1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars THE GALAXY AT WAR PART IV: PRISONER OF CORUSCANT

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by pashatemur, Nov 5, 2010.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Jerjerrod-Lennox Force Ghost

star 7
    IC: Doctor Marcus Rufus, Ensign Kim Charios and Doctor Mifsud Ashri, Lieutenants Aruth Haji and Carlos Casrah (NPC?s)

After doing some final checks on his major injury patients, Rufus finally sank into his bed a tired man. Finally after who knows how many hours of being on his feet and tending to injured comrades he was finally able to rest. Nothing in the few years of medical training he had could prepare you for the sheer horror of people being wounded and so close to death.

Finally, Rufus managed to drift off to sleep but the revelations about Commander Alpha were still going around in his head.

Hours later, Doctor Rufus was back on duty, making his rounds with one of his assistants and a 21-B droid, checking dressings, offering kind words, and generally checking up on things. But now it was time to see his most important patient, Commander Alpha, commander of the troops on board Roadblock and a fugitive.

As he approached the commander?s room, two Ursean Black Guards, whom had been assigned to watch the room and whoever went in brought their rifles to attention as he approached. The Ursean Black Guards were the deadliest of the bunch of troops on board. They were silent, deadly, tall and menacing. They had no fear of anything.

As the doctor entered the room, he saw a clone trooper sitting beside him, several of them had come and gone apparently whilst he was off duty.

?Ah, nice to see the commander has company since he has awoken? the doctor said with a smile as he waved his assistant and the 2-1B droid forward to begin ther examinations ?I?m sorry to disturb your chat, but I was just doing my rounds and wanted to pop in and see how the patient was doing?

Commander Alpha had sustained a nasty wound to the shoulder in a duel with a MangaGuard and was lucky to be alive. He had lost a lot of blood, and thanks to the doctor?s quick thinking they had performed surgery on him and replenished his blood supply. But he wouldn?t be seeing action for quite a while, and he looked quite weak.

?Patient is stable? reported the droid and the doctor nodded.

?He?s been going through IV drips like the plague? said his assistant changing the drips once again. ?He?ll want to eat a Wookiee sized dinner next?

Rufus turned to the commander and stared at him, hoping he could see him.

?Welcome back to the land of the living commander. You?re lucky to be alive, you are one lucky man. And with the amount of scar tissue on you, you seem to have someone smiling down on you at least?

The assistant signalled he was done and moved away to stand behind Rufus.

?My name is Doctor Marcus Rufus; I?m the Chief Medical Officer for Roadblock. As you know you were injured by a MagnaGuard, and you suffered a major shoulder injury. You lost a lot of blood, which we were able to replenish with a transfusion. We?ve also fixed your shoulder, and unfortunately you will be out of action for a while.?

The doctor let that slip in and then continued.

?The good news is that we won the battle at Mygeeto and the CIS has been defeated. We are now over Coruscant awaiting our next instructions. We may transfer you down to Coruscant in order for you to get better medical attention, but that will be up to the Captain. Right now I suggest you try and get some rest and relax. I know it will be painful, but it will pass in time?

On Huntress

After wandering around the bridge for a while watching the crew work, Charios?s comlink bleeped. It was Dctor Ashri.

?Transfer of patients is going well and we are just loading the last ones on now, all of them have remained stable so far. Let?s hope they survive the transfer down. Time to call our ride home??

?Indeed? replied the young Ensign replied ?I think our job here is done, I?ll call Captain Ivanov and have him send the shuttle. You and your team saddle up, I?ll be there to join in a few minutes?

Once Ashri had gone, Charios changed the frequency to Empire?s Will?s frequency.

?Ensign Charios to Empire?s Will,
  2. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    ~OOC~ A joint post between TheAdmiral and myself. Continuing from the events set up in TheAdmiral's post dated: 15th Nov '10 @ 2:17pm

~IC~ Ace, Aeron and Antan Azzameen, Jax, Den Dhur (NPC) I-5YQ (NPC)

Aeron was pretending to be asleep when the droid checked them out. She didn't know whether the automaton was fooled, anyway she hoped for it. She had overheard her uncle telling the droid that he is going outside for a meeting at the tapcaf. This caught her attention, she was curious and she wanted to see more of the spaceport, but she couldn't leave her little brother alone. He might wake up and be scared if she was not there. So Aeron slipped from her bunk, her tiny bare feet silently stepping on the cold metal floor to the bed where Ace was sleeping. She gently nudged him so that he would wake up. The girl leaned to her brother's ear "Hey, Ace do you want to go to an adventure?" she whispered.

Ace stirred and tilted his head up at his sister. His little fingers curled into fists as his elbows bent while he stretched. "Ad-vent-ure?" He yawned loudly and sat up, nodding his head. "I'm awake... I'm awake."

Aeron grinned in the dark room "Good boy...now get your clothes!"

Kicking the sheet off, Ace swung his solid little legs over the edge of the bed, dangling them. "Do I have to?" He mumbled as he reached out for his sister's arm.

Aeron paused for a moment to check one of their terminals to see what was happening outside. It is used mostly for schooling purposes with restrictions in place to prevent them from going out of the system to play games on it but she was starting to find ways around the security. There were exterior cameras on the ship that they had used sometimes for when learning about the stars and objects out there. Accessing one of the cameras, Aeron could barely see the lights of the towering skyscrapers through a thick veil of rain.  

Turning to her brother, "Yes unless you want to get wet..." Aeron paused and turned the volume up quietly on the speakers so that her brother could hear the raindrops hitting the metal hull.

Climbing down from the bed, Ace tottered to the chest of drawers where his clothes are kept. Pulling one wide open, he picked up a coat. "Raincoat or swimmers?" Dropping the coat at his feet, he turned and pointed to the plush animal on the bed. "Can Blinky come too?"

She was getting annoyed, this was taking too long, but she chose not to show it. After all she had to be a good older sister. "Raincoat will be fine. If Blinky wants to come you will have to protect it..." Aeron sat on the bed and took her pink socks with furry animals on them and put them on her bare feet so that she could wear the rubber boots to protect herself from the water.

Following his sister's lead, he managed to get his socks crookedly on his own feet and get another pair of socks out and started putting them on his brown and tanned coloured bear.
    "I need help with our shoes"

Aeron almost chuckled as she observed her brother putting socks on the stuffed animal, not that she wouldn't have done it but she found it cute. After a short struggle with the boots she finally managed to put them on and went to see what was the matter with Ace.

Having trouble putting on his own gumboots, he attempted to put one on Blinky's foot. Looking up to Aeron. "It fits on him..." he grumbled.

She moved in started helping him putting the boot on Blinky. At this moment she regretted agreeing to take the toy with them.

?So, Mister...Pavan when will this employer of yours wishes to travel?? Antan put his glass on the table, looking directly at the young man?s eyes. He felt nervous about this job, after all he will be smuggling a potential dissident out of Coruscant. Not an easy feat to say the least. Not only that but he had his nephew and niece on-board. Antan felt inclined to decline the offer despite the good amount of money he will earn. There was too much at stake. At least he was sup
  3. Ominous Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Captain Trawl, POF Logan and Alliance Vessels

"It shouldn't take long, roughly....." Tomaas' eyes narrowed briefly as he did the calculations in his head. "Twelve to eighteen minutes. Depends on how fast we are and how many hands helping."

With a sweep of his arm to his right, he guided them down the corridor to the main cargo hold. The access way opened with the containers ready to be transferred.

Trawl motioned Logan and his gorilla-size arms to assist in the unloading of all cargo from Captain Azzameen?s ship. The two Captains stood nearby conversing about the latest happenings in the Galaxy, what the Empire was up to and how difficult it was to scrounge a living under the eyes of the Imperial Navy. The time flew by for the men and everything was now loaded onto Rebel cargo ship.

Extending his hand, Captain Trawl smiled, ?Well it was a pleasure doing business with you. Do you have any questions before we undock from your ship and leave??

TAG: Tomaas Azzameen
  4. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Captain Iillor, ready room, bridge of the Huntress

Iillor sat forward and depressed a button on her desk as a call came from her ComScan operator.

?Captain, an AllStar shuttle is requesting permission to dock. And Ensign Charios on the hangar deck advises that it is here for him and the remaining Obdurate staff.?

?Now that?s a coincidence,? the ship?s master noted aloud, ?we have an Ensign Charios up here too; wonder if they are...? She looked around the bridge via her desk?s holocam feed, seeing no obvious sign of their liaison officer. ?...related. Or not. Alright, advise the shuttle that it has permission to land.?

?As ordered. AllStar shuttle from Huntress. Permission granted, and we are opening the magnetic shield. Nice paint job by the way.?

?ComScan. Any update on Captain Perrinaw?s shuttle??

?Has just departed Wraithis, Ma?am.?

She nodded. ?Good. It has automatic permission to land. Advise the deck officer to make sure there is sufficient room for it to land.?

?As ordered.?

?And send in that rating from the Endless. I want to see her in my ready room.?

Main hangar

A bassy horn of warning preceded the opening of the magnetic shield, several grey-uniformed technicians, and tri-legged astromechs, moved out of the way, so as not to impeded whatever new craft would be entering their lair.

A pair of white-armoured stormtroopers by the wall, also looked round curiously as a huge magnetic claw descended from the ceiling, clamped over the large dorsal fin of the Theta-class shuttle, Stealf, and moved the Inquisitor?s craft out of the way, towards a door sliding open in the opposite wall to where the stormies were.

Tag: Jerjerrod-Lennox
  5. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    ~IC~ Dash Rendar

Dash didn't know hold long he had slept, or even if he had at all. The constant humming from the engines and the vibrations of the bulkheads stayed with him. Becoming aware of an uncomfortable weight pressing against his side, his lids flickered open, feeling rough to his tired eyes as he turned his head and glanced to see what it was.

The hard, dirt caked, cobalt blue soles of the woman?s boots dug into him as her legs had stretched out to press her feet against his side. The boots were part of a bicoloured full figure body suit that hugged her body like a second layer of skin. His eyes tracked the intricate patterns of cobalt blue and azure that travelled up her legs and past the curvaceous form of her hips, realising that her attire leaves little for the imagination. Shifting his gaze up over his worn leather jacket that covered her torso to her face peeking out from within her long strawberry-blond hair that splayed messily about her neck and shoulders. For the first time since the slaver?s lair on Ryloth he could properly see her.

The smear of dirt and blood on her face did not take away from how striking she is: the curve of her jaw, the sculpt of her nose, the roundness of her cheeks. Noting movement coming from her closed lids as her eyes shift rapidly behind them. Something in her dreams must be disturbing her.

A low buzz came from his comlink. Answering it quickly to not disturb the woman, he stood up and walked to the corridor opening before he spoke.

"Yes?" He whispered.

["Could you make your way to the cockpit, sir."] Leebo's mechanised vocals came through the com.

"Aiight, sure. I'll be there in a sec." He shut the com off.

Hesitating at the access way, he went to the utility locker on the other side of the hold and pulled out a blanket. After carefully laying it over her to keep her warm, he left for the cockpit.

Upon arriving into the cockpit, he saw the LE-series droid had the astrogation charts up on the console. Taking the pilot seat, he turned to his copilot to see the single red photoreceptor staring back at him.

"The hyperdrive can not handle anymore long jumps." Leebo stated. "We only got approximately two shorter jumps left before it needs replacing."

"What are our options? Any port in a storm?" Dash asked looking to the charts.

"I have a list of several candidates already up." Leebo explained.

"Depends on our friends. we can't go to anyplace on the Gaulus Sector..." Dash murmured ad he studied the charts, the glow of the console illuminated his face. "... we can't hole up somewhere and call for a tow.... unless..."

The display flickered on the console as he locked onto a location. "There are two independent businesses operating in this region of space here. Privately owned too. That gives us options." looking to Leebo. "Which shall it be? Viraxo or Ororo?"

As they discussed a plan, they were oblivious to the footfalls coming down the cockpit hall.

Dash nodded to Leebo to proceed with the new coordinates. "Now that is settled-"

"What is settled?" A voice asked from behind them.

Recognising the voice belonging to the woman, whom was asleep in the main hold. Dash glanced over his shoulder to give a smile as his hands on the controls reverting the ship out of hyperspace, The inertia dampers prevented the jarring effect from the transitional deceleration to real space.

"That we have a new heading" Dash noticed her gaze was staring out the viewport.

"By stars..." she whispered, her gaze unmoving.

A small nebulous glow framed neatly through the viewport, a halo of blue with a band of stars crowning it. The vista remained in sight for a few seconds before the ship veered off while the calculations were made.

"You might want to sit down." Standing up, Dash moved to the wall console so the woman slid into the pilot's seat. Looking over his shoulder, grimacing to Leebo. "What IFF code are we running?"

"At the time of the Imperials arrival, the ?Outrunner?."

"They didn't b
  6. pashatemur Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: It's been forever and I know I'll get no argument on that point. Hello, all. I've miss this place and everyone mightily. Life has become hectic and I know I am not alone in finding it difficult to squirrel away some time in which to write for this thread, but, my absence is no reflection of my desire. Without further ado and with much apology, here is the first of several posts in a series to catch the game up for my characters and others. Thanks to C_O for his contributions to these post, no small effort, either, and for his aid in minding the store in my absence, to Omi, and TA, Sithy, JL and all you stalwart individuals for continuing writing, reading and or waiting.

Warmest regards,
    Pash

I'll begin with a reposting of several previous posts as reminders of where we left off:

Previously:

Pashatemur: Date Posted: 11/17/10 10:34am

IC: Ahsoka Tano, Anakin, Lord Vader, HIM, Ursean Aid at the Embassy, Miss Mira Solinova

Suddenly, the room?s seeming quiet was rent by an urgent ring bleeting out sharply, at least it seemed. Anakin looked up in consternation. ?Excuse me...? he said, rising gracefully to cross the room to a table upon which sat a small holo-transponder/transceiver.

His stride kicked the flared edge of his dark blue dressing gown out from his legs. ?Yes.? he answered simply, voice a little rough from speaking low and intimately.

?Gruss Seele, Minn Arri,? said the Ursean aid Mira Solinova, her image bowing. ?Mr. di Toli sent an encoded message. Captain Sin is returned with his ?charge? and awaits in orbit aboard the Krayt?s Fire. The vessel ?s Captain Sohmer has already made contact with Executor . Shall I reply to Mr. di Toli?? Anakin looked to Ahsoka for a moment.

?Just a moment.? said Ankin looking out to the garden pensively and inhaling he returned his gaze to the suited image of Solinova. ?Which of my ships are near Executor and Krayt?s Fire??

Ahsoka sighed in frustration and annoyance as he had to take this call., but at his tone, she smiled. That was ?Skyguy?! He was definitely in his element and in spite of the comfort and majesty of the royal suite, the shining day approaching, the call was a reminder that something very grave and big had just happened.

?Halcyon, Road Block and the Vitt,? replied Solinova after moving out of the range of her holo and returning quickly.

?Rouse General Colton and Admirals Leitman and Carthaginian, and when you?ve got them, com me,? he commanded.

?Ja, Minn Arri,? said Solinova with a slight bow. ?Shall I contact Captain Vectis and Admiral Ozzel as well??[color]

Anakin smiled and bit his lip. These past 8 years in hell had not been an entire waste! ?Yes, but don?t patch Ozzel in until I tell you, and ? add Teshik, Kadir, Amidala and ?.? He tapped his lips for a moment before deciding, ?and Sate Pestage. Add Teshik in immediately, Teshik and Amidala,? he said coming to another decision.

?Ja, Minn Arri,? said Solinova.

?Carthaginian and Leitman, first.? he added quickly, after thinking,",and this Captain Sohmer... contact him and have him ready until I ask for him."

?Ja....? began Solinova, but Anakin cut her off with a curt, ?Yes, yes, Ms. Solinava,? and ended the transmission.

Pashatemur Date Posted: 11/19/10 6:14pm

IC: Mira Solinova, USF Embassy aid to the RMU, Anakin, Lord Vader, Imperial Executor, Provisional Imperator
    LOCATION: Office of the Imperial Executor/Provisional Imperator, Provisional Palace, Ursean Embassy, Ambassadorial Sector, Imperial Center - Taungsday, the morning after the Senate bombing, 0613c

On her screen the progress of the memo as it was sent to each of the attendees scrolled:

?HM Sabe Amidala II, Queen of Naboo, Office of the Executor IC?Grand Admiral Magnes Carthaginian ? HIM SSD Halcyon?Grand Admiral Osvald Teshik, ICO, Sector Zero Command, HIM ISD Eleemosynary?Lord Admiral Julien Leitman, USF ? Mav. VittSD Vitt
  7. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    ~OOC~ Welcome back Pashatemur, it is great to have you back!! :)

The italic part of this post is from Ominous' post.

~IC~ Tomaas Azzameen

The discussion with Captain Trawl was pleasant as the cargo was transferred, it was good relaying current events and getting an unique perspective on them. As he listened to the Captain, Tomaas knew how fortunate he and his family are.

Life in space is harsher than those spent on planets. Some travellers, Tomaas had came across in backwater worlds, believed that if you leave your homeworld, you are already dead. That ships are large metal coffins ferrying you to some hereafter, depending on what belief system you buy into.

What Tomaas believes in, he keeps to himself, especially in regards to politics. The safety of his family comes first and to keep his family company healthy, he has maintained neutrality while following his conscious. Remaining neutral and maintaining that balance during a period of upheaval has its risks and rewards as does siding with the other parties. Independent parties pose threats when they exploit loopholes to hinder a rival?s company and go unpunished. To his experience, some of the larger ones are prone to corruption and bully the smaller ones into submission, bankruptcy or assimilate their assets in a take over. Xizor Transit Systems are one of the main offenders in the business.

With the hard work from his brother, Antan, and their loyal employees, they have managed to expand Twin Suns Transport Services and hold their own against the competition. Passenger and freight services the company provides allow a steady income to put towards more resources to slowly expand their operations further.

During this turbulent time and rumours from the Core and Colonies, it is hard to tell whether the market will remain the same, improve or a turn for the worse. Somehow when times look bleak, Antan has a knack for finding some arrangement to get them by.

Extending his hand, Captain Trawl smiled, ?Well it was a pleasure doing business with you. Do you have any questions before we undock from your ship and leave??

?A pleasure too.? Shaking the man's hand, Tomaas smiled. "One last thing, just to confirm that payment has been debited to cover the costs of this service and that you'll have a safe and uneventful journey back.?

TAG: Captain Trawl, POF Logan and Alliance Vessels.
  8. TheAdmiral Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Welcome back Pasha, we missed you as well!

I will post the CSs when they are ready...

Here are the pictures of two of the characters in this post. My thanks goes to Corellian_Outrider for making them.

[image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/Title%20Cards/AdriasStark.jpg]

[image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/Title%20Cards/Nyll.jpg]

IC: Adrias Stark, Nyll, Thorn

YT-1760 ?Righteous?, hyperspace

The battered ship was in hyperspace, racing to the coordinates that Master Eddard Dondarion had transmitted. Adrias had not doubts that they won?t find the Union shuttle there, probably they were captured by the Imperials. That is why his mind started to calculate how to best extract the old man. This was surely a suicide mission to say the least. Even if the freighter was in a better condition they would not be able to pull this off. The blasted decision not to go to the Nar Shadaa safehouse to get the other ship.

?I am getting old...? Adrias thought unhappily, he was making silly mistakes. That is how the pirates had found them and almost blasted them to atoms. His, Nyll?s and Thorn?s combined luck was what protected them and got them to Rendili. It was there he met a certain Togruta girl who was also trained in the Force though reluctant to admit it. Adrias had been a Jedi Knight long time ago until his Padawan Maya got brutally murdered by a slaver. Knight Stark was, and still is, a passionate man who adored his student and this was the explosive combination that made him a vigilante. The Jedi Order of course did not agree with his methods of hunting down and killing the criminals so he left them. Fearing that he might slip to the Dark Side Adrias went to the Union to train with the Death Cult Assassins. Being the former student of Eddard Dondarion and a friend to the duke he managed to convince them to accept him in their ranks. It was there where he learned to assassinate sentient beings dispassionately, not only that but to think that he is making them, and for that matter the Galaxy, a favour.

He knew there was not justification for his actions. He became a bounty hunter that works for the same people he tried to eradicate. When he found the opportunity he planted incriminating evidence so that the different gangs to start killing each other. The problem was that for every criminal he eliminated a couple more took their place. At least with the money he managed to improve the lives of the innocents he saved. Though this was only a small drop in the impossibly large ocean. During the years as a bounty hunter he did not severe all his ties to the Order, during the Clone Wars he acted as a Republic agent. He had been deep undercover behind enemy lines, sometimes performing BlackOps, sending information to the Republic.

?Remember who you are...? a hissing whisper inside his head always accompanied him ?...Assassin...Murderer...Monster...? This struck home, every time he heard the whisper Adrias almost winced from pain. He closed his eyes for a moment then opened them to see Nyll sitting across the table, he fixed on her his only good eye. Even without it he could sense her concern for him. They were sitting in the galley, now he remembered where he was, having a quiet dinner before the mission. Nyll was a red-skinned Twi?Lek he saved from slavery some time ago on Corellia. She had been a dance girl and a pet to a ruthless master. He dared not to imagine what she had to endure, maybe that is how she broke down and now was more like a child than an adult. Adrias didn?t know why she was still with him, after all these years. Maybe it was a sense of misplaced loyalty, though he doubted that she could live a normal life without someone protecting her. Nyll was more or less irresponsible and heart touchingly naive. Probably it was better that she remained with him so that the former Jedi could protect her.

He was aware of her feelings for him. She was in love with him, though he could not imagine someone having any other feelings for him other than revulsi
  9. pashatemur Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Thank you for the welcome. Good to be back.

IC: Marie-Celeste, Matriarch and Reina Mavras of Ursa, presumptive Empress of 1,000 Systems; Sophia Anastasia, Infanta of Ursa and daughter of Anakin, Lord Vader, Re Mavrat of Ursa and presumptive Emperor of 1,000 Systems; Maruuke, nurse to Sophia
    LOCATION: approaching Coruscant and beginning descent to planet aboard the Ursean Royal Yacht, Mavras Maelstrom

Urseans were on the tall side for humans, an ancient race though their blood in countless ages past mingled with that of decidedly more ancient progeny than that of the once space-faring explorers. For eons though, they lived in relative peace and good health as a whole and their stature reflected the good life of harmony and good husbandry.

Ursa system was a riot of life, with 7 planets nearly all of which were primarily temperate in climate save the far-orbiting and frozen Sabine, which even still was home to remote communities and the industrial and mining planet of Malove, a testament to a less conserving and more warlike past. In contrast to the shipyards, chemical plants and mineral depots of the dusty Malove, burgeoning bucolic 'scapes of every hue of green delighted the eye on Gripsholm, Kavala, Thermopolae and Astrachan. It had been so on Jupe in particular before Grievous destroyed the farming planet near the end of the Republic. Yet, even with the crippled Jupe, hobbling in its orbit, Ursa was still ?breadbasket? to it?s quadrant of the Galaxy.

Over an abiding populous adamantly and culturally accorded with participating and continuously negotiating its government, the Re and Reina presided with a shared parliamentary vote over a bicameral legislature with a representative democracy. The religion, though of the state, was not prescribed for all and the system had lived happily remote from the rest of the galaxy, age upon age. Ursa was not without upheaval or dissent, but for the most part, it was a sane place in which to live. The Prelates plotted upon historic occasion and reformed, the government cleansed itself of graft from time to time, but on the main, a good place.

It was from this idyll that the Reina had voyaged, speeding with all haste to stand beside her beleaguered husband. She stood now at the large round port and watched the traffic around Coruscant move in some pattern she presumed made sense to the comptrollers somewhere out there in the golden glowing dark and on planet and she counseled herself that soon she would see for herself the injuries sustained in battle and which had grieved her to undisciplined concern. The father confessor stood nearby but at a thoughtful distance. If the Reina needed the counsel of his years or his comfort she would indicate it. She was the Matriarch and he knew better than to remind her of the meditations she must already seek.

?Gruss Seele, Your Majesty,? said a crisply saluting young captain. ?I?ve come to inform you; we have been granted egress and are queuing now.?

The dark-haired Reina turned amidst a rustle of satin as the folds of her full skirt torque?d with her change of position. She had bright but dark eyes of a reddish-brown, a fine and slightly turned up nose, an intelligent gaze and gracefully arched brows. Her lips full, with a slight overbite, her chin delicately cleft and a serene poise, her head held above strong shoulders upon a slender, swanlike neck. In all, she had an exotic look, an engaging glance and a presence which conveyed both her active mind and her sincere interest in all around her and yet, she was quiet and her pliant nature belied her strength.

?How long do you estimate it will take for us to arrive on Imperial Center?? she queried with a hint of anticipation in her voice.

?The queue is quite long, but way will be given for our landing. I expect we shall arrive within the next hour. Preparations are being made for security on our vector and atmospheric traffic must be diverted,? he added apologetically.

Marie-Celeste incl
  10. pashatemur Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: This is a joint post with C_O to whom I offer my thanks.

IC: Anakin, Quin Vos, Lord Admiral Julien Leitman of the Ursean Security Forces; Ahsoka Tano
    LOCATION: In conference in the Ursean Embassy/Imperial Palace (Leitman via holo from aboard the USF destroyer and flag ship, Vitt Utharde); a transport in transit to the Imperial Senate, Coruscant

The young Emperor turned about to regard Vos once more, but on the periphery, Anakin caught the slender flash of violet that was Ahsoka?s trim form leaving, her old clothes bundled in her arm and he smiled briefly, reminded that she was indeed returned. He knew Ahsoka had not eaten for a long while and needed to hurry a long anticipated breakfast to accomplish her current task. She?d be anxious to get back.

The bleat of a comm call interrupted both the reminiscence.

He answered quickly, "Ahem - i...yes, Ms. Solinova?"

Vos regarded Ahsoka?s leaving for a moment before his attention too was caught by the ring of the comm. He glanced sideways to Anakin and noted Vader's stance. This was official business that interrupted their conversation, whatever it was about. He shifted position and rubbed his chin as he stepped away from the younger man hoping he'd not be detained or worse, required to participate in a matter of state.

"Minn Arri," said Mira, now materializing before them as a blue hued ethereal bust of the woman whence came the voice. "We await Moff Kadir and Her Highness, the Queen of Naboo."

"And Lord Admiral Leitman?" queried Anakin.

"He's just logged in, Your Majesty," confirmed the aid.

"Excellent," Anakin commented almost to himself and bowing his head as he bit his lower lip. He continued to talk at the holo image as he stood over the invisible floor sensors. "Put Lord Admiral Leitman through - only."

"Yes, Minn Arri..."

"Minn Re, Du er...er mycket förbättrat," Julian exclaimed as the Re?s, now possibly Emperor rose in translucent blue before him.

Though relatively young to hold his position, Leitman bore his surprise at his Re?s visible restoration to health, well. Gone were the puffed and oozing burns to Vader?s flesh, upon his previously singed pate, a full mane of reddish-brown falling to below his shoulders, the blistered and charred sliver of lips now full, the familiar intense blue gaze fringed once again by the thick lashes that with Vader?s brows had been burned away, the lesions and dark circles under the eyes gone without trace! Poised, recovering his stoic countenance quickly, the Lord Admiral Leitman stood at attention.

The last the Ursean had seen of Vader, the young Emperor was being moved from his USF flag ship, Vitt Utharde in a medical capsule, looking disquietingly reminiscent of a bisko steak in a wine marinade. Dr. Molita?s shamanic skills and medical acumen were renowned, but Leitman had to admit, he had been shaken and wondered if the Re wasn?t beyond the doctor?s considerable talents to mend. Now to see the Re, restored, it was more than the Admiral could hope so soon to see.

"Förlåta jag!" Julian said bowing and asking pardon for staring. "Din hår. Jag rapportera, som anmodat, min Vår Arri," he said, his voice now firm and recovered as he reported officially for duty.

Vos, recognizing the lilt of the Ursean language and translated quickly, though it did not require much application of Vos? considerable skills of observation to decipher what Leitman said so clearly in his formal salute- the Admiral?s belief in and recognition of Vader?s authority.

Anakin smiled slightly and formally addressed the Ursean Lord Admiral. "Vår Herre Amiral." Julian's surprise was expected. When Anakin left the Vitt, he was laboring for breath and only Molita's stimulan
  11. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Colonel Sin, Sohmer?s ready room, off the Krayt?s Fire? bridge

Drenched and sitting cross-legged upon Captain Sohmer?s sodden desk, the red-clad Emperor?s Hand had cause to think wistfully of the Ursean family seat, which he had helped to raze to the ground, following his metamorphosis into a big spined Sith Dragon.

Now the Urseans, led by their Re, his friend Anakin, knew how to treat someone afflicted as he: call in a load-lifting LAAT and carry his choob to the spaceport.

Here, aboard the Krayt?s Fire, the Venator Star Destroyer sent to find Emperor Palpatine?s remains on Kalee, before Tarkin?s agents, here aboard the ?Fire, they had no style. No elan.

The Sith Marauder glared darkly at the sealed doorway.

Here, they had been a lot less accomodating. At the first sign of flames, Sohmer and Commander Merch had hopped over his rippling form, hot-footed it out the door, and sealed it behind them, leaving his choob locked inside the cabin.

Then the growing conflagration had triggered the fire suppression system, and an inverted spout of fire-retardent foam had sprayed over Sohmer?s furniture, fittings, books. And the Colonel.

At first, the harsh bubbles had stung his eyes, but then Sin had drawn upon the Force to numb the pain, so he did not have to shield his face like a common mook.

Though it was to be expected, aboard a star vessel, it had taken him a remarkably long time to spot that the water and foam was not actually going anywhere, and was pooling around his feet.

He had soon had to abandon the chair he had been sitting on, in faux nonchalance, waiting for the Captain to return. But he hadn?t.

Sin used his hands to comb the foam from his face and scalp, and frowned. How long would Sohmer let this farce continue?

The water was almost level with the top of the desk upon which the colonel sat. ?Alright, joke is over, guys.? He called towards the silent door. ?It?s okay, I have changed back now!?

Between his lightsabre and the Dark Side, he could break out of here easily enough, but quite apart from the armed star destroyer crew between him and the docking bays, the only thing that stayed his hand, was that he had felt Jacen Wayland die.

He didn?t know what his fellow Hand had done to deserve his fate, though the Emperor?s servants, he, Jacen and Encantor, had failed to protect the Death Star that the whole campaign was intended to capture.

The string of spoken phrases that he recognised as Ursean, female Ursean, drew his attention to the priority communications console, and he could see the black square of the monitor poking above the sea of grey foam like a Kaminoan city. Ah, the dirt they had tracked onto the carpet, was rising on the water.

Oh great.

?Sohmer, that message, the restricted communique, is coming through!? He called out, fidgeting on the desk and needing direction.

?Well, we?re not coming back in there.? Someone called from the other side of the barrier. ?Can?t you take a message?? He suspected it was that upstart, Merch, but could not tell.

?No I can?t take a Fething message!? Sin countered angrily, an uncontrolled burst of the force, rippling a shallow concave into the durasteel door, without breaking the seals.

The Maruader aimed a hand up to the ceiling, turning and closing it into a fist. In the same instance, the fire nozzle crushed in on itself, reducing the spray from a wet umbrella to a pathetic single stream that plooplooplooplooped into the bubbly soup around the desk.

?Well, aren?t you an Emperor?s Hand? Surely you have priority codes of your own!?

Oh that was definitely Merch. No-one else, apart from the captain would know what Sin was. Though everyone that he sensed on the bridge, levelling guns, extinguishers, and harpoons at the door, would know now.

Harpoons?! The Colon
  12. CrystalFixation Jedi Knight

With approval of the excellent GM!

---

Name: Vasrem
    Species: Human
    Home world: Bastion
    Affiliation: Sith
    Personality
    ---Traits: Bold, honorable, unpredictable
    ---Dislikes: Over-confidence, needless bloodshed
    ---Habits: Can become impulsive as he is still young in both age and in the force.
    Appearance
    ---Skin Color: Pale caucasian
    ---Hair Color: Brown, very dark
    ---Eye Color: Blue
    ---Clothing: Black undergarb with a black hood and uniform boots.
    ---Height: 5'10"
    ---Other Attributes: Medium-short hair, dishevelled and falls just above eyebrows.
    Weapons: Single lightsaber (red)
    Starship
    ---Name: Admonitio
    ---Class: Belbullab-22 starfighter
    ---Hyper drive Class: Class 6
    ---Weapon(s): Triple laser cannons
    ---Shields: Deflector shield
    ---Crew: 1
    ---Passenger(s): N/A
    ---Max Cargo (kg): 160kg
    ---Interior Description: Black leather
    ---Other Details: Battle-worn chrome outer layer
    The Force
    ---Sensitivity: Yes
    ---Light saber
    -----Crystal(s): Focusing crystal, tuned to Vasrem
    -----Blade(s): One blade of average length
    -----Color(s): Red
    -----Handle Description(s): The hilt is all black and consists only of gripping on its exterior, with a single red button
    Biography
    ---Personal History: Vasrem was a Padawan of Dooku, trained in the final years of the Count's life amongst his other acolytes. The dark youth spent a long time isolated; his training on board many of Dooku's vessels seemed endless, and made him feel small and alone in the turbulent galaxy. Throughout his younger years, he spent time developing lightsaber skills and researching the true background of the Sith. When Count Dooku met his demise at some point during the war, Vasrem dedicated his time to fixing up the Admonitio, his own personal starship, so that he may unravel the true enigma of the Sith and what it means to him.

---

IC: Vasrem
    The Admonitio, orbiting Fondor

Quiet, everything here was quiet. The Admonitio was in hibernation, thus navigation controls and everything else on board that would usually be making a resonant tone had stopped.

Vasrem was seated within the pilot's chair, staring out of the viewscreen at Fondor swelling with its populace. Fondor was a planet aligned ? although recluctantly so - with the Confedaracy. It would be no surprise that with the death of Dooku and more recently General Grievous, that Fondor had taken this opportunity to sever any ties they had with the CIS. Although brittle, the Federation had made it clear they were still in full opposition of the Empire. At least Vasrem had heard this was the case. News concerning both factions was not rare in the Colonies, but it was difficult in his position to obtain information that was not distorted by its source.

As a result of doubting his own security, Vasrem did not settle on any planet for too long. The last stop was at Neona, through fault of the Admonitio's hyperdrive. Fondor, however, looked like quite a gamble. There was no rush, and if docking authority had anything to complain about, he could simply navigate further into the colonies, jumping from planet to planet.

Suddenly Vasrem felt a twitch. He had spent a long time thinking, and meditation certainly was overdue. But in a confined pit such as this, that was not practical.

Fondor it was, then.

The ship buzzed back to life, navicomputer bleeping into function. Vasrem keyed through the computer. He would not need clearance apparently, although to be on the safe side, he set Fondor's desert surface as his destination, out in the middle of nowhere. The engine droned and with little enthusiasm powered the Admonitio into acceleration, yawning after a brief nap. The starfighter made its way through the atmosphere and plummeted into the clouds, allowing itself to swoop graciously towards the barren stretch of land below. Beyond the red tinted earth, canyons were all that was visible, with the exception of the mynocks that inhabited them. The Admonitio landed steadily, blowing a haze of dust and sand at its feet as it did so. The engines cooled an
  13. pashatemur Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: This is a joint post with LZM/MOO - many thanks to her.

Also, welcome to GAW IV Crystal Fixation.

IC: Anakin; Sabe, Queen Amidala II of Naboo
    LOCATION: Via holo, Ursean Embassy; Senate Office of the Executor, Coruscant

Line by line, thin planes of light rose and flickered before the Naboo Queen, casting a pale blue glow about the artificially darkened office.

Sabe pinched her cheeks quickly. It seemed days though it had only been 18 hours since she?d felt anything other than an artificial current across her brow and after the power-play of the night, she thought she must look bedraggled - first Vos, then Grand Vizier Pestage, Senator Organa, and then that Inquisitor!

Bail had departed after remaining with her till he was certain they?d seen the last of the Inquisitor. She thanked the Senator for bringing her a warm dinner and he made a very awkward goodbye. Monitoring and haggling with the various security entities around Coruscant, the Queen finally gave over the effort to Vader?s staff and Sabe took the opportunity to rest for a few hours and freshen up before dawn brought a new set of difficulties to the Office of the Executor.

Brushing an errant curl from before her eyes, she breathed away her eagerness and concern and adopted the neutral face she?d learned so well as Padme?s decoy.

My, the holos here on Coruscant are so dense and clear that if not for the luminescence, one could take them for ?real? rather than holo projection!

?Amidala, Your Majesty?" the image voiced softly, the ?original? obviously gazing at and addressing the holo-figure now rising before him in like radiance.

Immediately, Artoo bleated a long and eager greeting, as he no doubt recognized his master?s voice. The Queen smiled to herself as she saw Anakin?s face light up momentarily with a sort of boyish relief at the sound the astro-mech made as he trundled forward, the droid?s blue dome rolling up just level with the top of the desk. Sabe instinctively put her hand atop the smooth metal surface and patted Artoo.

Anakin stammered in his familiar way, always her visage and countenance evoking internally in him complex responses. In holo, Sabe could look even more like Padme than in person and the effect was arresting. He drew himself up. "Your...Majesty," he said again wetting his lips, but that's not what he wanted to say and Sabe smiled, a little flattered and a little dismayed at the effect she made in him, bemused slightly at his stalling tactic while he regained his train of thought.

Sabe blinked several times, narrowing her eyes. Same open brow, nose, gaze, and black monk?s robes, the stance, thumbs in belt, so typical. "Anakin?"

Yet, what a change in his appearance since last they were together! Anakin had surely been near death when the Ursean doctor had carried him through the secret passage out of his Senate office. "I am glad to see you recovered...but...so complete?and your hair...it is? longer...." she said in a puzzled tone baffled by what must be nothing short of miracle. The burns he?d received in battle, his labored breath, sunken eyes and singed head were all now restored.

Something else was different....so hard to tell in this small holo.
    "Tell me - what has happened?? Sabe modulated her voice easily, relaxing and allowing for a less restrained and unreadable tone.

He smiled and blinked, "I've so much to tell you..." he almost whispered, leaning in unconsciously, but straightening and clearing his throat as he heard movement behind him, reminding him that he was not alone. "You've no doubt seen the conference list. I wanted to tell you before the conference... Colonel Sin," he almost flinched mentioning the Sith guardian's name to Sabe after her experience with him, "has recovered the Emperor's remains from Kalee. He has arrived in system aboard a ship called the Krayt's Fire. Captain So
  14. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    ~OOC~Special thanks to Pashatemur for this joint post between us.

Welcome, CrystalFixation! :)

I hope everyone has had a safe and wonderful time around this special holiday weekend.

~IC~ Ahsoka Tano, Miss Soobie

?This is it.? She muttered, standing up, placing the hilt back on her belt, nodding to the guard to accompany her.

Leaving the transport, the sharp scent of burning synthetic fibers, metals and durarock permeated the air, her black leather boots trudged through the residue of soot and dust as they passed through the large entrance to the Senate Building.

Her heart picked up speed as she looked over the emergency teams clearing debris and still searching for survivors. Part of herself kept alert for anyone she might know. Her time. Passing through these hallways accompanying her Master to senate hearings, reporting to the then chancellor or the offices to visit friends. ?This damage here was what Anakin went through? There was more damage at another location. Were they attacking a symbol or trying to kill `specific Senators??

Ahsoka found herself considering where the most damage had occurred. Her brow furrowed as she looked to the spot. That's near the old offices of the Supreme Chancellor. Did they mean to target that? Surely, they were empty these days. She found her glance take in the panorama. To the north was another damaged structure - an oppressive dark pyramidal shape, or rather, what had been pyramid in shape. The apex was missing. ?Why target there and there? Were the two related? Had to have been targeted from different directions. Hum....! Two different assailants? The Senate had to have been targeted...? Her mind raced quickly, as Ahsoka summed up what she could of the incident or incidences. Her mind kept returning to these questions and more as she continued further into the building.

Making their way past the security checks and inside the Senate, the corridors looked familiar from the times she used to come here with her Master, usually regarding some crisis. Taking the lift up to the offices, her eyes alert for any familiar faces, she noticed the place was rather bustling with traffic for having been so recently under siege as it had been described to her.

?Are you lost,? said Mercier as the beautiful Togruta stood peering about the office.

She?d entered under certain notice, but the fact that she wore a sabre was of some concern and that she carried a weapon outwardly - it was a clear indication, someone?s head was going to be overstepped!

Mercier straightened his already straight and precisely donned jacket. His trousers too were crisply pleated, altogether a very ?clean? man.

?Ohhh...? she sighed under her breath as she turned her gaze to regard the man, refraining from pursing her lips. Maybe the best left unsaid, the better. ?No. I am fine, thank you.?

?Have you an appointment??

Glancing to one of the guards that was accompanying her and then back to the man. ?If there is one logged down in the system, it would have been from a very short notice.?

?Oh,well, we?re a snippy one!? said Mercier, sniffing the air. ?If you haven?t an appointment, state your business. This isn?t a hotel lobby!?

Not letting his tone phase her, ?I am here to collect someone.?

?Yes? Kindly tell me the name and I might be able to help you then.?

?The Re?s Astromech, serial number: Artoo- Deetoo?

?Uh....Oh,? said Mercier, noticeably changed but still suspicious. No one but the Ursean?s called Lord Vader, ?Re?. ?I?ll need to see a requisition or your clearance, p
  15. TheAdmiral Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: ARC Commander Alpha, Lord Admiral James Xavier

VenSD ?Roadblock?

Alpha had been lying in the bed for some time after Sparks? visit. His head was clearer now, though some traces of the anaesthetic remained to blur his mind. Not that he cared, after all he could think straighter, at least compared to half-an-hour ago. The Commander could almost contain himself from grinning - one way or another he always managed to find his way to the infirmary. There were probably few parts of his anatomy that were not severely injured before. Well that was the fate of the soldier. Being back on a Venator made him uneasy, after all he had turned his back on the Empire and his brothers to join the foolhardy effort of the ARR. Not that he believed much in their cause...as much as he tried to put a reason behind his actions back then he could not find any. Maybe it was because of Dennii and milady Amidala?

It was not important now, is it? He was back in the Empire?s grasp and there was nothing he could do. Well there was still the possibility to become a bounty hunter or a merc, but with his temper the Commander would not last long. Besides he was too used to be leading men in the front lines. Alpha considered the possibility of helping his ner?vods in the Empire, maybe to find ways for them to defect, at least the ones that are willing to do so. Not that they would have a better life outside the armed forces. At least they would be free. Free... What a sweet word, but one that had no meaning for him, the Commander would never be free. Freedom was denied to him. His anger and hatered will haunt him forever and the sense that he failed in his duties. His values all but shattered in a moment - all his life he had been trained to protect the Republic.

He had been there when it happened, when the Republic was no more. It was then when Alpha had realized that they were mere pawns and killing machines...automata - no different from the droids they had been fighting. At least he could sympathize with the soulless machines. Then, why did he escape to the ARR? For a time he lied to himself that they were representing the Republic, the true Republic, the pure Republic. But, unfortunately they were no different from the real one that got dissolved. The way they looked at him as if any moment he would start killing them just because he was a Clone - an artificial person in their eyes. No matter that he declared himself a person they viewed him again as a machine. Of course there were people who befriended him, or at least accepted him, throughout the years... General Kenobi, General Secura, General Mundi, Fei?Ona, Dennii and...General Skywalker.

Alpha was not sure whether Skywalker still considered him a friend after everything that had happened and the way he acted towards him. To be fair the Commander had treated him unfairly. Yes, the man had betrayed the Republic and the Jedi Order, but Alpha was a traitor as well. Maybe there were other things in common, not that he was ready to forgive Skywalker...not yet, not until Denniii is out there and could be captured or worse...killed any moment for the fact that she is a Jedi. If Skywalker is willing to spare her this fate and let her go, maybe the Commander would be ready to start making amends. Or maybe to start fixing the situation and then try bargain with him for Dennii?s life, provided she would not get captured or killed during this period. Unfortunately there was no other way for now he would play his part and would try to survive.

Alpha wondered whether he will remain as part of the forces that ?Roadblock? carried or will be transferred to another ship. The Commander hoped that he would stay as he begun to like it there. And finally to have a decent commanding officer in Captain Vectis? face, at least she cared for her people. Which was a very good quality in a leader. He wondered whether she shared his sentiment...probably not if she knew what he had done before. The Captain would be right to be suspicious of him as Alpha knew that he would be if he was in her position. Building
  16. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Responding to the Ahsoka / Soobie open tag

IC: H the Hoojib, and Dak Trooper, Executor?s Outer Office, and aboard the Huntress Interdictor, respectively

The presence of, yes, a Force Sensetive, managed what time had not, and roused the stunned hoojib, the only initial evidence of its presence within the administrative cubicles, the rustling of crumpled flimsi as its left foreleg twitched reflexively.

Within seconds, the telepathic white rodent?s heart rate increased, and it opened its big expressive eyes to find its nose twitching and wedged against the side of the grey metal bin, nestled in a nest of flimsi and other clerical detritus.

?I am here to collect someone.?

H did not recognise the voice, but he was able, from experience, to sense that the speaker was jedi. He could not say how, but it was like those underworld denizens who claimed to be able to smell cops.

His fur was standing on end now. He wouldn?t be able to leave the bin yet; he?d look a right sight.

?Yes? Kindly tell me the name and I might be able to help you then.?

Well, he recognised that voice. It was the kid who had greeted him and the Inquisitor?s party just a few moments ago...Dak? Detective Lockley? Where was everybody?

?The Re?s Astromech, serial number: Artoo- Deetoo.?

H was lying on his side. His left eye was able to look up past the rim; even the ceilings looked nice in this place.

?Uh....Oh. I?ll need to see a requisition or your clearance, please.?

H tried to frown, but his physiology and situation were not making it easy. He was no expert, but it did not sound to him like the kid took her request well.

The hoojib used his minds eye to form a mental image of lips it did not have, pursed them just so, and emitted a telepathic attention-calling whistle.

Huntress 418-Interdictor

The Jango clone wearing the modified black TIE pilot?s uniform, stood in the sterile white Deck Four corridor outside the medical wing sealed off by Imperial Intelligence, and within sight of their two IntSec guards at the far end.

He had just delivered a set of clothing to Detective Kate Lockley inside, and now waited for her to change.

His face screwed up and he ducked reflexively as a telepathic whistle pierced his head.

?AHH!?
  17. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    ~OOC~In counsel with Pashatemur, this post is, in part, meant to establish the current disposition of Imperial and CIS held territory. Fondor is currently in Imperial control.

~IC~ Captain Cale Lawson, Lieutenant Beri Tulon, Sergeant Millen Fondor Chief Engineer Florence Arno and Vince Mathous.
    Region: Fondor
    Location: Shipyard Drydock - Victory-class Star Destroyer, ?Ulysses?

It was a time of uncertainty as relative calm settled over the shipyard, vessels moored and docked for repairs or refuel and supply. Many of the off-duty personnel were at loss what to do with their time and found their way to the mess hall or lounges to watch the Holo-Net. News from the Outer Rim Campaigns had reached them. What should have been a time of celebration over the Imperial victory as the Separatist forces were broken and routed from their stronghold on Kalee, no longer posing a threat to the mighty Empire left them feeling rather out of it, held up over Fondor for repairs and unable to go on leave. Some had formed impromptu celebrations in their cramped quarters, but rations were still on and, necessity the mother of invention, brought out the latent distiller or home baker in many!

Sending the report to Command would have to wait until the long range communications array was repaired, Cale Lawson thought as he accessed the communications console. However, internal and short range communications were functioning.

Keying in the code for the Generator Room, he waited a few moments before the display showed the feed from the lower sections of the ship. A smiling face came into view.

"Captain Lawson," Fondor's Chief engineer greeted Cale from the com display. "What can I do for you?"

"Ms. Arno." Cale smiled lightly. "I am enquiring about the progress on the repairs."

Glancing over her shoulder, briefly gesturing to someone out of the view of the monitor before turning back. "We have done some tests and the generators look good. However, to be sure we need your permission to shut down all power and do a start up. That way we can locate any problems before they arise."

"Any idea how long that would take?" Cale asked.

"Between two to five hours, give or take."

"You have my permission to proceed. I'll have to inform the rest of the ship, especially the slicers working on the information we pulled from the Lucrehulk?s databanks."

"It'll be half an hour before we shut them down. Another thing..." Florence glanced down to check her datapad. "If that works out successfully, we'll put each of the systems through its paces and that might lead into the night. Tomorrow, outside work will commence on repairing that atmospheric wing and the continuation of the installation of armoured plating to the hull."

"Any estimates-" Cale changed his question as he noticed her eyes narrowed. "...on who would place first at the Schroeder Cup on Mon Gazza?"

Her expression bemused. "I haven't the time to follow sports."

"Ah,? Cale smiled lightly. ?...not to worry. Usually some contender from Malastare."

"Captain, this will take time. There is nothing you can do on your end. Go get some rest."

"I'll take than under advisement." Cale nodded. "Keep me informed of any new developments."

"Of course, Captain," She smiled as the transmission ended.

Turning away from the com. Cale caught sight of Ensign Whemberley approaching with a hurried gait and an air of urgency about him. "Excuse me, Sir! We've picked up activity from Fondor's security. Sensors picked up on a ship that entered their system, a small vessel.?

?And?? Cale asked as he started down the main corridor towards the turbolifts, the Ensign matching his pace. Small vessels were not usually something of concern to a secure installation such as this unless there were specific suspicious characteristics to cause alarm.

?This one has been spotted bearing Confederate markings.?

Stopping, Cale hit the button for the turbolift. ?Coincidence??

?Uh.. I.. am not sure.?The Ensign frowned. ?You
  18. CrystalFixation Jedi Knight

IC: Vasrem
    Nallastia, surface

Vasrem's eyes twitched open as his meditation came to an end. The wind blasted his face, but he stood and turned away from the direction of it. Was Fondor always this windy? Looking back at his ship, Vasrem toyed with the idea of going scouting. This rock he had landed on did not seem to have any significant life force that he could pick up, well at least not in the present vicinity. Tormented by the possibility of missing out on an educational venture of this planet, Vasrem started to walk.

It was not long until he located the source of the wind: altitude. It appeared the stretch of land he had touched down on was not a stretch of land in the usual sense, but a giant cliff. The cliff was surrounded by a dense fog, making it impossible to see what was beneath. Not only would he need to negotiate the side of the canyon, but he would also need to make sure he knew how to get back up. As he peered over the edge, a natural incision, he noticed, in the face of the stone made its way down to the foot of the canyon, giving him a way down and a way up. That's what he had hoped anyway.

It was a big fall. One misplaced foot was all it needed to send him to his death, he noted. But the force would not let him go that easily. Just like a binding element, it applied only the slightest amount of energy to ensure he was hugging the sides of the rock. The force was an invaluable tool in moments like these. As his descent became faster and less dangerous, the fog cleared and a mass of trees and wildlife appeared before his eyes. This certainly wasn't Fondor, but the ship's navigational systems did not lie. Perhaps there was a planet closer to Fondor than he believed, and his ship had brought him to it instead. It was of no concern to him, however. There would be no competition for a young man of his aptitude, especially if he could not sense it.

From the rocks, the swampy land beneath him did not look too hazardous. Leaping into the knee deep foliage and other unknown liquids, Vasrem trudged through the jungle habitat aided by vines that draped from the tree tops above. He was not sure what would be down here, or if there would be anything at all. His black cloak defined him from his surroundings, but made it so that if he needed, he could quickly find a dark spot in the shadows to camouflage.

This situation was similar to how he located many secrets as a student on Dooku's ship, playing past the dangers of security, cameras and droid defenses much to his master's resentment. Perhaps even now this method would yield similar results.

TAG: C_O...
  19. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Nice posts, Corellian and Crystal.

In the former's, I liked the military checking the room, spreading out, then finding the doughnuts. Good twist.

In the latter, source of the wind; I've landed on a cliff! Travelling through the jungle with the Force as your ally, and the cloak to help hide.
  20. TheAdmiral Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: director Aurelius; magister Vernius; Inquisitor Dominic, Confessor Selena Agna

Locations: Committee for State Security Head Quarters, planet Tyran; Administrative office, planet Ix; Unification Park, Kaitain

It was early morning on the planet Tyran when the outsider forces surrounded the Union. Everyone in the huge, cube of concrete building that was the Head Quarters of the Committee for State Security (also known as CSS) was fully awake. The truth was that the organization never slept as there were always things around the Galaxy that required the attention of the Union. The CSS was protecting the interests of the Great Houses and especially the ones of the ruling House. They had a vast networks of spies spread around the Outer Rim and on some of the Mid Rim worlds. The agents ranged from: trade representatives, businessmen, industrialists, government officials, clerks or just simple citizens. They were to monitor the attitudes on these poorer planets so that the Union could manipulate them when needed.

One of the more spectacular almost-successes was the campaign against the Trade Federation during the Chancellorship of Valorum just before the Naboo incident and Palpatine?s ascension. The Federation was a long time competitor of the Union that even managed to elbow them from a lot of lucrative markets in the backwater worlds. The situation was very suitable for the Union?s interest: this situation created discontent around numerous worlds, terrorist groups emerged, the Senate was corrupt, and the Republic was rotting from within. It was the perfect moment for the Union to strike, after all they have been preparing for such a moment for ages. They have been training pirates, mercenaries, terrorists, future-rebels, guerillas, smugglers in secret camps within the Union. Then they were ?re-planted? on their homeworlds so that they could topple pro-Republic or pro-Trade Federation governments thus causing additional chaos. Of course in some worlds the plans backfired those criminals have used the knowledge and technologies provided to fulfill their own agendas but still managed to preoccupy the Republic enough. The foolish duke Leto III Atreides stopped the preparations for an invasion just as when the Union gained the moral upper hand to rally the poor planets against the rich ones and to force the Republic to its knees. Then they would have been able to expand their territories consuming resources and building more and more ships for another expansion. But the duke was mislead by the now known as the Truthsayer or simply the Lord Advisor. The Atreides had been scared by the Jedi and their powers and this fear paralyzed him and forced him to close his eyes for the opportunities.

Director Aurelius was just a junior analyst back then but he could connect the dots even with the limited information. He could read the internal reports about the growing discontent within the Union. It was a missed opportunity, one that cost them a lot. After Palpatine?s election to the position of Supreme Chancellor he started systematically cutting the Union off and reducing its corrupting influence. Now the Republic was stronger than it was with a battle-hardened and intelligent army to back it up. The transformation to a centralized government made it easy to control and to rally more resources against a threat. The other problem was that the ARR has the moral upper hand ? fighting for the oppressed and for the weak. The Union was marginalized, reduced to an obscure entity that has very deep internal and external issues. Luckily the old duke was removed and replaced with the more able and clear minded duchess Jori. Aurelius did not harbor hard feelings for the man, the problem was that he did not have the strength to rule the Union as it is supposed to be ruled. He had been very soft and blind to the opportunities that were presented to him. Jori on the other hand is a predator ? a cold hearted and ruthless. A lot of people underestimate her because of her looks and of her pretending to being a brainless doll - a doll that has
  21. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    ~OOC~ This post was written by LZM/MOO, Pashatemur and myself. It has been an absolute pleasure writing together.

I do have more posts on the way, I thank you for your patience.

~IC~ Commissar Ahsoka Tano, Sabe - Queen Amidala II of the Naboo, Miss Soobie.
    Senate office of the Executor - Senate District - Coruscant/Imperial Centre

Waiting with Miss Soobie by the double doors to the Executor?s Office. Ahsoka tilted her head as she picked up a voice... disembodied... childlike in demeanour, asking for some form of assistance. It reminded her of an anthropomorphic plush toy of a heavyset mammalian with it?s head caught in a container of honey and the phrase, ?Silly old bear?came to mind. What a strange little hunch!  Crinkling her nose, she looked out over the cubicles and sensed nothing at all like a tight jar opening with a plushy protruding from it.  Shrugging, she returned her gaze to the double doors before which she stood.  There were more pressing matters that required her attention than to deviate out of curiosity to resolve the mild irritation that some issue lay unfinished out in the gray maze of the administrative pool.  

Looking to Soobie, Ahsoka moistened her lips before asking, ?This would probably sound silly, but is there a child about? I can hear what sounds like someone needing to be extricated from a biscuit tin,? Ahsoka asked with a curious and incredulous little smile, gesturing with her right hand and jostling her lekku as she shook her head.

Soobie turned about with a raised brow.  Her forehead knit with confusion.  ?No...not here!  How do ? I mean, really?  I don?t hear anything like that, but might be someone in the lounge.  Bet Jorge has his hand caught in the vending machine again!? she said knowingly.   She wouldn?t be surprised.  Everyone had pulled a very long and frenetic shift and though Senator Organa had kindly sent in refreshments and the Naboo Queen had seen they were all supplied, the staff were all of them wilted over their work manning the coms and acting as a hub for communications between the provisional government and the huge bureaucracy that was the Galactic Empire.  Soobie looked about and waved a nearby co-worker over.  ?Check the lounge.  See if there?s anything amiss will you??

?And tell whoever it is to let go of the item they are holding? Ahsoka added, amused. She had seen her fair share of people at spaceports caught in those ?lethal traps?.

Shrugging, Soobie turned again to the door controls and chimed the interior waiting to speak into the door comm.
    "Ahem...Your Majesty," she queried standing on tip toes out of habit and not for any particular need to reach the com receiver.

Amidala opened one eye, hearing the receiver. / Who was it now? /  Sabe cleared her voice "Yes Ms Soobie, who wishes to enter Grand Central Coruscant now?" / Surely people did not walk through these offices so freely on an ordinary day./

She had been going through her mind the Senatorial representatives Anakin requested. Senator Organa was a given. He was well respected in the Senate. An honest man.Considering the rest of the Senate, Sabe was narrowing down other candidates as possible witnesses for Palpatine?s autopsy and the preparation of the remains the for lying ?In-state.?

"Yes, what is it Ms Soobie? " Sabe repeated. / So many were executed by Palpatine. Senators Cadaman, Dowmeia, Limoth.../

"The Ursean Embassy commed. His Majesty sent an associate to retrieve his R-2 D-2 unit." Soobie answered.

"Yes, I was expecting her. Tell Ahsoka she may enter." Sabe drummed her fingers upon the desk.

"It would appear you are leaving R2. Don't forget your creators - the Naboo." Amidala said softly. "I shall never forget how you sa
  22. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: I think that is the first tag I have had answered in months! Thank you!

IC: Dak Trooper, Ewlla Iillor, Galactic City

The Theta-class shuttle, Stealf, dropped out of the blue morning sky, and descended smoothly onto the VIP landing pad near to the Senate, the circle of grey ferrocrete rimmed by a whitewashed wall with a single egress point.

Moments after the tri-finned craft settled, the edge of a boarding ramp appeared under her beak-like nose, and extended at a downward angle to the ?crete.

Five white-armoured stormtroopers waited for the passengers to debark, and when they did, they were the black-clad bounty hunter in his customised TIE uniform and helmet, and a female human in the grey uniform and peaked cap of the Imperial Navy, and a stuffed cloth-bag.

A stormtrooper ran a retina scan on the woman, since she was missing formal ID, and paused to look at his reader while it dipped into the massive Forces database across the city.

?Ensign Dinah, welcome to Imperial Centre. I was sorry to hear about the Endless.?

The woman bowed her head. ?Thank you, Sergeant.? She deliberately inflated his rank. She had enough experience around stormtroopers to tell their ranks apart.

The trooper was ready to tell the other arrival to remove his helmet, then noted that he had a bounty hunters? ID, which tended to allow their carriers to maintain their anonimity.

Personally, he thought that was lax security, and maybe under this new emperor, he would put together a memo on the subject...

His armour clacked as he stood to attention, his reader suddenly highlighting the bounty hunter?s Inquisitorious affiliation!
    The stormtrooper actually saluted. ?Sir!?

?Yes?? Dak looked at the soldier, slightly bemused. For all he knew, there was another Jango clone like himself under that frowning white helmet.

?Welcome to Imperial Centre, Sir. What can we do for the Inquisitorious??

Ah. Okay, now he could see what was going on. And not bad considering he was still a novice. Though he was definitely getting a crash course! He wondered how many other hunters on their first weeks, had a run-in with jedi. And, Force-forbid, he was potentially walking into another one. Was he mad? ?I have business at the Senate. My transport should be parked nearby.?

As the two exited the landing circle, descending the steps to the vehicle park, Dak turned to his companion. ?So, uh, Ensign. My speeder is just over here. Do you need a lift anywhere??

Ewlla shook her head gratefully, but kept her voice low. ?Thank you, but no. And thank you for not giving me away back there. Him calling me, ?ensign?, must have been a shock.?

?We are both on missions for the Empire.?

?Yes.? Her voice was quiet, as she considered the story she had told him, after she?d had the Huntress? bridge delay his shuttle?s departure so she could join it. ?We are.? Ewlla looked up, gazing across the unfamiliar cityscape as it was visible from the vehicle park.

The sky was reflected in the canopies and sheens of the dozens of parked speeders. In the distance, between towering edifices, she could see the airborne lines of the early morning commuters.

Though she had been breathing since touchdown, it finally occurred to her to take a deep inhalation, and savour it. She had, after all, been onboard ship for a good part of her life, and this, this was fresh air, not atmosphere that had gone through countless recycles and scrubbings.
    ?On reflection, perhaps you can take me to the nearest main maglev station??

To be continued..., though don?t let that stop you posting for Ahsoka, et al.
  23. pashatemur Force Ghost

star 4
  24. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    ~OOC~ Please excuse the delay, I had been caught up with the assessment period for my studies.

~IC~ Captain Cale Lawson, Lieutenant Beri Tulon, Sergeant Millen Fondor Chief Engineer Florence Arno and Vince Mathous.
    Region: Fondor
    Location: Shipyard Drydock - Victory-class Star Destroyer, ?Ulysses?

Alone. Lawson looked out the viewport from the observation deck. It was only the other day he was here with Florence on their maiden voyage, yet it felt like a forthnight ago. Watching, the drones outside stitch up gashes and imperfections on the hull, applying the armoured plating.
    ?With the war with the Separatists over, what will happen to the military? Will they continue to maintain the peace after the clean up process? Are they to be decommissioned?? He wondered what he would do if they are to return home. Would his family still recognize him? Will his crew remain in contact?

Fingering the comlink in his pocket, Lawson?s gaze went to the moon of Nallastic, wondering how his people are fairing up. Confirmation that they had arrived soundly and made contact with the local militia came in moments ago, now have to wait until more has developed.

Deck by deck, the lights winked out as the thundering heart of the warship stopped beating. Those that remained on board felt frozen, listening, they found the eerie silence unnerving. After a moment, they shook the feeling off. It is time to resume repairs in the damaged sections of the ship, working under the glow of portable lamps.

It was hot inside the cramped cabin of the light assault vehicle, the drone of the repulsors a constant as they were jostled about from the uneven terrain while enroute to the milita?s basecamp. The humidity making them sweat underneath their uniforms and armour.

?Let?s get this clear: We don?t need your help on this investigation.? Constable Aldrum poked his finger at Beri Tulon. ?Our officers are more than capable of handling this.?

?That may be so, but with all due respect...? Tulon brushed the finger away. ?Since the vessel in question had been sighted bearing Confederate markings, it makes it an official Imperial matter.?

Through the Tulon?s helmet, he thought he heard Aldrum?s teeth grind but he put it down to grit being kicked up by the engines.

?I have been ordered to allow you to assist with the investigation. The chief did not explain to what capacity. It will be my men who will resolve this, your kind are to wait behind and if we need back up.?

Your kind. Tulon and his men came from families, they had volunteered and trained at academies. The white Stormtrooper armour did little to distinguish them apart and so in most places of the galaxy the population continues to believe that they are all the same: Clones.

?By co-ordinating our efforts we can cover more ground.? Tulon reasoned and gestured to the map on the display, a large red circle indicated where the approximate location of the vessel. ?We should widen the search area in case the occupants have moved on. Scout-?

?We know these jungles better than you. My people are conducting a reconnaissance the area. They will find that vehicle soon enough.? Aldrum sneered.

The drone of the engines stopped, a double thump from the outside of the LAV signaled for them to disembark from the vehicle. Stepping out, the light streaming in from the canopy above creating shafts of light. A handful of wall-less shelters were set up draped with cameo-netting. Spying communications equipment and munitions cache as his eyes scanned the basecamp, Tulon followed Constable Aldrum to one of the shelters. Inside a portable holotable displayed a map of the region, similar to the one in the LAV. Moving pinpoints formed a dotted circle indicating the location of their people. It was clear they were hoping to entrap the occupants of the vehicle if they had gone out on foot. A pair of dots were converging near the centre of the encirclement, the terrain looked rocky judgin
  25. TheAdmiral Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Sorry for the low quality of the post

IC: duchess Jori Atreides

Jori retreated to a chamber that Admiral Veroti graciously provided. She needed some time to gather her thoughts. It was going to be a historical moment for her House and for the Union as a whole. Finally there will be some progress, they had been growing complacent as the Union was rotting from within. They were wasting their energy and intellectual power in petty intrigues and narrow-mindedness.

The duchess was going to change all that. Unfortunately in this process a lot of people were going to lose their lives if the body was to survive. She was the surgeon that is supposed to cut off the tumor that threatened to destroy the whole organism. By the outsiders? standards Jori could be considered a tyrant, a benevolent one, but still. The duchess found this description distasteful, but was unavoidable, after all people liked to put labels and brand others as criminals. From what she could see the outsiders could not understand the Union?s way of thinking. It must be completely alien to them - the Union?s culture and way of life. The problem was that the duchess found it difficult to understand the outsiders. This situation will surely lead to clashes and misunderstanding. Fortunately the Empire was not exactly democratic and probably there would be few criticisms about the Union?s political system.

Jori was sitting in a comfortable chair. One leg over the other, the slit of her dress revealing the smooth and soft skin. She was slightly tanned as the duchess had spent some time on the island villa until the mysterious man, Rowan, crashed with his ship. Jori was wearing elegant sandals with medium-sized heels. On her long dark blue dress were embroidered small golden two-headed eagles. A large golden aquilla was covering her chest and stomach with the wings ?embracing? her back. Her shoulders and neck were bare. A small ruby in the form of a teardrop was hanging on a thin golden chain. Jori was not wearing her cape as it irritated her, though on some occasions she was supposed to have it as it was supposed to imitate wings.On her straight long blond hair was the golden tiara. It represented the family crest embracing her head. The Atreides, as most houses, were obsessed with the animals (or objects) that represented them. These obsessions sometimes reached absurd levels and for the outsiders probably looked amusing.

Jori missed her aide Amberley. The girl took care of the everyday mundane things and generally is a pleasant company. The duchess liked all her staff that she ?inherited?, her father was an excellent judge of character and the people he had chosen were perfect for the job. They were not the narrow-minded hardliner bureaucrats. They were gifted with a flexible mind and have vision. A lot of other leaders of Houses surrounded themselves with sycophants that preferred to tell them whatever they liked to hear. Luckily they were not that much to cause any big harm to the Union. Contrary to popular belief that you can only succeed if you had the right contacts a lot of people were promoted due to merit and because of their intellectual and physical abilities. They could not afford the nepotism to rule if the Union was to survive.

Jori could boast having the best staff in the Union. Unfortunately she did not bring them, or at least Amberly with her. The duchess allowed them to communicate with her freely even if they had bad news and they could openly share their opinion about a matter. This time she felt a bit uncomfortable, Jori did not bring them with her which was a mistake. Fortunately it was not a fatal one, at least she hoped. What she needed at the moment was a strategy how to act in front of Lord Vader and the Senate. The last meeting on Ursa was almost a disaster, they were speaking in entirely different languages and refused to understand each other. Not only that but the Moritani fool killed with his assassins some Imperial pilots.

Jori felt uncomfortable about the start of this new r
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza