1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive The Galactic Senate RPG - [August] *In Session*

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordPullus Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 6, 2006
    star 3
    IC:Li Tol Rastor
    Private Office

    "A very solid idea, Senator Rastor," Ashil replied, grinning from ear to ear. "I see you will be going places in the Galactic People's Party. I shall be more than happy to release a statement condemning these most horrible attacks on our sovereignty. It might be nice, however, to see the Galactic People's Party come together - to be seen together - when I make this announcement. In short, Senator, I ask that you accompany me when I make this speech."

    Li just simply nodded at the appraising comments his collegue rained upon him having learned many years ago that words in politics had very little weight especially when complimenting another for the lone fact that things changed so quickly. His eyes returned to his datapad reading the second emergency proposition breaking the prop down with ease feeling out the benefits, and downfalls in regards to his stances. It wasn't a bill he would usually associate his name to in regards to support, yet now more then ever was important to appear to the citizens of the galaxy as part of the concerned group for the dividends in the future would yield great returns.

    "I will be there at your press release if my presences is needed, and I do agree that we as a party need to be seen both on paper and visually in public as a unified group especially if we are the Galactic People's Party", Li replied his slender fingers working over his data pad as he voted Yay on ER2 before switiching it off once again taking hold of his glass.

    "Either way I feel where at a crucial point were we can shift the balance of power in our favor..........the only question is are willing to do what it takes to do so", Li added after a few moments of silence his eyes trained on the night traffic outside of his window his mind calculating to what extent his fellow party members would be willing to go.

    Tags:Ashil
  2. Lauren_Solo Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 22, 2007
    star 1
    IC ? Sha?no Ryn
    Dega space


    "All right, you lead and I'll follow."

    Sha?no smiled and continued on. Her friend Delson was a scientist of sorts but was also rumored to be part of the black market because he sometimes needed certain equipment that normal scientists weren?t allowed to posses. Sha?no knew for certain that he was indeed part of the black market and as such, may have some important information.

    Suddenly, much information flooded in across her communications panet. Someome claimed to have seen what looked like a vessel being attacked by a much larger vessel. When they had gone to investigate, they had been attacked as well.

    It had been reported close to the Elrood sector.


    A code from Sha?no?s comm caused the blackness of space to warp. A large, cloaked ship appeared before them. Her callsign was answered and soon the blue form of Delson Sinclair appeared before her. ?Sha?no,? he said happily. ?It?s a pleasure to see you again. I heard you were a senator now! Could you by chance lift the ban on some items for me?? He grinned widely.

    ?Um, we can talk about that later, Delson,? she replied quietly. ?Right now I need some information.?

    ?What kind?? he asked suspiciously. ?I have tons of information on science, but you don?t often ask about that.?

    ?I was hoping you could tell me where I might find a group of pirates who?d kidnapped a friend of a friend recently.?

    Delson scoweled. ?My life wouldn?t be worth spit if I talked, dearie. And then who would carry on my research? I?m afraid you?ll have to look elsewhere for your stool pigeon.?

    ?Can?t you give me anything?? Sha?no asked.

    ?I can tell you not to mess with these particular pirates,? Delson said slowly, as though he knew exactly who the pirates were. ?Other than that, I can?t tell you to seek out a Wookiee named Raalchaar because he doesn?t know anything.? He winked at her and immediately closed the connection and the ship disappeared again, back into cloak.

    ?Did you hear that, Tak?? she asked. During the conversation, she had discreetly switched communication so he could receive as well. Now they had to find a wookiee, but where?


    Tag: Tak, Ktala
  3. BrentusofGath Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 12, 2005
    star 4
    IC - Tak Vedis
    Dega space


    As Tak followed Senator Ryn, he received a harried reply from Nava. Tak! Im on my way. Where are you? I have some information you might need....?

    Information? That was a good word, but what did Nava know about the matter? She'd claimed she didn't have any idea during their brief conversation, so he wondered what had changed, hopefully something for the better.

    Senators Tak and Sha'no's communications panel were abuzz with local holonet chatter. Someome claimed to have seen what looked like a vessel being attacked by a much larger vessel. When they had gone to investigate, they had been attacked as well.

    It had been reported close to the Elrood sector.


    Ah, so they were at least close now. In the same sector at least. Tak felt some kind of energy field nearby and wasn't surprised when a ship decloaked right in front of him. Must be this person Sha'no wanted to meet with. Suddenly, his comm crackled to life and he overheard part of a conversation between Sha'no and this fellow in the large ship.

    A Wookiee named Raalchaar. Well that was... a lead of sorts. Tak knew nothing about this system, if there were inhabitable planets or not, but there appeared to be more activity further toward the Dega star, perhaps more cloaked ships. Perhaps danger.


    "Did you hear that, Tak?" Sha'no asked.

    "Yes," he replied. "We should be cautious. I - my sensors are picking up more energy fluctuations similar to what came from that cloaked ship, so I think there may be more of them around." He couldn't tell her he sensed the cloaked ships, after all. It was a little white lie.


    Tag: Lauren_solo, Ktala




    IC - Ashil Furn
    Rastor's apartment


    Typing on her datapad, Ashil arranged for a press conference on the following day and sent followup messages to Donnoc and Nuro with the date and time so they could be there and show solidarity to the galaxy and their party.

    "I'll try to come up with something appropriate to say," she told the Muun senator. "Would you be willing to also say a few words?"

    It was getting late and she wanted to close out this conversation, pleasant though it was, and get down to business. "I do thank you for the hospitality and the splendid vintage, but I must call it a night, I'm afraid. Much to do in preparation for tomorrow." She gave him the time and location of the conference and stood to leave.


    Tag: Pullus, Sith-I-5 & ManinBlack/>
  4. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

    Manager
    Member Since:
    Nov 15, 2004
    star 7
    IC: Vice Chancellor Lin, Office, Senate, Coruscant

    Problems had been thrown at Traer since he'd even volunteered to meet people at Ximino's. Even before he managed to arrive, New Republic Intelligence had taken him aside and discussed various issues with him about his son. Apparently Aden had been causing trouble on Tallaan - the destruction of a large statue dedicated to equality had Intelligence concerned he'd fallen in with some neo-Imperial group - but even before Traer had been able to contact him, the terrorism had occurred, and he had rushed to the Senate.

    Slapping the Yay button on whatever came up, perhaps somewhat irresponsibly, he hardly read small print nor concerned himself with minutiae. His datapad chimed not long after he arrived at his desk, pushing aside a gaggle of reporter droids that had seemingly made it past security. He flicked on his comlink, calling the burly Aqualish who was in charge of security - and seemingly dealing with a hoax bomber - to remove them. A moment later, and the droids were being ambushed by three Aqualish, and he finally flipped open his datapad.

    Forgive me, but due to a severe emergency, I will not be able to meet with you as we had planned eariler. I shall be attending to some personal business, and will hopefully return before the new session begins.

    Yours in Service,
    Senator Nava Kree


    Hastily, attempting to get a handle on the situation involving the terrorists, he sent a reply.

    Completely understandable, Nava, I hope everything goes fine. I shall see you in the next session, no doubt.

    Yours,
    Vice Chancellor Traer Lin


    An Aqualish officer - Trent - poked his head into the office, Traer irritably looking up, flushed from all the issues he had to concern himself with. "Sir, what should we do with these droids?"

    "What do we normally do?"

    "They don't normally get this far into the Senate, to be honest. Usually we turn them away and send them off."

    The Tapani grew even more irritable. "They've been inside the Senate during a galactic emergency. Turn them off and lock them away."

    "Sir?" Law suits seemed to flashing past Trent's eyes. Traer understood that, and he clarified. "Don't damage them. I don't care where they are put, just put them away. That won't infringe any laws. Happy?"

    "Yes, sir." Trent padded off, shutting the door, and Traer rubbed his chin, noting the bristles and pulling his hand away, hissing at it as if it had betrayed him. Reports were scattered across his desk, and Traer started looking at them. He was, fundamentally, an economist, and he had became Vice Chancellor because of that.

    Traer sat back in his chair, reading of the death tolls and the damage financially. The confusion on Brentaal would cause economic slowdown up and down the Hydian and Perlemian, and the Republic would need the new Tapani Trade Route to counter this, especially considering the quagmire up and down the other hyperlanes at Corellia and Eriadu. Fondor and other systems down the Tapani Trade Route would become more important economically if things continued. Which of course meant they would profit even moreso.

    Traer paused, considering. This bore attention. The Vice Chancellor stroked his chin, and considered, anticipating the terrorists. It was clear, to him, that if the links between Hutt Space and the Republic became key, that the next strike would come down the Tapani Trade Route. Considering the web of targeted systems, there was little doubt that the terrorists were well organised, but they had hit trade hubs, not military positions.

    The Vice Chancellor booted up his terminal and tapped his stylus on the screen, carefully. He'd need to protect his financial arrangements. His eyes saw the set of bills to be discussed next, and spent the an hour searching for institutions related to agriculture and so forth on the worlds up the Tapani Trade Route. He transferred the data to his datapad, and began flicking through companies.

    In half an hour, he increased his a
  5. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Big post incomin'

    1.) Updated Public Relations figures for the latest round of votings AND for a overarching two session review (X)
    2.) The issues for the next period will be posted here in the thread (X)
    3.) New Republic Intelligence Data on these resolutions to be posted (X)
    4.) Updated polling data for your people and what they think about the new resolutions.
    5.) Party stances for the bills will be posted (X)
    6.) Small "State of the Galaxy" post giving any long-term trends or impacts associated with the laws. (X)
    7.) Title change to show this game is going to be open to new players through the month of May (X)
    8.) New GMs will be installed for parties without them. (X)
    9.) The Rules Expansion Pack will be loaded and integrated into the story (X)
    10.) A list of active senators will be compiled (X)

    *Emergency Period Closed - Voting Results Incoming*
    (Both tallies include my own as Zaller)

    The Legislative Overhaul Act - ER #1
    Yay: 8
    Nay: 0
    Abstain: 0

    *Resolution Passes*

    School-based Nutrition for Younglings Initiative - ER #2
    Yay: 6
    Nay: 2
    Abstain: 0

    *Resolution Passes*

    New Republic Intelligence Agency Update - *CLASSIFIED - NOT FOR RELEASE TO PUBLIC*

    New Republic Intelligence has concluded an initial evaluation of the terrorist incident taken place 48 hours ago. The attack took place using backpacks and briefcases each containing 4-5 vials of Class-A Nerve Agent Pylox-W. These vials were surrounded by low yield dispersal-charges which caused the initial blast. This information came both from the captured bomb confiscated from the Brentaal site, as well as remains from the Correlian and Eriadu blasts. While the investigation is still under way for the identities of the suspects, the NRIA is following up a strong lead on an outer-rim millenarian sect called the "Sons of the Other." Drawing from initial scans of sect literature, the group seeks to bring about the end of the galaxy through sacrifices to the "Great Other." It is unclear how these attacks link to the groups intent, but the 2 of the 3 bombers have been positively identified with the "Sons". The sect has an estimated few thousand followers, scattered through a large expanse of outer-rim planets. As to the attacks, newest casualty counts have 600 confirmed dead on Correllia and 200 dead on Eriadu. There is an estimated 300 beings in the medcenters on Corellia, and an additional 150 on Eriadu, all being treated for trace exposure to the nerve gas. Monetary damage for the attacks are estimated to be minimal, mostly coming from wages for hazmat response crews. Initial estimates on this range from 2 million to 5 million credits spent.

    ***State of the Galaxy Report - Holonet News***

    It is a turbulent time for the Senate! It seems that the Great Goodie Basket is both reinventing itself, as well as keeping some of its old policies. While in its second session, it gave many gifts to the localities, it remains to be seen if this hands-off approach will remain in place in response to the recent terrorist attacks. Many expect more authoritarian legislation to be passed by the government in response to this situation, as well as a new command with the Senate's new Conservative majority. However, with Senator Donnoc's Milk Bill being passed, there is an equally loud side who remain skeptical that the Senate will be anything more than a parent to the localities, with especially big wallets/>/>/>/>
  6. BrentusofGath Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 12, 2005
    star 4
    OOC: All the Senate goals for the Liberal and Minimalist parties have been sent out. If I've missed you, send me a pm, please.






    IC - Ashil Furn
    press conference


    Flanked by several senators, Ashil stepped up to the podium and cleared her throat. She glanced out to the sea of reporters and gave a slight smile as flashes went off and holocams focused on her handsome form.

    "We of the Galactic People's Party stand united in the face of galaxy changing events. It is a sad day when we must come to speak with you under such grim circumstances, and it is a personally dismal day for me, considering my own home planet has been a direct victim in this heinous act. However, we of the GPP wish it to be known that we are with you, the citizens of the great New Republic in this time of crisis. We will not abandon you while there seem to be such trying times ahead.

    "The Galactic People's Party stands firmly with you, and we will not rest until this terrorist organization is brought to justice and each and every one of you is safe once more in your Republic.

    "I will now turn the floor over to those from the GPP who are here, if they wish to say a few words on this tragedy."


    Tag: LordPullus & Sith-I-5, ManinBlack, if you choose to show up for your party./>
  7. Lauren_Solo Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 22, 2007
    star 1
    IC ? Sha?no Ryn
    Dega space


    Taking Tak?s lead, Sha?no set course for the inner part of the system. She didn?t understand how he had such great sensors on his ship, but she went along with him. Suddenly, another large vessel decloaked in front of her ship and locked a tractor beam on it. They brought Sha?no?s ship close to theirs and she could hear when the ship docked with hers.

    There was a knock on the docking hatch and Sha?no tried to contact Tak, but her comm was being jammed. Drawing her blade, she opened the hatch, against her better judgment. A large wookiee strode in with two armed guards.

    ?What do you want?? he growled in his native language.

    ?I was told to seek out Raalchaar the wookie who would have some information on pirates for me,? she said bravely.

    The wookiee moved very quickly, grabbing her blade from her hands before she even knew what was happening. ?You play a dangerous game, Senator Ryn,? he growled.

    ?How do you know my name?? Sha?no demanded, forgetting about her unarmed situation, hoping Tak would find some way to help her. ?And what about these pirates?? she brazenly demanded.

    The wookiee signaled to his guards to leave them alone, handing the vibroblade to one of them. ?Looks like I?ll have to deal with this myself,? he growled angrily. He swung wildly, but Sha?no used her wiry body to duck out of the way. Rolling to the ground and away, she kicked out with her foot into his stomach.

    The wookiee howled and grabbed her around the waist and began to squeeze her in a terrible bearhug. Losing breath fast, Sha?no hoped Tak could come help her. She struggled against the great strength of the wookiee, but soon her head began to feel heavy, and sleep was calling her name?


    Tag: Tak (help!!) Ktala
  8. BrentusofGath Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 12, 2005
    star 4
    IC - Tak Vedis
    Dega space


    On their way toward the center of the system, Tak had time to send a message to Nava, telling her they were in the Dega system looking for some Wookiee named Raalchaar.

    Just as he got the message off, however, another large ship decloaked in front of them and immediately it latched onto Sha'no's vessel. Tak didn't like that one bit and he liked it even less when five small fighters emerged from the docking bay and attacked him!

    All right, enough was enough - no more Mr. Nice Guy.

    Gripping the controls tightly, Tak slid in and out from between the enemy, dodging shots while his proton torpedoes charged up. This was going to get messy. The small fighters had minimal shielding and Tak quickly blasted the first couple into oblivion. A well placed shot rocked his ship from behind and he pulled hard on the controls, spinning around to fire, just missing a third fighter.

    Just then, a sensation came from inside the large vessel.

    The wookiee howled and grabbed her around the waist and began to squeeze her in a terrible bearhug. Losing breath fast, Sha'no hoped Tak could come help her. She struggled against the great strength of the wookiee, but soon her head began to feel heavy, and sleep was calling her name...

    Unwilling to play around any longer, he summoned the Force and sent out an intense electro-magnetic pulse which fried the systems of the small fighters, leaving them dead in space. It mattered not that life support would also be cut off to the pilots - they had chosen their fate.

    The docking bay door started to close, but a proton torpedo in just the right place stopped them. However, there simply wasn't enough space to get his fighter into the bay, so he threw caution to the wind and rammed his fighter in - forcing the thing to fit. The impact took off the top of the fighter, and the powerless vessel skidded haplessly across the hangar floor. Tak leapt out, blade in hand and sliced the weapons of several guards into pieces. Another blast from the Force sent the guards sprawling the length of the hangar.

    Landing on his feet, Tak staggered - he had been drinking quite a LOT the last few weeks - but he kept his footing and raced toward the docking area. Just outside her ship, he found Senator Ryn being smothered by a large, angry Wookiee. Without any preamble, Tak ripped them apart with the Force, careful not to hurt the senator, but uncaring what happened to the furball. The wookiee roared as he slammed into the wall and in another instant, Tak had removed the foul creature's arm and kicked him in the head, knocking loose a few sharp teeth.

    His blade hummed and sizzled centimeters from the wookiee's face, Tak growling as he took in quick, short breaths. "I've had enough of this! We are looking to save someone and if you lie I will make you suffer before life leaves you. If you must refuse, say nothing at all, but by the Force, if you say something, it had better be the truth! What have the blood pirates done with Senator Kree's assistant?" Fire was white hot beneath his eyes and when several armed men appeared, lightning shotforth from Tak's fingers, scorching them to near death.


    Tag: Lauren_solo, Ktala

    OOC: So much for Mr. Nice Guy indeed. :D
  9. Lauren_Solo Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 22, 2007
    star 1
    IC ? Sha?no Ryn
    Dega space


    As Sha?no was about to lose conciousness, she saw Tak appear out of nowhere. Without any preamble, Tak ripped them apart with the Force, careful not to hurt the senator, but uncaring what happened to the furball. The wookiee roared as he slammed into the wall and in another instant, Tak had removed the foul creature's arm and kicked him in the head, knocking loose a few sharp teeth.

    His blade hummed and sizzled centimeters from the wookiee's face, Tak growling as he took in quick, short breaths. "I've had enough of this! We are looking to save someone and if you lie I will make you suffer before life leaves you. If you must refuse, say nothing at all, but by the Force, if you say something, it had better be the truth! What have the blood pirates done with Senator Kree's assistant?" Fire was white hot beneath his eyes and when several armed men appeared, lightning shotforth from Tak's fingers, scorching them to near death.


    Sha?no was taken aback at Tak?s fierceness, but she also found it quite exillerating to have him in her presense. His lightsaber was troubling, however. He couldn?t possibly be another Sith? Could he? Like Palpatine?

    Biting her lower lip, she looked at the blade again and it was not red. Weren?t the Sith supposed to have red blades? Vader had a red blade. Still, from what Sha?no knew of Tak, from seeing her dance and speaking briefly in the past, she knew he couldn?t be bad.

    She about to say something when the wookie spoke. ?All I know is that the pirates are looking to make money back from the huge amount they lost betting on a race in the last season.?

    ?Why?? Sha?no asked. ?Why do they have to kidnap someone??

    ?The pirates blame their losses on several things, I don?t know what ? all I know is what?s whispered about and that?s that they wanted to grab someone to get back some of their money. That?s all I know.?

    ?I don?t believe him, Tak,? she whispered in his ear. ?But please don?t kill him. No one deserves execution. By the way, thank you for rescuing me.? She kissed him on the cheek, secretly wanting to kiss him till he turned blue.

    Tag: Tak, Ktala
  10. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Nava Kree
    Heading towards Xagobah, aboard the Thorn[/b]

    Nava's ship shot out of space dock, and into the main traffic of Coruscant. She found a ship to shadow behind until she reached open space, and then she let her jump engines sing, as she moved to leave the system as fast as she could. She hated leaving Shawn behind, but he had a way to find her.

    Meanwhile, she would need to get to the coordinates that Tak had mentioned to her. She tried not to worry about Pol, as she relaxed in her seat, happy to once more be doing the the thing she loved best... flying.

    Flooring her controls, Nava made her way to the coordinates that Tak had given her. She kept her ship as hidden as best she could, until the last minute, when hopefullly she would be with Tak. She broadcasted quickly, using the text only of her machine.

    "On way. Will wait at coordinates. I Find you.

    Even thought her tiny ship was fast, and built for speed, it would still take her some time to catch up. Nava concentrated on getting there.





    Pol

    It was dark. It was dirty. And didnt these long-legs believe in bathing? The ships air was fowl. He didnt know anything. The last thing he remembered was being on the shuttle, the ship shaking and tossing him about like a rag doll, and then, darkness. No sounds, except for the sound of air hissing at him. They had not spoken to him. He had not seen his captures. He could only hope his message made it to someone. Pol sat on the metal bunk, and hoped that his message had been heard,



    TAG:Brentus, J-Solo, whoever...
  11. Mister_Master Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Oct 17, 2007
    star 6
    OOC:from my last post forget that Torco Asked the other senators if they were coming to his party. For the reason of I want to be able to do the party and if I don't do it now its going to be too late.

    IC: Torco Bastra
    Torco's Party

    Torco Left Ximinos, went to his apartment, changed into his ceremonial robes, and left for his party.

    Torco Arrived just as the first few guests were arriving. Alan was already at the door ready to great them. Torco hurried over to Alan as if he wasn't late. "Your late, Sir" Alan said when Torco was standing next to him. "I know, I had trouble getting these robes on." Before Alan could reply, Torco turned around and went inside. Alan did a good job with decorating. He thought while looking around the room. Strait back from where he was standing, there was a stage, with a podium, and the only chair in the room. To his left was the refreshments, and to his right a bar. Torco walked over, ordered a Corellian Ale, and began mingling with the guests.

    Tag: Guests, Everyone is invited.
  12. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    OOC: I see an important issue for the Chief Justice in this Senate session. Sorry I didn't check in on it earlier; it's been Work Hell for me the last few weeks. Anyway, here I go rolling a hand grenade into the session... :D

    For the purposes of this post I'm assuming Bakura is in fact part of the New Republic.

    IC - Denningas Blackstone
    Chief Justice of the New Republic


    Justice Centre,
    Coruscant


    The Chief Justice took a last look down through the transparisteel viewport to the crowd below.

    Fortunately -- or unfortunately -- they were comprised of reporters and news organisations one and all, and not people calling for his head. Although there'd be plenty of people willing to do that once this press conference was through and done. Denningas took a last look at the flimsy he held in his hand, asking himself for about the sixth hundred time whether he really wanted to do this.

    The problem was that he had little choice but to do so. Periods of emergency needed dramatic demonstrations for people to be heard. And this issue had to be heard. The Senate's emergency laws had passed through so quickly and with so little judicial consideration that they would undoubtedly pass this law just as quickly -- unless the constituency of the New Republic understood exactly what was being asked.

    He didn't like having to do so. Had he not been a judge, or even a lawyer, he could have easily stood silent and applauded the proposition. But he was Chief Justice, stars preserve him, and his allegiance was to the rule of law, which ultimately held the Republic together as much as the rule of democracy.

    Blackstone turned to the turbolift and seconds later was at the ground floor. The arcflashes of photographers met him as he walked steadily out of the Justice Centre to meet the conference.
    "Chief Justice! What's this--"
    "Are you intending--"
    "Do you have a view on--"

    He raised his hand for calm, and wonder of wonders, they shut up. The audio recorders were in his face, and he could see the dark eyes of the cameras peering intently at him.

    Blackstone took a deep breath. "Thank you for coming, ladies and gentlemen. I apologise for calling you here at such short notice. My statement will be brief."

    He turned to the flimsy he held, and read from it. "It has come to the attention of my office that a proposed bill being placed before the Senate shortly intends to seek the Senate's ratification of the extradition and trial of one Gorgos Olian, former governor of Bakura, for a trial to be held by the Justice Department of the New Republic.

    It is the view of the Chief Justice's office that this bill is unconstitutional and violates the rights contained in the New Republic Constitution.

    The bill is viewed as unconstitutional since it offends against the right of sovereign systems within the new Republic to determine their own affairs, including their judicial affairs. My understanding is that the local judiciary on Bakura has not ratified or approved any extradition of the former governor to face trial in the New Republic. To do so without the consent of local authorities in my view amounts therefore to an infringement on that system's right to govern itself. For this bill to be passed would amount to a breach of the Constitution, and I propose to advise the Senate of the same when it resumes its sittings in less than one week. That's all.
    "

    "Chief Justice! Jann Dorrs, from the Galactic Standard: why are you publishing your views ahead of time in this way? Why not wait until the Senate sits?"

    Blackstone looked at the reporter. "Because of the subject matter. This office does not wish to have its voice drowned out by unproven allegations against the governor being aired in the Senate. Whatever the popular view, Olian has the right to a fair trial, but Bakura also has the right to determine its own affairs. Imposing an extradition upon a sovereign system that has not consented to or sought the New Republic's
  13. ForceForever Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2008
    star 1
    IC: Bellial Del?eau
    Location: Del?eau apartment


    Bellial was more then a little disappointed at the Brentaal Ambassador?s reply, but she figured that there were more qualified beings to do that sort of work who were already doing it.

    She didn?t even know why she was so determined to get involved in this situation. It just felt like the right thing to do. People were in need of help and she wanted to give it.

    She picked up her comlink and opened a channel to her office.

    ?Bezee, has my personal ship arrived??

    ?Affirmative Madame Senator, it is has been docked in one of the Senate?s private hangers.?

    ?Good, have it readied I am going on a little trip.?

    ?At once Madame Senator.?

    She closed down the comlink. If she could help with the investigation, and the least she could do was help out with the casualties. She brought up a navchart. Correllia was closer then Eriadu was. She intended to go there first.
    Packing a small bag she called an air taxi.

    Half an hour later.

    She stowed her bag in her ships small cargo hold then climbed up into the cockpit. After her preflight checks she started her engines. They hummed to life in an instant. Her ship, a custom built snubfighter based on an old Jedi Starfighter design, was fast and agile. She had named it the Kana, after the Keelkana?s of her home world. An R6-D8 droid served as the navcomp, and the hyperdrive was rated at a class 0.8. It should only take her a couple of hours to reach Correllia.

    She had sent off a message to a colleague of hers at the Coronet Medcenter while in the air taxi. His response had been quick and direct.

    ?All help appreciated.?


    Gaining clearance from Coruscant Space traffic control, Bellial kicked the repulsers on, and the Kana rose into the air. In moments she achieved orbit, and then cleared Coruscant?s gravity shadow.

    The Kana jumped to hyperspace En Route to Corellia.

    Tag: No One


    The Kana
    [image=http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/135/thekanajq9.jpg]
  14. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

    Member Since:
    May 4, 2003
    star 8
    OCC: From tomorrow, May 31st, until June 10th, I will have no internet access. Therefore, I am taking a Leave of Absence for that entire period. The post that follows is therefore my set-up for the upcoming legislative session. Speaking of which, since I am a sponsor of two of the bills, I would appreciate it if debate on them did not begin at any point that was significantly prior to my return. I look forward to seeing you all on the other side.

    IC: Senator Jarath Natal of Nubia
    Industrial Automaton Executive Offices, Rordis City


    ?Our best lead is currently a man from the slums, who reports seeing the Senator frequent one of the soup kitchens for the homeless,? finished the aide.

    That was enough to pull Aduzi?s eyes away from a meticulously played game of solitaire.

    At the quizzical glance, he said by way of explanation, ?Sir, he also reports spending his afternoon in wrestling matches with former head of the Techno Union Wat Tambor.?

    Aduzi cursed silently, and were he a more temporal man would?ve done so aloud. As it was, he merely laid down the next card with an added bit of forcefulness. No wonder Mheri had been so confident. There was no solid history, no medical records, and an independently funded campaign with no apparent source of wealth. Of course, with the exception of the final point, all existed on paper. Yet, none of them had proven easy to verify, or follow to other, substantive leads. The immediate problem was that it made opposition research almost impossible. The longer term implications were still more troubling.

    ?For now, I?ll keep pressing the money angle with Natal. In the meantime, keep digging. I want you to transfer this investigation to Red Protocol. Keep careful tabs on how PharmCorp responds,? he said.

    This is probably why Mheri had allowed the meeting. His initial estimate had been that PharmCorp had some ace in the hole that would tie Natal to them regardless of political necessity. While that was still a strong possibility, a different rationale for Mheri?s self-assured behavior was emerging. It was possible that IA?s angle of attack was unworkable, that there was simply no intelligence to be had on Natal?s colleagues. Certainly, opposition research had proved a nightmare to date, even with the best private investigators available. There was a fundamental question of how to proceed.

    ?You think that?ll be a worthwhile investment, then?? his aide replied.

    The reality is they had little choice. If there was an inside angle, PharmCorp had a monopoly on it. Politically, if Industrial Automaton couldn?t deliver for Natal, then they didn?t have a leg to stand on. In that light, they were only playing the cards the were dealt.

    ?The seven,? interrupted his aide, breaking into his reverie. ?You?re over-looking the seven.? He had.

    Instead of any of the above, he replied, ?I think that regardless of what?s useful to Natal, mining this Vedis fellow will prove important. Historically, we only have one model for a politician from Naboo that emerges from the shadows to play an increasingly central role in Galactic politics. The rabid populism is also suggestive of something troublesome. Discovering his motivations will be well worth it.?

    As he laid down the six card, he realized that what he ad just said rung true to his own ears. ?Other issues aside, we know that he wants political independence. There are clear indicators of that. We can peel him off some way, and if nothing else, the amount of money we?re spending is a signal of our willingness.?


    PharmCorp Executive Headquarters, Nuba City

    Mheri hissed. Either the tea was too hot, he didn?t like the news, or both. At some level, it was immaterial. It wasn?t wise to be in the old man?s path when he was irritated. Instead, the aide just sat in uncomfortable silence, waiting for something new to happen.

    Surely enough, Mheri eventually spoke, though it was a paragon of understatement. ?Blast,? he started simply. It was distant an unemotional, punctuating the end of />
  15. BrentusofGath Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 12, 2005
    star 4
    IC - Tak Vedis
    Wookiee ship


    "Why?" Sha'no asked. "Why do they have to kidnap someone?"

    "The pirates blame their losses on several things, I don't know what - all I know is what's whispered about and that's that they wanted to grab someone to get back some of their money. That's all I know."

    "I don't believe him, Tak," she whispered in his ear. "But please don't kill him. No one deserves execution. By the way, thank you for rescuing me." She kissed him on the cheek.


    Tak sighed. Execution was for those acts so heinous that society dare not condone them by inaction. It was a sad fact of late that people no longer understood that by and large, beings do not change, and that if you tolerate the criminal element that merely allows for further perversions of true justice.

    However, he complied with her wishes. "I would take a look at what you've lost," Tak told the wookiee, "and ponder on what could have been lost. Then I would suggest a cold, hard look at yourself in the nearest mirror and think about amending your ways." He kicked the furball in the teeth again, knocking him unconscious.

    "We aren't very much further than we were before this excursion began," he said frustratedly to no one in particular. "There must be some evidence on this ship since your friend suggested we speak to this tightlipped walking carpet."

    His datapad bleeped with an incoming message from Nava. On way. Will wait at coordinates. I Find you.

    He sent Nava a reply: We're on a rather large uncloaked ship where I believe we may be able to find some information if we look hard enough. I hope to see you here soon.

    "Shall we rummage?" he asked Sha'no casually.


    Tag: Ktala, Lauren_solo
  16. ForceForever Jedi Youngling

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2008
    star 1
    IC: Bellial Del?eau
    Location: Coronet, Corellia

    ?As you can see Doctor Del?eau? or is it Senator??

    Bellial dismissed Doctor Siegfried?s question.

    ?Right now it is Doctor. I am here as a healer not a politician.?

    He nodded and seemed a bit relieved.

    ?We have had a little over three hundred cases of trace exposure to Pylox-W, and most have responded well to conventional Bacta treatment. Unfortunately there is a group that, due to either too much exposure or an allergy to Bacta, we have been unable to treat.?

    Bellial followed the Doctor through the hallways of the Coronet Medcenter. It was good to be back in a Medical facility even if it wasn?t her own. Doctor Siegfried seemed a competent fellow, and had managed the tragedy well.

    ?Through here Doctor Del?eau.?

    She stepped through the doors into a large room with about fifty beds in it. All of them had occupants that the Medcenter had been unable to treat. The Force teamed with the echo of defeat, and the level of melancholy was staggering.

    ?Nurse Bialystock and Bloom will assist you in any way they can, and our facility is completely at your disposal. May the Force be with you Doctor.?

    With that Doctor Siegfried turned and departed to tend to his own duties. Bellial turned to the two nurses.

    ?Let?s get started. Shall we??

    Tag: Anyone that wants to interact or help.
  17. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Hey alls, sorry for the absence as of late. Been a busy week and a busy weekend to boot. The last bits of info will come to you probably tomorrow, and the June session will start probably about a day or so into June.

    Get ready gents!

    :)

    -I_H
  18. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Nava Kree
    Aboard the Thorn, heading for ..

    As Nava headed for her homeworld, thinking of Pol, she played with the bracelet on her arm. Her panic switch. She was far away from her bodyguard now, but she hoped he at least was monitoring things. She hated to leave him, but she simply HAD to find Pol, and he would want to do things through channels. And she didnt want to wait.

    Her thoughts were interrupted with a bleep on her ships comlink. She looked over. It was from Tak! She read it carefully.


    ["We're on a rather large uncloaked ship where I believe we may be able to find some information if we look hard enough. I hope to see you here soon."]

    She received the coordinates. She scratched her head, as she re-read his message. 'WE?' Who else was along for the ride, she wondered.

    Nava entered in the new coordinates, and gripped her controls. With the determination, as if she were flying her pod, she whipped her ship through the travel lanes, pushing her hyperdrive to the maximum as she made her way towards the coordinates given to her.

    In a short time, she came upon one rather large ship. As she drew closer, her eyes went wide. two smaller vessels, that appeared to be fighter type vessels, were floating dead in space. The larger vessel, had DEFINATELLY taken battle damage. As a mater of fact, the docking bay looked as if something had been used as a battering ram against it.

    Hoping that this was the correct vessel, Nava slowly and carefully approached the vessel. When she came close, she sent out a coded message to Tak.

    "Tak. Its Nava. Im here....I think.." she stated softly, as she waited to see where he was located. She hoped he was still in one piece, as she stared at the damage around her.



    Tag: BrentusofGath, Lauren_solo
  19. BrentusofGath Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 12, 2005
    star 4
    IC - Tak Vedis
    large vessel


    The rest of the large ship appeared empty - almost no guards or other indivduals present. Something was definitely fishy in Denmark. Tak was trying to gain access to the ship's main computer when the sensors detected another vessel closing on their position. It looked kind of like a podracer built for space travel. Tak smirked as he had a pretty good idea who it was even before his datapad bleeped with an encrypted message.

    "Tak. Its Nava. Im here....I think.."

    Opening the comm., Tak set it to a wide frequency, knowing Nava would at least recognize his voice. "You have it right, mistress. Dock and we can hunt for that item you inquired about - sorry the facilities are in a poor state of repair." He hoped she'd glom onto the understanding because she had sent an encrypted message, he felt she wanted to keep things on the low key.


    Tag: Ktala, Laurie
  20. Lauren_Solo Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 22, 2007
    star 1
    IC - Sha'no Ryn


    The rest of the large ship appeared empty - almost no guards or other indivduals present. Something was definitely fishy in Denmark.

    Tak was trying to gain access to the ship's main computer when the sensors detected another vessel closing on their position. It looked kind of like a podracer built for space travel.

    Sha'no peeked over his shoulder to look at the new ship as well. It was beginning to bother her how quiet everything was, like someone was waiting for them or something. Then Tak opened the Comm unit and spoke.

    "You have it right, mistress. Dock and we can hunt for that item you inquired about - sorry the facilities are in a poor state of repair."

    "Are you sure that's such a good idea?" she asked when he was finished. "We don't know if there are hostile people in that ship. Of course, with that lightsaber and those... Jedi powers, I guess you'll handle anymore hostiles." She baited him with the pause in her speech, hoping he'd come clean with her.

    Looking around, the ship could use the touch of a woman. It was a mess, only males must have lived there. A small computer console looked like it was open, even though Tak was busy with the main one. Sha'no went over to it and much to her surprise it was unlocked! However, the memory had been wiped totally clean. "Shavit!" she swore as her nimble fingers worked over the keyboard.

    A few fragments of data popped up. A name and a list of coordinates! "Raffety - 39-58-632."

    There was also what appeared to be the remains of a recent transmission.

    ["Thats right. Payment of 392,700 creds *** successful delivery of target. ** YOU just need to hold *** Stanz for a few more days. Then you get..****"]

    "Tak! she practically squealed, "take a look at this!" Sha'no hoped it wasn't just old data.



    Tag: Tak, Ktala
  21. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Nava Kree
    Aboard the Thorn, heading for .. trouble


    Tak. Its Nava. Im here....I think.."

    As she stared at the damage around her, she heard Tak's voice on the comlink.

    ["You have it right, mistress. Dock and we can hunt for that item you inquired about - sorry the facilities are in a poor state of repair."]

    She was about to ask what in the world he was smoking, when she gave a soft laugh. She had sent an encrypted message. He was on wide band. He was playing the part, in case other ears were listening. She smiled.

    "Got that. Docking now..." she replied, as she gave a smile. This should be interesting she thought to herself as she guided her ship towards the docking port.

    Carefully so as not to get snagged on any parts floating about, she docked her tiny vessel on to the huge ship. She tucked her blaster back into its hiding spot, and threw on a cover to hide her overalls. Pulling her ears back, she slapped cap on her head, and carefully opened the door.

    The smell that hit her nostrils nearly knocked her off her feet. Was that...WOOKIEE!. PHEW!. Nava shuddered, as she stepped inside, feeling a bit cold as she did. She had seen garbage vessels kept up better. 'Why did it have to be a Wookiee?' she thought to herself as she walked slowly. She wondered if it was related to the other one...

    She carefully stepped inside, and began to look for Tak, she gave a small chirp as she tried to locate him. Figuring he would most likely be looking for information, she would try the main part of the ship.

    Soon she came across the body of a very unfortunate Wookiee. He smelt like burnt fur, and didnt look to well. Nava swallowed hard, and then turned, looking for Tak once more. She picked up talking and movement, so she slowly headed in the direction of the sounds.

    She then heard a voice. A definately female voice, speak out.

    "Tak!" she practically squealed, "take a look at this!"

    Tak? Well, at least he seemed to be alright. More than all right, from the sound of things. Nava slowly came into the area, looking around. She saw Tak, and a female..

    Wait a carmudgen...wasnt she a Senator also? This was getting confusing. Nava pulled up her cap.

    "Tak. Find anything?" she asked, as she looked at the pair.



    Tag: BrentusofGath, Lauren_solo
  22. BrentusofGath Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 12, 2005
    star 4
    IC - Tak Vedis
    Wookiee ship


    Tak's attention was drawn by Sha'no's voice. He looked over to the small console she was on and saw what she was talking about. "Raffety - 39-58-632." ["Thats right. Payment of 392,700 creds *** successful delivery of target. ** YOU just need to hold *** Stanz for a few more days. Then you get..****"]

    Interesting. How could anyone be so careless as to wipe the memory from the computer, and yet leave fragments of the important information they were trying to wipe - unless of course they were interrupted, or that wasn't a very important piece of information.

    Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a Xamster entering the room slowly. It was Nava. "Tak. Find anything?" she asked, as she looked at the pair.

    "Possibly," he replied. "A list of possible coordinates, a name and a piece of communication that may or may not relate to your assistant's disappearance." He checked the time stamp on the message fragment and motioned for her to come over. "This is newly elected Senator Sha'no Ryn, Sha'no, this is Senator Nava Kree," finished with the introductions, he turned back to Nava "she uh, intercepted the message I sent you by mistake. A mistake for which I am responsible and humbly seek your forgiveness - I can personally vouch for Senator Ryn, as we have been acquainted in the past." Turning his eyes back to the message fragment, he clacked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "The timeframe does indeed fit with your missing assistant. Do these coordinates mean anything to you?"

    He looked at his chrono. How quickly time flew. "Senator Kree, as important as it is that we find Pol alive and well, serving justice is what has called us to serve the New Republic. Our bill for the extradition of Gorgos Olian will be up for debate soon and I can think of no one better to defend our position than you. I promise I will not rest and use every avenue at my command to find Pol and return him safely to you." He didn't want to tell her just what kind of avenues he had at his command - not yet. Sha'no already knew too much, and then there was Azervado and his assistant. Things were getting crowded in the know.


    Tag: Ktala, Lauren_solo
  23. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: And with my latest round of PMs, we are ready to start session again! Conservatives: PM me if I missed you on the feelings for your planets on the upcoming bills. Additionally, your bills did not have the bonus and world opinions on them. You?ll get them hopefully by the end of this upcoming week. Someone bug me if I forget this. ;)

    And PM me if you have any questions.... or if I missed something. This post was tweaked in a rather sleepy state. :p

    -I_H

    IC: Start of the June Session
    Location: The Senate Chamber

    It was a mostly sunny day in the Legislative District, a few large fluffy clouds piercing the blue of the Coruscant sky. Quite different from the peace above was the chaos below, as the Senate area was awash with police and law enforcement from all over the planet. The nerves of the people were on edge, and the government agencies had taken the liberty to implement some new policies to protect themselves.

    There were no reporters to greet the Senators as they arrived in the hall. They were not being allowed past the security barriers. Eventually the police would have to find ways to screen them so that they could view, but for now, they were stuck. Staff was largely in the same predicament, though body-guards would be allowed, unarmed. Although many did not normally notice the reporters and the supporting staff, their absence made the hall noticeably more empty.

    The agendas for this session were stacked on a table outside the doors to the Hall. It outlined the schedule for the session, namely SRs 7 through 9 in numerical order.

    Once the clock had passed the scheduled time for debate to begin, the Deputy of the Senate, the Chief of Security for the Senate Building and enforcer of the technical rules for the proceedings, approached the main dais. It was his job to being the fairly ceremonial proceedings. He was dressed in old fashion Senate Guard Armor, and carried a ceremonial force pike.

    The man procured a large bell from his pocket and rang it vigorously.

    ?Hear ye, Hear ye!? he said, his voice filling the Senate Chamber. ?To all ye beings of the Galaxy. With this bell, the second session of the 19th Galactic Senate does hereby open for debate. In accordance with the Constitution of the New Republic, the floor does promote the honorable Majority Leader, Senator Vegor Zaller of Kuat, to the position of Moderator for this session. In addition, the floor does recognize in attendance the Chancellor the New Republic, the Honorable Territha of Kashyyyk and the Chief Justice of the New Republic, the Honorable Justice Blackstone of Alderaan.

    He paused.

    And now, it is my honor as Deputy of the Senate to yield the floor to the Majority Leader and open debate on Senate Resolution #7, the Authorization for the Extradition of Gorgos Olian.

    The man stepped back to the applause of the other Senators present, and the Majority Leader assumed his position. It was now time for debate to begin, and the podium stood open for the first Senator to take the initiative.

    TAG: EVERYONE

    And here's SR7:

    Senate Resolution #7


    Bill Title:
    Extradition of Gorgos Olian

    Author: Senator Tak Vedis

    Co-Author: Senator Nava Kree

    Contents: The former governor of Bakura, Gorgos Olian, should be tried in the New Republic. His corruption trial will be influenced on Bakura by many of his political appointees, many of whom - it is alleged - were given substantial bribes, by the former governor.

    The sovereign system of Naboo does not believe Olian can receive a fair, unbiased trail on his homeworld, therefore we call upon the Senate to enact a resolution to bring him to Coruscant to stand trial.

    Funding: Funding for the transfer to Coruscant of the accused will be paid by the personal account of the Author of this bill, Senator Tak Vedis.

    Enforcement: If the sovereign government of Bakura resists, it will be the position of the />/>
  24. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 14, 2002
    star 5
    OOC: I'm just going to write off the previous month

    IC: Senator Donnoc
    Location: Galactic Senate

    The lepi was unsure of how he was going to deal with this resolution over the extradition of the former Bakuran governor.
    He also, did not know where his young aide, Ms Gwen "bury me in a Y-shaped coffin" Treadaway was, but that was another story.

    Anyway, prior to Chief Justice Blackstone's surprise comments to the media, he had had no objection to the Bill, but the man's points had resonated within the Coachelle politician, and he was feeling more wary on the subject.

    Additionally, what was the Naboo senator's personal interest in the case?

    He could not figure it, but...but, there was something about Vedis that set off Donnoc's internal IntLiSS (Interfering Little So-and-So) alarms.

    He stood up and looked across to the Naboo pod. With its filter on, he could not see if it was even occupied or not. Still, he pressed ahead.

    "Coachelle would like to know what Naboo's specific interest in Bakuran affairs is, for the Senator to put this resolution forward? There seems to be something that Senator Vedis is not telling us?"

    Tag: Vedis, Senate
  25. BrentusofGath Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 12, 2005
    star 4
    IC - Ashil Furn
    Senate chambers


    When the senator from Coachelle was finished, Ashil decided it would be the ideal time to voice her reservations for the first time to the entire senate. Standing, she cleared her throat before speaking. "I too have concerns about this proposal in light of what the Chief Justice has to say. He is a learned man and deserving of our full attention. If our esteemed Chief Justice thinks this is goes against our beloved Constitution, then I say it is worth looking at again.

    "I too am concerned as to Senator Vedis's interest in this case. He will 'pay' for the extradition? Seems like something personal in this, Senator. We would like to know exactly what you stand to gain from this - no, we demand to know, Senator Vedis! What can the New Republic possibly gain by trying to violate the Constitution?"

    Satisfied that her words had been heard, Ashil sat down and scribbled a quick note to Senator Rastor: Now might be a propitious time for your voice to be heard on this as well.


    Tag: Pullus, senate, Me :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.