main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK The Game

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthWade430, Oct 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWade430

DarthWade430 Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2002
    Ok, the game is a gaming shop outside of tinker AFB in midwest city, the guy there is willing to hold Sanctioned TCG events, either entry feee or we jsut play and he mails the DCI results, we just need someone who can direct and people who will play, its a minatures shop and clsoer for some than noram so if intrested let me know.

-DW

2. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    I'm all for having a "closer" location for the SW TCG tournaments, so long as none of the locations compete with each other for attendance. We have enough difficulty getting the minimum at either Wizard's Asylum or Al's Sportcards.

Another thing is that "closer" is relative to where each individual lives.

From my house:
    16 miles to Reno & Air Depot (Midwest City)
    13 miles to Wizard's Asylum (Norman)
    23 miles to Al's Sportcards (Edmond)

It's 19 miles from Reno & Air Depot to Wizard's Asylum.
    It's 16 miles from Reno & Air Depot to Al's.

IMO, the tournament should be held in some location to make the drive as "fair" as possible... but I think that will be IMpossible.

If this location you speak of would be willing to hold tournaments not coinciding with Wizard's Asylum, then that's a viable option. However, that increases the likelihood that the MWC contingent would NOT go to the Norman location and vice versa. I would hate to see the existing players get spread thin, and likely kill all the SW DCI tournaments in central Oklahoma.

As you know, attendance is a big factor in whether or not a tournament can be held.

3. DarthWade430

DarthWade430 Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2002
    Well, that is true.. but Al's is not sanctioned and the anoying yu-gi-oh that was there last time, All Im saying is it might be nice to get everyone to come to this, he said he will just use the software nad mail dci points if we jsut want to play, or we could set one up with prizes.. he only has a little SWTCG no singles.. its mainly a minitures shop were I'll start playing Mage Knight, but its closer than norman and Al's, so if I can get enough people to come and somone to be a certified director maybe we can have them on saturdays or sundays oposite of the assylum.
    -DW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.