Saga The Game of Death - *Adopted by ANAKINSFAVORITE * *COMPLETED*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Anakin_Heartbreaker, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. AnakinsFavorite Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author Replies:

First of all, a big thank you to everyone who voted for The Game of Death for the 2007 Summer Fanfiction Awards! It was nominated for Best Epic and qualified for Best Action! Not meaning to brag or anything (I?m just so excited, and no one in DRL understands!) but I was also nominated Best Author (among others), and I won a Best Drama for one of my favorite pieces.

Thank you all very, very much! It means a lot to me!

I am officially back from my summer hiatus, and after reading Harry Potter, I realized how? pathetic my storytelling abilities had become in the past few years. So, to get back on track, things are going to get very crazy. Anakin is going to enlist the help of a certain someone, go to the one place he shouldn?t, all the while trying to keep Obi-Wan in the dark about it.

So, without further ado, here is the latest segment?

Chapter Thirty: The Insane Plan

It was a cruel and sadistic game- despite the fact that Obi-Wan had a good several minutes head start, Anakin was supposed to somehow beat him to Naboo and get Padmé to safety. The only thing that consoled him in that respect was that the young husband had the advantage of knowing his wife?s secret location but, knowing his adversary, this offered little comfort.

The trip to Naboo was nothing short of agony- with no way to distract his mind, the Chosen One could only assure and reassure himself that he would make it in time. This mentality would not have been hard to maintain but for the little nagging voice in the back of his head which proclaimed otherwise.

It was rather hard to trust in the Force when it had twisted on him so many times? and that the very man he wanted to kill had taught its doctrines to him. He had spent years studying and perfecting his art, but nothing had prepared Anakin for the unthinkable- that he would have to be the padawan yet overcome the master, the man he was supposed to love like a father.

Eventually, the former Jedi landed on Naboo a safe distance away from the Lake House retreat but still enough to run the entire way. Cutting through the nearby forest, he all but wept at the sight of the old Naberrie family home. Never before had its naturalistic beauty seemed so rewarding. Taking a cautious look around, he pulled the hood of his cloak over his weary face.

Running up the familiar steps two at a time, Anakin flung open the door and did not pause as he ran inside the place. It seemed empty, almost eerily silent?

Was he too late?

Heart pounding so hard within his chest that he feared its loud sound would give him away, the former Jedi walked stealthily through the corridors, occasionally moving to look cautiously inside a darkened room.

Nothing. There was not even a sign of a servant or handmaiden, an oddity in his household.

As his heart began to tremor and sweat bead upon his forehead, Anakin knew of one final place where she might be- the one room where he felt reluctant to look for, if she was not there, Obi-Wan had indeed beaten him there.

With a deep breath, the young man placed his hand on the pad by her door and stood with his head hanging as the metal partitions slid open before him.

If Anakin Skywalker had been any lesser of a man, he would have wept at the sight that greeted him. That Padmé had once been here- perhaps even that very day- was certain. It seemed as if the woman had abruptly left the retreat without a moment?s notice and had left her tasks partly finished. Her bed robe lay on the nearby bed, and there were the remains of work- datapads and important documents were strewn all over the nightstand.

He had been too late. Bitter and scalding tears welled up in Anakin?s eyes, and his robotic hand curled into a fist at his side. When the pain became too great and his chest began heaving quiet sobs, the man pressed his teeth against the leather of his fist so as to prevent a scream from erupting from his lips.

Then, almost as if in a trance, Anakin backed away, seemingly on holy ground as the twin?s nurser
  2. randomangel22 Jedi Master

star 4
    Glad you're back from your hiatus [face_dancing] and hope you're feeling better now [:D]!

It's a good thing Anakin was able to get to Padme in time before Obi-Wan did [face_worried].

Padme's got a good idea with hiding in the Jedi Temple since that would be the last place Obi-Wan would look.

Great post and keep me on the PM list, this is getting better and better with each post ;)!
  3. jmsbndgrl Force Ghost

star 4
    It might be an odd place to hide, but I'm sure that isn't going to stop Obi-Wan from finding them. [face_devil]

Great Update!

And like I said in my PM to you, keep me on the list. I have to see how evil my favorite Jedi can be. :p
  4. Darth_Drachonus Force Ghost

star 3
  5. FitJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Most definitely keep me on for the most wonderful ride.
  6. Ascal_Elessar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wecome back and congratulations on the Fanfic awards, well deserved

Glad Anakin got to Padmé in time, great post. And I still want to be on the PM list, wouldn't miss this story for the world.

7. Amidala66 Jedi Master

star 4
  8. AnakinLuver Jedi Master

star 4
    =D=

Awesome update!

and keep me on the PM list, too!

Congratulations on all the nominations too!

Rachel Rose@};-
  9. HandmaidenVeme Jedi Master

star 4
    Keep me on the list!!! I may not be able to reply as I usually do but I'm still here:)
  10. VA_Parky Jedi Master

star 4
    AWESOME chapter! I love how things seemed so hopeless at first - I was sure that Padme had been kidnapped... or worse. But then she turned out to be the one holding Anakin at gunpoint! Or should I say blaster-point? :confused: [face_thinking] :p

The callbacks to the movies was a nice touch too. Wonderful work! Of course, I'm anxious to see how this plays out so you'd better leave me on that lengthy PM list of yours! :D

Bravo!
  11. AnakinsFavorite Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author Replies:

randomangel22: Thank you and thank you! I had originally toyed with Obi-Wan reaching Padmé first, but I then came up with something far more wicked? *laughs* Their plan is one of those that is just so crazy that it might work?

jmsbndgrl: Yes, this is Obi-Wan we?re dealing with here. They might be safe now, but it literally is a matter of time until he comes and finds them?

Darth_Drachonus: Absolutely! If you change your mind and do want to be taken off my list, just let me know!

FitJedi: Aww! Thanks, my friend! Just holler if you ever change your mind?

Ascal_Elessar: Thank you and thank you! The Awards were a lot of fun this year- not only as a writer but also as a reader.

Amidala66: But of course, Angel Sister!

AnakinLuver: Thank you! The Awards this year were a blast! When I?d been a lurker, I?d always wanted to do them?

HandmaidenVeme: I will! I know what all you and your family have been through this past month-ish.

VA_Parky: Hey, that?s Padmé for you! She?s one tough cookie and always seems to be at least one step ahead of her husband.

PM List:

VA_Parky, jmsbndgrl, HandmaidenVeme, Amidala66, Gina, Star_Angel, randomangel22, FitJedi, Ascal_Elessar, CrazyAni, Darth_Vastor, AnakinLuver, anakin_luver, Venus_Star2-com, G__Anakin, Josh-Halcyon, KateSkywalker, padmemily, JediKnight_Padme, obsessedwithSW, qtrhrs78, TragicLove, iLoveAnakin7, Cyke, Darth_Vastor, Darth_Drachonus, indigrl, timerift22, JediMasterJessica, indigrl

Chapter Thirty One: The Mask

A few minutes went by, and Anakin was still gaping at his wife. Out of all the insane ideas? By far, the Jedi Temple was the most dangerous place they could go. It would be impossible to go in there without detection.

It would be a suicide mission.

?Well?? Padmé broke into his thoughts, wanting to know what he thought of her idea.

?Are you insane? We?d have to be in order to do that!? he cried out, angrily banging his fist on the console.

She flinched but did not waver. ?Hence, it could work! Anakin, just think about it!? the woman exclaimed, leaning forward in her seat to take his face in her hands. ?We could get our babies back!?

The pained look in her eyes haunted Anakin, but that still did not absolve the fact that he thought her plan was crazy. ?Love, what good will it do us if we are both killed??

?I would much rather die trying rather than never know if we could have saved them,? Padmé whispered.

For a few minutes, they sat there in silence.

?I hope you have a plan, because I sure do not have one.? In the next moment, he was looking at the comlink that was held out to him. ?Okay, so who am I supposed to call?? the former Jedi asked with a slight grumbling, taking the device with a frown.

?Obi-Wan.?

If he?d been wanting to doubt his wife?s sanity, Anakin now felt that he had good reason to. ?O-Obi-Wan?? he gasped. So startled was the young man that he actually dropped the comlink onto the ground.

Padmé looked at him with a calm look on her face. ?Yes, Obi-Wan.? When the Chosen One continued to gape at her, she sighed and leaned back in her own chair, running a weary hand over her eyes. ?Confuse him, make him think he?s winning.?

Disbelieving, Anakin could hardly believe his ears. ?Am I really hearing this correctly, or is this some trick??

Grunting due to her weight, Padmé leaned over and handed the comlink to him once more. ?Anakin, do it for the twins if nothing else will motivate you.?

~*~*~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan was near Coruscant when his comlink chimed. Wondering with more than a little amusement if it was Skywalker wanting to whine about how unfair life was, he answered the call- and wasn?t disappointed.

?Well, where is she??

Frowning, he glared at the comlink as if his frustration would somehow be conveyed to Anakin. ?Where is who?? Obi-Wan said bitterly.

?You know who I?m talking about, bastard.?

A small smirk curled the sides of his lips in a sin
  12. randomangel22 Jedi Master

star 4
    Good job Padme for such an ingenious plan =D=!

Now Obi-Wan has no idea what's going on [face_devil].

Great post!
  13. jmsbndgrl Force Ghost

star 4
    And the Oscar goes to....

A masterful performance by Anakin even though he doesn't like it. And poor Obi-Wan and his masked face. :( But it seems like he's willing to put up with it. Almost overly willing. [face_devil]
  14. Amidala66 Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice move Anakin. Hopefully Padme's idea will work.
    She is so devoted to the kids.[:D]

Great job AF:)
  15. HandmaidenVeme Jedi Master

star 4
    Let me just say that when Obi-wan's mask started itching I thought to myself "good, I hope he gets a rash" but what happened instead is even better[face_devil] .

(Hello Angel Sisters!!!![:D] )
  16. anakin_luver Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    hahahah! oh my gosh, Padme is giving Force speeches to Anakin? that is priceless!

and don't even get me started on Obi-Wan and his mask...not liking that image...

great work AF. i sense that you are leading up to something OVER THE TOP, and exciting as always! great work!
  17. KateSkywalker Jedi Knight

Padme and Force speeches?...[face_laugh] I hope her plan is going to work...[face_skull]
  18. VA_Parky Jedi Master

star 4
    I LOVE Padme in this! She is AWESOME! Her plan is dangerous, sure, but it does seem to be working. And her advice to Anakin there at the end was PERFECT. He really does need to trust in the Force more - perhaps if he did, RotS would have had a much different ending.

Great work, hon!! This story never fails to keep me at the edge of my seat!
  19. Ascal_Elessar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Good thinking on Padme's part, it's easy to see who's the brains in that relationship.

The bit about Obi-Wan's mask, that was gruesome.

Great update, can't wait for more.
  20. FitJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    WEll, I'm going to have to say as crazy as her idea is it does seem to be working. I love how he can't admit that she is right in this instance. Great job and glad to see DRL let go of you so you could update this wonderful fic.
  21. Gina Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, Padme's plan seems to be working so far, but I still have an uneasy feeling about it... [face_worried]

Obi-Wan and the mask - just eerie. *shivers*

Excellent updates! =D= =D=

22. AnakinLuver Jedi Master

star 4
    Padme's a smart girl... isn't she...

Great update!
  23. indigrl Jedi Knight

Wonderful updates ! I'm so glad that Anakin got to his beloved first, it was heartbreaking enough to loose the twins. It was great that Padme seemed like the brillant strategist and adventursome girl we all came to love shine through in these two chapters.
    However, I am surprised that Obi Wan was duped so easily. Don't get me wrong it was a wonderful surprise and I loved that he just assumed it was Mace who got to Padme without seemingly a second thought that the best pilot on the galaxy could beat him to Padme. I know that having the mask adhere it's self to Obi Wan's face symbolic just as much so as when Vader was encased in his but I must say you wrote the scenes imagery so well that I shuddered at the sounds I heard and feelings it envoked.

Can't wait for your next up date :)
  24. AnakinsFavorite Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author Replies:

randomangel22:
    This next post is going to show Anakin?s brilliance- and reckless daring- so beware! Together, they will be almost unstoppable.

jmsbndgrl: He?d probably just whine about the Oscar. I guess there?s some underlying symbolism- united and working together, everything seems to go alright, but when they?re parted?. And yes, that says a lot about Obi-Wan right there?

Amidala66: Well, who would not desperately try to get their kids back???! I know I would.

HandmaidenVeme: *Laughs* And it isn?t going to want to come off easily? Hi!!! I?m glad you?re around more!

anakin_luver: Well, Padmé is more or less the rational one, so I don?t find it too hard to believe. As for it being OVER THE TOP, Obi-Wan?s mask is just the beginning of it?

KateSkywalker: Most surprisingly, their plan will work? for now.

VA_Parky: Yes. Although I?m sure Anakin doesn?t appreciate her lecturing him, she does have a point- how can Anakin be helped by something he will not trust?

Ascal_Elessar: Anakin sure needs to keep her close by. The fact that the mask is stuck isn?t gruesome? it?s something else.

FitJedi: *Laughs* Anakin is the (former) Jedi in this situation, so of course he isn?t going to like being proven that he?s wrong.

Gina: Actually, it is Anakin?s plan which has me on edge. As for Obi-Wan? well, part of me feels he deserves it.

AnakinLuver: She is going to prove how calm and collected she is when compared with Anakin?s impulsiveness.

indigrl: For most of the story, Padmé has been crying and emotional, so it was nice to slip into the character she was in cannon. The whole thing with the duping is more complicated than it seems- hence giving it lots of places for things to go wrong. Yes! You got the symbolism? and it will play a powerful part in the story?

PM List:

VA_Parky, jmsbndgrl, HandmaidenVeme, Amidala66, Gina, Star_Angel, randomangel22, FitJedi, Ascal_Elessar, CrazyAni, Darth_Vastor, AnakinLuver, anakin_luver, Venus_Star2-com, Josh-Halcyon, KateSkywalker, padmemily, JediKnight_Padme, obsessedwithSW, qtrhrs78, TragicLove, iLoveAnakin7, Cyke, Darth_Vastor, Darth_Drachonus, indigrl, timerift22, JediMasterJessica, indigrl

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to update! I was unsure of how to get them to sneak into the Temple unseen, and even jmsbndgrl said that they?d have to encounter a dark-haired boy who possessed an invisibility cloak?

So, without further adieu:

Chapter Thirty-Two: Invisible

When they were nearly at Corsucant, Anakin revealed the fruit of his hours of meditation- a scheme to get into the Jedi Temple.

Before he?d even finished his wife made her opinion on the matter quite clear. Her had gone a shade of white, and the young woman seemed to both want to back away and slap him. ?Anakin! How dare you suggest something so stupid! We?ll be caught for sure!?

The Chosen One didn?t seem to agree. He turned his back to her and proceeded to hover over the controls but, when the man spoke, his voice revealed his decision on the matter. ?I am merely trusting in the Force like you?ve asked me to. Have faith in me, my love.?

?So, we really are just going to walk in there?? she cried out half frantically, swinging her arms about. The former senator?s voice took on a slightly hysterical tone. ?This was the best thing you had to offer after all those hours of meditating? Are we going to be asking jawas for directions next??

Rather stung by these comments and her lack of trust in him, Anakin stared at the white walls, trying to blink away the emotions in his eyes. ?Padmé, I have no other ideas?? he whispered, his voice conveying all the pain that was swelling up within him. ?This is it or nothing??

When they had safely landed their ship in a hangar bay which wasn?t too far from the Temple, Anakin finally turned to face his wife. Lines, ones which hadn?t been there before Obi-Wan had stolen his children and his life, creased his fac
  25. Amidala66 Jedi Master

star 4
    That was just plain cool!!!

Great job O Innocent One. O:)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.