main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The Gamers Gaming Thread About the Games they're Playing

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by -luigi-, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005

:eek: A dollar cheaper than mine!

:p

2. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Word on the street is that Fallout Tactics makes a good coaster to put your drinks on while you play the other two games.

Also just checking in to let you all know that Mass Effect is still awesome. You know, in case you were wondering or something. Back to you in the studio.

3. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Glad to hear it's awesome then, I'll look forward to forcing it to run at minimum specs on my Lappy when it arrives in my mail box sometime next week :p

On the bottom end of gaming, I've been playing a lot of bookworm adventures since I ressurected the Lappy (mainly because I didn't properly investigate whether there was locally saved "save game" files or not). Then I got Paul addicted to it, so I don't know whether I should feel proud or if I should feel ashamed. Reminds me o' the time I got my friend Bec hooked on Korean MMORPG sidescroller MapleStory... [face_thinking]

4. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Lol @ Maple Story

5. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    It's such a great little game... [face_love] Grind-tastic of course, but it's caters to my deep and abiding adoration of sidescrolling platform game thingies. ... Ahem. [face_whistling]

6. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I've played it, couldn't stand it to be honest. Yes it is cute, but it can't match my favourite plaform games of all time - Alex Kid in Miricle World and Mickey Mouse and the Hauted Castle - both on the sega megadrive.

7. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I can't really argue with that. It's not an amazing game at all, but it was a nice little game for the part of me that had been long starved of a half decent PC sidescroller since growing up with the demo of Hocus Pocus... So basically something I can run around as a cute little wizard throwing magic at cute little bad guys fits the bill.

In other news, that Penny Arcade game is available via Steam now. Huzzah!

8. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Hehe. I suppose with the exception of a little nostalgia, I just changed with the times. I generally like games to look nice - rather than pixelated - and to be "somewhat advanced" (of course this "" is a matter of opinion).

9. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Indeedy - "looking nice" is in the eye of the beholder really, and apart from being a sucker for nostalgia, I'm willing to forgive a lot in terms of graphical integrity for my idea of good fun. Given that my computers usually aren't always up to spec, I have to forgive a lot anyway. It's all good :)

10. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Some nice fellow gifted me the Penny Arcade game via steam, so I played a bit of that today. So far I like it - although I'm finding the battle mechanics a little hard to get a handle on, and watching small, bipedal fruit juicers ravage unsuspecting pieces of fruit is nothing short of disturbing. [face_thinking]

11. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I had a bash at the Penny Arcade demo, and it just didn't grab me. The JRPG-esque battle mechanic wasn't my kind of thing, and despite the fact that I generally quite like the comic, I didn't think the writing or the characters worked in that setting. It's definitely the kind of game you either really like a lot or just don't get into, and I'm on the latter part of the see-saw.

12. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Just finished the Penny Arcade demo...

Not really a fan. It's entertaining for awhile but it's not my kind of game.
    I also found the battles tiring, having to click the attack then the target again and again... not fun :p

I suppose in terms of JRPG games that i have played it would be the most fun i've had but i definately wouldn't spend $20 to see how the story ends.

13. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    The battle mechanics are a hassle, to be sure. It's annoying to me that to win a few of the fights, I've been needing to go around bashing trash cans and boxes looking for "Hot Toddies" (bottle of spirits with flaming rag) to throw at enemies because my battle-rake is so ineffectual by comparison.

Other than the battling though, I am enjoying the game.

14. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I just bought Titan Quest from the EB sales. I've been contemplating buying it since it came out but today after feeling the urge to kill my supervisor again I just couldn't resist :p

15. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Oh, shiny. My copy of Mass Effect arrived in the mail today (also Bioshock...). I was thinking about playing more of that Penny Arcade game, but frack it, I want to see if and how this game will break my Laptop. [face_thinking] [face_mischief]

16. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    What's the best price anyone has seen for Mass Effect in Brisbane so far? Hoping to pick up a copy tomorrow (well, actually today, given it's 4 am) but so far the best price I've seen is $79.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

17. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Wow, the only price I've seen in $99.95 :S

18. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    It was a hundred clams when I picked it up.

Will be interested to get your reaction, Magnus. I haven't had as much time to sink into it as I wanted, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it now I've got a feel for the combat. It's definitely a keeper.

19. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Meet The Sniper

[face_laugh]

This would honestly have to be tied for favourite with meet the Heavy. Awesome awesome stuff.

20. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Meet The Scout was a bit weak, but this one is just fantastic. Pure brilliance.

"Feelings? You know who has feelings? Men that bludgeon their wives to death with a golf trophy. Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. And plan to kill everyone that you meet."

21. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    SPORE Creature Creator - A whole lot of silly fun!

There's a free trial version at www.spore.com if anyone wants to take it for a test drive. :)

22. J3D1_KN1GHT

J3D1_KN1GHT Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2008
    Playing Ninja Gaiden on the 360 at the mo, haven't played a game since GTA 4 completed but glad I picked it up as it is brutal!

23. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    It could be the guinness talking, but "Meet the Sniper" was very amusing. Jolly good. [face_laugh]

24. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    i LOVE "Meet The Sniper" very funny stuff.

"I'm not a crazed gunman dad, i'm an assassin. Well the difference being that one has a job an the other has mental sickness!" lol!

25. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Because I'm indecisive and accustomed to doing things on a whim from time to time, I decided to boot up Neverwinter Nights 1 on the laptop. I don't think I've ever seen it run so fast or look so pretty. I may weep openly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.