main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Galaxy in the ST

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheAvengerButton, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    As we are all aware, the atmosphere of the GFFA has felt distinctly different for the previous two trilogies. In the PT, everything is Windex Clean and shiny, and the age more civilized. This is because we are seeing the nicer side of the galaxy, with little hints here and there of the grime of the OT. In the OT, everything was very Used Future, and the Imperials were very cold and lifeless. So what about the ST? Will it be even darker because of a Galaxy torn apart by the Civil War between the New Republic and the Empire, or will it be a return to the pristine nature of the Prequels? Or, will it be something completely different?

Personally, I'd like for the state of the galaxy to be even darker, much akin to the way everything felt in Dark Empire. That comic/audio drama had a very sinister atmosphere to it that very much attracted me to the project as a child, not to mention it's dark story.

So whataya think?

2. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    It should still be a major mess galactic economy-wise. They never fixed the galactic situation with all those corrupt banking guilds ever since pre-suit Vader murdered their heads as well as other industry heads. They either need to track down all that stolen and confiscated money or rebuild every industry...which shouldn't really be represented nor reflected through society for another human-generation's worth of time at least.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Less uniform, more diverse (like the PT) while still keeping the worn and used look of the OT.

4. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    This, with clunkier, bulkier technology. Computer systems that look like they were built in the early 80's. I know it will never happen because of huge budgets and massive amounts of digital media employees, but I can still dream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.