

OOC: It is an Honor to join this game. I hope I can keep up with all of you.

14. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: The Crisis

New information about the terrorist attacks constantly trickled in.

The latest was that authorities had identified the toxin that had been used for all three attacks. It was a potent nerve gas by the name of Pylox-W, a Class-A Forbidden Substance. Possession is almost exclusively reserved for the military, and private manufacture is difficult but not impossible. The active ingredient, Pylox, is well cataloged by authorities, although instances have been reported of it being traded on the black market. Pylox requires a lab to weaponize, and some chemical skill.

In response to the emergency situation of the government, another law has been submitted for fast-track voting.

[b][u]ER 2 [/u][/b]

[b]Bill Title:[/b] School-based Nutrition for Younglings (Bill)
    [b]Author:[/b] Senator Donnoc
    [b]Co-Author:[/b] (Emergency Session waiver. We should be seen not to be completely sidetracked from the needs of our people)
    [b]Contents:[/b] The provision of bottles of milk, or species-equivalent nutrient to school-age children, on school mornings.
    This way, regardless of conditions in the home, children, this galaxy's future, can be assured of an infusion of healthy nutrients at least five times in a Standard Week.
    [b]Funding:[/b] Where parents/guardians can afford it, there will be a standard charge; otherwise the money will come out of the current Education Bill budget. Where private corporations run educational establishments, tax breaks will be applicable providing they provide this service.
    [b]Enforcement[/b]: Arakyd's mothballed Viper series will be brought out of retirement, saving the cost of a new branch of inspectors.
    [b]Implimentation:[/b] From the start of the next school year.
    [b]Justification:[/b]
    a) The Senate and the Chancellor being seen to not be acting with 'the little people' in mind, is what led to the assassination attempt on Territha and these attacks. This addresses an issue for our children, without being caught up in other, wider-ranging issues.

b) Senator Vedis made the problems of the poor his platform for his school reform; this covers another area. Children are more attentive and can learn quicker and better the healthier they are.

c) This is aimed to be off benefit to all children, everywhere.

15. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Since this sidequest is time-sensitive and DRL has his clutches on me at the moment, Ktala has permission to NPC Shawn if necessary ... or, you know, just ditch the bodyguard and go risking her neck alone. :p

IC: Shawn Ventar

Coruscant

Bender recognised the logo, all right. The creature turned an even deeper shade of green - something Shawn had not thought possible - and went absolutely wild with panic.

"Wha?! I thouht we friends? You try get me killed?" he said incredulously. He continued along that vein for a while, circling Nava - Shawn merely watched him steadily. The bodyguard was used to dealing with belligerent beings; so long as he didn't pull a weapon or lay a hand on Nava Kree, it was all right. He did almost step in when Bendar got right in Nava's face, but the ex-podracer was not completely helpless and just shoved Bendar away before Shawn had to do anything.

But the grin on Bendar's face when he talked about there maybe being a bounty on Nava's head made Shawn's skin crawl. Automatically, the bodyguard dropped his right hand to his blaster. His other arm remained deceptively relaxed, but his real weapon was there - a wrist laser strapped to his left wrist. Happily, he had no call to use either weapon; faced with an angry Xamster and her bodyguard, Bendar backed down and hastily disclaimed ever thinking about collecting the bounty.

The trip back up was short, silent, and filled with tension.

Shawn was faintly surprised to find their speeder still there, right where they left it. He made sure to scan it for any tricks before they got in - he didn't really expect any, Bendar's security was good, and if the creature wanted to kill them he wouldn't have let them go.

"Where to from here?" he asked Nava quietly.

TAG: Ktala, etcs

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Senator Donnoc, Ximinos.

Although the lepi representative looked it up on his now open datapad, he did not get as far as Senate Resolution #9, his ears drooping bit by bit, and his face draining as a ticker running along the bottom of the screen apprised him of the terrorist attacks and casualties.
    None of Coachelle?s interests had yet been hit, fortunately.

When ER1 chimed its way onto his screen he ran his eye quickly down the details and although he was wary of anything pushed through as an emergency measure, voted Yay.

And then, in a clear ?pot calling kettle black? moment, he realised the benefits of this twenty-four hour period, and tapping quickly into the ?pad, pulled a pet proposal of his own out of ?Deep Six? storage ? descriptive phrases were a hobby - that Senator Vedis? first Education Bill had forced him to abandon, and sent it in.

Some time later, he grinned as his proposal, now called Emergency Resolution 2, popped up.
    For the life of him, he did not know if a bill?s proposer was supposed or even allowed, to vote on it as well.

?Sorry, Senator!? He started, realising the hefty politician was still waiting patiently. ?SR #9, wasn?t it? Less?see, ?Health Advancement and Promotion Bill?.?

The communications and note-taking device chimed with an incoming message. Flagged ?Pimp Daddy?.

Donnoc raised an eyebrow as he perused the missive from the mercenary-brokering Jaxxon, offering up a mission to break a 'Gorgos Olian' out of jail on Bakura.

?Olian. Olian.? He mused aloud, but soft enough not to overtly attract the Hutt. Name rang a bell. ?There was a governor on Bakura called Olian.? Then realisation dawned! The guy was only the subject of the extradition proposal on SR#7 for frag?s sake! ?Oh Jaxx?, what are you like??

The lepi found himself chuckling, and concentrated on looking up the requested bill.

?Tell you what, Nuro. Let me know what you think of ER2 while I?m looking at SR9??

Tag: Nuro, anyone in earshot

17. ForceForever

Apr 10, 2008

Bellial had been following the news about the terrorist attacks. So far the Coronet Spaceport on Correlia, and the Seswenna Hall on Eriadu had been the only targets. The authorities stated that it was a nerve agent called Pylox-W.
    Now Bellial had heard of Pylox-W. Its main ingredients were, of course, Pylox from the world of the same name, and a rare fungus that is grown on numerous jungle planets through out the galaxy.

?Madam Senator, I have some messages for you that require your attention.?

Bellial looked up at Bezee as the droid placed the data pad on her desk.

?Thank you Bezee.?

She read over the message detailing the Bills ER1 & ER2. She pinned a quick Yay to ER1 as it seemed a necessary measure given the current situation, but held off on ER2 as she felt it was unnecessary, and the thought of probots as inspectors in schools did not bode well with her. She decided to give it some thought, maybe make a decision later in the day. Suddenly her stomach grumbled and she realized how long it had been since she had eaten.

She switched off the holo-news and stood up.

?Bezee, do you know of a good place to have dinner around her??

?Why yes, Madam Senator, I know of such a place.?

Twenty Minutes Later

Bellial walked into the Ximinos Restaurant?s main foyer, Bezee had said this was the best establishment on Coruscant, and that many Senators frequented it.

Tag: Saintheart, any

18. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    IC - Tak Vedis
    Dega space

Coming out of hyperspace, Tak quickly sent a message to Senator Ryn stating he was there and was hoping she would arrive shortly. He was interested to know what all the buzz was about.

Plus, there was another emergency bill being proposed. To help the children. Oh brother. It seemed like Senator Donnoc's heart was in the right place - for a giant rabbit - but the bill was unusual. Milk for the children was often free in private schools and often given out free to needy families along with free lunches, at least that's what he'd always been told. He scratched his head at the odd use of decomissioned droids to oversee the legislation as well.

Still, it was a move in the right direction, so he hooked in to the secure node and voted Yay. However, he didn't feel it necessary to send any message out to his party... let them decide for themselves since he didn't feel it was an earth shattering bill.

Tak began to wonder if Nava was even receiving the messages he was sending to her in regards Pol and wherever he was.

Tag: Lauren_solo, Ktala

19. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    IC:Li Tol Rastor
    Private Office, Corucant

The holoprojector continued to show images of the aftermath of the terroist attacks that had devasated the republic within the previous few hours. Corellia, and Eriadu were amongst the targeted systems, and both senators knew that some sort of response was definitely going to be called for from the senate.

"I would suggest you vote yes on this new emergency bill so we can show these terrorists who's boss in the Republic. I also wouldn't doubt it that the Empire was somehow behind this."

The words of his collegue triggered Li's thoughts as his mind raced with countless possiblities behind who might of been behind the strike alongside with their motives. Taking a slow sip from his glass Li allowed the burning sensation the liquor brought to his system to savor before he allowed it to travel down his digestive tract as his eyes moved towards the emergency proposition on his datapad.

"We need a direct action with rapid haste there's no doubt", Li responded as he also placed a Yay vote in favor of the bill knowing that to put such a bill through a senate session would place the republic at risk for another attack due to the legislative's knack for taking time. "Our party has been ineffective over the past two sessions, but we can change that now if we move together in an assertive manner", he added as he closed his data pad setting both his eyes upon the form of the liberal party leader. "But even more so important then that is that I suggest you make some sort of statement on the behalf of our party addressing this latest incident which might serve us in a favorable light especially if your the first to do so", the Munn senator informed his collegue as his mind continued to race with endless possiblities of how to turn the attacks into their favor.

Tags:BrentofGath as Ashil

20. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Voting on ER1 will end tomorrow (hopefully, I'm at home this weekend, so my internet access is a little hard to get. Voting on ER2 will end probably on Sunday or Monday when I get a slice of time.

1.) Updated Public Relations figures for the latest round of votings AND for a overarching two session review [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]
    2.) The issues for the next period will be posted here in the thread [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]
    3.) New Republic Intelligence Data on these resolutions to be posted
    4.) Updated polling data for your people and what they think about the new resolutions.
    5.) Party stances for the bills will be posted [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]
    6.) Small "State of the Galaxy" post giving any long-term trends or impacts associated with the laws.
    7.) Title change to show this game is going to be open to new players through the month of May [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]
    8.) New GMs will be installed for parties without them. [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]
    9.) The Rules Expansion Pack will be loaded and integrated into the story [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]
    10.) A list of active senators will be compiled [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]

[hr]
    [b]*No New Updates on the Terrorism Crisis - Local Investigators still looking into suspects*[/b]

[hr][hl=white]
    [color=red][b][u]*Conservative Party Stances on Bills*[/u][/b][/color][/hl]

[b][u]Senate Resolution #7[/u][/b] Extradition of Gorgos Olian

[b]Recommends: Yay Vote[/b] - Gorgos Olian, through his criminal actions, has poisoned the validity of the local Bakuran Court System. As a party interested in justice prevailing, we support Olian's Extradition.

[b][u]Senate Resolution #8[/u][/b] Food Security Initiative

[b]Recommends: Nay Vote[/b] - The Conservative Party does not approve of interfering with the private market, nor increasing dependence on the government / subsidizing farmers. Businesses are the life-blood of this Republic, and as thus, should be respected and left alone (barring serious threat to the populace).

[b][u]Senate Resolution #9[/u][/b] Health Advancement & Promotion Bill

[b]Recommends: Yay Vote[/b] - The Conservative Party supports the HAPB. Government incentives here spur the private market into even further competition, stimulating growth and prosperity. The measure does not foster dependence, and leads to a higher standard of living and health across the galaxy.

21. Lauren_Solo

Lauren_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    IC - Sha'no Ryn
    Dega space

Sha'no left hyperspace not far from an antique Jedi starfighter, the kind she was told about in the old Republic. As she approached, she could see someone sitting inside. It was Tak Vedis!! She activated her comm unit and set it to an open frequency.

"Senator, is that you? This is Sha'no; there should be a ship nearby. I'll call my friend Delson, he might have some information."

The scanners of her ship weren't very powerful, but she did detect another ship. She hoped very much that Delson would give her some information instead of just flirt with her. She piloted her ship towards the center of the system where the signal was coming from.

Tag: Tak

22. ForceForever

Apr 10, 2008

After a delightful meal Bellial had gone to see her new apartments. They were in a good part of Coruscant not far from the Senate building and Offices. Although on the small side, they suited her just fine.

She immediately adjusted the environmental unit for more humidity, and a slightly warmer climate. She switched on the Holo-news but there were no new reports on the Terrorist attacks.

She sat down at her secure terminal, and connected to the Senate node. She voted a Nay to ER2, then accessed her office computer. Bezee had left her some updates on the attacks.

She scanned them quickly then focused in on one in particular. The Trade Hall in Cormond on Brentaal IV apparently was the target of an attack at the same time as the others. Security stopped the terrorist before they could detonate the device.

This was a fortunate turn of events. She quickly drafted a message to the Brentaal ambassador.

Mr. Ambassador

I have the understanding that your government was able to thwart a recent attack on your sovereign soil, and that you have recovered evidence that the individual possessed. I have a background in Medicine and knowledge of the substance involved. I offer my assistance in helping with the investagation.

Senator Bellial Del?eau
    Mon Calamari

She encoded the message and sent it. Hopefully the Ambassador would welcome her help, her curiosity about this situation almost matched her desire to see justice brought to those responsible.

Tag: I_H for Brentaal IV Ambassador?s response.

23. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    IC - Tak Vedis
    Dega space

A small, unmarked vessel suddenly jumped into normal space and crept close to his fighter, making him curious and slightly nervous as well. Finally though, a voice burst through his comm., set on a wide frequency band.

"Senator, is that you? This is Sha'no; there should be a ship nearby. I'll call my friend Delson, he might have some information."

Ah, Senator Ryn. Clicking on his own comm. he answered her. "All right, you lead and I'll follow."

He followed her ship, hoping for something good to come from this meeting.

Tag: Lauren_solo, Ktala (by extension I guess)

[b]IC - Ashil Furn[/b]
    [i]Rastor's apartment[/i]

This senator had a delightfully devious mind. Ashil was more than pleased. She listened as Rastor spoke and voted on the current emergency resolutions.

[i]"But even more so important then that is that I suggest you make some sort of statement on the behalf of our party addressing this latest incident which might serve us in a favorable light especially if your the first to do so"[/i]

"A very solid idea, Senator Rastor," Ashil replied, grinning from ear to ear. "I see you will be going places in the Galactic People's Party. I shall be more than happy to release a statement condemning these most horrible attacks on our sovereignty. It might be nice, however, to see the Galactic People's Party come together - to be [i]seen[/i] together - when I make this announcement. In short, Senator, I ask that you accompany me when I make this speech."

Waiting for his reply, she also sent a message to Senators [b]Nuro[/b] & [b]Donnoc[/b], requesting their presence at the speech as well, to show solidarity to the galaxy and the party in particular. Conspicuous by her absence, Senator [b]Kree[/b] was not included in her request. Ashil was unsure about the Xamster for now - she could potentially cause more harm than good in this situation.

While she was connected, Ashil also voted [color=green][b]Yay[/b][/color] on [b]ER2[/b], just to show solidarity with her party. Personally, she didn't like children and didn't give a frak if they were well nourished in school or not, but it wasn't good politics to show such ill feelings.

[b]Tag: Pullus, Sith-I-5, TheManinBlack[/b]

24. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    IC:Torco Bastra
    Ximinos

While Torco was waiting to talk to Sanomar, Alan called him on his comlink. *Senator, I just got word on a couple of emergency bills that just came in.* Alan said when Torco answered. "Relay it to me." Alan told Torco about ER1 and ER2. "Ok vote YAY for both of them, Alan." Torco told him when Alan was finished. *One more thing sir, almost everything is ready for the party. All thats left is decorating.* Alan said over the com. "Wow Alan that was fast. Thanks for letting me know." Torco shut off his comlink, turned and walked over to the other Senators in Ximinos.

"Greetings Senators Donnoc, Nuro, and Natal. In case you don't know me Nuro, I am Senator Bastra, you may call me Torco. I don't know if any of you got any invitation from me, about the celebration of my planets removal of the Imperials. And I wanted to know if any of you were coming? I won't take offense if you choose not to.

Tag:Sith-I-5 TheManinblack.

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nava Kree
    Leaving Dead Lands, Coruscant

First, was
    The way back to their shuttle was quick, both being silent, as they made their way back. Nava's mind was full of worry about Pol. She hoped he had made it home safely.

Nava couldnt reach her ears, or she would have been chewing on them with worry. She vageuly remember Shawn guiding her into the shuttle, after he had scanned it. She was looking around the sky, as they made their way in.

Nava was brought back to the present, when she heard Shawn ask, "Where to from here?" he asked Nava quietly. Nava yanked off her hat, and then looked up. "My shuttle." She replied. "I have an idea to flush them out." Nava gave an odd grin. "Back home. But I need to make a quick stop someplace first. Near the pod. I think I have an idea.." Nava replied, and then looked out the window, thinking.

As soon as they cleared the Dead lands, her com system went crazy. Messages came pouring over.

The first was the priority message from Pol, , saying his ship was coming under attack.

Then a ton of messages from ... Senator Tak????
    She read the messages, and began to chatter loudly, as she tugged her ears free. She then looked at the timestamp.

Several other messages came by.

Terrorist attacks!

Emergency Senate bills.. Nava nearly fainted. How was she supposed to deal with this!?

Bill Title: The Legislative Overhaul Act - ER #1
    AuContents: (Bill contains legislation allowing for Game Mechanics changes as outlined by the Rules Expansion Pack)
    Justification: To expedite the passage of and customize laws needed to establish the security of the New Republic. This sort of legislative optimization allows the government to do its job (and respond to threats) more effectively.

ER 2
    Bill Title: School-based Nutrition for Younglings (Bill)

She read the two bills over carefully, and she voted {font color=green]YAY[/font] to both bills. She then sent quick messages to

The new leader of her party, Ashil Furn, and
    The Vice Chancellor. She knew she was forgetting someone, but her mind was too worried about Pol.

Forgive me, but due to a severe emergency, I will not be able to meet with you as we had planned eariler. I shall be attending to some personal business, and will hopefully return before the new session begins.

Yours in Service,
    Senator Nava Kree

By then, Nava had made her way to the area where her pod was kept. There was something else here as well, that Shawn did know she had access to.

She thought about what she was going to do. This was a Xamster mater. Pol could be angry later. Besides, he coudlnt do, what she would need right now.

Nava made her way towards the tiny vessel, and after pushing a few keys, Shawn was shocked by the sudden roar of engines, as her emergency vessel took off, screaming for space. As soon as she had cleared Coruscant, she sent out a call to Senator Tak.

Tak! Im on my way. Where are you? I have some information you might need....?

Nava chirped softly, as she checked out her blaster. She hoped she wouldnt need it. Nice thing about her tiny vessel, was that it was made for stealth and speed. Much faster than her official ship, and could pull manuevers others couldnt. A ship for a pod racer.

Nava began singing a favorite song while she made her way towards home.

Meanwhile...

Senators Tak and Sha'no's communications panel were abuzz with local holonet chatter. Someome claimed to have seen what looked like a vessel being attacked by a much larger vessel. When they had gone to investigate, they had been attacked as well.

It had been reported close to the Elwood sector.

About 20 minutes after that, a strange message was sent. It was sent over open channels, so that anyone could receive it. No identifying call.

"I have it. And it will cost you."

Was all the message said.

TAG: Xan, Brentus,Lauren_solo, Sinrebirth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.