main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Gamecube Fanclub

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sarg_Kulo, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Well I haven't seen one of these so I thought I'd start a Fanclub off for *my* favourute console: The Gamecube.

I think it is a really cool console because it has many exclusive games like:

-LOZ: The WindWaker
    -LOZ: Collectors Disk
    -Metroid Prime
    -Metroid Prime 2
    -Soul Calibur (Best version according to sales)
    -Mario Kart: Double Dash
    -F-ZERO GX
    -Pikmin
    -Pikmin 2
    -Rogue Squadron series

And loads more.

So if you love your cube shaped console, join the fanclub :D

O and don't post if you don't like Cubes, there are many console VS console threads already here, don't trun this into one.

2. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Yeah, lately i've done a bit of bashing of the Gamecube, but i've gotta come clean and say what i want to say.

Gamecube does pwn, when you get down to it, doesn't it? :D :D

3. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I love my Cube. Definitely one of the more underrated systems out there.

4. Pizza_the_Hutt456123

Pizza_the_Hutt456123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2004
    I have all 3 major consoles, and in terms of favorites, the GC would come in second only to the xbox.

to convince you how much i love my GC, i'll tell you this: I sold my first gamecube to someone so they would lower the price for a car i was buying from them. i bought another GC because i missed it. then i get news of a zelda collectors disc\GC package, so i bought that. 2 GC's. i just recently let one of them go.
    I love my GC!! (and Zelda of course)

5. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    In 2005 we have a new Starfox, a Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, and a little ole game known as Legend of Zelda.

I need new pants.

6. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I finally picked up Soul Calibur II for my Cube a while ago, and man am I glad I did.

I've been a Nintendo fan for many years, starting way back with the original Game Boy. While I've owned (and still do) other consoles such as the PS2 and Xbox, my love of Nintendo has never really fallen on the wayside. I always find myself going back to the real classics, Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario 64, Super Metroid. I love it.

7. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    You know I gotta chime in, hehe. GC is the only console I've needed this current gaming generation. Gotta love it.

8. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I only have four games for my Cube, but I have played it more than my PS2 which I have had for 2 years longer

9. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Sorry. I have a Gamecube, but I haven't played it since Rebel Strike came out.

X Box for me, please.

10. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    XBOXs are pretty cool I think.

Why are gamevubes so underrated? I just can't malke sense of it.

11. Emperor_Joe

Emperor_Joe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I love my little 'Cube. The only reason I don't paly it more often is because mine broke and I'm outta cash.

12. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    So what does everyone think of Mario games?
    I personally don't like them that much but I think they give the cube a lot of back up.

13. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I don't care for what the series has evolved into. It's not that I mind the 3Dism or anything, it's just that it's not mario unless he's eating mushrooms and spitting fire. Those were the good ol days.

14. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Keep an eye out for the upcoming Super Mario platform game for the Nintendo DS. It harks back to the good old days and then some :)

15. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    I never got the chance to play Mario64, I just don't like sunshine, so boring

16. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000

Yeah, lately i've done a bit of bashing of the Gamecube, but i've gotta come clean and say what i want to say.

Gamecube does pwn, when you get down to it, doesn't it? [face_grin] [face_grin][hr][/blockquote][/b]
    Same here...having recently purchased a GameCube, I can now see what all the hubbubbery was about.

Picked up the [i]Metroid Prime[/i] system, [i]Metroid Prime 2[/i], the [i]Rogue Squadron[/i] series, [i]Wind Waker[/i], [i]Pikmin 2[/i], [i]Phantasy Star Online: Episode III[/i], [i]Super Monkey Ball 2[/i], [i]Mario Sunshine[/i], and a copy of last year's [i]Legend of Zelda[/i] "Master Quest" four-game collection that was in stock at our local EB Games.

And I haven't been disappointed. Finally can play the [i]Rogue[/i] games to me heart's content (and work on racking up the higher-end medals that've eluded me), and was aching to leap into the next [i]Phantasy Star[/i] chapter. Plus next year's [i]Zelda[/i] sequel is now within range. Still think Xbox has the slight edge due to the "Live" phenomenon and several of its RPGs, but there were a number of GCN exclusives that were calling my name this whole time, demanding my attention.

17. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    F-ZERO GX is certainly one of GC's better games, I recomend you pick up a copy of that aswell ;)

18. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    My best friend has a Gamecube and I play it quite often. I think the GC exclusive lineup is overrated. The Mario games are boring compared to Sony's platformers. I can't get into Metroid Prime. And I have a severe dislike of the GC controller.

There is hope for StarFox and Resident Evil 4 though.

19. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The controller is fine once you get used to it. I love my gamecube just as much as my PC or PS2. Both systems have their own strengths and weakenesses when it come to games and powers, having both systems cancels that out. As for the X-box, all the games I want for that will come to PC( Halo series& KOTOR series)

20. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    When viewing some of the metroid prime videos on ign.com, it seems as if samus is battling in the skies of a city world like coruscant. Is this true that you'll battle on other worlds?.

21. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    I hope so much

22. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    Hey would you mind posting a link for that video?

23. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    Come on I really wanna see this video

24. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    So go to IGN.com. Why is the controller the first thing GC bashers bring up? I love the controller.

25. PrelateZeratual

PrelateZeratual Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    okay gamecube fans, i have a question in regards to one of the games for GC. Metroid Prime. Ive just beaten the Omega Pirate and im having trouble finding the rest of the Chozo Artifacts. Now why do you ask im not posting this on the Prime 1 thread. that reason being i cant find it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.