main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The Gamers Gaming Thread About the Games they're Playing

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by -luigi-, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Well it would have to be something pretty special because I'm not big on first person shooters from the start. The scare factor and sound etc is not a plus for me either. Now if you can tell me that the narrative of the game is immensely engaging then I just might be tempted but apart from that, well...

So tell me, is the story worth the ninety or so dollars?

2. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Just want it acknowledged by all and sundry that I actually bought a Playstation today and am currently playing the childrens game Kingdom hearts and enjoying it..oh and Grand Turismo4 which is too fun for words.

I suck and I don't know what I'm doing..but I'm with you peoples!! ;)

3. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    KOTOR Spoilers

What did people think of the fact that you play Revan? I didn't see that coming...but now that I've played it again I can see all the clues they throw at your face *DOH!*

4. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    It made me want to play it again and be evil to everyone.

5. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    ...apparently so, Grieyls. I only played the Demo, but will probably pick up the full version when it gets cheaper. The Demo is the first chapter of the game, and the "story" of the game is very well written!

If there was only ONE Star Wars game to play on PC, what would it be?

KOTOR 1/2? Republic Commando? Jedi Academy 1/2?

6. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    KOTOR!

I loved my character! I didn't see it coming at all, but then suddenly a whole bunch of stuff made sense! I kept saying OMG for 3 days. Best twist in a game yet!

7. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    If there was only ONE Star Wars game to play on PC, what would it be?

Would have to be X-Wing Alliance for me.

8. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I could never get X-wing alliance to work properly after the 4th mission. Now my computer is too supped up to play the thing.

9. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    I could never get that game to work full stop!

10. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    GASP! Another XWA fan? And I thought I was the only one...

11. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Okay folks, holidays so I get down to gaming again. And another re-run of KOTOR while I wait for #2 to come down in price. (Am I the only one who plays games multiple times? My flatmates think I'm completely crazy...) Anyhow, has anyone actually run into Xor? If you have can you tell me how.

12. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Well I hope none of you are playing Legend of Mir 3

...Qiu Chengwei, 41, stabbed competitor Zhu Caoyuan repeatedly in the chest after he was told Zhu had sold his "dragon sabre", used in the popular online game...

Time to go outside and check out that big yellow fireball we call 'sun'

13. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Goob, if you are refering to Dawn of War there then let me know when you have it and we shall see if we can set up a match ;)

Edit: Oh by the way there is an expansion coming out end of year "Dawn of War; Winter Assault"... Tee hee, can't wait :D

14. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Grieyls, to quote a gamer:
    "Sif! j00 1337! j00 pwnzor me!"

Erm, translated means, "I'd like to but your skills would be too advanced for me to be an able opponent."

15. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Bah! My gaming talents are well over rated. Assuming they have a rating at all of course. In any case I play well in the single player game on easy but beyond that I just get frustrated. And I have not yet won an online game. Of course I only played the one and I didn't finsh it as my opponent started to swear at me through the chat function. I don't put up with that kind of attitude so I quite the game right there and then. Mostly I play against the puter as I've finished the single player part. Besides Goob, DoW isn't that hard to master.

;)

16. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Anyone here played SW: Galaxies??? I'm thinking about getting ADSL (if I can) and online gaming seems to be the next logical step. I want to know if Galaxies is worth the money or if I should try something else.

17. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    It's worth it if you like your persistent world RPG type games. I had a go at a PWRPG before and lost interest with it within the hour. It's hard to get involved with a game when there is no obvious goal. Of course that's just me.

18. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    I just had another go at the Doom3 demo, trying to decide if I should buy it or not.
    Gawd that game gives you the willies! Might buy it, but I know I'll be hitting the esc button every time that big undead guy jumps out at you, catching my breath, then resuming to kick some zombie butt!

19. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Gives you the willies huh, so how many is that now?

20. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm a huge RPG fan, I've heard good things about EverQuest2 and WoW, but not much about SW:Galaxies, which is why I was asking.

21. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    I'm right there with you with the RPG fan thing though I have to admit I'm from the old school of Table Top games. That being said however I have got quite a few PC RPG games here, all though are single player games. Except Neverwinter Nights, which does have the Persistent World component to it. As such this was the game I was referring to when I mentioned it before.

That being said I can't tell how "EverQuest" or "World of Warcraft" are like as I have played neither but I am very temted to give WoW a go. Just got get past the justification of spending that monthly subscription thing. I have a problem with that as I tend to look it this way. I've paid for the CD's to install the game I shouldn't have pay any more.

Anyway, as far as SW Galaxies goes I know a few people who are playing it and they think it is fantastic so I gues it can't be all bad.

22. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm not sure how I feel about the subscription fee... I understand the need for it, but the way I see it is this.
    We should pay our subscription to the local host and they pay the company for the priv. of distributing the online component of the game.

23. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Yeah, I know the reason for the subscription and in all honesty it is only fair considering. Still, it is the one thing that holds me back from getting the game.

24. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I'm stil playing Kingdom Hearts..yeah I know! but it's fun!

Tried to play Return of the King Last night but hated it!! Way too hard for beginners like me.

Anyone else had trouble with these sort of games??

25. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.