main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The Gamers Gaming Thread About the Games they're Playing

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by -luigi-, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    KOTOR 2 is great but I keep thinking that it's not as polished as the first one (little things like framerate and a major grammatical error in the dialogue within the first five minutes of gameplay). I'll have to wait until I'm a bit further into it before making a full judement (like after I've made my Lightsabre).

I'm also pissed that Republic Commando comes out a couple of days before I leave meaning my Xbox will already be on it's way to Tokyo! Should I buy it anyway??!! I'm so torn!

2. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    LOL, I'm on my 100th or so play of KOTOR #1, desperately waiting for #2 to come down in price because I think it is ridiculous to pay nearly $100 for a game that can be finished in 2 days.

My genre of preference is RPG. I haven't played NW Nights, but I want to. My favourite though would have to be Morrowind.

I also like Rogue Squadron, but I can't get it to work on my new compy because it way outdates the game. :(

I really want to try my hand at online gaming, but my line speed simply isn't fast enough.

3. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    KOTOR 2. Word of warning, the beginning is crap.

No way, I thought the beginning was great, really drawing you into the story. I'm more than halfway through now and I'm still having a blast. Really getting sucked into it all.

4. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Good to see more gaming ladies!

I might just have to try KOTOR2 and RC...
    I'm really enjoying playing Day of Defeat with my old clanmates again. Teamwork, few laughs, few drinks... all good.

5. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Just thought I'd point out that Blue Stinger on the Dreamcast is bad to the point of being comical, and comes highly recommended for that reason alone.

6. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I fiddled with RC and got it to work, and it kicked dangerous amounts of ass and took names (in that order). Once i get a new Vid card, ill have to pick up KotorII. Any recomendations on cheap cards?

7. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    LOL - I don't know about the cheap cards but I can tell you about the more expensive ones :D
    I'm currently running a ATi Radeon 9700 128MB and it really kicks ass. But then I had my compy built to spec. I did really try to get the 9800 128 but I couldn't :(

8. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Well, its a little early to get a new comp, the one i have is only 2 years old.

9. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Is KOTOR 1 Cheap yet does anyone know? Like $30 cheap? I need to give Jedi Academy a rest.

10. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Because it sucks ass?

11. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Only 2 years, Murder Sandwich? That is donkey years in terms of computing speed.

Soon computers will surpass human intelligence! So frickin' hella-cool.

12. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    The first part of Kotor 2 really bored me and I hate that old bitch.

13. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    And how many times has Windows crashed during those 2 yrs?

14. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Well after many mishaps I finally got Dawn of War up and running to it's full potential. For those who didn't see my other post in some other thread it all started with the lack of a CD Key not included in the box which it should have been. Anyway I got a replacement only to find that I couldn't play the game, (once I did finally get it installed) in 32bit colour. When set to this all the in game text would go blurry and as such could not be read.

Ah the hassle, still I figured I needed to update my video card driver to fix the problem, however before doing so I e-mailed the makers to see what they thought. After all there's no point in going to the effort to updating something when it isn't needed.

Well as it turns out I was right about the update and so after a hasty download and installation I found myself throwing Imperial space marines against the Orcish horde of Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War!!!

Tee hee, I'm in Mayhem heaven right now :D

15. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah a mate of mine is playing this and enjoying it. He's that hooked on it he's buying figurines based on the game and painting them up... :eek:

16. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    I might add at this point that the game is absolutely brilliant! If your fammilliar with RTS games you would know that they all require you to collect resources in order to build your base. Not with this game, you get to build up your force right from the get go, and you then have to engage the enemy to capture key points on the battle field. The more you capture, the quicker you can obtain reinforcments, so you can just send your army right in the thick of it as it were. It's brilliant not having to worry about resource collection. ;) :D

And actually the PC game was based on the table top game of the figures, or minatures. Not the other way around.

17. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    w00t! Just finished KOTOR. Great game. Now all I need to do is get several upgrades to my machine and then I can play KOTOR2 :)

18. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    LOL.
    Out of curiosity, those who have played KOTOR (I'm assuming multiple times), what was your preferred character?

Mine was Female/Scout/Lightside-sentinel(2 sabres)
    but darkside-guardian came pretty close.

19. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Male - Scout - Lightside.

And... Republic Commando (the full game) is the S#!T!!! I am so frickin' impressed with it.

20. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    impressed or unimpressed???

21. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Three words... well, two words and a number...

Gran, Turismo, 4.

SUWWEEEEETT!!!

GO THE SUPRA!

22. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    I like Doom 3. :-B

23. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    I have to give Doom3 the absolute-scare-the-bejeezus-outta-ya award.

Battlefield 2 is only 3 months away!

24. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    I played that at Chermside Myers.... Can't say that I was that moved by it.

25. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Playing Doom3 in absolute darkness with a surround sound system can really scare you! Of course buying the game just to see if it would scare you is a different kettle of fish. Altogether. :p

Maybe when it drops to below $50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.