main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Galactic Senate RPG - [August] *In Session*

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC.sorry for not posting this sooner but I have been busy.

IC.Torco Bastra.

Galactic Senate,
    personal landing platform,
    Coruscant.

Returning from a trip to his Home world gazes out of the window in his personal star ship, Torco can't help but feel amazed at the planet below him, no matter how many times he sees it, it always seems to amaze him. He had been in the system for over an hour, there had been quite a bit of traffic and it was almost his turn to enter the atmosphere. to pass the time he had already finished most of the paper work he needed to do for the day, so now all that was left to do was wait.

*"You may proceed to the planet, sorry for the hold up Senator."*The voice coming from the com said, with out as much as a thank you Torco proceeds to enter the atmosphere.

Landing his ship on his landing platform at the Senate, notices his senatorial aide waiting for him. Exiting his ship notices the anger on his aides face. "why didn't you tell me you we're coming back today?" trying not to laugh at the joke he played on his aide answers, "it wasn't that important." he says turning away from his aide and starts walking away. "Alan do what ever you want I'm going home." he says jumping in his speeder.

500 Republica,
    Torco's apartment.

After eating dinner goes into his living room to compose a message.

To Governor Bastra.

Greetings Father.

It has come to my attention that hospitals on our planet have been...overcrowded of late, due to the lack of doctor's. As a courtesy and out of good faith I wish 1000 credits to be transfered out of my business account and given to the hospital employment office, they may use it to hire more employees or what ever they need.

May the force be with you Father.

Tag:nobody and everybody

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Senator Nava Kree
    Ximino's Restaurant

Nava Was enjoying the drink she had gotten, when her meal came. A tentive sniff, and she was quite satisfied. Not burt, or too mushy, as many humanoid cooks tended to make them. With a happy soft chirp, she began to eat her meal, relaxing a bit in the wonderfully overstuff seat she was in. The seat thanfully, was not too high up, and it made eating her meal even all the more enjoyable.

That is, until she caught a flash of something.

She nearly choked on a bit of greens she had in her mouth, as she reached up, as if fixing an earring. She was holding her right one tentavely on purpose. She could not have seen what she just thought she had. Not
    here...

Another passed, as she supressed a small chirp, almost sounding as a burp as she caught the sight of fur.

And it wasnt a Wookiee. No this fur, the last time she had seen it, had nearly sent her running. A yellow and black stipped Trianii. She casually reached back, and tied her ears together, as she did when she had raced. She then became intensly focused on her meal in front of her, no longer curious of the view around her. Not THAT Trianii.

Suddenly, her meal didnt taste quite as wonderful as it had moments before. She paused, staring into her plate. This was rediculious. She was NOT going to get run off. She gave a slight look over towards her bodyguard Shawn, before staring back at her plate. NO. She was going to have to get over this. Maybe. A quick peek. He seemed to be quite busy running around. Maybe he woudlnt notice her. She gave a long sigh.

She was going to go thru this. As much as she was paying for it, she wasnt going to scamper off. She was a Senator now.

Nava gripped her fork tightly, as she forced herself to eat slowly. But she keep her eyes glued to her plate, as if contemplating something.

TAG:DarthXan, The FRIENDLY folks in the resturant

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Traer Lin, Chancellor's office, outside

While he waited for an audience - the Chancellor remained as busy as ever, he had no doubt, Traer sat on one of the conforming chairs that power brought. Flicking open his datapad, he tapped a message away with the stylus. He couldn't quite dictate personal messages with a droid nearby, though he had no doubt the Chancellor would have access to his message by some mean. The amount of resources wasted on monitoring the Senate alone...

Traer shook his head, and carried on typing mental notes for his future Bill, and noting who he would need to attend to. The Senators of Thyferra, Eriadu and Xagobah would want to be apprised of this, indeed. It would be quite relevant to their people. Fondor?

The Senator of Tallaan considered. He bore no particular ire to the Senator of Fondor, Uudnil Sark, though he was of the opposing camp. Maybe later. Traer continued transcribing notes, wondering if any of the other Inner Council members would arrive before he was attended to.

He paused when considering the Bill to sell weapons to the Imperial Remnant. He was very anti-Imperial, after his wife divorced him for actually joining the Rebel Alliance during Operation Shadow Hand. Initially, she'd forgiven him for simply living on Fondor, a once-rebel world, but that act had brought their marriage to an unpleasant end. He could never forgive her, and Imperials that still actively supported the Empire after Alderaan, the Galaxy Gun and even the destruction of Gravlex Med in the later years of the war, were equally disliked.

However, his constituents had impressed upon him their desire to vote for this Bill, to his despair. However, knowing he had been elected on a platform of annexation of the Remnant, he had no doubt, if sufficiently calmed, his constituents would support him going against their wishes. The proposed Bill he was sketching down even now would bring that about. He simply needed news coverage of his decision...

TAG: No-one (Sey still from other TAG)

4. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Tarim Kundar
    Private Study-Kundar Estate-Onderon

Tarim sat back as he flicked off his comm screen. So far, two senators had come seeking his support. He'd hardly been in office less than a month. Strange indeed... he decided that he'd not worry about Choran's intentions or proposal until after he got that message from him. He shoved it from his mind, and sat up, flicking a panel on his comm switch. "Milinda, come in here please." His aide, Milinda, came right in. She was waiting outside of his door, like usual. "Please, sit." Tarim said absent-mindedly as she did so. They sat in silence for several moments as Tarim thought. He noticed something in Milinda's hand. "Something for me?" He asked her. She handed him the pad.

"Article that was released about your recent speech."

"So soon?" He read through it quickly and tossed it aside. "It's of little concequence. Now, Milinda, I need you to get that poll out... today. We're leaving for Corescaunt a couple of days early."

"Yes sir." She stood and left, and an hour later a poll was released to the people of Onderon asking for their opinion on issue S.R. 2--the spice restrictions act.

TAG: Imperial Hammer, none

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Shawn Ventar

Ximino's Restaurant

It wasn't often, Shawn reflected as he trailed Senator Kree into the restaurant, that he got to dine with his employer. Most of his employers chose to eat alone or with guests, and when that happened he was typically tasked to stand around and look menacing. Nava Kree, though, seemed to find it perfectly acceptable to have lunch with her bodyguard.

Which was fine with him, too. Shawn seated himself opposite the Senator, conveniently positioning himself to keep a discreet eye on the entrance and the rest of the people in the restaurant. He didn't anticipate any trouble here - from the looks of it, everyone here was either a Senator or worked in the Senate in some way - but it was his job, after all.

They ate their meal in companionable silence. Shawn ate his food - some sort of shellfish concoction - steadily, vaguely wondering what it was exactly but enjoying it all the same. Kree seemed to be relaxed and happy as well, from the way she was cheerfully going through the pile of greens on her plate.

Suddenly, she stiffened. Shawn looked up, suddenly alert. She had stopped eating all of a sudden and tied her ears together - Shawn tilted his head slightly, fascinated; he hadn't realized that was possible - and resumed eating, but was definitely more tense than before. Save for a quick glance at him, as if to reassure herself that he was indeed present, she was keeping her gaze fixed firmly on her plate.

Curious. Casually, Shawn scanned the restaurant. Just the same mix of clients and servers that had been there when they arrived; a couple of new arrivals but they were clear across the restaurant. No threats that he could see.

"Something the matter, Senator?" he queried cautiously, keeping his voice low.

TAG: Ktala, etc

6. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Senator Freija Severn
    500 Republica

Freija listened as Myrna rattled off a list of all her media engagements for the next week or so, her heart sinking as the name of the Baarian Arms Rights Association came up again. On Baar it was illegal for private citizens to carry weapons without a permit, which could only be obtained if the applicant could give a justifiable reason for needing a blaster. Usually, this covered weapons used by farmers for exterminating vermin and some hunting enthusiasts. The BARS wanted to relax these restrictions. Fortunately, most Baarians didn't share their views.

"Will there be anything else senator?"

"Just a note for tomorrow- before my interview I'd like all the relevant polling data, and make sure it's up to date. Oh yes, and forget about the caf. When I'm done here, you can come with me to Ximino's if you like. It's no fun eating on your own."

The Senator smiled grimly. "Besides, all the other Senators will probably be there. I'll need someone normal to talk to."

[TAG Twinky]

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Senator Nava Kree
    Ximino's Restaurant

Nava was eating her meal, barely lifting her head up, except to reach of her drink, or when she leaned back, to rest for moment, before she would continue. She was trying her best to appear semi normal, but obviously i wasnt working, when she heard her bodyguard ask,

"Something the matter, Senator?" he queried cautiously, keeping his voice low.

She slowly swallowed the last bite she had just taken, while she slowly looked up at him. "Well..yes and no." She took a long sip from her drink before she spoke once more. "I just happened to see a ... old aquaintince, from back in my eariler days. Just found it...unexpected. Thats all."

Simply Wonderful. Nava muttered something in her native language, not loud enought to be heard by most.

TAG: DarthXan, ALL the FRIENDLY folks in the resturant

8. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    IC - Tak Vedis
    transport - somewhere in hyperspace

A container of water shimmied and shook in the minor hyperspace turbulence. Tak grabbed it just before it tipped over, taking a sip and resting it between his legs so it wouldn't spill until the turbulence stopped. Skimming through the last of the recent news items in his datapad, Tak eager punched up the Theed Times and rushed to the section on politics. Politics was practically a dirty word to him, but he needed to keep an eye on things.

His speech had apparently not gone unnoticed; it was filed as the second most important story of the day, right behind the Queen's pedicure. Great, something as important as education reform, and it takes second to a pair of smelly feet. This does not bode well for the editorials.

At first not daring to turn to the editorial pages, Tak instead wasted some time on the cartoons. "Heh, those crazy Nubian Peanuts gang; they are such a trip."

"Query: What are you afraid of, Master? Observation: I have noted in our travels together that the people who support you the most vehemently, are the ones who... shall this unit say, are not the kind of people who read editorials written by gushy nosed cretinous meatbags who deserve to be blasted into oblivion.

"Comment: As much as this unit is opposed to the idea, you give the majority of your time and consideration to... the 'little people'."

"You've made your point, HL." Tak skipped to the editorials and skimmed to the last line, reading it aloud. "'In conclusion dear readers, I was opposed to Tak Vedis before he was chosen to represent Naboo, and now I must ask a serious question of you all: How much farther can we sink in the eyes of the galaxy with this man at the helm?'

"Oh yes," Tak said to his droid, "that was much better than I thought it would be."

Leaning back, the Senator contemplated what to do to turn things around. His eyes grew wide and he sucked in a deep breath. "A brilliant idea!"

"Query: What is it, Master?"

"That's what we need; a brilliant idea." The wheels began to spin and Tak jotted a few notes into his datapad. "Yes! This just might give us a boost in the polls. Now if only this slow transport could move a bit faster..."

As if in answer, the ships intercom crackled into life. "This is your captain speaking; due to a change in schedule, we will be arriving on Coruscant a few days early. The list of canceled destinations should be appearing on your screens; if your destination is on this list - too kriffin bad, there's nothing I can do about it."

Unregistered, surly transport had saved the day!

Writing quickly, he sent off a hurried note to his good friend, Azervado.

To: Senator Renning

My friend,

I have just come up with an idea that may score us some important points with the people and earn us another supporter or two in the Senate.

Expect another, more formal message from me in a few minutes.

Your friend,
    Tak

Lowering his datapad, Tak squinted at his droid. "HL, would you pull up a list of all the private schooling institutions on Coruscant in the areas surrounding the Senate district?"

"Sarcastic Reply: Of course, Master! That is a much more fitting task for this unit, rather than blasting any offending meatbags into a burnt cinder. I would be delighted to debase myself by completing a job better handled by a mundane utility droid."

"Finished?" Tak asked calmly.

"Answer: I believe so, Master. I shall do as you command."

Firing up his stylus, Tak sent off another quick message, requesting an appointment with Chief Justice Blackstone.

If the message of good, solid education could reach the masses and polls conducted, the people may just be able to pressure their Senators into supporting the bill. Tak clenched his fist; it would work - it had to. The stylus met his datapad again, scribbling out a formal message to his current supporters and awaiting the list of schools from HL.

Tag: S

9. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    Senator Reldem Fald
    Conservative

"A smart strategy Senator Renning." He had ordered the cheapest thing on the menu some odd alien form of a porridge like substance, not like food much mattered, cost did. "as for the bill, i have indeed heard about it, and find it a most fascinating thing, perhaps it is a better solution.." He saw the other Senator used his datapad quite a bit, no doubt messaging colleagues. "i do hope your first term goes well Senator." he decided this one probably wasn't too bad, a useful ally no doubt with such a new senate these days.

Tag: Yuul

10. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Chancellor Territha

Chancellor's Office

Stacks of datapads already adorned the top of the Chancellor's desk. She'd only been in office a few days and already the work was piling up. Aides were just getting into their jobs, so perhaps this would lighten up once things were figured out who could handle what and which problems absolutely needed the Chancellor's attention. The wookiee wuffed to herself as she removed the datapads and set them on a side table, making a note to get Cate to go through them before she tackled any problems.

Her personal datapad beeped a few times. Territha sat down in her big chair behind her desk in order to attend to the messages.

Chancellor Territha,

I would be honored to attend this meeting.

Sincerely,

Rade Kell
    Senator
    Druckenwell

Nodding to herself, she was pleased to see the Druckenwell Senator be so prompt in responding. She couldn't wait to meet him and hear his take on the topics at hand.

The second message was from Cate, who was outside manning the reception area at the moment. There would be a different reception droid later, but for now Cate wanted to personally screen the Chancellor's visitors to acquaint herself with their looks and mannerisms. She would write up a report to the Chancellor later that would hopefully give the Chancellor some insight into the beings she was working with.

Mistress Tera,

[The wookiee couldn't get her to drop the Mistress, but Tera had been a compromise to end complete formality]

Senator Jace Lorr's assistant comm'd to inform you that he was on his way back to Coruscant for the meeting.[/i]

That was two.

The third beep came from the Conservative Party's head.

Chancellor,

I will be in attendance for your advisory summit in the next few days. My shuttle from Kuat will depart for Coruscant as of tomorrow. Thank you very much, and I look forward to meeting you.

(signed)
    Minority Leader
    Veygor Zaller

We're up to three. Taking it as a promising sign for Senators to be so prompt, Territha allowed a brief sigh of relief.

Ping

The door sounded and Cate walked through. "Apologies, mistress Tera, but Master Traer Lin is outside and wanting to have a word with you."

[Let him in. He is one that gets top priority to see me.] Territha spoke in her native language. [I'll need you to be in here to translate, get someone to cover the desk.]

The Wookiee stood up, looking regal, and turned to stare out the window at the city planet before her. The bustle of speeders and ships moving around below her made the planet look alive. In a way, it was. Constantly buildings were being taken down and new ones put up. The city was always changing. Just like the New Republic. The Imperial Remnant was asking for weapons. What a change that was. A huge amount of badly needed income would be helpful for funding other bills. The more she thought about it, the more she realized that this bill needed to pass. Arming the ones that had enslaved her people was difficult for her, but thinking about change put all into perspective. Territha stared out the window and waited for Cate and Traer to come in.

Cate walked back out into the outer office. "Excuse me, Master. I don't mean to interrupt, but Mistress Territha will see you now."

The droid waited for Traer Lin to finish what he was doing in order to follow him in.

Tag: Sinrebirth

11. LordDarthUmbrus

LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    IC: Grebleips

Grebleips ran an old red lighted index finger over the sensitive ridge of the Moona blossom. It purred and leaned into his touch as it glowed pearly light from its insides.

Deep down in the back of his fore-throat, Grebleips purred with it.

"Sleepy." his slow gravelly voice said to the Moona. The flower closed and its glow faded as it went to rest in its hydrovapor bed.

A Tall came in, her long spindly arms and legs moving like Ribbon Trees in the breeze. She blinked her blue eyes at Grebleips and handed him a data cube. He reached up with a long wrinkly arm and accepted it in his hand. His heart-light pulsed as the two shared with one another telepathically.

Her name was Zee and she was his assistant, though she was actually much senior to Grebleips in age.

{Grebleips. Senate soon in session.} was her simple pronouncement.

}Thaaank you, Zee.{

Grebleips sat on the dirt in front of a rusty looking old data reader and put the data cube in gently. The old fashioned plasma screen lit with a series of scripts in basic.

A tunameepa came up gently behind Grebleips and sat itself down next to him, curious as to the source of the light. Its visually receptive stamens looked like eye stalks coming from its tube-like body.

Grebleips stroked it gently in an absentminded way as his big blue eyes took in what he was reading in basic. His neck craned out to get a better look at what he was reading.

Credits and arms. Everything was always about credits and war these days.

Nothing docketed about Environmental concerns or about science funding. He was especially concerned about the rejuvenation of Kashyyyk. The Wars had been very hard on that world with many old growth forests destroyed. Even with Chancellor Territha chairing the Senate, Grebleips was still concerned that not enough was being done to reverse the ongoing damage left by the Wars on Kashyyyk.

Then there were similar problems on Dantooine and Ansion that needed similar attention.

Grebleips got up and waddled over to an old comm station that was also a bit rusty and wet with condensation. The tunameepa followed excitedly.

Grebleips punched in a familiar number to contact an old friend and colleague who had similar views. Grebleips was determined to get more on the docket than just arms trading agreements and spice smuggling countermeasures.

The commlink dialed itself dutifully.

"Bejoon Paton, old friend. It is Grebleips. We have a new harvest of Lonzones. They are the best I have tasted in 50 revolutions. They are especially creamy! May we come and share together?" Grebleips drawled slowly in basic.

The manner of Grebleips people was not a direct one. Often direct invitations to boring business meetings were considered rude on Brodo Asagi. It was better to invite one to a pleasant visit rather than to quickly and roughly schedule a business conference.

Though many thought this sort of thing duplicitous, to The Children Of The Green Planet, the object of a visit was to enjoy each other's company with business being a casual second thought. The important thing was the visit, not the business.

Grebleips waited for a response.

Tag: Spaceman_Spiff!

12. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Senator Li Tol Rastor
    500 Republica

The orbital mirror's of Corucant rotated ever so slightly to allow light to illuminate the cityscape like the jewel it truly was. The captial was bustling with it's citizens moving about traffic lanes filled with speeder's in every direction, and landing platforms floating by every so often. Imperial center has it had been known for over three decades found itself in it's former glory that it enjoyied during the Old Republic not only in name, but also in reconstruction efforts restoring Corucant's jewel of the republic title. Watching life on the captial with mild interest Li shook himself from his site seeing out on the apartment balcony turning his attention back indoors.

The Munnilisnt senator observed the greeting area of his apartment momentarily allowing for his staff to carry out their duties without any input from him. They had arrived on Corucant during the early hours, and Li had managed to cover all essential pieces of information during the duration of the flight from Munnilisnt. He reread the messages he had received from the Vice Chancellor in regards to the Imperial Remanant situation, and went over meticulously the call for New Republic weaponry to be sold to their Imperial neighbors. The topic was somewhat of a fragile situation, but Li was certain that he could work the impending debate towards his stance of Imperial annexation. Li's thought were interrupted briefly by his head of security who notified him that all security risks had been identified, and that emergency plans for both exiting the apartment, and off Corucant were already in place should the occasion call for them.

"Well done Veda I think that should be all for now being that our offices here in the captial are yet to be operational, and should care to think we should take this oppurtunity to acclimate ourselves to our neighbors", Li responded promptly indicating that he would be heading out to famillarize himself with their surroundings on a formal level, and that his head of security should do the same in a less inconspicious manner.

Li quickly gave some brief instructions to his aide's who had already finished setting up the furnishings Li had sent ahead to lace his apartment with. Tapestries, and galaxy famous artwork decorated the walls of the apartment with a communciations console located in the corner by the balcony entrance and furniture of the finest craftsmanship were aligned in a comfortable half circle.

"Make sure that the press release for tomorrow is a go I'll want to make a statement before the session begins, and any meetings make sure to schedule them after the release..........besides that though take the rest of the day off", Li informed his three aides who all were surprised that their day would soon be left to their disgression.

Li heard the door close as Veda left without much more then a grunt to the others indicating his departure. His small staff while undermanned in some aspects was more then able to do what larger staffs of ten could do without half the hassel. Each of them over the years had proven themselves able to handle what Li demanded of them, and each of them knew that Li was just as loyal even though his tough exterior hinted otherwise.

Li drew his midnight blue cloak over his shoulders, and made his way towards the elegant carved double doors leading out of the apartment. Without a second look towards the remaining members of his staff Li Tol entered into the corridor making his way down towards the elevator. With nowhere specific being his destination Li decided just for once he would allow his much jaded adversary fate to determine where his feet would carry him.

Tags: Anyone

13. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Azervado Renning, Senator of Anaxes
    Ximino's

"A smart strategy Senator Renning. As for the bill, i have indeed heard about it, and find it a most fascinating thing, perhaps it is a better solution.."

"I do hope your first term goes well Senator."

Azervado nodded in response to Reldem Fald's comment. "I hope your term goes well as well Senator..."

Azervado was interrupted as the waitress brought his meal. He nodded to her in satisfaction before sampling the stew and salad. They were both quite enjoyable, although he favored the stew. He then took a careful sip of the glass of wine and let it roll flavorly around in his mouth before swallowing. His attention returned to his fellow senator as he took occasional bites of his meal.

"Tell me, what's your opinion on SR.1?"

His open datapad message light blinked and Azervado scanned it before typing a reply with one of his hands.

To: Senator Tak Vedis

Understood, I will await your message, travel safely friend.

Sincerely,
    Azervado Renning, Senator

Tag: Tak, Apadamek, anyone at Ximino's

14. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: All players: What follows also includes some brief rules for making appointments or speaking formally with the Chief Justice. I?ve set these up as restrictions for my character as they are broadly consistent with judicial standards in our own world, and also for game balance to prevent their abuse. It?s subject to Imperial_Hammer?s approval, of course, but otherwise these are the house rules Blackstone will be trying to play by.

IC ? Denningas Blackstone

Galactic Justice Center,
    Senate District,
    Coruscant

The Chief Justice?s thoughts on the judgment he was writing were interrupted as his datapad beeped. Glancing at it, his eyebrows rose: Senator Tak Vedis wished an appointment.

Blackstone bridled for a moment or two at the content of the message, but forced himself to reconsider. The position of Chief Justice was a unique tension of helping hand and mailed fist.

Long tradition?-albeit interrupted by Palpatine?s rule as Chancellor and then Emperor?-held that the Chief Justice was a legal adviser at large to the Senate of the Republic. Appointments between Senators and the Chief Justice were therefore not unheard-of. On the other hand, Blackstone was also the enforcer of the Constitution, and as a judge was required to remain impartial as against any party or any interest in the Senate. Whatever his personal views.

As such, those same long traditions that Blackstone had resumed were that a Senator could meet with the Chief Justice, but the discussions remained confidential between the Chief and the Senator in question. In particular the Senator could not discuss his conversations with any other individual. Likewise Blackstone was subject to the same confidentiality ? save for the situation where those rules were broken.

If that happened, the protocol was that Blackstone would be forced to disclose to the Senate in open session ? and its party leaders in particular ? the content of the conversation between himself and the Senator in question. Given the usual subjects under discussion, this usually helped to ensure silence. Breaking this confidence was ? at least under the Old Republic, and by tradition under the New ? seen as a very serious breach of Senate protocol, and one that could well reverberate through the galactic media.

Blackstone tapped out a message briefly restating these protocols, and sent it through to Senator Vedis, agreeing to the appointment with the Senator.

TAG: BrentusofGath

15. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Bejoon Paton:

Private shuttlecraft Andurite Falls
    In orbit around Coruscant

Bejoon leaned forward slightly in his seat and looked down at the city planet below him, once again marvelling that something so beautiful could exist. It was a planet whose very name conjured up images of a sparkling jewel that sent its bright, shining light into the cold, empty darkness of space.

But this very beauty also had an ugly side, for lighting just one city block of the planet for an entire standard day used up as much energy as all the planets in the Outer Rim used in two years. His mouths turned down in displeasure. It was such a waste, and yet, nothing had ever been done to address this massive expenditure of resources, not throughout the Republic's history, because in a government that spanned a galaxy, with millions of planets, and trillions of beings, who cared about a little energy venting off into the cosmos? There was always more of it to be had. That had been the prevailing wisdom for generations.

Then had come the Empire, with its massive military build-up and blatant disregard for even the most basic environmental regulations. The Republic did not know how bad off it was until something worse came along. The Empire was gone now, however, finally, and the Republic had risen up in its place. A new Republic, and with a new Republic, came new opportunities.

Perhaps this was the session in which he would be able to introduce some sweeping reforms, not only on the capital planet, but throughout the galaxy. Sure, Bejoon, think small. His laughter rumbled out of three of his throats, allowing him to speak in Ithorese to his assistant, Kena, through his other one as she came up to stand next to him. "Who doesn't love to get messages?" he said as he saw the commlink in her hands with the flashing light indicating a call was holding for him. "It makes one feel terribly important."

"Bejoon Paton, old friend. It is Grebleips." Hearing the name of his old Senate friend sparked pleasant memories of simpler times. "We have a new harvest of Lonzones. They are the best I have tasted in 50 revolutions. They are especially creamy! May we come and share together?" What joy hearing just these five sentences brought him.

He responded in Basic. "Old friend, the very thought of tasting such succulence makes my throats tingle, but while we are together, we must discuss how we can get the peoples of Coruscant and the rest of the galactic citizenry to use less energy. Think how many people we could feed on a myriad of planets if we did not keep our capital planet perpetually lit needlessly." His back pressed into the seat as the craft began its descent. "I am about to land on Coruscant. I would hope we could meet tomorrow morning. I look forward to hearing from you, my friend."

Was it foolish to try to get back to simpler times, or was the galaxy doomed to be mired in environmental, political, and spiritual corruption forever? Not if he and his soon-to-be allies could help it.

TAG: LordDarthUmbrus

16. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Jayson Bryce
    Ximinio's

Jayson allowed himself to offer up a lopsided smile at Max's joke and then motioned for the Twi'Lek to lead the way towards the room they had prepared for him. Jayson noted, as he sauntered through the tables, that this had suddenly become not only a place for the rich and famous, he recognized a few Holo-Stars and a number of less savory individuals, but also a popular hang out for the newly elected Senators of the Galaxy. Mobsters and Defense Attorney's commingling with Senators and the Stars, only on Coruscant.

Jayson was seated in his room shortly there after, low jizz music wafted out of the speakers like the subtle hum of a vibroblade with a harmonious melody. He sipped a glass of orange juice while he waited for his Nerf Steak Filet mingnon, a Rikknik and Jubba Bird egg omelet complimented with the best pancakes you have ever tasted. The food here was to die for.

He watched, as he waited, to Tak's speech at Theed. Read through some of the mornings news flimisies, and even received and replied to a message from Tak Vendis.

Tag: Saintheart

17. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    IC - Tak Vedis
    Somewhere in hyperspace closer to Coruscant

Resting his eyes for a moment, Tak sat up with a start. Past nightmares swirled in his head - ghastly visions cackled insanely in dark corners, casting ominous shadows across his vision. He didn't sleep much, as you may have gathered.

Reaching for his water, his datapad bleeped several times, indicating a few messages had been logged. "I didn't realize I'd fallen asleep. How long was I out, HL?"

"Query: How should I know, Master? Observation: This unit is not a stopwatch."

The first message was from his friend, Azervado.

To: Senator Tak Vedis

Message: Understood, I will await your message, travel safely friend.

Sincerely,
    Azervado Renning, Senator

The next message was from Chief Justice Blackstone, laying out ground rules and giving a tentative ok to a meeting.

The following messages were affirmative replies from some of Tak's colleagues in the Senate. It pleased him very much to be afforded such consideration.

He brought up the message of thanks he had been writing earlier to the Valorum Academy in the Works district directly adjacent to the Senate district. The owners of the high school had agreed to Tak's request quickly and he was grateful. A press conference with the support of his fellow Senators and the school should go a long way to achieving a high level of support from the people. This in turn would hopefully swing some more Senators to the legislation, as they all wish to support the wishes of their constituents.

Finishing off, he sighed, turning his datapad off for the rest of the journey to Coruscant. He would have to deal with matters soon enough, but right now he needed rest, and time to ponder his words for the upcoming press conference. Leaning back, he closed his eyes once more.

Tag: None

18. Syahu

Syahu Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2006
    IC: Senator Clement Oracio

Ximino's Restaurant

The restaurant was filling up fast, something Clement would not mind if the customers were not all primarily government employees. Although he was a Senator, he did not like to associate with many of them out-of-session as they were of no value to him then. Of course, session was about to start and he did need to start his sweet-talking sooner or later. Jayson Bryce was apparently in the building according to his list of orders. Bryce is a very influential man being the Senator of Coruscant and seems like a man that Clement could relate to.

He called Jamina over and slipped his business card into her pocket as he pushed his chair back to go visit Senator Bryce. The kinrath suite was very nice and a room that Clement had taken advantage of all too often. He knew exactly where it was and paused just before rounding the corner to the entrance. After a brief look over the datapad of information about each and every Senator, Clement made three sharp rasps on the door.

"Senator Bryce, it is Senator Oracio from Esseles. I was wondering if you were finished with your lovely choice of a Nerf Steak Fillet mignon, Rikknik and Jubba Bird egg omelet, and probably the best darn pancakes in the galaxy. If so, I would love to have a little chat with you. Just one wealthy bachelor to another." Clement waited, smiling eagerly for a response. Senator Bryce's response would tell Clement everything he needed to know about this man. He either made an enemy or made a friend right here.

TAG: DVC, anyone in Ximino's

19. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Jayson Bryce
    Kinrath Suite -- Ximino's

"Senator Bryce, it is Senator Oracio from Esseles. I was wondering if you were finished with your lovely choice of a Nerf Steak Fillet mignon, Rikknik and Jubba Bird egg omelet, and probably the best darn pancakes in the galaxy. If so, I would love to have a little chat with you. Just one wealthy bachelor to another."

The man's voice was slightly muffled by the extreme sound dampeners in place, but Bryce had heard him nonetheless. He let out a low, neigh inaudible sigh, and cleared his throat after his last bite of pancake. And so it began, he thought to himself, gone were the days when a rich man could be invisible to the world and free from constant meetings. With great power comes great responsibility. He reached under the table, and pressed the key to open the door.

"Enter my Senatorial associate." He said with a welcoming gesture. Oracio was a known philander and some called him spoiled, since he liked to flaunt his wealth. Of course those things were often said about Bryce as well, so he wasn't one to pass judgment, although he did feel he had a better understanding of the value of a credit, coming from nothing where Oracio had always had everything he wanted. Bryce would still hear him out, try to make an ally of the man because if he knew anything, he knew the benefit of having friends in high places.

He motioned to a nearby chair and poured a glass of orange juice for the man for the large carafe in the center of the table. He was nonchalant about clearing his datapad screen, out of old habit he supposed, but left it sitting on the table as a sign of good faith.

"A pleasant mor--" He stopped mid word, and smiled as he corrected himself, "A pleasant afternoon isn't it Senator. What can I do for you today?"

Tag: Syahu

20. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Shawn Ventar

Ximino's

Kree took her time in answering. "Well..yes and no," she said at last, taking a long sip from her drink. "I just happened to see a ... old acquaintance, from back in my earlier days. Just found it...unexpected. That's all." She muttered something further in her native language; Shawn didn't really catch it, nor would he have understood if he did.

Ah. Shawn digested this along with another bite of shellfish, although he was no longer really tasting it.

"I see," he said calmly. A high-strung bodyguard was not a good thing; Shawn always tried to appear reassuringly calm even when notified of possible threats. For in his experience, 'acquaintance' was a notoriously unhelpful word that could mean anything from 'annoyance' to 'major enemy'. He considered offering more in the way of reassurance, but Kree seemed determined to pretend everything was fine, so he left it alone.

Nothing to be done about it now except stay alert for signs of trouble, in any case. Nava Kree was tense, but not overly so - not that he was a particularly good reader of alien body language - and neither was she insisting they leave, so this acquaintance would probably not cause a scene. Not in here, anyway, surrounded by Senators.

TAG: Ktala

21. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Tiram Kundar
    Private Study-Kundar Estate-Onderon

The next day, Tarim was reading over a newspaper in his study when Milinda entered with a datapad in her hands. "Poll results are in." Was all she said as she handed him the datapad. Tarim took and and viewed the contents quickly, then sighed as he slumped back in his chair, tapping a finger against his forehead.

"Well, at least I won over a few people." He fell silent for another moment. "My people are for it, my party is for it... looks like personal preference is shoved aside for now. Milinda, we're leaving for Corescaunt. Send a quick press release about my new position while I get things ready for departure." Milinda nodded, then went about her work. Tarim composed a brief message and then sent it. He then stood and made ready to leave.

Two hours later, a message had been sent to the planetary newspaper and Tarim was on his way to Corescaunt.

TAG: Imperial Hammer (If he has anything to say :p ) none

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Traer Lin, Chancellor's office

A plethora of messages to Senators up and down the Rimma Trade Route done, as well as other messages to the representatives of Bothawui and Druckenwell, as well as numerous shipyard-representing Senators, had things mostly organised. Cate walked back out into the outer office. "Excuse me, Master. I don't mean to interrupt, but Mistress Territha will see you now."

Traer closed his half-written message to his son and stood, nodding. "Lead the way, Cate." He strode into the Chancellor's Office after her, and bowed, as was his custom. Though of no elite background, he knew who he respected. Standing, he smiled, carefully.

"Chancellor, I am glad you honoured my request to call the Council as soon as possible. We will need a meeting before term starts, indeed. I am hoping to circulate my own Bill around soon into term, as you know, and I should have a rough draft available to the meeting, if at all possible. I have polled elements within the Senator, and will spread my search to area's outside immediate geography of course."

"I do, however, look forward to defeating the Remnant Bill. We simply cannot provide arms to those monsters. They will be back, sooner, if we re-arm them ourselves. It has only been five years since the Galactic Civil War ended, and we've had to deal with the Second Imperium since. I shudder to imagine the amount of unreconstructed Imperial warlords we have yet to track down."

He physically shuddered, and shook his head. "Was there anything that needed discussing between ourselves?"

TAG: Sey

23. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    Senator Reldem Fald
    Conservative

"Tell me, what's your opinion on SR.1?" The question was asked after Senator Renning tried some of his wine. Reldem gave a thoughtful look before responding "Clearly there is only one answer to this Bill, Yes. The Imperial Remnant is a legitimate government no matter its past history, if it requires weapons and pays a good price i might add, then we should sell them. It all comes down to how much they are buying and for how much. Clearly we have this amount of weapons extra or at least able to manufacture, therefor such an amount is not conspicuous especially given the Remnants warlike tendencies. Now give the price they're paying which is again a very good amount and the question answers itself." His food had arrived and he took a bite of the porridge like substance and smiled at its taste.

"The risks are far outweighed by the benefits of a large sum of credits entering the republic." He eat some more of the food in front of him, it was very good and the cook was to be commended. However he knew the price and now that he thought about it it was probably not worth his credits for such a meal. He would not return. "what are is your opinion on SR.1 Senator Renning?" he asked with an uncaring air.

Tag: Yuul

24. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Tarim Kundar
    Hyperspace-In Transit to Coruscaunt

Tarim sat in the pilot seat of his YT-2400, watching out of the cockpit as the stars formed their tell-tale streaking tunnel that fascinated so many people. Tarim was in a daze, it seemed, as he thought deeply about recent events. It seemed his opinions were in opposition to just about anyone he came into contact with. It was a distressing thought, but he pushed it from his mind, disallowing it to consume him. He'd just have to make the best of it.

Several hours later, the ship came out of hyperspace to show the planet of Coruscaunt in the viewport. Tarim had only been here a few times, and every one of them took his breath away. It was truly astounding to see this city-planet. There were very few like it in the galaxy, and any that were close truly failed to measure up to its majesty. Even after the Empire, it was a truly magnificent sight.

It took a matter of minutes to get clearance to land, and half an hour later, Tarim and Milinda were in an airspeeder on their way to 500 Republica.

Twenty minutes later the two were standing in Tarim's new apartment while on Coruscaunt. It was not a particularly large or impressive apartment. The main room was circular, and one could see a staircase spiral up along the far wall. To the left was Tarim's new office--a sizable room. To the right were two rooms--one for guards and one for an assistant. It had caused both Tarim and Milinda many hours of painful nagging to get this room, and now Milinda looked at him almost disdainfully. "All that for this?" Tarim just smiled at her.

"I know it is fairly modest conditions, but the real reason will make itself known when you go up stairs." Up stairs, the space opened up into a loft area. The room was almost as large as Tarim's private study back on Onderon. Lining the walls were newly installed shelves for Tarim's second library. Aside from that, the apartment was unfurnished, though lavishly decorated with what was present in the suit. To the right was the master Bedroom, which was quite spacious. Tarim smiled at Milinda, and said, "What do you think?"

Milinda looked at him with a blunt look on her face. "You really want to know?" Tarim thought about it then shook his head, moving on to the comm unit to order some furnishings.

TAG: None

25. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: Will Pitt
    ~En Route to Ximinos Restaurant~

Will sat in the back of his luxurious vehicle. He had no idea what class it was, and he did not care too much. All that mattered was that it was a work of art. The body was elegantly curved in design and painted in a shiny, metallic black finish. The inside, however, was what made him decide to buy it. The vehicle, which he had named, simply, Beauty, was just big enough for only three patrons, two in the front, and one in the back. The back seat, which was specifically designed for Will, was certainly the most comfortable seat he had ever sat on. The engine in the vehicle was top of the line; it was quite possibly one of the fastest vehicles flying through Coruscants sky at the moment. It also had built in holoscreens with the best sound system in the galaxy. The best part, it wasn't even available to the public yet, and wouldn't be for months. He smiled at that thought.

The human senator reclined in his seat, and looked through the transparent roof out into the blackness of Coruscants night sky, as his stomach made another loud noise. "Will you hurry up already?" he asked the driver, a bit annoyed at the pace the driver was cruising. "This thing was built for speed, and you're using it as if it were a kriffing landspeeder!"

"My apologies sir," the driver said, "but there are speed limits. I do not think it would be quite good on your public image if you were arrested."

Will silenced himself in though. "True, but you'd be the one arrested; you are driving." Will did not want to argue the point anymore, that was one battle he would not win. Perhaps he just wanted to feel the Beauty pushed to its full potential once again. But, the driver was right: Will had a public image that needed to be perfect. Well over half the population was pleased with the state of political affairs on Chandrilla, and he wanted to keep it that way, or, if he could, make it better. And he would do whatever it took to make it that way.

"Destination: three minutes," said an automated voice from the vehicles computer.

"We're almost there, sir," said the driver. Will didn't even respond. There were times, such as these, when the pampering done by his staff was more annoying than it was flattering; Will was still capable of doing some things himself.

A few minutes later, the driver landed the vehicle a few meters away from Will's destination: Ximino's restaurant. He had never been to this place, but had heard it was quite delicious. "Here we are, sir. Would you mind ordering me a nerfsteak?" Will looked at his driver as though he were crazy, and exited the vehicle, not even dignifying the man with a response. He entered the building, and savored the smell that hit his nostrils, it was overwhelming.

"Welcome, sir," said the greeter. Will paid her no attention, even though she was quite beautiful, as he saw someone off in the distance. It was a small alien creature eating with a well built human. There was no doubt that Will knew who this was.

"Hello," Will said. "If at all possible, could I get a seat close to that Xamster over there?"

The greeter looked at the screen on her desk for a few moments before affirming his request. Will smiled and followed her to his seat. After a few short moments, a waitress appeared before him. "Welcome to Ximino's, Senator. What can I get for ya?"

Will did not even bother to look at the menu. "Give me the most expensive item you have, and a glass of Corellian Ale please." The waitress smiled, and began to leave. Will grabbed her arm, "And, uh, can I get a nerfsteak to go as well?"

"That won't be a problem," she said before leaving.

Will sat alone at his seat, something he was used to doing at the moment. He was a newly elected Senator with few friends in the Senate. He knew he had to make some friends if he was to make an impact in the government. He turned in his seat, faced the Xamster and her human friend and spoke. "Excuse me, but, could that possibly b

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.