main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Game of Death - *Adopted by ANAKINSFAVORITE * *COMPLETED*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Anakin_Heartbreaker, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

HandmaidenVeme: *Sniffle* Yes, at least they?re all happy together in the Force. Oh, don?t worry about Anakin- he?s going to make Obi-Wan pay for all he?s done! This is Anakin Skywalker we?re talking about here!

Ascal_Elessar: Actually, not that much. He snaps in this post? leading to the end part of this story. These next few posts are going to be absolutely crazy?

geno: We?ll see on that. I think I have it all planned out how this will all end? so you guys will have to wait and see!

jmsbndgrl: Anakin is going to fall considerably in these next few posts. You know what happens? and it isn?t going to be pretty.

Amidala66: He?s just having a bad time. Not everything bad needs to become a vision or something. Sheesh, I wish my physics class was just a vision! JK! I wish it too!

KateSkywalker: *Sniffle* She is dead. That was so hard to write. I?d totally over glanced the fact that she was pregnant? when I remembered that, I had to work it into this post- it was so hard to write!

randomangel22: Well, that?s how the Game goes, sadly. *Sniffle* Is this a vision? I think Anakin?s just having a bad week?

MoAngel: Oh, this is just a cruel game- there seems to be no way that Anakin can win. Sure thing!

AnakinLuver: Anakin?s obligations had held him back from doing the Game but, with those gone, he no longer has a reason to not go all Sithly.

VA_Parky: This is where it all gets crazy. Anakin is going to have a hard time controlling his rage in this post? and he?s going to meet Obi-Wan. Be prepared for some Sithlyess.

FitJedi: Well, other than Obi-Wan and Anakin, there?s no one left to kill off. Not very comforting, huh??!

HandmaidenVeme: Good grief? if this were a game of life, Anakin would be hitting all the disaster spots (Tornado- go back to beginning, etc). No, it?s cool! I have the ending picked.

PM List:

VA_Parky, jmsbndgrl, HandmaidenVeme, Amidala66, Gina, Star_Angel, randomangel22, FitJedi, Ascal_Elessar, Darth_Vastor, AnakinLuver, anakin_luver, Venus_Star2-com, Josh-Halcyon, KateSkywalker, padmemily, JediKnight_Padme, obsessedwithSW, qtrhrs78, TragicLove, iLoveAnakin7, Cyke, Darth_Vastor, Darth_Drachonus, indigrl, timerift22, JediMasterJessica, indigrl, geno, MoAngel

Chapter Thirty-Six: Shattered

For a few minutes, Anakin was incapable of doing anything but kneeling there listening to his own breathing. It started as a quaking within his heart but, after a few minutes, his entire body began to tremble with rage. Even though his fingers were quivering so much that the task was nigh impossible, the man placed two of his fingers over his wife?s eyelids? and slowly closed them.

Then, letting out a small sob, the Chosen One lifted up Padmé?s head, placing one last kiss upon his wife?s lips. They were still warm.

With a jolt, Anakin realized that they were now married. As the setting sun kissed his tanned skin, he timidly leaned forward, his breath falling upon her face. In a moment of absolute perfection, he pressed his lips against her, beginning the first kiss of their married life? many other such perfect moments sure to follow.

To him, it felt as if he?d lost a part of his own body, and it was only with a great struggle that Anakin let go of her and let the body rest on the floor, her head lulling to the side.

Yet, this was not his only loss- the former Jedi placed his hand upon the womb that had carried their child.

Nothing.

All of the sudden, his trembling ceased, turning into a white rage. Before, he?d wanted to kill Obi-Wan but now he wanted to rip him apart?

Mace stood there, silently watching. There was a mocking tint to his dark eyes, one that taunted the Chosen One to unleash all of his anger?

In the next moment, there was a flash o f bright light followed by a scream? and then the crashing sound of shattering glass. Mace was no longer? when Anakin moved to look out of the nearby window, the broken body of his forme

2. geno

geno Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2007
    Well things are going to get very interesting it would seem. Look forward to dual between Obi-Wan and Anakin

Good update, thanks for the pm and look forward to more

3. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Poor Anakin, that was tragic, but you can't blame him for falling into the "Game," after all that has happened.

An excellent post, I await the insanity of our two "dark" Jedi on Mustafar. [face_devil]

4. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Mustafar...
    Nothing good ever happens to Anakin on Mustafar. Let's hope the tables are turned and Obi-wan gets his just desserts.

5. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    I think I'm going to have to agree with you on that Anakin's having a bad week. And it needs to end soon. :p

Obi-Wan better watch out because Anakin will probably carry out his threat of ripping him apart. [face_skull]

Great post and thanks for the PM!

6. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    Not that he didn't deserve it, but have you seen Obi-Wan lately? :( It's not his fault he's all dark and evil.... [face_mischief] [face_devil] Why does your Jedi always have to win? :p [face_batting]

7. KateSkywalker

KateSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2006
    Poor Ani...De doesn't deserve it:_| ...Despite all of this I'm looking forward for next update!

8. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Wow, awesome update, Mace got off lightly, at least his end was quick.

Can't wait for the final showdown.

9. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004

...because [face_thinking]

...because he's hot [face_laugh]

10. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Wow! I've been blown into oblivion. I've spent a few hours playing catch u to this brillant story. I've been stunned speechless, laughed, and almosted cried at several events played throughout this story. Great, great writing. Highly creative, and worth the read. Superb job.

Please continue as soon as you can. And, may I please be added to the PM list? Thank you. :D

11. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    And you are not in the least bit biased. :p But I'm not going to turn against my favorite Jedi, so we'll agree to disagree. ;)

12. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

geno: This very post will determine the outcome of the Game? and whether Anakin will play or not. Be prepared for things to become crazy!

jmsbndgrl: We?ll see how and if he falls. Remember, he has plenty of opportunities to turn back?

HandmaidenVeme: We?ll see how this shapes out. Remember: I hate cannon, so I will not always follow the original course of things?

randomangel22: Don?t worry- it will be ending soon. How, you all shall have to wait and find out. Anakin is going to try to make good of his promise?

jmsbndgrl: Well, Anakin has to win because he?s hotter. And, he doesn?t have a beard!

KateSkywalker: He doesn?t deserve it, but that?s how his life fell, so he has to take it as it came?

Ascal_Elessar: Yeah, that says a lot about Anakin, though, considering the fact that he was unable to control himself and had such an explosion of anger.

HandmaidenVeme: Ooh! You read my mind! *high fives!*

Cole_Kenobi: WOW! I am so glad that you?re enjoying this! Thanks for the sweet words! Of course I?ll add you!

jmsbndgrl: Well, I know this Angel isn?t biased?

PM List:

jmsbndgrl, HandmaidenVeme, Amidala66, Gina, Star_Angel, randomangel22, FitJedi, Ascal_Elessar, Darth_Vastor, AnakinLuver, anakin_luver, Venus_Star2-com, Josh-Halcyon, KateSkywalker, padmemily, JediKnight_Padme, obsessedwithSW, qtrhrs78, TragicLove, iLoveAnakin7, Cyke, Darth_Vastor, Darth_Drachonus, indigrl, timerift22, JediMasterJessica, indigrl, geno, Cole_Kenobi

Chapter Thirty-Six: The Game Begins?

Anakin was accustomed to extremely high temperatures- after all, he had grown up on one of the hottest planets in the entire Galaxy- but nothing could have prepared him for the sweltering furnace that was Mustafar. Tattoine had been blinding with the endless sand and the two bright suns, but it had not been on fire as this place was. Lava swirled all around, and it was hard to tell where the fire ended and the sky began.

As he stepped out of his starship, the metal was scalding hot and stung at his fingers. Cursing, the Chosen One pulled the hood of his cloak over his head and lowered the ship?s hatch.

Suddenly, the man became rigid. Perhaps it was just the hissing of the steam or the sound of metal creaking under the heat, but he could have sworn he could have heard a voice hissing. Instinctively, his hand flew to his lightsaber?

There was no mistaking this reality? ?So, you have come?? the voice of Obi-Wan hissed. ?You might think you are ready, but you shall have to pay the fee to play??

Remembering his dream, Anakin suddenly felt afraid but nevertheless expected the scene that had formed in his dream. Instead, he was faced with the same sight of the volcanoes erupting in the distance.

The heat was suffocating, and the former Jedi used the sleeve of his cloak to cover his mouth and create a filter of sort. Floating through the air were particles of volcanic ash, and the tiny pieces burned at his eyes?

Once more, Anakin started- was that the laughter of a child that he just heard?

?Where are you?? he cried out, pulling the cloth away so that it would not muffle his voice. A quick look around revealed no youngling, further puzzling him. He knew not what kind of sick games Obi-Wan was intending to play with him, but the Chosen One knew that no innocent child should have to be in danger there. ?Please, speak!?

There was only silence? and then another sound o f laughter.

Beginning to become frantic, Anakin prayed that this was all a figment of his imagination. Still, he found himself frantically looking about, wondering where the sound came from.

It had to be Obi-Wan taunting him- despite the fact that he wandered into the building-like structure and looked in every corner and under every control system, he found nothing. ?Obi-Wan!? the Chosen One screamed as if the other could hear his cries. ?Stop this nonsense! Show yourself!?

Just as he said that, there was a slight movement at the end of

13. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Ok for a sec I thought maybe Luke and Leia weren't dead but it was all an illusion. :eek:

Me thinks Anakin will win the Game considering Obi-Wan's been behind the deaths of everyone. [face_skull]

Great post and thanks for the PM!

14. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    You know three angels against one doesn't seem fair. [face_shame_on_you] And I know Obi-wan has done terrible things but I still can't turn against him completely. I mean I do believe Anakin is right, but you are trying to make me switch sides here and the fangirl in me won't do it. :p Whatever way you decide to end this, it should be interesting. Let the games begin and let the best Jedi or dark Jedi win. [face_devil]

But, I am going to have to disagree with a few statements (because I am biased):p:

To quote two Star Wars lines: "Oh, I don't think so." and "That depends entirely on your point of view." Obi-Wan is much hotter. Not only in looks, but in accent too. :p And usually I do prefer someone who is clean shaven, but on Obi-Wan the beard works. ;)

[face_laugh] Yes, keep telling yourself that, "AnakinsFavorite" and "Anakin Skywalker's Towel Girl!" [face_laugh]

15. KateSkywalker

Jul 2, 2006
    God, this is so sad!...Poor children, poor Padmé, poor Ani...His life is one big tragedy...:_|

16. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Gosh, do you love toying with the emotions of the readers as well as Anakin? Aha, of course you do, thats why you are a writer. lol The illusion of Leia was just so tormenting of Anakin, but I love how Anakin is so calm, I guess would be the word, or grounded, he's not overly emotional and he sees clearly in such a clouded situation. And I love how that throws Obi-wan off his guard, when Anakin will not play his little game with him. I was slightly suprized when Obi-wan revealed that he did this all for him, but that could be his way of baiting Anakin to join him.

That openly line, was brillant, so vivid and poweful, charged with with imaginary as seen carried throughout the rest of the story.

And so it begins....man, I really don't want this story to end here...I can't wait to see what happens, and what twists you will throw our way.

Thanks for the PM. :D

17. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    As I once posted...KICK HIS A$$ ANAKIN!!!!!!!!

jmsbndgrl: [:D]

18. geno

geno Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2007
    Well Leia might have been a ghost or might not have been, there is nothing to prove either why at the moment, outside of the fact Obi-Wan hurt her and Luke and Padame.

The duel is going to a tough one for both parties though one would wager Anakin wins since it almost always seems good beats evil

Good update, thanks for the pm and look forward to more

19. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Aw, I had my hopes up there thinking that maybe the twins were alive. Great post, don't think I'm going to have any nails left by the end of this story. As an Obi-Wan fan part of me wants him to win despite all he's done.

20. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Even though my children argued over who was going to put the Obi Wan ornament on the tree, I am still rooting for Anakin!!!

21. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    Your children have good taste. ;) Of course, the sad part about my tree is that Obi-Wan fan that I am I have 2 Obi-Wan ornaments, but either Luke or Anakin is on it with him, but I have an padawan Anakin, and a couple Darth Vader's on their own. Because when I think Christmas, I think "Dark Lord of the Sith." [face_laugh] My family complains about them being on our tree, but they were the ones that bought them for me. Even though I will admit that I am not sure what slave Leia has to do with Christmas. :p

22. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    At first I thought Leia was gonna be real, but of course, that's how it goes... :(

I hope Anakin does some good...

Rachel Rose@};-

23. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Ack! :eek: I get the chance to catch up, and now you've killed Padme, the twins are really dead and now I'm all worried for Anakin and... :_| :_|

*sniff* But I know, I know. It all had to happen for the story's sake. LOL!

Well done!! =D= Looking forward to the upcoming confrontation - but I'm still worried. [face_worried]

24. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

randomangel22: Sadly, it was just another trick to try to pull him to the Dark Side. Though it broke Anakin?s heart, it did not succeed. You shall have to wait and see who wins in the end!

jmsbndgrl: Ah, but you do have two Dark Clones! Hmmm? I might still win you over in the end even though you know how this wraps up! I don?t like beard!Obi-Wan.

KateSkywalker: Most unfortunately for him, his miserable existence is about to become worse?

Cole_Kenobi: Yeah, it kind of is writer?s privilege. Sadly, I?m a reader too, so I know how it is to be pulled around? so I generally hold back. Anakin has finally reached his point of self actualization, and it is this that is going to help him remain in the Light. Thanks for the sweet words! The next three posts are going to be crazy? but you shall be ready for the fighting to be done by the end!

HandmaidenVeme: Oh, don?t worry- they?re going to beat each other up like none other!

geno: It was just an illusion, one last dream for Anakin. The next two chapters are going to be solid brutal reality for him. We shall see who wins- I?ve been planning this out ever since I adopted this story!

Ascal_Elessar: Nope, Obi-Wan was just playing with Anakin?s mind. The action will be pushed up in this post- which, believe it or not, will have a (literally) nasty cliffhanger.

Amidala66: But of course! Most of us Angels *cough* are rooting for our favorite Chosen One!

AnakinLuver: Nope, I just had to get my last bit of angst in? it would be no fun without it!

Gina: Sorry for the emotional overload! Yeah, as a writer, you understand? but it?s still so hard to do!

jmsbndgrl, HandmaidenVeme, Amidala66, Gina, Star_Angel, randomangel22, FitJedi, Ascal_Elessar, Darth_Vastor, AnakinLuver, anakin_luver, Venus_Star2-com, Josh-Halcyon, KateSkywalker, padmemily, JediKnight_Padme, obsessedwithSW, qtrhrs78, TragicLove, iLoveAnakin7, Cyke, Darth_Vastor, Darth_Drachonus, indigrl, timerift22, JediMasterJessica, indigrl, geno, Cole_Kenobi

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Obi-Wan Unmasked

In the next instant, Anakin found himself lying on the hard ground, blinking rapidly as a white light flew over his eyes. A dull pain in the back of his head began to soar into throbbing and something more? With shaking hands, he reached to gingerly touch the spot that felt as if it had been cracked open, and he felt something sticky upon his fingers. When his eyes were finally able to see again, he saw the redness upon his long fingers?

What had happened?

This question was answered in the next moment as something very heavy suddenly slammed into him, knocking the wind out of the former Jedi. Just as the wind was knocked out of him, the Chosen One rushed to his feet and, throwing himself with all of his might at the other man, shoved Obi-Wan against the wall.

A resounding crack was heard, and he found it oddly satisfying.

It had seemed that, for a minute or so, the two warriors had completely forgotten that their ignited lightsabers were still in their grasp. Anakin, feeling its reassuring weight for the first time, brought the weapon high above his head and swung a killing blow at Obi-Wan. The blade missed it?s mark- the man?s head- and instead cut deep into his shoulder.

Roaring, Obi-Wan spat on the ground, his shoulder slumping slightly. Yet, he did not pause and immediately moved to parry the next blow.

The Chosen One had been used to unnaturally hot climates, but the atmosphere of this planet was having an ill effect upon the younger man. His energy was slowly slipping away, and his moves seemed sluggish. While he continued to parry and thrust his lightsaber, the weapon seemed to become increasingly heavy and strenuous to use.

Whether Obi-Wan was experiencing similar effects, Anakin knew not, for the other man?s emotions were carefully concealed by the taunting mask.

Just as he was starting to feel the dread that always comes on the wave of fatigue, the young man f

25. KateSkywalker

Jul 2, 2006
    WOW...I'm breathless and I'm really curious what's gonna happen next time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.