main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Game of Death (Qui/Obi, Angst, Hurt/Comfort) *Chapter 11* Updated 12/05/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Glenstorm, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Such an intensely exciting chapter. Plenty of action and thank the Force Kyran was there otherwise Obi-Wan might be dead now. [face_worried]

brilliant chapter.=D=

2. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Thanks so much for the PM! I loved the update. I feel sorry for Obi though, having to deal with killing and fighting. Hopefully Qui will get to him soon - but for some reason I believe it's going to be a while, lol. Thanks for writing!!

3. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. it was so sad. can not wait for the next part of the story.

4. freakmoister

freakmoister Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2006
    wow awsome, can't wait for next update~

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    You may not like writing action scenes but this was bloody brilliant. I loved how you described Obi-Wan going up the gantry and then the ropes and how he used them! He's so good at finding out where his adversary was and yet he tried so hard to keep from killing him.

No wonder he started fighting once he got back to the kid, to protect, to lash out. Great stuff.

Loved it. I hope Qui-Gon shows up before it's too late!

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    :_| Wow. Just...wow. :_|

=D=

7. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    I have to agree with VaderLVR...wow! I'm so honored to be able to read such a finally crafterd story. You draw your readers in and allow them to feel the character's plight. That is not easily done. Bravo, my friend!=D=

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was so sweet! And so sad.

9. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Finally I have time to read this, sorry it took so long! :(

But wow, that was a very brilliantly wonderful chapter! [face_love]

Lifting his own bowl the Padawan began to pick though his own foul breakfast, grimacing on each bite. How could he have ever complained about his Master?s cooking?

The idle thought was like a knife to his heart.

A lump rose in his throat and Obi-Wan squeezed his eyes shut to hide the sudden burn of tears. How long had it been now since he had teased Qui-Gon over breakfast? He missed his Master so much it hurt. He wondered what Qui-Gon was doing now. How was he coping with his supposed ?death??

Obi-Wan shook his head quickly. He knew those sort of thoughts couldn?t help him, only make him feel worse, but he couldn?t help thinking and he knew he would trade anything he had just to be back with Qui-Gon now -- to sit with his Master in their quarters and share a slightly burned breakfast made with love. Tell him how much he appreciated it.
    :_| I hope he gets that chance soon!

That was a very intense action sequence, wow! :eek: And so emotional too, I loved how it was the thought of little Kyan that brought Obi-Wan back to his senses and made him realize he couldn't give up. [face_love] But I felt so bad when he had to kill his opponent! :_|

?Ben??

It was the little voice that saved him. It cleaved through the raging mire of his mind like a thin sword of light.

Kyan?

With a gasp Obi-Wan came back to his senses. The red haze receded and his vision cleared. For the first time he truly saw the man he held pinned before him. A short, quivering man. Not Sonu. Not Cobra.

Another victim.
    :_| Aww, I just love your addition of little Kyan, someone to keep Obi grounded and pull him back from the edge.

The golden eyes peered at him questioningly then the little hand came up, tracing the long gash down Obi-Wan?s face.

?Ben,? he said softly.

That did it. The trembling became too much and Obi-Wan came apart. He tightened his grip around Kyan and buried his face in the boy?s small shoulder, pouring out his grief in long shuddering sobs to purge his wounded soul.

It was a long time before Obi-Wan managed to control the storm and draw back. ?Kyan,? he murmured. His sorrowing eyes searching for the child?s wellbeing. He needed to know that the boy was still alright. It was all he was surviving on.

The child looked at him wearily, confused, but well. He was well. ?Ben??

Obi-Wan dragged up a weak smile. ?Obi--? He shook his head. ?Oh, never mind.?

He stroked the boy?s soft head as the tears continued to spill down his cheeks. ?Never mind.?
    :_| [face_love] Aww, so sad and sweet at the same time! Poor Obi-Wan and Kyan. :( I hope they either escape or get rescued soon, and please let it be together! [face_praying]

Thank you for the wonderful update, Glenstorm, you really are a truly amazing writer! [face_love] =D= @};-

10. Lileia

Lileia Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2008
    While we are all waiting for the next chapter I'll post a present for our dear Glenstorm. With respect and gratitude for your wonderful writing (authors: Old Droid & Natali Fisher)

[image=http://s41.radikal.ru/i091/0811/79/baca958829d9.jpg]

Dedicated to Chapter 1.

11. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Hi everyone! Sorry I've been away for a while now, but things have got rather crazy at home these past couple of months. I've barely had time to poke my head up every once in a while :( I'm still busy but I absolutely had to get this next chapter out before Christmas. It's hot off the press :D

I thank every single one of you for your continuing interest in this story, even through my lousily slow updates. It means the world to me and keeps the plot hamster running in its wheel. I dearly wish I could respond to all of you individually but there are just not enough hours in the night (it's four in the morning now and I've got to be up):(. But I just have time enough to thank Lileia for that wonderful picture dedicated to chapter one. I couldn't believe it! Thank you and your friends so much. I don't deserve such an honour.

Anyway here it is and I hope it was worth the wait. :* to you all!

Chapter 10

Obi-Wan ducked the cutting blow to his head. The steel blade of his opponents broad sword passed so close he could hear his song upon the air. A few centimetres closer and it would have sliced off the top of his skull. A worrying thought to many but Obi-Wan, with the ease of a trained warrior, he shrugged the fact away like an annoying insect. He countered firmly instead.

Using the position his current enemy had forced him into, he spun in a low crouch and slammed the flat of his sword into the other man?s unprepared leg. A part of his mind whispered he should have taken his advantage. Should have ended it then. Survival demanded it. But he shook that thought away too, as well as the spike of pain it drew. It would incapacitate him. He wouldn?t go down that road. Never again.

His enemy fell back with a howl of pain and frustration, though it was soon drowned out by the baying of the crowd. Obi-Wan paid the despised sound no mind. After two solid months of numerous fights and challenges, he no longer even heard the crowd.

The man he fought now swung in to cut at him again, but Obi-Wan easily parried the clumsy blow and turned it aside. Both men had managed to mark the other. Each sported cuts and bruises as a testament to their struggle. But now the other man was getting tired? and careless. After three hours of battle he had probably never fought anybody this long. Obi-Wan twirled his blade in his hand feeling a strange rush of exhilaration as he did so. The sword might be a heavier, clumsier weapon, but it was the closest thing he?d had to holding a lightsaber in what felt like a lifetime. Maybe it had been a lifetime. Cut off from the Force and ground down day after day, surrounded by nothing but suffering, it was hard for Obi-Wan to imagine his old life. In such times he clung to the memory of his Master like a lifeline. One of two things that kept him going.

He gripped the hilt of his weapon. He hadn?t realised how much he?d missed his lightsaber, yet another part of him that had been stripped away. He took the sword to himself now, dancing with it like it was an extension of himself. Fluid and graceful as water. He felt alive for the first time in months. His opponent could not match him. After three hours the other man was near collapse. Obi-Wan was barely breathing hard.

The glazed eyes of his opponent lifted to find his across the short distance between them. Obi-Wan saw the muscles bunch in thick shoulders as the man gathered his remaining strength for a final assault. And it would be his last. They both knew it. Obi-Wan gave him a brief nod of acknowledgement, which was returned. Unlike so many of the others he had faced, this man fought with honour. He was bound by the code of the sword. He was not another mindless cut throat. They had gained one another?s respect and the man knew he had been outclassed. Still he would not go willingly. He would go down fighting.

Obi-Wan understood. He brought his blade up in a salute to a battle well fought and waited patiently for the surge to come. With a yell the other swordsman charged, levelling his sword at Obi-

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

He had almost forgotten what it was like to touch the Force. Yet his body craved its return and the strength and peace it could give, while his heart craved his Master, to calm him and make sense of what was happening. What more could he face?

Very eloquent!

And the action - ah, I can finally breath. That was riveting; just astonishing!

I sure hope DRL lets go of you soon; I've been missing one of my favorite authors.

13. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Holy [face_cow] !!

That was INTENSE! Left me shaking.

Please Qui Gon, come soon. Actually NOW would be about right.

14. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Brilliant!
    So much action and finally the collars off.
    Hopefully Qui-Gon will hear him.

Wonderful post.=D=

15. Lileia

Lileia Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2008
    Oh my goodness! I was nearly dead before I finished reading the chapater. Again and again I repeat it but I SAW the arena, I was there, I was running for dear life, MY life. How, on earth, are you doing this? Poor dear Obi-Wan, the only thought of his Master keeping him sane and active. Incredible chapter. But I'm happy we finally got to the point where Master Jinn will start his own search. Ot that tension will finish me off. :)

Oh, my boss nearly ripped my head off as I was doing not what .. or rather I was not doing what I was supposed to do. :D

Thank you, dearest Glenstorm, it was wonderful!

Erm.. I'm evil, I know, but here are the things to be corrected:
    Obi-Wan?s stomach coiled tighter in his stomach
    Too many of stomachs here. :)

The hate almost was almost overwhelming and
    One of 'almost' should be removed.

I'm now eagerly waiting for the next chapter! [:D] @};-

16. Lileia

Lileia Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2008
    But he did hear him! :) Don't you remember? The first part of the story goes about Qui-Gon and ends when he makes himself tea and suddenly hears /Master!/ and breaks the cup. And from that moment the story's been revolving around Obi-Wan. :)

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Great post!

18. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Oh wow! Excellent update! This story is amazing!

I hope Obi's ok! I don't suppose you could PM me when you next update? Please. :)

19. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    It sure was worth the wait. But please update soon and don't let Obi die.:_|:eek:

20. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Such a wonderful update! Thanks so much! Hopefully real life will quit being hectic soon and you'll have more time to write. I loved reading the post! Again, thanks so much! :)

21. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Valairy_Scot: That was riveting; just astonishing! Thank you! As you probably know writing action doesn?t come easily to me and is not my favourite thing to do, which is strange considering the type of story this is :D So it?s reassuring to know that it works!

I sure hope DRL lets go of you soon; I've been missing one of my favorite authors.

Awww, thank you!! [:D] I?ve missed being around. And yes I think DRL is finally loosening its iron grip. This last month has been the worst, so many things to get done before Christmas! But the worst is now over and I can start to breath again :) I hope life is treating you well, my dear.

ranta: That was INTENSE! Left me shaking. [face_laugh] My work is done! Thanks ranta!

Gkilkenny: Thank you, my friend :)

Hopefully Qui-Gon will hear him. Ah ha! But Lileia is right! He has. Remember that the starting chapters covered Qui-Gon for the first couple of months after Obi-Wan?s ?death? and they ended with him hearing Obi-Wan crying out to him. Then we turned back to the start of those two months to tell Obi-Wan?s story. Both POVs are now parallel. Obi?s shout there at the end was what Qui heard back on Coruscant :)

Sorry, the confusion is probably down to me. I take so long to write that its becoming hard to remember and follow. I hope that sets everyone straight now :)

Lileia: Oh wow! Thank you! I hope your boss didn?t rip your head off too much on my account [face_praying] The trick is not to get caught [face_mischief] I?ll tell you most of this chapter was written at work when I was supposed to be doing other *things* :D

Thanks for pointing out those mistakes! Like I say, it was four in the morning when I finished this and by that time I didn?t know who I was, where I lived or what my name was! Much less think straight to proof read. Those mistakes have now being hunted down and destroyed and I plan to go back now and reread the whole thing. It?ll probably make me cringe :D

NYCitygurl: Thank you @};-

Lolly_Tolly: Thank you so much! Of course I?ll add you to my PM list :)

earlybird-obi-wan: It sure was worth the wait. I?m glad, my friend, cause I make you wait a lot :(

But please update soon and don't let Obi die. [face_devil] No promises!

dimyavie: No thank you I?m glad you enjoyed it all. [:D]

22. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Geeeeeeez, you really made me want to see Obi-Wan get out of that pit and away from that dragon. =D= But don't you give him a break? Poor Obi-Wan. Cuts, bruises, broken hand, and weren't those fangs that the dragon bit his leg with acid-poisoned? I'm sure I'm missing something else, but if Qui-Gon didn't hear him I really don't know how he's going to make it. Looking forward to a hopefully timely rescue. [face_worried]

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Very gripping. The action was intense and very vivid. I could just picture what was going on. I have to wonder if Obi would be able to survive it. He sounds pretty badly battered. At least he has the Force, if only for now.

Good job.

24. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Wow! I got to read all these great chapters in a row with no waiting! What a find!!!! Please add me to your pm list!!![face_dancing] =D=

25. Bkcbookworm

Bkcbookworm Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2007
    Wow, aboslutely amazing! Your plot line is excelent and your writing style is very captivating to read. Please update soon as I'm sure I'm not the only one dying to find out what happens next! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.