1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (11th-13th November), Adelaide (18th-20th June)

Oz Comic Con: Sydney (10th-11th September), Brisbane (17th-18th September)

FF:QLD The Gamers Gaming Thread About the Games they're Playing

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by -luigi-, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -luigi- Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was upset that they cancelled the sequel to Full Throttle
  2. GoobaFish Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The third Tribes game, Tribes: Vengance, comes out very soon. Expect an exodus from the mainstream online games as the Tribes fans return to their fave genre.

And it's being developed by an Aussie group!
    (y)
  3. GoobaFish Jedi Padawan

star 4
    /me hangs up his trusty shovel.

I'm still playing Day of Defeat HL Mod, and BF: Vietnam. I didn't get to Tribes: Vengance but I am really looking forward to Battlefield 2 (Out Mid March).
  4. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I played and finshed Half Life 2 and it was the best game i have ever played. Even on my 2 year old computer the graphics were awesome. Now im addicted to Counter Strike. Bring on Half Life 3! :D
  5. Ellorion Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I've had BF: Vietnam for about 3months now, and only just started getting good. I've jacked up the ally:enemy ratio to immpossible, set the ai on hard, just to keep in practice for online games. I'm actually managing to survive through an entire game without karking it. My favorite part of that game is trying to master the art of flying a chopper.....scratch that, the art of landing a chopper.

I've played through and finished Jedi Knight: the Academy on the hardest difficulty, and that left me anxious for the sequel. had characters attuned to both sides of the force, yet the storyline still takes the same thread.

UT2004 was fun for a little while, but it feels too much like quake arena. there's a slight delay between using a command and that action playing out, it smooths the graphics, but reduces playability. I went back to the original UT shortly afterwards.

I've been trying toget my hands on a copy of gta 2. it was the only one of the series that had decent support formultiplayer games. Rocstargames now gives it away as a free download, but for someone on dial-up, a 300+mb dl isabit out of reach. :'(

6. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I hate my graphics card! I cant play Splinter Cell 2 and Star Wars: Republic Commando because my card doesnt have a pixel shader!!! I think i need a console :( but first i need some money! :(
  7. GoobaFish Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ellorion, choppers in BF:V is easy! Just nose up as you bring the thing down, just prodding your "s" (or power down) button when needed (ie not held down!).

I've been shotgun in hueys in Ia Drang Valley where the pilot was taking me between the trees near the western flags!

Playing online is much better than against bots, too! IMO, of course. ;)
  8. Ellorion Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Okay, the cobra and the commanche are easy to fly, manuever and land, it's even pretty easy to shoot down another chopper of a mig if they're not too far off. The huey is more cumbersome for some reason....it's bigger,for one. and the really big transport chopper is erm...really big. I haven't a hope of landing the planes.
  9. GoobaFish Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The 'nose up' landing is only if you have forward momentum. Otherwise you'll start going backwards.
    It's a matter of powering down as controlled as you can.

As for landing the planes - I never do! I always bail out high above the runway/hanger and wait for the next one to spawn.

Now, tunnels I love. Mobile spawn points.. woo hoo! Especially Cambodian Incursion and the other one using that map and the temple.

Is anyone playing any RPGs at the moment?
  10. Ellorion Jedi Youngling

star 1
    How do you use thefox holes?

Neverwinter Nights is my RPG atm
  11. Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Is anyone playing any RPGs at the moment?

*raises hand*

well no I'm not actually. Just wanted to participate in the thread...carry on ;)
  12. GoobaFish Jedi Padawan

star 4
    LOL Kahlan!

Ellorion, you have to be NVA and Engineer (with shovel).

Play the Ia Drang Valley map, and spawn just below the clifftop (Artillery). You'll see that the spawn is just a dirt mound with a shovel.
    he same thing you do as swapping weapons (press G), will "pick up" the tunnel.
    Go where you want, then change weapins to the shovel. Then "shoot" with the shovel, and you've deployed a spawn point! Test it by going to your spawn/class selection screen (enter).
  13. Ellorion Jedi Youngling

star 1
  14. Nyder Jedi Master

star 4
    These are the games I'll be plaing asa soon as I upgrade my system - HL2, Kotor 2, GTA: San Andreas, Doom 3, Empire Earth 2, Sims 2, World of Warcraft, EQ 2, Homeworld 2, Vampire bloodlust, Manhunt, Postal 2 and Hitman Contracts.
  15. GoobaFish Jedi Padawan

star 4
    So you'll be missing from the face of the planet for a month then?

There's stories of people living in World of Warcraft (And Everquest 2 no doubt when it is released) more hours than they do other things in the day.. ie over 12 hrs a day in the game.

That's crazy. Living in a Computer-generated world... :confused:
  16. Nyder Jedi Master

star 4
    What is more important? I'd prefer living in the computer-generated world.

And preferably with lots of mind-altering drugs. Unless you can't tell I really hate boredom...
  17. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Who else agrees with my that the Republic Commando demo rocks outrageously hard?
  18. NeecH Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Nyder Jedi Master

star 4
    No pay attention to me and my problems!!! :p
  20. GoobaFish Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ...anyone played Knights of the Old Republic 2, yet?

Friend of mine in my gaming clan finished it in 2x24-hour sittings. OMG.
  21. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight

star 5
    I got it for PC on Saturday, and I'm absolutely loving it. Had some minor technical issues with the install, but not the sort of trouble lots of people have been reporting with major, game-killing bugs. It's a real pity, because the game is fantastic. The storyline and the writing is just superb, making the first game look mundane and predictable. I'm really getting caught up in the mystery of it all and can't wait to get some more answers. And then as soon as I've finished it'll be onto Republic Commando, which is coming out just in time. ;) It's a great time to be a gaming Star Wars fan. :D
  22. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I can play the damn RC Demo because of my graphics card. Not Happy :mad:
  23. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Why, what card do you have? My understanding is that only quite old ones or recent-but-extremely-budget ones lack the Pixel Shader 1.1 support that's giving so many people greif.
  24. Grieyls Jedi Knight

star 6
    Temple of Elemental Evil... Obtained it a while ago but there was a major bug which was only fixed with a patch a month ago. All due to Direct X 9.0c. Have to say that I'm not overly excited with it though... Guess I'm just not in the mood for it.
  25. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    KOTOR 2. Word of warning, the beginning is crap. However since I haven't gotten much further than that I can't tell you if the rest of it gets any better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.