main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Galactic Senate RPG - [August] *In Session*

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    IC - Tak Vedis

The device that Nava had given Tak was also beeping now. It would grow quiet for awhile, and then suddenly start up again with a flurry. It would not take Tak long to track down the signals he was searching for.

Closing his eyes, Tak decided to ignore the technology before him and simply feel the space around him. There was a ship, a cloaked ship nearby... a dozen or so beings occupied it. But he couldn't tell exactly where it was.

A strange, faint noise echoed silently in the dead of eternal night. It wasn't random enough to be background noise - there was an almost distinct pattern. Just then, the code he'd recognized from before crackled on his comm unit. There was a rythme to the undulations of space as this heavier transmission created subspace wakes as it went. The code dragged Tak's vision toward an empty area in the system.

Without thinking, Tak switched his power cells on and off, making it appear power was fluctuating, then finally turned it all off, including life support. His monitor went dead, but he concentrated on the Force, hoping the pirate ship wouldn't be able to pass up an opportunity for looting a damaged vessel.

Tag: Ktala

[b]IC - Ashil Furn[/b]
    [i]Senate chamber[/i]

This hadn't exactly been what she'd expected when she joined the Senate. There was very little debate going on about these bills. Still, she wasn't there to run her mouth, she was there to get things done for the people who had selected her to sit in this lofty position.

Sliding her datacard into the proper slot, she hesitated for but a moment before pressing [color=green][b]Yay[/b][/color]. She wasn't terribly thrilled with this bill, and it gave far too much to the corporations, but she was determined to beat Senator Vedis at his game - whatever his game was - and take back power for her own party, and to do it she was more than willing to go along with the conservatives... for a time.

She certainly hoped Senator [b]Natal[/b] would appreciate her support. Raising an eyebrow, it occured to her to seek out the brash young senator and see if he could be made to see reason... and leave the crusty old conservatives behind... in time.

Stepping from her pod, she walked quickly toward [b]Natal's[/b], hoping to catch him before he voted and left.

[b]Tag: Jabba-wocky[/b]

2. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Name: Kez Mitth
    Species: Nautolan
    Appearance: Green skin, wide black eyes,
    Personality: Hard worker and charismatic, believes in new ideas for the galaxy. He understands his people
    Schooling: Coruscanti School of Law, Glee Anselm Schooling, Jedi Order
    Bio: Brought up on Glee Anselm Kez was known for his intelligence and charisma. He was a natural leader for his country. He was known as Force Sensative and trained to become a jedi. However, after his trials he realized that the Jedi Order was not his true calling and ran for office for Glee Anselm.

Politics
    Representative For: Glee Anselm
    Party: Liberal
    Personal Platform: He believes that one should have a personal understanding for his or her Planet. He understands his planet's problems and fights for them actively. He also believes in government programs and strong government funding thus being a liberal.

3. Master_Burhead

Master_Burhead Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    Name: Brakin Almiston
    Species: Human
    Appearance: Eye patch (missing eye), scars on his arms/face, scruffy beard, muscular/athletic build, wears his military fatigues instead of formal wear, etc
    Personality: Loner, cold, can be charismatic at times, excellent mind
    Schooling: Imperial Academy (Dropped out), New Republic Military Academy, New Republic Fleet Academy, various regional military schools.
    Bio: Brakin was born to a upper class family on Coruscant. His family is considered one of the Republic's top military families. At a very young age Brakin was brought up in a conservative minded home, he was taught everything about military life his father could teach. When he started school his father sent him to private military schools for children.

Around this time the Galactic Civil War was just starting to heat up. When he was eighteen he applied for, and was accepted to the Imperial Academy to continue his family's tradition. During his time there he became increasingly supportive of the Rebel Alliance.

He stayed in the Academy till his last week where he defected and joined the Rebel Alliance. He served with the Rebel ground forces till he was captured by Storm Troopers. During his captivity the Imperials tortured him even going as far as removing his eye.

After he was rescued he became a leader in waging guerrilla warfare against the Empire. This was around the time he was starting to bore of army life; he applied for a transfer for the Rebel Fleet and was approved.

His last major action of the Civil War was the Battle of Endor. When the New Republic was founded he continued serving in the Defense Forces before being asked to run for Senate.

On a side note, Brakin has refused any cybernetic or other medical practices to undo many of his battle scars. Second he is in excellent shape for a man his age as he works out daily with active duty soldiers in the NRDF.

Politics
    Representative For: Coruscant
    Party: Conservative Party
    Personal Platform: low taxes, strong Defense/Security Apparatus, freedom to bear blasters, assertive foreign policy, etc

[image=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/Tylo856/tighs3.jpg]

4. Master_Burhead

Master_Burhead Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    (OOC: This post is introducing my character.)

IC:

**At the home of Brakin Almiston**

His home was sparatan, no pictures or furniture except for essential items such as a table, a chair or two, and a bed. The house had a single bedroom, small kitchen/eating area, one bathroom, and a spare room which Brakin turned into a office. No pictures were hung save for the occasional medal and such.

Outside was a small gym of sorts, complete with weight training equipment and other exercise equipment. Brakin had just completed his early morning workout as he came back into the house wiping the sweat from his face with a towel.

He entered the kitchen and poured himself a glass of ice water and went into the living area, his comm station was started blaring alerting him of a message. He finished the water and approached the station and activated it;

2 New Messages From.

New Republic Defense Force, Department of Personnel
    Regional Conservative Party of Coruscant, Galactic Conservative Party

He opened the message from the Defense Force first.

*Holo Opens*

"Captain Almiston, the Personnel Department has received and processed your retirement papers and have placed you in the inactive reserve force. Let me be the first to thank you for all of your service for the Rebel Alliance and New Republic. May you enjoy you well earned retirement my friend."

*Holo Ends*

Brakin leaned back in his chair and stroked his beard; his entire life, his career; his family had just ended with that one simple holo. "Better not cry over something that must be done," He muttered as he opened the next message;

*Holo Opens*

"Greetings Captain Almiston,

The Regional Conservative Party of Coruscant has recognized your service to our Republic. We send our best wishes to you. For sometime now we have been trying to get you to enter the Senate, the Coruscant Senator has retired and the seat is empty. We, and by extension the Galactic Conservative Party, ask that you again consider taking the position. If you do please respond to this holo.

May the Force be with You."

*Holo Ends*

Brakin hadn't paid any attention to the message until he heard that galaxy wide party wanted him to serve. For the past few months it had been only the regional party asking him to enter politics. He hadn't really be interested in politics and never trusted a politician but if he took the position he could improve the resources and aid programs to his fellow soldiers.

"I don't have nothing else to do, and I have to choose between the lesser of two evils I suppose. He thought as he started typing in his message to the Conservative Party;

"To Whom it May Concern,

I have gotten your recent holo message, and I would first like to first thank you for your warm wishes in my retirement. Second in the past you have tried to get me to enter politics and each time I refused.

I now believe its time to accept the position, I would like to say thank you for placing your trust in me and I hope I don't let you down."

Brakin than sent the message and got up and headed to his small bedroom. He quickly changed out of his work out work out clothes and into his favorite pair of military fatigues. His fatigues were faded, torn, and one could see quite clearly Brakin had patched over the larger holes in order to keep them useful. The last thing he did was buckle on his DL-44 and left his home.

Tag: Anyone really

(OOC: By regional conservative party I envision the two parties have planetary based parties similar to how the Republican and Democratic parties have state parties.)

5. RebellionSoldier

RebellionSoldier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2006
    *GM APPROVED*

Name: Imali Rostu V

Species: Human

Appearance: Average height for a Human, dark-skinned and bald. Dark, inquisitive eyes?and a neatly-trimmed beard

Personality: Easy Going and charming, but has an obvious serious side to him. Takes politics very literally and sees himself as noble and honest.

Schooling: University of Corellia and Chandrila Academy of Politics

Bio: Born 32 BBY, Imali Rostu V wasn?t raised with a silver spoon in his mouth like so many other Senators who come from long lines of wealthy nobles. Imali was born into a war-torn society on Haruun Kal which was in the middle of the Clone Wars during his early teenage years. A Korunnai with big dreams was how he grew up. Determined never to get involved in the decades old squabbles between the Balawai and Korunnai peoples.

After the fall of the Republic at the hands of Darth Vader and the Emperor, Imali worked with the Rebellion for a short while as an intelligence officer?gathering information about vital installations under Imperial control. It is during this time period that he came in close contact with various politicians loyal to the rebel cause. Mon Mothma was one of the first to notice Rostu?s potential as a Senator (noting his ability to gather reliable information and make assertive and correct decisions) and said he should apply for enrollment at the Chandrila Academy of Politics located on her home world. A learning center where he would not only read the teachings of immensely democratic figures, but also be in a very anti-Empire environment. Imali carried out his studies for the majority of the Galactic Civil War?and ran for Senator of Haruun Kal shortly after the Battle of Endor.

Imali Rostu V won in a landslide victory. Not that there was much competition though, for Haruun Kal was still suffering from the damages of the Clone Wars. With little to no representation during the reign of the Empire, Haruun Kal fell into disrepair and anarchy. And even though the Summertime War was officially ended thanks to Jedi Master Mace Windu, much turmoil still existed between the Balawai and Korunnai clans. Shortly after his Senatorial victory 3 ABY, at the age of 35, Imali Rostu V married a beautiful native of Chandrila named Yalasa Mothma?a relative of Mon Mothma?s. They soon had two children, twins, that they named Isra and Imali?the boy named after his father.

Over the years, Imali has received mixed results. But is popular enough that his seat in the Galactic Senate has never really been threatened. He has been praised for reaching across the aisle to get bills passed, due to his charming and astute nature, but criticized for his sporadic outbursts and short-temper. He believes strongly in galactic liberalism, but is not an ideologue?as he understands the need for balance.

Representative For: Haruun Kal
    Party: Liberal
    Personal Platform: Corporate transparency, stronger healthcare system, clamping down on illegal arms sales (major problem on Haruun Kal)

6. RebellionSoldier

RebellionSoldier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2006
    OOC: I guess I'll post an introduction.

IC: Imali Rostu V - Senator Representing the world of Haruun Kal

Pelek Baw
    Government District
    Grand Legislature Building - 20th Floor

Imali Rostu V stood looking out of his office window with a wide grin etched across his face. Today was a day of celebration as it marked the day the Summertime War was ended 22 BBY. Imali was just a young boy then, ten years old in fact. Though those days seemed like distant memories, he couldn't help but realize the impact that it all played on his life. The bitter hatred displayed between the Balawai and Korunnai people is what created his sense of wanting to reach across the aisle in politics.

Beautiful firecrackers raced into the air above the buildings of the new Pelek Baw. Rebuilt and refined with Rostu's help since he first took office 3 ABY. It was midnight now, but Imali could easily see in the dark hundreds of festive people, Korun and Balawai alike dancing and drinking in the streets...some a little too much. The planetary Conservative Party members complained the most during this time of the year, due to the excessive nature of it all. The dancing, the music, the feasts and parties...it was as if Pelek Baw turned into a giant get-together. Imali laughed at the thought of the old-head traditionalists locked away in their villas with their windows shut.

Some Balawai still cling to the past it seems. Imali thought as he prepared to go outside and take part in the celebration. Truth was, he wasn't much of a party animal himself...but he knew when it was time to be serious and time to lay back. The Galactic Senate had just recently gone into recess, and he hadn't even been planetside too long before the event locals called Social Liberation Day started. At least that's what the local Holonet called it, the Korun called it Bata Fever which was the name used most often by those of the younger generation...born after the end of the Summertime War, and grew up under Imperial oversight. It was just a time to party for them, Imali wondered if to a certain extent history had already been forgotten.

There was a soft knock on the door and a tall Korunnai woman appeared in the crack as it opened. "Sir, your wife is on Holovid 3." She said with a sweet touch in her voice.

"Thank you Shara, I almost forget she was going to call." Imali smiled back. He knew Shara, who was his assistant, had a "thing" for him, though it was never spoken on. "You going to celebrate tonight?"

"Of course, I have Bata Fever every year." She laughed and motioned as if she wanted to enter the room but held back. "I have to go."

"Alright...have fun." He waved as she closed the door.

Imali jogged over to his desk and pressed a button that vibrated with a red light...a signal that he had a call. A small blue holo-projector flicked on above his desk and the image of his wife Yalasa Mothma-Rostu appeared. Elegant and serene as she always appeared. "Are you still coming?"

Imali was supposed to be meeting her in the Grand Square in twenty minutes...it was about a three mile walk from his office. It was the most crowded spot in the whole city tonight. "Of course, I was just reading over the bills I'm going to try to push through the Senate when I got back to Coruscant. But I'm walking out now hon."

"Ok...but don't be late. You haven't missed this any year since you helped institute it." She laughed.

"Why would I be late? I'm supposed to be speaking remember." He smiled and waved quickly. "I'll be right there."

"Alright bye." Yalasa waved back and blew him a kiss.

Imali cut the connection and wondered to himself if he would even recognize her when he got there...seeing as how her entire face was covered with paint. Putting on his black and white overcoat, he glanced down at the book lying in the shadow on his desk.

Of Democracy, Probity, and Independence - The Founding of a Galactic Republic

It was an incredibly old book, written around the time of the Unifica

7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    IC: Senator Jarath Natal of Nubia
    Senate Chamber

It was another anemic session. After a somewhat promising start, debate had been minimal to non-existent. Further typical of this session?s trend, voting was proceeding at a plodding pace as well. It, of course, exasperated him at some level. On another, it made his work easy. If silence meant acceptance, he was doing quite well. He had, too, managed to pass most of his desired legislation to date. His concern, though, stemmed from the fact that this bill was the true test of the new environment. It wasn?t enough to just coast.

But nor, particularly, was there anything to do at the moment. So, he contented himself with inserting his ID card, hitting YAY to both the bill and the amendment, and head for his apartment.

As he exited his booth, he was greeted by a towering woman, flanked with an impressive entourage. Having never seen her in person, the name she offered took a moment to click. Then it all came to him: major advocate for Big Labor, new Liberal Party leader, supposedly very active behind the scenes. A potentially fruitful alliance, if he could find converging interests.

Shaking her hand and smiling warmly, eh said, ?Ah, Senator Furn, a pleasure to finally meet you. I trust you are adjusting to the Senate well? How may I be of service??

TAG: BrentusofGath, Anyone

8. windu4

May 15, 2008
    OOC I am little lost where are we?

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: In between political sessions. We spend a month arguing over Galactic Senate bills and resolutions, then can spend a month with our senators doing extra-curricular stuff about the galaxy.

At the moment, we are on the break period, which will likely run till the end of July.

And welcome to the game, Master windu.....er, 4.

10. windu4

May 15, 2008
    IC Kez Mitth

Kez slowly walked through the Galactic Senate hall. He hated to admit it but he was lost. This was literally his first day in office. He was currently in search of his office somewhere in the senate grounds. He spotted a senator talking to antoher.

"Excuse me sir, my name is KEz Mitth senator of Glee Anselm, can you direct me to the office section."

Tag any senator

11. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Welcome New Players. We're in a strange area at the moment. For pre-existing Senators that have not voted, we're in session, waiting on the last Senate vote. For everyone else, we're in the off-session.

Speaking of which: I've gotten 2 registered votes on SR9 (3 with my own). Resolutions need 6 votes to have a quorum. I'm giving this at least 1 more day. If we don't get past this threshold, the resolution automatically fails. :(

So get those votes in people! Pleeeeaaaassssseeee? O:)

-I_H

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    **OOC ALRIGHTY..time for some time warping!- Just wished we had time to debate..* :(

Nava Kree
    Senate Chambers - then leaving for Ximinio's.

Hmmm.

Nava stood up, and asked to be recognized. "Senator Jarath. I have a small question about your bill."

Nava looked at her datapad. "It states that the bill creates a $5 BILLION dollar purse..to be awarded for producing the most important advancement of the year..."

She paused, ears raised slightly..

"Is that 5 BILLION EVERY SINGLE YEAR?"

She asked, pausing to hear the Senator's response.

"You are quite correct, Senator Kree," he said once recognized.

"By way of explanation, most scientific work of any kind, let alone major breakthroughs, is not often the result of work by a single individual. Instead, many scientific papers are published with as many as five to eight authors, and sometimes even more. It should also be understood that this award is not tax-exempt. The cumulative effect of these two points is that while the purse is admittedly quite handsome, it's certainly not as if we will be creating minor nobility, here."

"Having made that point, I'd also like to address my motivation. We always recognize a need for continued work in the hard sciences. Yet, in spite of its vital role in the maintenance of society, researchers are seldom, if ever, counted among the top income earners. They are often underpaid and under-appreciated. Every year, we lose many bright, promising students to more glamorous, high-paying positions in fields like finance or business. Or sometimes just as bad, they continue their work but move out of academia, so that their wonderful knowledge and insight isn't passed directly on to the next generation of workers."

"Our universities can never pay these people enough for what they do. We can't, either. But this, at least, will give them something more to hope for than a lot of pats on the back from their colleagues, and nothing else besides. I want to offer a real token of appreciation that will allow them, if only for a limited time, to enjoy some of the luxuries that would've been a given for them if they had not chosen to make this noble sacrifice with their life."

"In light of all that," he finished, "what are your thoughts?"

Nava's jaw did not hit the bottom of her pod, only because of the intense training from Pol. Her ears leaned back, as she listened to his reasoning.

She could only think the man had lost his every loving mind. After all, they had just lost a few bills, do to the nit picking about the cost...

And now suddenly, they were just going to FIND 5 BILLION, to give away to a scientist or his team...YEARLY???!!!!

Nava set her ears forward, as she replied.

"I simply love your optimism, for finding that much money to award..every year. No talk about what that could possible do to the winners."

She sat down, still somewhat in shock. And apparently, so was most of the Senate floor, as NO ONE Spoke up after that. Soon after, the low-toned gong chimed, and the screen came down.

The idea was nice, but she was slightly worried about how it would actually work. But... not enough to veto the bill.

She voted, YAY to the bill.

She sat abit, waiting to see how the rest of the votes turned out. She then decided to let one of the younger aids handle it, and then she left her pod. Shawn was next to her, probably thinking that it had been the most strangest..and probably the most quietest voting session he had ever attended. It was just so ... different. Almost BORING, without Senator Tak Vedis around. But he had noticed some new Senators in the ranks. Perhaps a few of them would fill in the noticeable void.

Nava looked up at Shawn with tired eyes. "Lets go out to eat. I dont think I can stand siting around waiting in my room, Pirates or NOT!!!"

Shawn nodded, and once they reached the speeder, piloted the craft towards Ximinio's.

She let Shawn find them a suitable table, as she idly played with her comlink.

13. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Chancellor Territha
    Senate Hall

The Chancellor sat wondering what had happened to all of the Senators. Senators had come out of the woodwork in order to oppose something she had tried to get passed through the Senate, requiring her to call in some favors. Those people who she owed favors had not yet asked for them. She was beginning to worry about what they might ask of her after she vacated her office. The term would be coming to an end soon and she needed to decide if she wanted to run again.

At the present though she needed to vote for the current bill. Nothing she'd seen convinced her that she should vote against the bill, so she pushed the YAY button on her screen and sat back to await the results.

Tag: Any

14. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Senator Rade Kell of Druckenwell
    Senate Chamber

There had been little debate in the Senate as of late. That suited Senator Rade Kell just fine, though, as it gave him more time to assemble his plans for when the time came to elect the next Chancellor. Having already resolved to vote along the party line for this bill, he leaned forward and inserted his card, before pressing the green button signaling his vote of YAY. He considered the amendment for a few moments longer, but decided that it seemed a harmless enough addition to the contents of the original bill, and pressed the YAY button a second time in its favor.

TAG: Nobody

15. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: sorry I haven't been very active, Darth RL came back and made it real busy for me. I will try my best to get back into the game.

IC: Torco Bastra
    senate chamber

Torco couldn't believe how much inactivity the Senate had been in lately. He had seen holo-vids of the old republic and it was never this quite. "I'll have work on getting a louder voice in the senate." Torco slipped his card into the slot and hit the nay button. The stakes were to high for him to risk. Torco removed his card and returned it to his pocket. It was the end of the session, time for him to meet the new senators. He couldn't quite remember who they all were, if he did he would go find out if they were here. Since he didn't he needed to go to his office where he could find out. Torco left his booth, and made his way to his office.

Tag: Nobody, for now

16. ForceForever

ForceForever Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2008
    OOC: Sorry for being inactive. I'm in Virgina taking care of my sister. She is now back at home so I have some more time to post.

IC: Bellial Del'eau

She slid her card into her booths reader which then powered the voting buttons. She pushed the YAY button.

This was the end of her first session in the Senate, and she felt pretty good about it. While she hadn't debated much (not much debate going on anyway) She had helped amend and pass a bill that she thought had real promise.

She exited her booth and slowly made her way towards her offices.

Tag: Senate

17. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Much better! Yay to you alls. Final Tallies include Zaller's vote. :)

[b]IC: The Senate[/b]
    [i]Location: Coruscant[/i]

Slowly the clocked ticked down, as the voting period moved to a close. The floating repulsor-screen looked as follows:

[color=blue][b][u]Senate Voting Session Closed[/u][/b][/color]
    [b]Resolution: S.R. #9 - Health Advancement & Promotion Bill [/b]

[color=green][b]Yays: 8 - *PASSED*[/b][/color]
    [color=red][b]Nays: 1[/b][/color]
    [color=yellow][b]Abstains: 0 [/b][/color]

[b]Amendment: S.R. #9-1 [/b]

[color=green][b]Yays: 2 - *PASSED*[/b][/color]
    [color=red][b]Nays: 0[/b][/color]
    [color=yellow][b]Abstains: 0 [/b][/color]

[b]TIME REMAINING: 00 hrs: 01 mins[/b]

Then finally the minute elapsed and the voting closed. For all of the Senate's lethargy on the floor, it had been very busy in passing bills. The program, largely considered as a good idea, or at the very least too small an issue to seriously oppose, was greeted with very little comment. It made a respectable 2nd tier story in the holoreports, and the Department of Commerce quietly noted their opposition to the bill in largely private files. Experts in the government agreed the move was largely to minimize liability.

As for the session in review, the media noted that the Great Goodie Bag was continuing to put out, and with the exception for the extradition resolution, the Senate continued to respect planetary rights. Recent polling showed that the galaxy as a whole was pleased with the job that the Senate was doing, and three passed resolutions demonstrated that things were being done in the Senate District.

As to the big story, the 2nd Fleet had arrived at Bakura and established a trade-blockade perimeter. Bakura's light planetary defenses were neutralized with minimal confrontation. 3 Casualties were reported on the Republic side, and 25 Bakurans are reported dead by Holonet News Reports. Infighting remains fierce on the planetary surface, and is expected to intensify as the opposition side grows and is arming. Most experts predict a civil war with moderate to high casualties, as resources become scant due to the blockade. The public still supports the conflict, though support is expected to lower as casualties increase.

[b]TAG: Players[/b]

[hr]
    [b][color=red]More GM's OOC:[/color][/b] Oooookay. So, now we're really in the out-of-session period. Like last time, you alls are free to move from Coruscant to any part of the galaxy you wish. Probably returning home to your planet to visit your constituents would be a good idea.

This game is now going open again to new players through the month of July.

Like last time, I'll be working on my list.

[u]GM?s Check List[/u]

1.) Updated Public Relations figures for the latest round of votings.
    2.) The issues for the next period will be posted here in the thread
    3.) New Republic Intelligence Data on these resolutions to be posted
    4.) Updated polling data for your people and what they think about the new resolutions.
    5.) Party stances for the bills will be posted
    6.) Small "State of the Galaxy" post giving any long-term trends or impacts associated with the laws.
    7.) Title change to show this game is going to be open to new players through the month of July [color=red][b](X)[/b][/color]

In the meanwhile, like I said, visit your people, enjoy the time off, scheme, dream, hob, and nob.. ;)

Any questions, you can PM me, as always. :)

-I_H

18. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Co-GMs last OOC: Well, circumstances beyond my control have forced me to pull out of this game. I didn't think it fair that I keep up pretenses, though I_H in his infinite wisdom has allowed me permission to put my main character, Tak, on hold until I get things straightened out. But I will be stepping down as party leaders for both the liberal and minimalist parties and my other character will be disappearing altogether in this post. I had fun and I hope the senate is still active when I'm able to bring Tak back.

[b]IC - Tak Vedis[/b]
    [i]pirate ship[/i]

Switching off his saber, a droplet of sweat exploded on the deckplate then disappeared into a river of blood. Heaving in one large breath, Tak hung his weapon on his side and wiped more sweat from his brow. Everything had worked like a charm. He'd waited patiently in his little ship, going into a meditation that slowed his breathing and heartrate to near nothing. After a time, the pirates had latched onto the derelict vessel and pulled him in.

Sensing Pol safe in a cell, Tak had leapt into action, decimating the Ba'yun pirates with little difficulty. For all their tough talk, they fell like anyone else.

Now he stood before Pol on the opposite side of the open cell door. A million things spun in his brain: his job as senator, his party, those allies he'd made within that horrid place. It all seemed so... pointless now. He could hear Pol saying something, but there was no substance, no voice.

Tak knew what he had to do. He led Pol to the small ship he'd arrived on and called for the New Republic Navy to come and pick up their lost diplomat. Once Pol was safely out in space, Tak switched on the cloaking device of the large pirate ship and waited for the navy to show up. After they had picked Pol up, Tak set a course for the Outer Rim. There were people to help out there and nothing he felt like doing on Coruscant.

He was alone again, in every sense of the word, but it was his lot in life.

[b]Tag: Ktala (sort of), no one[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC - Ashil Furn[/b]
    [i]senate chamber[/i]

Before Ashil could open her mouth in reply, her datapad bleeped. Recalled. Apparently, those who'd put her into power suddenly didn't like the way she was doing things. Blast it all anyway. Without a single word, she turned and strolled out of the chamber with as much dignity as she could muster. There was packing to do, after all. And she'd likely never set foot on Coruscant again.

[b]Tag: no one[/b]

OOC: It's been fun and I hope this is still up and running in another month or so. :)

19. JediKingSeth

JediKingSeth Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2008
    OOC: Hi, I would like to join the Galactic Senate as a Senator. Where can I find an updated list of available planets? Thanks muchly

20. windu4

May 15, 2008
    OOC I am still a little confused should i be in the senate or some soet of meeting or what?

21. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Right now the Senate is out of session. This means you can explore any storyline you feel fit, or perhaps try to talk with other players, or have press conferences, or what-have-you.

In August, the Session will begin again, with new resolutions and new issues. :)

If you have any further questions, PM me.

-I_H

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nava Kree
    Personal Quarters, Coruscant

Nava left the resturant, and returned to her quarters. She talked to her parents, and to a few Senators and other beings on her planet, that had some various issues they wanted brought up. She checked the vote. Disgusted, she decided to turn in early.

Her comlink beeped early in the morning to wake her up. She felt as if her entire body didnt wish to move. But the possibility that it might be Tak, got her going.

No such luck. It was the Pirates, demanding money. But then, something strange happened. Right in the middle of their demands, the comlink signal suddenly went off.

Nava nearly had a heart attack, as she waited for something...ANYTHING to come back over her comlink.

It was nearly three hours later, when she received a weak signal. By then she was already dressed and pacing about the room. She could barely hear anything, but she heard Pol's name mentioned. She nearly went into a panic. Was he dead? No..he couldnt be. Shawn kept watch near the front of her quarters, as she nearly paced a whole into the patch of carpet, her chippering and chattering reaching near sonic levels, as she continued to pace, pulling on her ears. Shawn put in his earplugs, as he keyed up a contact of his, and quietly started a conversation in another part of the suite.

Morning came and left, and the sun was heading down again when Nava heard a knock at her outer doors. She let Shawn answer the door. She didnt want to see the Republic officers if something bad had happened to Pol. And Tak...she had not heard from him either. What if she had gotten him killed?!?! She could not live with that knowledge. She froze, listening to the voices, and then she heard the door close. Terrified to go to the door, she simply stood still in the middle of the room. She wanted to walk to the door, but she just couldnt.....

She watched as she heard a soft tap at the door. And then the door slowly opened.

POL!!

Pol stood, looking tired and a bit worse for well, but otherwise, it was the same old stately old adviser that she knew and cared for.

<"Excuse, my Lack of decorum, Senator...but.."> Pol started, his voice in jest, but he didnt get any further as Nava all but tackled him, as she greeted him in their home language. She saw Shawn give her a nod, and then politely close the door behind Pol, so that they could be alone.

Nava hugged her old advisor, as she nearly broke down into tears. Pol had a shocked look on his face, and then he smiled as he slowly patted her on the back. <"Well, tis nice to know, Im wanted.."> he murmured, as she refused to let go of him, but simply steered him into a seat, so that he could rest. She then looked up, a confused look on her face.

"What happened to Tak?" she asked. She would have expected him to show up to tell her what happened, but when Shawn closed the door, she knew he was not coming.

Pol, in their home language, slowly began to tell his story, and as the story went along, Nava's eyes grew bigger and bigger with each discovery. And when Pol reached to point, where Tak had rescued him, and called for assistance, she knew.

She knew she would not see him within the halls of the Senate again.

Not after what he had done, in order to save Pol. She knew. And she would honor him, and keep his secret.

Hours later, when Pol had been checked out, and fed, and then finally, had gone to sleep, after fussing with Nava to stop doting on him like an infant, Nava stepped out on her balcony. She looked out at the overly bright skies of Coruscant, out into where the stars lay far beyond.

"Thank you, Tak." she said softly, as she dipped her ears low in respect. She would miss his spirited debates within the chambers. But perhaps she could still see some good come out of all of this. Yes, she would have much to work on, by next session. She looked back up, and softly muttered the only prayer, that she thought would be appropriate for one who had helped her so much.

"May the Force be with you..."

Nava pulled her robes around he

23. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Contrary to popular belief, I'm still GMing this game! :p

I'll just do it in bigger chunks this time around. O:)

GM?s Check List

2.) The issues for the next period will be posted here in the thread (X)
    3.) New Republic Intelligence Data on these resolutions to be posted (X)
    4.) Updated polling data for your people and what they think about the new resolutions.
    5.) Party stances for the bills will be posted
    6.) Small "State of the Galaxy" post giving any long-term trends or impacts associated with the laws.
    7.) Title change to show this game is going to be open to new players through the month of July (X)

[color=white][hl=black][b][u]*** COMPREHENSIVE BILL PACKAGE FOR THE AUGUST SESSION ***[/u][/b][/hl][/color]

[b][u]Senate Resolution #10[/u][/b]

[b]Bill Title:[/b] The Nuclear Fuel Control Act

[b]Author:[/b] GM CREATED BILL

[b]Contents:[/b] All capital ships are powered by one degree or another by nuclear reactors. A majority use fusion reactors. Fusion reactors require a very specific fuels, namely less rare deuterium and more rare tritium, isotopes of hydrogen. These elements are gathered and processed by a field of companies that sell star-ship fuel to the galaxy at large. Over the last two years, the price of star-ship fuel has been slowly increasing, and it is nearing record highs. Companies blame a lack of natural tritium, and increased costs associated with manufacturing it. This bill would do two things. It would 1.) authorize the Ministry of Science to launch a 20 billion dollar tritium location project, and 2.) relax existing fuel taxes throughout the galaxy by 25% for 5 years.

[b]Funding:[/b] 20 billion will be recouped from increased taxes caused by the trade spike that lower fuel prices will spur. Lowered fuel tax revenue will come out of the existing budget.

[b]Enforcement:[/b] Signed bill

[b]Implimentation:[/b] Normal Means (through the Department of Energy's and Department of Treasury's bureaucracies)

[color=darkblue][b]Intelligence:[/b] The fuel market is important, and has been the focus of local news reports. Intelligence believes that if fuel continues to rise at its current rate, it will start lowering trade by 2% yearly. The Department of Energy has issued a press statement warning that any tritium location project is a risky endeavor, that may not yield results immediately, or ever. However, if it does, it would dramatically decrease the price of star-ship fuel. The Department of the Treasury is solidly against the fuel tax holiday. They estimate the total net loss of income to be something along the lines of 10 trillion dollars, plus or minus 2 trillion. This, to them, is an unacceptable loss of funding with ramifications on other programs.[/color]

[hr]
    [b][u]Senate Resolution #11[/u][/b]

[b]Bill Title: Holonet Censure Board Creation Bill[/b]

[b]Author:[/b] GM CREATED BILL

[b]Contents:[/b] As of right now, there exists no mechanism to enforce adult content as it is aired on the Holonet. Generally, entertainment with extensive sexuality, violence, or language are shown in the late night-time hours, locally. However, it has been noted by New Republic Intelligence in a recent report that more and more adult programing are being shown earlier and earlier. A number of local and unorganized parent groups throughout the galaxy worry that their young are growing up too fast. This bill would create a government agency to make sure adult programing is limited to broadcasting past 22:00 local time, and would allow them to impose fines on networks that do not comply.

[b]Funding:[/b] Funding would be contained to the agency start costs, and would be drawn from the budget.

[b]Implementation:[/b] Normal Means through New Republic Intelligence's bureaucracy.

[color=darkblue][b]Intelligence:[/b] All above elements of the bill are attested to be

24. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM?s Check List

2.) The issues for the next period will be posted here in the thread (X)
    3.) New Republic Intelligence Data on these resolutions to be posted (X)
    5.) Party stances for the bills will be posted (X)
    7.) Title change to show this game is going to be open to new players through the month of July (X)

[color=red][b][u]*Conservative Party Stances on Bills*[/u][/b][/color]

[b][u]Senate Resolution #10: The Nuclear Fuel Control Act [/u][/b]

[b]Recommends: Yay Vote[/b] - The fuel crisis that the galaxy finds itself in threatens the viability of transportation everywhere. With higher transportation costs, business, the lifeblood of our galaxy suffers. The Senate has the responsibility to protect the free market.

[b][u]Senate Resolution #11: Holonet Censure Board Creation Bill [/u][/b]

[b]Recommends: Yay Vote[/b] - Nothing will stop the creep of smut into the airwaves except a Senate Resolution. The Media corporations will continue to pander to the baser instincts of the population, not caring about the corruption of the youth that occurs in the process. We must take a stand to preserve our way of life.

[b][u]Senate Resolution #12: Standardization of Labeling Bill [/u][/b]

[b]Recommends: Nay Vote[/b] - Requiring all foodstuffs to have labeling is an unfair requirement to impose upon the small businesses of this galaxy. Not everyone has the amount of overhead required to fulfill the bills requirements, and this legislation would put them out of business.

[i][color=red][u]*Note - The Following Party Stances are my interpretations on them, and are open to reinterpretations should I have an incomplete understanding of the parties below*[/u][/color][/i]

[hr]
    [color=blue][b][u]*Liberal Party Stances on Bills*[/u][/b][/color]

[b]Recommends: Yay Vote[/b] - The Liberal Party, as one interested in the working man, wishes to make transportation and the freedom of movement affordable and available to everyone. To this end, fuel needs to be able to be purchased by the common man. It should be the job of this government to protect the freedom of travel, and to shield its populace to the best of its ability from the ravages of the free-market.

[b][u]Senate Resolution #11: Holonet Censure Board Creation Bill [/u][/b]

[b]Recommends: Nay Vote[/b] - The government has no right to restrict freedom of speech. If indecent programing is on, parents and their children should turn off their holo-recievers. The media outlets are private citizens and they should be able to show whatever programing they want. Responsible adults may wish to view more fitting programing at earlier times. The government should not be in control of the media.

[b][u]Senate Resolution #12: Standardization of Labeling Bill [/u][/b]

[b]Recommends: Yay Vote[/b] - Innocent lives are at risk by not voting for this bill. With more people eating more foods, the government needs to be held accountable to assure the citizenry's well-being. Risk of allergies and contaminants put millions of the underprivileged at great risk. By having well-labeled foods, consumers will make educated choices as to their purchases, and thusly will be further empowered.

[hr]
    [color=purple][b][u]*Minimalist Party Stances on Bills*[/u][/b][/color]

[b]Recommends: Nay Vote[/b] - The government shouldn't be dealing with finding fuel. This is the realm of the free-market, and the market will step up to the task. Doing anything else is unnecessary meddling that will backfire with no solutions and more wasted money. There's no g

25. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: I_H, in Brents absence who is going to take control of the Minimalist party?

IC: Senator Torco Bastra.
    senate office.

Torco sat at his desk typing things into his computer, he was searching the senate database for anything on the new senators. He found their public files, and read each one. After reading them he decided on meeting the senator of Glee Anslem. Torco left his office and made his way back down to the senate chamber where he hoped he would find Senator Kez Mitth.

Tag: Windu4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.