main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Game of Death - *Adopted by ANAKINSFAVORITE * *COMPLETED*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Anakin_Heartbreaker, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Niiiiiiice!!! I love that Anakin is finally trusting in the Force - and now I suppose it's Padme's turn to practice what she preaches. :)

I really like the idea of the two of them strolling through the Temple, hand in hand. It's like, no matter how frightened they are of things that have happened and things that still might come to pass, they have made a vow to face it together. Beautiful!

Another fantastic chapter!

2. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    It was certainly an audicious plan on Anakins part. Only he could come up with a plan like that and pull it off. Awesome chapter

3. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Now that Anakin finally came up with a plan, Padme needs to learn to trust that he knows what he's doing.

And Mace is back?! :eek:

That's not good...[face_worried]

4. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Anakin could give that black haired kid lessons in avoiding "He who must not be named." ;)

Interesting, not what I had in mind when you told me about this chapter, but very inventive and an enjoyable read. :)

5. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Very Harry Potterish, I loved it!!!!!

6. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Absolutely wonderful yet again!! What an brilliant idea to cloak their presence to get into the temple. Poor Padme is scared out of her whits, what could possibly happen next. Update soon!

7. KateSkywalker

KateSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2006
    that Anakin's Force invisibility was brilliant!=D= Really good chapter...Looking forward for the next one.

8. indigrl

indigrl Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2006
    Fantastic update !

9. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    Wow... for sure i thought they were going to be seen, but they weren't...

Padme does need to have more faith in her husband...

Great update!

Rachel Rose@};-

10. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Whew! That was intense! Very intriguing idea to have them cloak their presence! =D=

Anakin stared at the white walls, trying to blink away the emotions in his eyes. ?Padmé, I have no other ideas?? he whispered, his voice conveying all the pain that was swelling up within him. ?This is it or nothing??

My heart broke for Anakin here. :_|

11. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

Amidala66: Thank you! I?m glad you liked it- for the life of me, I could not figure out how they should get in there undetected!

VA_Parky: Hee! And he can thank Padmé for that one! Yes, I love all the stuff behind it? them finally working together to get their children back. I can certainly say that I?d gladly take Padmé?s place!

Ascal_Elessar: I?d read a SW book once where Luke and this girl were able to disguise themselves so well that no one could recognize them. I took it a step further here.

randomangel22: Yeah, Padmé will certainly think twice before doubting him again! Still, I?m sure that, if I were in her shoes, I?d react the same way- his scheme is just so crazy! Mace being there= not good at all. Keep a good eye on him?

jmsbndgrl: *Laughs* Well, for the life of me, I couldn?t figure out how they should be able to sneak in there! I couldn?t believe I hadn?t thought of it before? like a more advanced cloaking of their presences. It makes you wonder if people can see them but it doesn?t register? Also, they are protected by the fact that no one would ever think them crazy enough to do that.

HandmaidenVeme: Hmm? I wasn?t going for Harry Potter here, actually? I was just lamenting my story-telling skills and wanted to get this story back on track!

FitJedi: Methinks he should have warned her before dragging the poor woman through the Temple and keeping her thinking that they were going to get caught at any moment? Ah well? that?s Anakin for you!

KateSkywalker: Thank you! Believe me, I wouldn?t want to be in Padmé?s shoes like that! Can you imagine how scary that would be??!

indigrl: Thank you, m?dear! I hope you continue to enjoy this story!

AnakinLuver: I worked around the POV?s so as to keep the reader- and Padmé- in the dark about what was going on! That will be the last time she?ll underestimate him!

Gina: Yes, they just took their cloaking a step further. Poor Anakin? he?s desperate for anything to go right for him. First, he lost the twins? and now everything seems to be collapsing.

PM List:

VA_Parky, jmsbndgrl, HandmaidenVeme, Amidala66, Gina, Star_Angel, randomangel22, FitJedi, Ascal_Elessar, Darth_Vastor, AnakinLuver, anakin_luver, Venus_Star2-com, Josh-Halcyon, KateSkywalker, padmemily, JediKnight_Padme, obsessedwithSW, qtrhrs78, TragicLove, iLoveAnakin7, Cyke, Darth_Vastor, Darth_Drachonus, indigrl, timerift22, JediMasterJessica, indigrl

I am sorry my posts are irregular! Friday?s are my days off. Still there will be a post here within the next day or so.

For confusion on the last post? that chapter was not supposed to be Harry Potterish. Any references to it in replies were merely jokes. I?d once read in a book that Luke could cloak his presence so that he was unrecognizable? so I just took it one step further?

12. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    oh wow, very unexpected.
    i was wondering what the heck Anakin was thinking in the beginning too...

great update.

13. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Reply:

anakin_luver: If I were Padmé, I would be giving him a very long lecture after getting out of there alive?

Chapter Thirty-Three: The Fate of Luke and Leia

There was a long and awkward silence as Padmé digested the highly unlikely words her husband had just said.

It hadn?t been that Anakin had wanted to deceive his wife like that- on the contrary, he had merely been wanting to feel like he was doing all he could to get the twins back, and time hadn?t allowed for him to pause to explain his plan. Seeing her shocked face, he tenderly brushed a wisp of hair away from her eyes and kissed her forehead. ?Trust in me and my love,? the former Jedi whispered.

This time, she was much more inclined to listen to him and quickly followed in his long strides. ?Can I know more of your plan now?? Padmé asked under her breath, her brown eyes darting around suspiciously. ?You need to trust in me a little more.?

Knowing this to be true, Anakin paused by a turbolift and pressed the button for it to open. He knew how odd it would look to see a door opening unbidden, but the man?s mind was working too fast for him to care. ?We are going to go visit Siri?s old master-?

?But how do we know that she?s on our side?? Padmé cried out rather loudly, immediately blushing under his intense gaze. ?I mean, how do we know that we can trust her??

?We don?t,? he admitted, leading her into the turbolift.

This conversation, however, was abruptly ended by the sudden appearance of a Jedi Knight. The woman was striding towards them, a slight frown upon her face- she had evidentially heard the voices and seen the door opening without anyone being there.

Slightly sucking in his breath, Anakin swiftly and quietly pushed Padmé against the wall, standing there in trepidation as his former colleague?s cloak brushed against his own. Fortunately, they were not discovered but inadvertently stuck in a turbolift with someone who could not see them.

After frowning a little longer, the Jedi turned her attention back to her studies, obviously brushing off the odd moment as a result of fatigue or stress.

Hardly daring to smile reassuringly at his own wife, Anakin held his breath and watched the turbolift descend instead of going up. With the way things were looking, they?d never be able to make it up to the fourth floor?

Fortunately, the Knight stepped off the turbolift the moment it opened, leaving them to hastily move to press the button so as to go up. Only when the cart had made a jerking movement upwards did the couple dare to sigh.

It was then that Padmé was looking pointedly at the hidden holocam in the corner of the turbolift.

?It does not record sounds,? Anakin reassured her, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. ?Perhaps it is ignorance, but the Jedi felt that they didn?t need to monitor conversations.?

She nodded. ?I?m sorry for having doubted you earlier.?

He would have said some words of forgiveness but, at that moment, the turbolift opened at the appropriate floor. Being the first one to step out, the Chosen One carefully looked to make sure that no one was coming before he tugged his wife out into the hallway with him.

Fortunately, the corridor was completely empty, and they walked through it unimpeded. Sadly, there was a larger problem at hand- in the years that he?d been away, Anakin had all but forgotten where Siri?s old quarters were.

?Oh, Force?? he muttered under his breath, feeling that all of the doors looked absolutely identical. Which number was it?

A little while later- and after having received many confused looks from his wife, the young man found an entrance that seemed familiar to his tired mind. Tentatively raising his hand, he placed his palm upon the cool metal, his digits becoming an extension through the Force?

?This is it.? Without pausing to consider what would happen if it was indeed the wrong door, Anakin pressed a button near the frame of the door.

The door slid open to reveal a dark-skinned woman with bright blue eye

14. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    :_| Poor Luke, Leia, and now Anakin and Padme who must deal with that news.

Of course, we don't have proof, only Adi's word. So.... Either way it's still sad.

Great update! :D

15. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    It had better be a lie!!

You are beyond cruel if they are dead.:mad:

Only joking with you Angel Sis:)

I enjoyed reading this even though there was a sad ending to the post.

16. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    WHAT!? :eek: Adi better have a good explanation to why Luke and Leia are dead... [face_frustrated]

Hopefully, the twins are still alive! [face_praying]

Thanksfor the PM and great post!

17. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Dead?!!!
    ...I need to sit down...

No, she has to be lying or something. Anakin would of felt it if they had died.

18. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    these kids had better still be alive!

19. KateSkywalker

KateSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2006
    Dead?!!!OH MY GOD...:eek:

20. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    :eek: They can't be dead! Surely Anakin would know if they were.

Fantastic post, cant wait for the next update.

21. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Ok,,, I'm going to have to agree with the above, if the children would have died Anakin surely would have felt their passing. I do hope this is a mistake... please update soon so we can see what happens next.

22. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Holy smokes!!! Luke and Leia aren't really dead, are they? *peeks out between the fingers that are covering her face* ARE THEY??!

Oh my word - let's hope that Adi just received false information. Otherwise, I can't imagine how Anakin and Padme are going to be able to go on. I mean, they're strong, but whew... this would be too much for them to take.

A shocking, heart wrenching post - and I loved it!

23. geno

geno Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2007
    Well interesting story that Anakin_Heartbreaker started and that ANAKINSFAVORITE has taken over and done a very good job of matching the pacing.

I look forward to more and if you have a pm list please add me

24. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    Poor Ani and Padme...

Rachel Rose@};-

25. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    I am so sorry it's taking me so long to do posts. I've been sick, and I've been using Fridays (my day off) to catch up on stuff. I will be updating this Saturday...

AnakinsFavorite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.