main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The Game Designers Guild

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvatarOfYunYammka

AvatarOfYunYammka Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2007
    I guess now a replacement is needed for 'Father and Son'. That was one of the active and popular games here.

2. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Unless that lockage was an April Fool's Joke, you're only GMing uno games.

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    April Fools!

Someone reward me for my elaborate hoax by incorporating dinosaurs into an awesome game.

4. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    I had a brillaint idea about a game involving dinosaurs. What about a world where dinosaurs have died out millions of years ago? :p

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Only if they've been partially replaced by sapient manoraptorans. [face_not_talking]

6. AvatarOfYunYammka

AvatarOfYunYammka Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2007
    Having been on RPFs a fairly long time, albeit on and off, I have noticed that one of the games that has lasted the longest is the "New Jedi Outcasts" game. I was wondering if anyone has ever contemplated maybe a Sith/Imperial version of the game. Basically, you could have one set during Old Republic (i.e. KOTOR Era) if you wanted more Force users, or during the Imperial Era if you wanted it to be more a standard military affair.

7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Ladies. Gentlemen. A rough draft for a d6 Game I intend to make. Comments would be most welcome.

Links, pictures and stuff are still missing. I´ll add thme once the rest is ironed out.

[hr]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah0IsOrM_Ac][i]. . . a long time ago in a galaxy far away . . .[/i] [/link]
    [color=red][b]
    Star Wars: The Vulture´s Talon[/b][/color]
    [i]~ a d6 Adventure ~[/i]

It is the third year after the end of the devestating Sith-Imperial War and the galaxy has only recently begun to recover from it´s wounds. Thousands of systems remain drained and defenseless in the aftermath of the defeat of the Galactic Alliance and the Sith offer no protection to those that do not bow before their Emperor.
    This is also the time war-profiteers and private armies. Where planets are ready to give these independant forces all their wealth to protect their citizens.
    After the change of authority and the breakdown of order many criminal elements roam freely through once controlled space. Pirates, smugglers and mercenaries have entered a secret golden age. And among all those new rising figures one stands above them all. A man or thing unseen. But not unheard of. A criminal mastermind known to the galaxy only as . . . The Vulture.

[hr]

[b]The Story[/b]

And whatever the Vutlure wants, he get´s it.

His latest object of desire is a weapon-project developed for the late Galactic Alliance and now without an sponsor. Only one single of it has been made. A ship unlike normal battleships, they say. The prototype must be stolen from the Byblos Drive Yards. Therefore The Vulture searches for the best in their business.

On the planet Gelgelar his right hand has summoned several of the Galaxies most infamous freelancers to make an offer they cannot refuse . . .

[hr]

[b]The Characters[/b]
    Six characters are available. Every player can only take one character. The only type of character I´d accept is one of the Fringe. No Jedi or Sith. No Empire. Smuggler´s, Mercs, Bounty Hunters, Pirates, Killer, Bodyguards, Slicer, Medics, Fringer, or anything else that can argue to being useful when it comes to steal a ship is acceptable.

[b]
    The Character-Sheet[/b]
    [b]Name:
    Weapons:
    Equipment:
    Stats:
    Attributes
    Skills
    Bio:[/b]

[hl=black][color=yellow][b]The Rules[/b][/color][/hl]

1. GM has the final word
    2. No god-modding, flaming, unauthorized controlling of other characters or insulting
    3. TAG people by their username. You can call me Fin or GM
    4. The game is restricted to five players. If more players apply, I´ll have to choose. I will search my feelings, then.
    5. Send in your CS for approval
    6. The d6 Rule that follow below must be applied by all players at all times.
    7. Contact me anytime with questions, worries or problems regarding the game.
    8. Inform me of any absence longer than 10 days. I hope for a reply by all players within´ this time frame. If anybody does not reply within´ 14 days, I´ll take control of his/her character until the player returns. After four weeks without contact, the character slot is open for new players. I will be rather strict about this, for I have seen to many games die because of absences.
    9. I will update the game once a week.
    10. Enjoy the game!

END POST ONE

[hr]
    POST 2

[i][b]The d6 rules for the game[/b][/i]
    ~developed by LordT based on Koshii´s original rules~

The following explains how a character works and is created.

[b]System:[/b]

[u][i]Rolling Dices[/i][/u]
    This is called the d6 system, for it is usually played with a few six sided dices. Every roll you have will be based on a skill. Every skill has a certain amount of dices, which reflect how good your character is at it. There is difficulty known only to the GM you have overcome with your result.

[i]Example: Cole has Blaster 3D. He wants to shoot for practice. He throws his dices and the results are: 6, 1, 2. The result is 9. The GM has set a difficulty of 10 to hit the target, therefore Co

8. Zadann_MaRanna

Zadann_MaRanna Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2009
    AWESOME! That is cool as all get, I would play it hands down.:D

9. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    I join the praise.

The story itself is short, but sweet. With a little mystery in it. Like it. More an adventure than a full blown campaign.

The system itself was trimmed at the right edges. Much improved from the rules you circled via PM. The right skills remained. Not using the force will keep things straight and easy. Sheets will be easy enough to create.

And I appreciate the fringe focus.

Only by being over-critical I could criticize it, Fin. Post it!

~Rachel

10. Zadann_MaRanna

Mar 21, 2009
    I know I am not a member, but I would like to see what you all think about this idea and I would like comments and any other sort of way that this could be improved....

Star Wars: Clone Commandos- D-Days

In a galaxy far, far away....there are people who fight and die, and people who talk and rule by their words....

For a Clone Commando- life is a given sensation....a ride to be dealt with... remarks and quirks....are all in the equation.....

Our Story:

Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, Order 66. Three things we all know and have heard about. With that, we've only heard most of the stories of Vader( Anakin Skywalker) killing off the last remnants of the Jedi. Distributing the fact that, yes, the Sith had returned. The Rule of the Sith was in effect, Sith Lords in their reign of terror. Yet, were the Sith really the only ones to kill off absolutely all of the Jedi that remained after the devastating raid on the Jedi Temple in Coruscant, topped by Order 66 to other various Jedi around the galaxy?

If your that naive, you'll believe it. If you're smart, eager, and self-dominant you won't. The people killing Jedi were not only the Sith(Dark Jedi) Darth Vader and Sidious...No, it was the clones that were suppressed and dominated by them. The most elite, resourceful clone soldiers were used to vanquish the dreaded "Jedi" by all means necessary.

These clones, Clone Commandos, had abilities that ranged from sniping and assassination to medic and demolitions training. They were covert... Considered the best of the best. During the war they were used to wreak total havoc out on the Seperatists. They drifted throughout the war and some participated on that attack of the Jedi Temple in Coruscant.

After that Vadar thought it right to send them on "special operations." These operations were used for complete dominance over the remaining Jedi. They searched, once they found their target, they reported it to Vadar directly. If he saw fit, he dealt with it himself, if he didn't, the Commandos did the work themselves.

The heroics they pulled never made it into the history books, as Clones are what would be considered "normal soldiers." With so many it would be hard to identify which from which, therefore stories of their bloodshed and battle prowess were never recorded. Commandoes however, did not care for history books, only for the satisfaction of a "job well done."

Now, as they search the Galaxy for remaining Jedi Knights, Masters, and Padawans, they are befallen in tragedies. Everything from uprisings to explosions ended up killing Commandoes. And as less and less Jedi were available to be "destroyed," they started to take many missions. Including the ones they were caught in by surprise. The story has just begun for these dedicated fighters- it's time for you to take the reins.

Welcome,

To Star Wars: Clone Commandos- D-Days. This story happens about a year after the destruction of the Jedi Temple along with the disintegration almost all of the Jedi. You are playing in squads of Clone Commandos. These "squads" range from the rare three, to the mostly used four.

You get a chance to play Commandos that deal with disruptions in the Galaxy under the Galactic Empires rule. As a GM, I'll be guiding you through these paths, offering you rich environments and gracious culture from far and wide. The missions can range from any planet in any Rim of the Star Wars galaxy.

I hope you enjoy this game, as you will be showing a hopefully, excellent working experience with two to three other members of this specific game. I also hope, if you enjoy it with your best of mind, that no matter if it's a reaction to a response- your posts will be more than four lines long.

Exuberance if of the essence here, so please help me in helping you provide the best experience you can possibly have. All Character Sheets must be PMed to me for approval. If you prove yourself, you can add a second character that

11. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    We should really develop some kind of order around here. We always have No game posted, or two or three within´ hours.

ZaDanna.
    The only thing you need to do to join is put a "Member of the GDG" into your profile of signiture.

Fin, Vulture´s Talon. I like the name, I like the story. I like the fringe-focus. Enemy is Byblos Drive Yards. Nothing wrong here. Good as always.

The Rules. Some minor stuff to remark.

1. Probably you should credit WEG. :p You not only use their system, but at least two of their locations, Gelgelar and Byblos (great picks, by the way).
    You shouldn´t credit me, for I have only done the points, not written it.

2. Rolling Dices & Dice & Rolling . . . change one of these two.

3. Weapons. You could at least hint what kinda damage they do usually between 3D and 5D.

4. Wounds. I assume you want to keep the Strength Check against damage? Then you should write that in that part. It is an essential part of the rules.

5. For absolute newbies you should explain the "opposed throw" with an example

6. There is a +2D skill cap maximum when creating a character in WEG rules. I think it makes sense. I suggest using it, too.

7. Try to find pictures that are nearly as awesome as this game sounds :D

All-in-all. Almost ready to go. It is a great layout. I´ll be in it! I wouldn´t miss it for anything in the world!

12. Zadann_MaRanna

Mar 21, 2009
    Thanks for the information. :D , is there any comments on my game, because your good at giving tips?

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, thanks for the feedback so far. I agree in most of your points, LordT and will change accordingly. Also I think I might give a little more story in the opening of the game.

From what is discussed with the Mods and Authorities I guess it will be played on the Games forum. They have sort of a monopoly on Star Wars Table Tops. I hope some of you guys will join despite that. So, I´ll have another few voices before I take things to the next levels. The promotion-campaign :p

ZaDanna. The page before this one Saintheart wrote a huge, exhaustive article about the problems of Squad-based games. I think each and every point applies for you, too. I recommend it.

14. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Actually, Fins, as long as it's got literary content (i.e. the posts aren't just one-liners of "I shoot. I roll 12." throughout, it's totally fine for that game to stay here on the RPF. As I've said in other places, neither Hammer or I have a problem with d20 or d6 games being run here so long as there's some actual IC posting that's going on. :)

15. Zadann_MaRanna

Mar 21, 2009
    A long time ago... In a galaxy far, far away......

Star Wars: Twisted Truths(5,000 ABY)

Mysterious deaths, murders, and disappearances are sweeping the known galaxy. Gone unchecked because of various reason, the main, failure to act in time. It started out at the beginning only with the disappearances of petty thieves, mercenaries, and other various Bounty Hunters. Senators, holders of titles, and the luxurious rich folk had no need of watching 'low lives' completely disappear, it did not hurt them- the slime of the Galaxy were just troublesome peddlers and killers.

The threat became more apparent however. The mis-happenings, or the people performing them, became bolder. Soon, middle-classed people. With a snap, gone, never seen again. As you can imagine, as the people disappearing heightened in society, so did the interest into the cases.

Mangled bodies began to be found in the mornings. Totally unrecognizable bodies, atrocious-grotesque shapes. These bodies, shown in public- were not the worst of it. Two young- newly Knighted Jedi went after, what they called, ?Shadows.? After the disappearance of both of these two Knights slowly after their hunt, their destroyed bodies appeared in dumpsters near the Senate Building.

The threat became eminent. Immediately Jedi Masters, Knights, and Padawans accompanied by both of the two were readily and heavily dispatched across the Galaxy. The level rose, and now Senator's were disappearing. By their nicknames, the organization involved in the current events took responsibility for everything. Their name, like that of what the two young Knights had called them, ?Shadows."

They declared war...and so our story begins. The Guerilla tactics orchestrated by the Shadows, along with the amounting mysterious deaths, murders, and disappearing soared. The Jedi and Galactic Republic are fighting a blind battle, and for some unknown reasons- the Shadows are winning.

So what Twisted Truths will be revealed, and who will take responsibility for the spiraling battle that seems to be folding in half. Is this the end- for both the Jedi and the Republic? Is there some unknown, shadowed hand leading the actions of the Shadows, or are the Shadows simply acting 'for the fun-of-it?"

Introduction

Welcome to Star Wars: Twisted Truths.

This story is focused on figuring out why this secretive, deadly organization called the Shadows has formed. Also, why they are mercilessly killing off people. Also it is meant to show what people would do if they feared for their lives. As in the story, anyone is a target. Across the galaxy deaths, murders, and disappearances of various species and backgrounds.

So, as this game progress, and the Shadows find you are trying to capture them, you will become the target. This will hopefully be a fast-paced thriller. What will happen to the state of mind and the rules of the Galactic Republic while this stuff begins to happen?

I hope this becomes a entertaining game. Remember too, you can die. So keep on your toes, and keep silent while lurking for the Shadows. As it is not known who they are. They could be an informant, or a taxi driver, maybe even a Republic Soldier. The possibilities are endless; let's hope you don't die trying to find the truths.

The Rules of the Trade

1. GM has the final word
    2. TAG people by their username
    3. When you write a post, at the top make sure there is an IC or In Character: [Insert character name]
    4. All CS's must be sent to GM for approval
    5. Contact me, the GM, with any questions, comments, and problems regarding the game that you may have
    6. Inform me beforehand of an absence within the game for 7 days or longer(if you plan on missing up to four days- still please contact me) If you do not tell me after 10 days and I cannot reach you in any manner, way, or form , I'll take control of the character until the player returns. After three weeks, the character slot is

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I am aware of that. Was in contact with both of you. But to avoid any conflict (and probably draw some new players over here) I thought I might give them a try over there. This is a small pilot project. Should it show itself successful, I´ll have something bigger planned. That would be done here, anyway.

17. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Already sent DLotF my character concept & stats, even if he does keep getting my handle wrong ;)
    I'm ready to start playing. Usually, I'm GMing SW. Love the WEG d6 system. It's simplicity in prep-time ruined all the others. Typical D&D prep: 2-6 hours. Typical SW prep: 5-20 minutes.

18. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    After seeing the movies I am totally burning for Sinrebirth´s Batman: Death Note idea. There is a lot of story potential. Even though it would be hard to entertain many players . . .

19. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    Hey GDG, haven't poste here in a while. I come to you with a game, hoping for so critque. It is another try at a game I failed at. Many told me I had to many factions last time, so now I have three. Two of those three I will only be accepted two characters for the Jedi and Sith. Reast are rebels.

I decided to have a niave angry young Knight tell us about recent events.

[b]A Coruscant Night ? Rebellious Uprising[/b]
    [Image=http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/d377a5f3ab890802e88841e176caa3a1.jpg]

[blockquote][b][i]Datapad Recording Accessed?
    ?Starting
    3... 2... 1...
    ?Recording[/b][/i]

This is Jedi Knight Thes, I am recording this? well I am frustrated at the Jedi?s situation. We have to flee the worlds we were once begged to rescue, all because of the Empire?s control. Everything good and serene that, used to be in galaxy, is nothing, now. The Empire will send fear and desperation through the fragile balance of good and evil. I still can?t grasp how the Masters did not sense anything coming, then how the clones turned against us. They gained our trust, worst move of the Republic. A Grand Army of the Republic, HA! More like Imperial Forces. Luckily, I was flying myself to Coruscant. As I entered the atmosphere I saw the Jedi Temple in flames? the image won?t leave my head, the horror. I went closer to see a Jedi shot down as he fled for his life. The traitors aimed at me, but away I flew. Good thing I was not hounded down...

My friend was at the Temple, he was a Jedi and saw that Skywalker? heh, some Chosen One. Everything the Masters taught us not to be was Vader? that is what he is called now. My friend and I went to an Imperial Factory; Vader was there, maybe looking at his new arsenal. He was a mechanical mess. The price to pay for power I guess, what could have driven him so far? what drove him to darkness??

Recently, my friend has not returned, I hope he is all right. I might have to set out on an expedition, just to find where he has gone or what happened to him. I know before he left we got into an argument. He insisted that he and I go look for this new rebellion called Whiplash. I refused; no one would be foolish enough to start a rebel act against the Empire on Coruscant? gosh, right under the Empire?s eyes. No way, I was right not to go with him. Then again, he is missing? he might have needed my back up if he got into trouble. Usually we traveled together, just in case.

Whew, I am spilling my guts into this Holo-Journal. Never have I spoken my feelings such as this? I guess this is the end of the recording, got nothing else to say. Oh someone?s at the door?

Who is it?
    [i]Imperial Patrol, we wish to speak with you. Open up.[/i]
    Aww man? come one, come on, delete!

[i][b]?Recording Ended
    Erasing?
    ?Deleted[/b][/i]
    [/blockquote]
    [hr]
    [b]Introduction[/b]

Welcome.

A Coruscant Night ? Rebellious Uprising is based off the three books of Coruscant Nights. It will be centered in Coruscant where a second branch of Whiplash is dispersed. The timeline is set for around 15 BBY, where Whiplash tries again to stop the Empire. Again, Jedi aid them, which helps Whiplash on the crusade of peace. Instead, Whiplash is not looked for peace, only unjust slaughter. They want the Empire dead and gone, what is to happen after that is not their concern. Despite how ruthless Whiplash has become, the Jedi still working amongst them. The goals of both forces are not different at all; they all want the Empire to meet their end. While there are Sith Acolytes the Emperor are using as his eyes and ears around the city-planet.

I would like to thank you for looking at this RPG, I hope you join and have fun with us all.
    [hr]
    [u][b]Rules[/b][/u]

~ [color=red][b]PM ALL CHARACTER SHEETS TO ME![/b][/color]
    ~ No F-Bombs, or graphic material. Keep it PG-13.
    ~ Follow the ToS and rules of the RPF.
    ~ My. Word. Is Law. Period. Final. End. Of. Discussion.
    ~ Realistic, no exceptions.
    ~ I'll allow you only to have [b]ONE[/b] characters
    ~ Keep OOC comments to a [i]minimum[/i].
    ~ Have fun and Enj

20. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    The introduction gave me a good feeling what it is about. haven´t read the novels. Haven´t heard of Whiplash before. But I think I could imagine being part of the game.

Character-Sheet is a bit messy, though. You should really not comment on every line the players have to fill. It looks like this is a trainiing-game. I guess all of the guys around here have filled out a few CS over time. And know what they are doing. If not, you can still send your explanations via PM. So, I think this CS is really a little . . . unappropriate.

Another concern of me: The story isn´t terribly obvious from the post. I think these aren´t the most popular novels from LA, so what are we expecting from that game? Fighting the Empire or fleeing the Acolytes?

I assume having to player-villians like the two Acolytes is intend? And do you accept canon-chars? Because then you cannot kill them without declaring your game alternate reality. You should clarify that.

My thoughts on the subject.

21. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    The begining with the recording I was getting edgy about, thinking of changing it to a more dark scenario.

Critque on the CS is noted, and it will be modified.

Your question about what the Whiplash will be doing sparks story Ideas all together. Since I am Hoping for a Padawan and a Master, which gives the friendly feel of a fresh mind at work, much like mine. Nevertheless, the Padawan could be a possibly kidnapped, and then a big commotion is set. The Master, who could be a Master or a Knight (No prefrence), will be someone good enough to fend off the Acolytes. Then the growing strenth of his Padawan would be an aid. Whiplash, are as I said in the opening post, will be ruthless. Countless men of theirs are killed, along with civilians, they are going to fight with all their might. The Acolytes on the other hand... are deadly. Vader and the Emperor had corrupted them to hate anything good, but maybe one of them is not so corrupted, maybe he will turn back to the light. Be another ally perhaps? Although I can't say for certain, what will or wont happen. Just because I want you all to get your hopes up. [face_mischief]

The Villians will primarily be the Acolytes. If the Jedi die, what stops the Acolyte's killing spree, assuming they're is /that/ powerful.

Since Yoda is on Dagobah, Obi-Wan on Tatooine, Luke & Leia are not that old, there will not be much Canon activity. Though this game would be considered AU in the eyes of a Star Wars Historian, just because there was no second brach written about. Vader, possibly Palpy, will be making apperances. The Acolytes will come in contact, many times, with the NPCs of Evil.

No one, but me (Unless a CO-GM reveals himself), will be playing a canon character who is an NPC. I warn everyone who joins, many twists and turns are involved, up until the end of the game. If I decide to make a small series, I'd need good endings that would express the progression or decaying of Whiplash. Though I could try Chapters, which would prove sufficent.

Modified the Character Details will be.

I appreciate your intrest, and would gladly welcome you into the game. But things come in time, we shall see. Future in constant motion it is.

22. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    ? Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal...? H.P. Lovecraft

[image=http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/4umTroll/llogo.gif]

Mage: The Ascension

Reality is a lie, and lies are reality. Magic was real, but is becoming faker each day. Science was the ultimate absurdity, but has become the pillar of rational thought. But you all know this you are all Mages.

Reality isn?t a fixed state; rather it is a work of art each human mind and heart adds to. Reality is Tapestry if you will. Long ago man added to it freely, but as it was some minds where more creative, organized and just plain thoughtful then most. These people created codes, techniques, and methods; we remaining Mages call Paradigms; and applied them perfectly to reality. These additions could not be removed with much easily, and would take multiple humans to undo. Eventually wanting their additions to become permanent they grouped together and informed other men and women, the reason their forms where hard to remove was because they were true. In time, people began to believe them (even most of themselves), and the masses themselves empowered the changes the Mages made to reality.

We used be the ones who shaped the Tapestry of the world without consequence, and our word was not only word but fact. We where once literally gods. Maybe the blood of Mage called Apollo or the Mage named Amaterasu. Well, they as group might have had their differences but there was relative peace. But we all knows of myths of an Apocalypse, a Ragnarök, a Rapture. The myths exist because it happened to us long ago.

[image=http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r228/tabias_gatekeeper/ascension.jpg]

It slowly began when Scientists, a small rookie group insignificant group of Mages at the time, laid claim to the city of Athens, Greece . At the time most Mages thought nothing of it. After all powerful groups of mages not only controlled cities, but entire cultures and Empires. They where just a group of up and comers the most powerful group of Mages thought they might let into their inner circles in the new future, as possible allies or enemies in friendly political games. But soon Science based Mages began to march forward at an alarming rate. No longer was just Athens under their rule in ten years, but all of Greece. It was then the other schools of Mages stepped forward, and started to take some action. Most of them still wanted to present a friendly front to the Science based Mages?after all they had done nothing wrong, they were just fellow artists?abit unusually talented artists. Something to be admired, not hated. It wasn?t until Aristotle, the Science based Mages leader, Refused their overtones of friendship?blaming them for all the ill in the world like Dragons, Hundred Handed Giants, and other living nightmares. Instead they called themselves Scientists and declared war on what they called Magic and us Mages who used them.

Mages back then, not wanting a war, waited too long to act. One cannot blame them, there was enough in fighting when the new religion based Mages came to fruition, and given their power?we thought nothing would really change with the Scientists, win or lose. As they gained more power, and became the strongest faction at the end of the Middle Ages, we found our power waning. Our magic was much harder to perform. No longer could we just ask God to smite our foes with the plague, or make a door to the other side of the universe by just writing out the word ?door to Egypt". There was a chance our spells would backfire. That?s when we united and finally fought the Scientists on the battlefields of yore. The war lasted centuries, but you already know.

Di Vinci, was the one who made us sign a unconditional surrender, and the defeat had sent us reeling ever since. Now whenever we openly flaunt the rules of their ?Science?, the universe turns on us with Paradox, something that ?repairs? what we?ve done that they majority of humans don?t

23. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Needs moar rules. More comments to come, but that's what sticks out to me most right at this moment. :)

24. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Needs any semblance of rule-like materials.

25. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    ? Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal...?[/i] H.P. Lovecraft

[image=http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/4umTroll/llogo.gif]

Mage: The Ascension

Reality is a lie, and lies are reality. Magic was real, but is becoming faker each day. Science was the ultimate absurdity, but has become the pillar of rational thought. But you all know this you are all Mages.

Reality isn?t a fixed state; rather it is a work of art each human mind and heart adds to. Reality is the Tapestry[/b, if you will. Long ago man added to it freely, but as it was some minds where more creative, organized and just plain thoughtful then most. These people created codes, techniques, and methods; we remaining Mages call Paradigms; and applied them perfectly to reality. These additions could not be removed with much easily, and would take multiple humans to undo. Eventually wanting their additions to become permanent they grouped together and informed other men and women, the reason their forms where hard to remove was because they were true. In time, people began to believe them (even most of themselves), and the masses themselves empowered the changes the Mages made to reality.

We used be the ones who shaped the Tapestry of the world without consequence, and our word was not only word but fact. We where once literally gods. Maybe the blood of Mage called Apollo or the Mage named Amaterasu. Well, they as group might have had their differences but there was relative peace. But we all knows of myths of an Apocalypse, a Ragnarök, a Rapture. The myths exist because it happened to us long ago.

[image=http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r228/tabias_gatekeeper/ascension.jpg]

It slowly began when Scientists, a small seemingly insignificant group of Mages at the time, laid claim to the city of Athens, Greece. At the time most Mages thought nothing of it. After all powerful groups of Mages not only controlled cities, but entire cultures and Empires. They where just a group of up and comers; the most powerful group of Mages thought they might let into their inner circles in the new future, as possible allies or enemies in friendly political games. But soon Mages who followed the Science based Paradigms began to march forward at an alarming rate. No longer was just Athens under their rule in ten years, but all of Greece. It was then the other schools of Mages stepped forward, and started to take some action. Most of them still wanted to present a friendly front to the Science based Mages?after all they had done nothing wrong, they were just fellow artists?abit unusually talented artists. Something to be admired, not hated. It wasn?t until Aristotle, the Science based Mages leader, Refused their overtones of friendship?blaming them for all the ill in the world like Dragons, Hundred Handed Giants, and other living nightmares. Instead they called themselves Scientists and declared war on what they called Magic and us Mages who used them.

Mages back then, not wanting a war, waited too long to act. One cannot blame them, there was enough in fighting when the new religion based Mages came to fruition, and given their power?we thought nothing would really change with the Scientists, win or lose. In fact we thought of them, there where far more powerful groups of Mages out there, and they where much more violent. As the Scientists gained more power thanks to Technology, and became the strongest faction at the end of the Middle Ages, we found our own power waning. Our magic was much harder to perform. No longer could we just ask God to smite our foes with the plague, or make a door to the other side of the universe by just writing out the word ?door to Egypt". There was a chance our spells would backfire. That?s when we united and finally fought the Scientists on the battlefields of yore. The war lasted centuries, but you already know that.

Di Vinci, was the one who made us sign a unconditional surrender, and the defeat had sent us reeling ever since. Now wheneve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.