Saga The Game of Death - *Adopted by ANAKINSFAVORITE * *COMPLETED*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Anakin_Heartbreaker, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. AnakinsFavorite Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Chapter Thirty-Four

Despite the fact that their purpose in coming to the Jedi Temple had been indeed to procure their children?s whereabouts and rescues them- a hope which had been proven futile- Anakin felt no less urge to continue their quest. Letting go of his wife?s hand, he stood up and looked down upon the woman who had trained his friend. ?You lie.?

The orbs which met his contained no deceit and, despite herself, Adi began to stammer. ?A-Anakin? do you know what you accuse me of?? she asked in a forced whisper, her bottom lip trembling.

He did know. ?Thank you for your assistance, but I shall look elsewhere for hope- the Temple has truly been destroyed by the Darkness. Come Padmé,? the Chosen One commanded, holding out his hand to her.

Still weeping over the loss of their beloved children, his wife was incapable of ceasing her weeping and continued to sob into her hands. When she saw the hand that was proffered, the woman stared at it as if it were some foreign object she had never seen before. ?Anakin, i-it?s o-over- our children are dead. Let us go back to Naboo to mourn their loss and to enjoy the new life which I carry.?

Already, the dragon which had remained hunched during these few relieving days tensed within the former Jedi. Rage, it would come later? for now, he was to endure the numbness. His mind kept repeating Luke and Leia are dead? killing Obi-Wan and all who betrayed you will not bring them back. How long would it be before the seeds of revenge coursed through his veins?

?Very well,? Anakin whispered in defeat.

However, his wife was not so easily angered- giving the Jedi a kindly-meant pat on the shoulder, she whispered, ?Thank you for being honest with us when it was so hard for you to do so.? Padmé stood and joined him.

?You two cannot go out there- if they find you, you will surely be killed,? Adi warned frantically, rising to her feet in her distress. ?Anakin, please? don?t!? she pleaded, grasping onto the sleeve of his cloak.

?Do not fear,? he whispered, hanging his head. ?My children might be dead, but I have yet to lose the urge to live.?

This hardly comforted his friend, but she at least released her hold upon him. ?Then, I can only truly hope that the Force will be with you both, always.?

?Once again, thank you for everything,? Padmé stammered, her grief seeming to cause her end all silence.

Even as they slipped back into their invisibility and resumed their journey through the Temple, Anakin was amazed at the control he?d shown- a part of the former Jedi had somehow known that this fate had awaited his family, yet he had not expected to not feel the urge to destroy everything within his path.

Walking beside him with her hand in his, Padmé brushed her fingers along his, sending the only love and comfort she could. Tears streaked her face, causing Anakin?s heart to break all over again.

It was over.

Not encountering any obstacles, they soon reached the turbolift. Glancing around, the Chosen One made sure that they were not being watched before he moved to press the button to open it. The hallway was empty so, emboldened, he opened the turbolift door and allowed his wife to enter before him.

They were not alone.

?It is only a matter of time before he comes here,? Kit Fisto said in hushed tones to the cloaked being beside him. As the door slid shut with no one having entered, he paused to frown at the oddity.

His companion interpreted his silence as uneasiness concerning the topic. ?Even Skywalker would not be so foolish as to come here.?

?Are the rumors true? that his children are dead?? the other Jedi asked. He seemed rather nervous to be talking about such a thing, and his twitching feelers gave this away.

?I have seen it for myself,? Mace replied.

Stuck in a turbolift with the man responsible for the innocent?s deaths, Anakin felt his rage well up within him. Only the reassuring pressure of his Angel?s grasp upon his hand prevented him from slipping into the all-too-easy feeling of rage. A million horrible thou
  2. Amidala66 Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa!!! That was not good.

Anakin is going to go crazy on Mace. He certainly deserves it!!

Great update and I hope you feel better[:D]
  3. jmsbndgrl Force Ghost

star 4
    Not good at all. Anakin has every right to want to kill Mace, but I don''t think he wanted Padme to be in this close of proxiity to the fight. [face_worried]

Great update, and feel better.
  4. AnakinsFavorite Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author Replies:

I?m back, as promised!

jmsbndgrl: I know. Most regrettably, they are dead- a concept I don?t even want to think about! I might just pretend that they are off somewhere sleeping.

Amidala66: Well, originally, it was just going to be lie, but I decided that doing this way would fit better into the overall scheme of my story. Just trust me!

randomangel22: Well, she does? because they are dead, however sad it might be!

HandmaidenVeme: Sorry, they are dead? but all this works into the greater scheme of things!

SilSolo: Sorry, they are. I know that sounds horrible? I?d originally intended for that to be a lie, but I realized it worked into my scheme?

KateSkywalker: It?s all so sad and unfortunate! They were so innocent.

Ascal_Elessar: Poor Anakin was too busy angsting over his mess of a life to have noticed.

FitJedi: Anakin was too busy being mad at everything to be properly in tune with the Force. Had he been focusing more, the man might have noticed.

VA_Parky: *sniffle* Sadly, they are? This is going to have a serious impact on the story, believe me! Everything?s going downhill from here?

geno: Thank you! It was hard at first but, after many discussions, I got it all going! Of course you can be added to my list!

AnakinLuver: I know *sighs* Despite the fact that I wrote it that way, I do feel so bad for them!

PM List:

VA_Parky, jmsbndgrl, HandmaidenVeme, Amidala66, Gina, Star_Angel, randomangel22, FitJedi, Ascal_Elessar, Darth_Vastor, AnakinLuver, anakin_luver, Venus_Star2-com, Josh-Halcyon, KateSkywalker, padmemily, JediKnight_Padme, obsessedwithSW, qtrhrs78, TragicLove, iLoveAnakin7, Cyke, Darth_Vastor, Darth_Drachonus, indigrl, timerift22, JediMasterJessica, indigrl, geno

5. geno Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Looks like things are about to get much more interesting.

Good update, thanks for the PM and look forward to more
  6. HandmaidenVeme Jedi Master

star 4
    Excuse my language but it must be said.....KICK HIS A$$ Anakin!!!!!!!!!!
  7. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    c'mon Anakin kill Mace and Obi-Wan!
  8. KateSkywalker Jedi Knight

I still can't believe that they're dead:_| ... And I hope that Ani's going to kick Mace's as*...Looking forward for more![face_dancing]
  9. Ascal_Elessar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Remarkable display of self control from Anakin, not to attack Mace then and there. Great post.
  10. randomangel22 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh no, so Luke and Leia are really dead. :_|

But I have to Anakin credit for not going all Dark Side on the turbolift. [face_worried]

I wonder if Mace heard Padme screaming...[face_thinking]

Thanks for the PM and great post!
  11. VA_Parky Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh dear.... Mace, Anakin and Padme all stuck on a turbolift... after Windu confesses the most horrific revelation possible. *starts to bite fingernails* This is definitely what one would call a "high pressure scenario." Whew!!

Is there any chance Mace was lying? Maybe? Whatever the case may be, he sure didn't take too kindly to Kit's questioning, did he? Yikes!

Another fantastic post!!
  12. FitJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh my goodness, poor Padme and Anakin having to listen to that garbage while being stuck in the turbo lift with them- how horrible. I do hope that no one heard Padme's scream at the end of that chapter- can't wait to see what happens next.
  13. AnakinsFavorite Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author Replies:

geno: Yes, for reasons that shall be shown in this update, the Game of Death is going to start.

HandmaidenVeme: Oh, no- it?s cool. I feel the same way too, and I?m the writer!

SilSolo: Don?t worry- he?ll do his best to do so, but we?ll have to wait and see if he succeeds at it.

KateSkywalker: *Laughs* I have a feeling that you might need to become adjusted to a few things in this post?

Ascal_Elessar: *Laughs* But, knowing how Anakin, that isn?t going to last long at all- and when he snaps, it?s going to be really nasty!

randomangel22: Sadly, they are, but trust me- I do not kill of children in my stories on a whim? it?s all for a purpose. Even if he didn?t hear her, Anakin is going to take the situation into his own hands in this post?

VA_Parky: I think this is applicable for the whole ?Three is a crowd? theory! Mace is not lying, but Anakin shall be wondering about it periodically- there will be that shadow of doubt.

FitJedi: *sighs* It is horrible, but it sure built up some tension that wouldn?t have been there if they?d just walked into the turbolift completely visible.

PM List:

VA_Parky, jmsbndgrl, HandmaidenVeme, Amidala66, Gina, Star_Angel, randomangel22, FitJedi, Ascal_Elessar, Darth_Vastor, AnakinLuver, anakin_luver, Venus_Star2-com, Josh-Halcyon, KateSkywalker, padmemily, JediKnight_Padme, obsessedwithSW, qtrhrs78, TragicLove, iLoveAnakin7, Cyke, Darth_Vastor, Darth_Drachonus, indigrl, timerift22, JediMasterJessica, indigrl, geno

Chapter Thirty-Five: Freefall

In that next instant, many things happened- Anakin shoved Padmé out of the way as he ended their concealment, Mace reached for his lighsaber, and the turbolift came to a halt.

By time that pivotal second had passed, Anakin found himself thrusting Mace up against the glass of the turbolift?s wall. He was screaming- the man couldn?t hear the words coming from his mouth- and trying to hurt the Jedi as much as possible. With his long fingers, he gripped the other about the neck and began to slam his head against the wall.

Padmé was screaming, but the Chosen One barely heard it. Again, again, and again he hit Mace, wanting to make him suffer?

When his Angel placed a hand upon his arm, Anakin paused for the merest of seconds? and was doubled over in pain in the next as Mace kicked him squarely in the stomach. He saw stars, but the man struggled to his feet, igniting his lightsaber.

?Anakin, stop!? his wife screamed, frightened by both what was going on and also the fact that she was to be soon caught in middle of a desperate fight.

?I am going to kill you!? he screamed, using the Force to throw Mace against the wall.

In response, the Jedi Master sent out a volley of Sith Lighting, completely catching the Chosen One off guard?

Raising his hand, Anakin absorbed the pain, gritting his teeth as it swelled up within him. The muscles in his face began to quiver from the exertion, and the man began to wonder how much longer he could contain it?

Slowly lifting his hand upwards, he deflected it to the turbolift?s ceiling. While this made a huge hole and rained metal shards upon them all, he, along with the other occupants, covered their heads and waited for the onslaught to cease. Small pieces tore at his exposed skin, and he heard Padmé crying out in pain.

At the same time, however, something more troubling happened?

The lightning, coursing through the metal frame, surged to the turbolift?s controls. For a minute, they sparkled with the electricity, and a siren began to sound.

The turbolift was falling with nothing to stop it.

Gone was all thoughts of fighting- Anakin, upon seeing that Mace was just as panicked, helped his wife to her feet and held her in his arms. ?When I say, I need you to hold onto me and not let go,? he said. With his lightsaber, he cut a large hole in the side of the turbolift where it would have opened up. Then, using the Force, he threw out a cable, praying that it would hook ar
  14. HandmaidenVeme Jedi Master

star 4
    :_|

So very sad but atleast now she's with her babies.
    I hope Anakin has the strength to go on...

I pity those that have cause Anakin and his family to go through so much pain because now more than ever before he has just reason to KICK SOME MAJOR A$$!!!!!!
  15. Ascal_Elessar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh no, first the twins, then Padme. How much more can Anakin take? Great update, can't wait for the next one.
  16. geno Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Lets hope everything works out in the end, though find that highly unlikely

Good update, thanks for the pm and look forward to more
  17. jmsbndgrl Force Ghost

star 4
    :_|

How tragic! Anakin has lost everything and I fear what will happen to his soul next. The game is very cruel.

Great update.
  18. Amidala66 Jedi Master

star 4
    i'm going with this was a vision and not reality.:_|

great update
  19. KateSkywalker Jedi Knight

:_| God, you can't be seroious! Padmé can't be dead! NO!
  20. randomangel22 Jedi Master

star 4
    WHAT?! Now Padme's dead! :eek: :eek:

AnakinsFavorite this is a very cruel game. [face_skull]

But I have to wonder is this all real? [face_thinking]

Thanks for the PM and great post!
  21. MoAngel Jedi Knight

star 2
    This is some kind of a sick joke. Padme can't be dead. Please PM me with the next update.
  22. AnakinLuver Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek:

I did not see that coming at all.

Wow... i can't even say anything really...

Poor Anakin... now nothing will be able to stop his rage... This is truly when this game actually starts... [face_worried] *shiver*

Rachel Rose@};-
  23. VA_Parky Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh nooooooooooooo!!! Padme's gone too???! Oh, Anakin will have really flipped his lid now. Mace better hope he is one fast runner, because if he thought the fight in the turbolift was bad before, he hasn't seen anything yet. Whew!!!

What a moving chapter - literally and emotionally! :eek: I was on the edge of my seat... and can't imagine what's going to happen next.

Oh man, oh man, oh man....
  24. FitJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh Dear lord.. you killed Padme too now... whats next??? How absolutely heartbreaking- I an only imagine what this will do to Anakin. Please update soon.
  25. HandmaidenVeme Jedi Master

star 4
    This is a strange thought that just popped into mind...
    Could everything be okay and they're all just playing some kind of boardgame like Life or something...?

See, this is what happens when you have to be at your store at midnight in order to open at 1am on Blk Friday!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.