main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference The Game Designer's Group

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Imperial_Hammer , Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007

Well, well. Then finally I post this. Thanks for the early access, LA.

A project I developed some month back before I left for a year. I always felt a little sorry about not playing it and now that I returned in some capacity it spooked around in my head. Dunno if it ever happens. But I wanted to hear what people think. I consciously decided for a very long intro, as I felt it sets the mood and makes hopefully a better reading this way. Does it work? Is the world interesting enough or do I need more on the planet (whose exploration is actually the game itself, so I am hesitating to give away more). Have a look.

[hr]
    [i]
    The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it. [/i]
    Friedrich Nietzsche

[hr]
    [hl=limegreen][color=green][u][b]HORIZON[/b][/u][/color][/hl]

[hr]

Captain Sebastian Heller could not take his eyes of her. Horizon looked like paradise from above. A green untouched paradise waiting for them to make it their own.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/ogame/images/c/c9/Jungle_Planet_Header.jpg]

[i] The second chance. The last hope. The new home. The sanctum. The future of humanity.[/i]

Media coverage had invented thousands of such names. It idd not mean anything by now he assumed. Last transmission from earth had been three years ago and it had not sounded as if they should be waiting on follow ups. But it was surprising the media had never called it paradise. Because the Captain certainly found it looked like one.

?CC?? That was the simple short for central computer. The AI that had guided them through the millions of obstacles on their way here. [color=silver]?Yes, Captain??[/color] The female voice was clam and should be comforting, probably. He found it to be pretty creepy lately.

?Is the analysis complete?? He asked and leaned back, not taking his eyes of the planet for a second.

[color=silver]?Yes, Captain. Mean radius 6,371.0 km. Equatorial radius 6,378.1 km, 5.515 g/cm3 mass, 23°26'21".4119 axial tilt, temperature between . . .? [/color]

?How close is it to earth?? The captain cut the monologue short. If not the computer would have gone on for weeks probably.

[color=silver]?To earth of the year 2089. 87% by the Arnhem standard.?[/color] Heller smiled. That told him not too much.

?How similar is it to pre-human earth?? He then asked.
    [color=silver]
    ?98 percent. It is absolutely habitable, if that is your question, Captain.?[/color] Heller closed his eyes. ?That it is.?

Heller had been commander of the [i]Magellan[/i] on it´s seven years journey through the galaxy to bring the second wave of colonists here. It was the middle child of the three missions send to this planet. But also the most important one. Different than his passengers he and his skeleton crew had not slept or been frozen. They had stayed awake and sometimes barely sane. Seven years was a long time. He had made a lot . . . questionable decisions on his trip. He had made tough decisions. Brutal ones. But they had made it, they had arrived after all. Those who remained of them, at least. Five years before them the[i] Vasco Da Gama [/i] had arrived here. It had been a taller, more powerful ship. With it the hundred finest construction experts and engineers earth had to offer and tons and tons of material had come to Horizon. They had build the colony using most modern nano-technology and worker-robots. And they had succeeded, as the single repeating signal transmitted from the colony told Heller. The fear of something hostile, something dangerous that made the planet uninhabitable despite the years of satellite surveillance had not come true. Now the fifty passengers of the [i] Magellan [/i] would make their landing and prepare for the arrival of the main body of colonists. Exactly 5000 humans who would arrive in exactly 14 month from now aboard the[i] Colombus [/i] in a third and final wave. They would be all that was left of humanity. That would be 14 month to prepare for the future of mankind. The experts would have to do that

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Proofreading, but it's not egregious. Consistency of formatting (paragraph breaks).

Besides that the only question I have is why the captain wouldn't try to hail the colony first before shooting himself in the head? That is, it seems he shoots himself out of remorse/hopelessness because the brilliant people sent ahead to establish a colony couldn't even survive, and he'd just spent seven years to get here, secure in the knowledge that he was saving a ship full of people and it would all be worth it...but he hasn't exhausted his options yet before comitting suicide. Now I understand, I think, your reason for not having him hail the colony: it leaves it ambiguous as to whether or not the colony is still there. But if there's another reason - and I can think of a few - then his internal monologue needs some development, or his interaction with CC needs to change.

3. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    And because I feel an OP always corresponses with the first post, here is the opening I had planned. I usually write them with the OP if possible.

[b]Aboard the Magellan - Cryochamber[/b]

[image=http://th03.deviantart.net/fs28/PRE/f/2008/123/a/9/Proto_Pegasus_by_Diston.jpg]

The final thoughts of the Captain before he committed suicide was, that he gave birth to hope. Yet a birth was about warmth and the awakening was anything but warm or comfortable. It was a freezing cold that welcomed fifty of the worlds best minds and bodies into the reality of being awake.
    They said that cryogenic sleep was dreamless, but the awakening was certainly a nightmare. A dark and freezing cold room in which coughing, gasping people collapsed out of their tanks was the reality of HORIZON. They had all been recruited for a hot jungle planet to be their next home and now experienced anything but warmth. The humming of the fusion reactors was deafening in the main room, the air tasted metallic. The ship had travelled a long, long way and it showed. Water drippled from the ceiling, ventilation rattled when it was activated. Rust was everywhere.

[image=http://cghub.com/files/Image/055001-056000/55825/275_large.jpg]

But then the left wall gave a screeching sound and the metal walls slided aside to give them a few of something worth every bit of suffering.

[b]Horizon.[/b]

[image=http://fc01.deviantart.net/images/i/2003/40/3/4/Jungle_Planet_Resource.jpg]
    [color=silver]
    ?Welcome on HORIZON, Ladies and Gentlemen. I am the Central Computer of the Magellan and I am glad to inform you we have reached your destination within the parameters of the mission. Soon the crew will welcome you and prepare you for the next step of your journey. Prepare for your recreational injections and enjoy the stay. The Captain has ordered you to prepare for immediate landing within the next two hours. Good luck.? [/color]

The computer had a warm female voice. And it lacked all irony which would have been more than appropriate. After ten years frozen on this ship they would spend no more than 120 minutes on it with conscience before brought down to the planet. And they all knew they would never get up again. Project Horizon was a one way trip.
    The large metal doors finally slided open and the young female Lieutenant they had all seen when they had been frozen entered the hall. She had aged ten years, was pale, slick, exhausted. And her eyes looked red, as if she had cried. Yet, as she saw all fifty cryopods had worked and all fifty passengers had woke up save and well, she smiled. Behind her an elder medical officer entered the room with a set of fifty injectors right after him. Each one was designated with a name and a number.

[b]
    Tag: players[/b]

4. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    First of all: Wow. I would join that immediately. A creative sci-fi game like this does not come around every day. And not based on a franchise, which kinda surprises and pleases me the same time. A shame it is not going to go up so soon, but I hope it will some day.

That said . . .

The introduction is wonderfully unclear. And I guess it is intention we can read so much into it? BobaMatt´s thought Heller feels "unuseful" and commits suicide because of it actually sounds good too, but it never occured to me. I thought he kills himself because of: They had stayed awake and sometimes barely sane. Seven years was a long time. He had made a lot . . . questionable decisions on his trip. He had made tough decisions. Brutal ones. But they had made it, they had arrived after all. Those who remained of them, at least. I love he speaks about "seven years" although he refers to a ten year travel everywhere else. So after three years things turned bad, I assume. and he lived with it the last seven years? I immediately was under impression he commited sort of a crime to secure the mission. and escapes judgment, by killing himself? Maybe killed someone? If the introduction wants his reasons to be clear, please rework it. If you want it to be an enigma it is perfectly fine. And I feel it should be an enigma, if you plan to use it later on in the plot. Because as you see by our already differing opinions, it works very, very well as a mystery. There is a vibe of underlying danger and it is clear we "missed" ten years of story. That is great, if you plan to work with it, but you need to include it in the game, obviously.

I also had the vibe he had been over Horizon for some time, while BobaMatt seems to feel they recently arrived and haven´t even hailed the colony yet? Dunno, that might need clarification.

But I guess that´s the sideplot, is it? Mainly the game seems to be about exploration.

I love the scenario. Exploration of a world with no way to escape it. Uncertain future. As an exception ot the rule not knowing what the plot will be about works very well here, this time. Although questions are a lot in the OP. What happened to the colony? What is down there? etc.

It is a wonderful sci-fi setting. Pictures help creating images in my head. The thing is written well. I see you got the same "ms word to board"-format problems I have and that would need a bit work, of course. And silver does not work so good for CC, as it is hard to read without highlighting on grey background. If not I´d cut it. I also realized we can NOT play the crew of the ship? I understand some people have to stay in orbit on the ship they spend ten years on until down there everything is fine? Those are not playable characters? A shame. I think it might be interesting, although they would know what happened the last ten years, obviously.

Well, I say perfection is already in it, you just need to refine it a bit around the edges. When this game ever comes up I´ll certainly be there. That said, even in this early stage one of the best OPs I´ve seen around in my (admitted) short stay around here or anywhere.

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Very good OP's! Just gotta put that out there first. Now with your opening post I didn't get what either of the two other previous posters said, although after reading their input I can see what they're saying. The hail I thought was implicit of his request of CC about the colony, especially after reading about her computing power. The suicide I didn't fully attribute to the hardships of the past seven/ten year stretch. . .not entirely beyond the hint nibbling in my mind about the fact that they had stopped receiving messages from Earth. It felt more nestolgic of a Captain going out with the ship, seeing a future and not seeing a place in for himself beyond maybe being a breeder, as new ships for a Captain of one of the ships won't come around in his lifetime, but that he would always be taunted by the satilite of his ship out of reach that is being used as a satellite. That and that whatever had happened in the intervening years had something to do with going right because of CC, yet he never thanked her until then in return to its own words.

Gotta agree with the silver writing comment, but it might work better on the intended board when you do post it. The CS sheets seem farely open, and from the sounds of it the people waking up wouldn't even know each other, beyond perhaps field strong acclaim. The IPC though, it made me think of Rodney and Zelanka from SG: Atlantis' relationship for some reason. Although I suspect that is more my quirk then your post.[face_whistling]

The hint about the closeness to pre-human earth, and the image with a upright lizard photo gives a bit of a hint of - here there be monsters! - vibe that makes me think my character would be like Samuel Jackson in Jurasic Park sent to fix the power box after leaving the ship [face_worried]

6. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    And this is kind of the crux of it - the details we are given can't be unclear. The reader may not know what's going on, but certain characters absolutely do, and so there can't be vaguery or inconsistency unless it's intentional. What we know serves as a basis so that the characters can forge ahead confidently.

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Also, and this is purely personal aesthetics... something other than gray text. The way the color palettes are set, gray is almost guaranteed to not show up no matter what the background is. I suggest either finding a highlight color that makes it pop (If the gray is absolutely essential to the tone you wish to convey) or another color.

8. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I kinda thought I knew this game, but found out while reading you recreated it into a very different beast.

First things first: Love it.

The Good: Well, it does not need to be said, but anyway. If an OP gets the GDG into a speculation thread you can assume the OP does a very fine job about drawing attention. I read it and wondered why he did that. why did he shoot himself. I felt the need to reread it, because I became aware we have the final words who are ripped out of context instead of a Captain going on with his mission. Very clever. We don´t get it, because when we blend into the scene everybody except us stupid reads knows it. Well, BobaMatt´s reasoning was fine to me. I thought it is a little "underexplained" but yeah, he does not feel like retiring. But then TGI made this point about the seven/ten years and knowing how often LordT rewrote the thing, it is no way a mistake on his part. So we got a secret. he tried to avoid judgment or keep the secret by taking it ot the grave? then Mitth shows up and talks about no messages from earth. These guys survived apocalypse. That can have unwanted effects on the psyche. Especially when you have seven years to think about it. Maybe he went as far as he could and finally gave in to a need he had for years? Sounded solid too me. But why did he thank CC? Thanks for everything? Finally I looked at the whole scene. All of it. Someone is out there, hammering against the door. Obviously trying to save the suicidal Captain. Most likely the later so-shaken-up first officer. Who by her rank should not be second-in-command. Right? Anyway. He is inside, chatting with CC who seems to do nothing to help those outside. She answers all his questions, but somehow I feel she got his intention long before I did. she lies to him? To comfort him? so he does not decide he is still needed? Or . . . has he become paranoid? Had the Captain a deal with her? Did she know or even force him to commit suicide? Did she agree he had to, perhaps? If she has control over the ship, she could saved him by opening the doors.

And I see where you go here. 180 minutes and we´re down there, right? Let me guess, you won´t do the fastest who-doin-it in RPs history, but our guys will go down there with a potential dangerous crew and or KI guarding them from above in a satelite ship, right? A great source of suspense. Narrative brilliance.

I don´t see why it is important if he could/would/has hailed the colony. I thought actually they had send a message and wait for an answer. If it is what was meant including the word "back" like "message back" or "call back" could clear it all up. But as players will probably never learn . . .

All of this is most likely not what the game is about. A wild and unexplored planet. It logically HAS to have predators, I agree with Mitth there (even though those things on the pic are kinda cute) and I bet - despite all probability equasions of CC - that my plot-calculator is right when he says: The first wave of settlers are ALL DEAD. Or are they? Maybe they turned fundamentalists? Or reverted to a tribe culture? Hell, the possibilities are endless. It got a TV series feel here and I would watch the show.

All in all the kind of OP I think can be expected of you these days. A great one.

The Bad: Well, I join the main line of critque here. Grey is invisble on these boards. I suggest a pale blue. It would do the trick to transport the feeling of "cold". But grey is unnerving.

Other than that, yeah maybe clear up if the ship denied to hail the colony. And a word if the teams know each other? Other than that, only the thing about the format which I assume is the result of using the wonderful annoying Word 2007 that is installed on my computer. Sorry about that, man.

The Ugly: Well, usually I say something about the pics here, but they´re stunning. Love the colony design. That you comment the age of the female officer is pretty macho of you though . . . and you enjoyed in the first post describing how everybody is freezing, did you?

All in all I would be surprised if thi

9. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    In my defense. When I do "preview" a text in ressource forum the background is blue and on that silver looked beautiful. Light blue, my original choice, was barely readable. But that was obviously a deception by the board. I´ll change it.

Otherwise; thanks for the kind words. It is interesting to see some cut content was brought up. I had the Captain muse a bit about hours of hailing the colony and cut it because I thought it interests nobody. First instinct to write a sentence or two about it was probably the right one and cold intellect got me nowhere. I can rework it easily, I´d say. But you are right, it is mysterious enough without making a mystery out of the question if and how they tried to reach the folks down there.

Also you guys got all hints within´a day. Obviously the suicide will play a big role. The reasons for it especially. It was not only done for the effect, but hints at the backstory concerning the trael to Horizon. Although it will be more the main issue in a sideplot than in the main story. Main story will be the planet and the adventures there.

The crew in orbit? I am undecided about them. Maybe I will have some players do them. Could be interesting and a good way to include players who can´t join otherwise to do cameos. Or just get a story up there. a two or three players plot in such a restricted environment could surely be interesting. But so far I had no real plan for them. Although they will play a role in the plot.

Maybe a little more about the game: It is obviously left vague by intention. As I will rule out no plot in the beginning, I keep up all possibilities. Much like Horizon does for the second wave of settlers. What I am aiming there is the right balance between adventure (we have seen lots of survival horror and mystery, so while surely borrowing of both I want it to be an adventure game at heart) and some free play-of-forces: The players might in a perfect game create their own storylines. Every position is up for grasp. So who knows what leadership will see as the best way to deal with the problems Horizon will hold. Democracy? Hierarchy? A dictatorship backed by the security personal? Personal gain or best interest? Powerful factions like the medics and explorers or the security might block certain pathes and balance each other. And I certainly hope not everybody will come to play a white hat, but some interesting shades of grey might come up. All of that flavoured by IPC interaction and developing friendships and rivalries between characters. With a few outside problems that will make these factions work together if they like it or not. I wanted to aim for 14 chapters at best, portraying the 14 month until the settlers arrival. There will also be an unexpected way to introduce new members to the cast, but I won´t go into that now.

So, nobody addressed it directly, but I get it from the feedback the intro was not perceived as too long? Any more opinions are obviously welcome. I am excited what people will think once it has sunk in a little.

10. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Just want to put in some advance notice that at some point I will probably be presenting an opening post here. Not necessarily sometime soon - I'm taking this at my own pace. But if there's a waiting list, go ahead and put me on it. Not sure I'll be ready when I clear, but when I am, there's an RP I've been working on.

11. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    The List (updated 06/09/11)

12. Spycoder

13. Hammurabi
  15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Apologies for the double post, but some thoughts.

You've mentioned keeping Horizon's introduction intentionally vague; I think that's a fine line to walk, as you run the risk of your mysteries becoming nothing more than shiny lures. I don't see much of a plot, only hints at one. You've also mentioned possibilities for story lines and arcs, but I think that even in something free and open one clear objective should be made apparent, and then the players can choose to work towards/against it, or do something else entirely. The risk of a sandbox is that there are too many options, too many paths for people to wander off along and get lost. But you have mentioned your deliberate vagueness, so this is a minor critique on my part.

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Fixed the list to reflect... well, the list as it stands.

Oh, and LordT, I should also probably note that light blue is another color that has trouble showing up, so if you're going with that, you might want a black highlight eg this.

17. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    An unpolished diamond. I don´t know, I felt like it was pretty perfect. Only when reading critics I realized the main plot wasn´t in there that much. But isn´t it? I got a feeling what it is about and it is an exploration game, is it? The one and only kinda game I really think you cannot give clues about the plot, because the plot is the players success to explore a world.

One thing concerned me though. I know you two hang out a lot, but there was a project once by Fin called Outcasts and I believe it was like LOST in space. Not Lost in space but LOST on a planet. :p It was pretty similiar. I don´t know, do you both plan to launch such games after SotF/SotSo/SotDLP? If so that would eman you would enter the marekt with pretty similiar ideas and most likely as I know oyu guys, join each others games? a bit strange, and probably worth giving a thought.

Otherwise. Beautiful. Totally mysteriosu, and full of potential. It is a great op. It does not reveal if there is a great GAME! It´s the kinda OP that makes me wanna try. Concerning the games players will have to rely on you.

18. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    I´ll keep the highlighting in mind. And again thanks for the useful comments. When I launch the thing I will keep in mind not to let people too much in the dark . . .

From my side further comments can be made by PM. I think the mauin body of critique has bee done. If spycoder wants an early start, I don´t object.

19. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Thanks LordT. :D And your OP looks great! Definitely count me in.

[i]Drama.

Intrigue.

Mystery.

And the occasional murderous love affair. . .[/i]

[image=http://www.uncommoncruises.com/images/media/2095_thumb_250.jpg]

That would describe the odd little town of [i]Riverview, Maine[/i]. Named for its location on the ocean, Riverview was built as location for commerce and growth for the country. It began as one of the early English settlements. When power shifted away from commerce towns, the bustling city slowly lost power. At one point in time, citizens feared the town would be shut down from lack of any form of commerce. That little period of time was quickly forgotten when [b]Casper Industries[/b] set up business crafting a new type of flexible sailboats. They began as a company made to test the water. . .[i]literally[/i]. It went well, and they crafted top of the line swimming gear and branched out in Riverview. The town became famous once again. The Casper family was a large and almost unparalleled family. But in the past year, a new company, [b]The Sylvester Corps.[/b] came into town. The owner, a sly business man with charisma and savvy, had managed to steal some of the basic blueprints of Casper flexibility designs by having an affair with one of the family members. Which one it was never came out, but it was one of them.

A midst the drama, the granddaughter of the patriarch of Casper Industries finds herself floating in the pond at the local park. Once her body is discovered, a horrible feud buried beneath bureaucratic lies is uncovered by the general public. As police officers dig deeper in the young woman?s past, they find that the CEO of Sylvester Corps. isn?t the only person that could?ve played a part in her murder.

[i]All of this on. . .[/i]

[hr]

[b][color=crimson]~ Darker Tides ~[/color] [/b]

This is a soap opera-type RPG. There isn?t a specific end to the game, as the storylines can always go on. There will always be one or two major storylines at the time, but depending on the players, possible secondary storylines could run alongside others. This game will end at one point in time, but that will not happen until the interest has finally been lost. In the beginning, the game will revolve around the [i]Casper family[/i] and the [i]Sylvester family[/i].

Now, dealing with [b]Character Development[/b], I will do this a little differently that other games on these boards. No person in this game is set in stone except for the deceased young woman, the patriarch of the Casper family, and the owner of Sylvester Corps. Now of course I don?t want that to just be my cast, so after looking at those three, I want you to send me a PM about what you would like to play. The wife? A brother? Grieving mistress? And in that direction, the characters don?t have to be involved with the families, but at one point in time they will be. So someone could create a police officer, and I would put the character on the murder mystery. That would cause interactions.

Secondly, I?m looking for anything and everything. Crazy people, loveable family members, handsome mystery men. Again, anything. The pure creativity of my players makes the game.

[hr]

[b]~ Rules ~[/b]

[b]1.)[/b] GM?s word is final.
    [b]2.)[/b] No godmoding, flaming, insulting other players, etc.
    [b]3.)[/b] [color=red][b]PM Character Ideas.[/b][/color]
    [b]4.)[/b] Tell me if you will be absent longer that a week for story reasons.
    [b]5.)[/b] Updates should come as soon as I can, which might be two - three times a week. Depending on my time available and player amount.
    [b]6.)[/b] And. . .most important of all. . .HAVE FUN! [face_happy]

20. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Interesting concept spycoder I give it thumbs up for being very different. Hmm this sound more like a murder mystery then a soap opera. Soap operas normally have multiple story lines so they continue and show the daily lives of the character's involved. However as a murder mystery I would definitely see potential for this, but murder mysteries are hard to recreate in RPG form but if you feel you can pull it off go right ahead. It is good start but if you want a soap opera I need more meat and storylines (that is just me though).

21. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Actually the murder was the main storyline to start the story off. Other storylines would go on, just they aren't already planned out yet. They would come after seeing what people could come up with and try mixing it together. I had another idea but I first wanted to see what character ideas were sent in. :)

Probably should've added that into the OP.

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    One immediate note: corps is not an abbreviation of corporation. For example, The Marine Corps vs. Apple Incorporated, or the Apple corporation.

Note, however, that Apple Corps Ltd. is a deliberate pun. :p

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I suppose my first line of inquiry would be precisely what is meant by soap opera - do you mean that the focus is on character interaction and drama, or that I could conceivably submit a CS for Randolph's evil twin Rudolpho who was thought dead in a tragic car accident but was actually only in a coma for ten years, and is seeing Randolph's fiancee Roberta but she has no idea that he's not Randolph at all because a kitchen explosion has left her temporarily deaf etc?

24. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Peng - Now that's fully my mistake. :p Shows what I know about abbreviations. :) I'll look into finding a better name.

Ramza - a little bit of both. Character development and drama are front and center, but I want characters created as of your example. Perhaps not that crazy, but it could be :) Someone just sends me an idea of what type of person they wanna play and then I look at other developing characters and mix and mold. So it'll be a mixture of both. A want it to be a little crazy, a little outrageous, and a LOT of fun. Like the character you used as an example would be fun to play.

25. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Neat concept, spycoder. Small nitpick: The granddaughter wouldn't find herself floating in a pond, if she's the dead body.

26. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Unless, of course, it's done from the point of view of the recently-deceased.

Which is an interesting concept for an entirely different sort of game, come to think of it.

27. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Sunset Boulevard: The RPG.:p

28. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    tjace - Actually, it wasn't meant to be a literal saying. For example: He found himself in a sticky situation. So it was actually meant to be kind of a "she found herself in a wet place" but she's dead :p By the way, I had planned on doing a teaser for the game from the dead woman's point of view as she floated in the water. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.