main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Gamer's Lounge - Socialbility

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by howlrunner22, Jan 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Ok, and I thought I had no life. This is freaking sad!
    Lol!!!
    I'm sorry, I *cough* shall say no more

2. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    *ahem*

Now back to the matter at hand... =)

Yeah, I have a 750mhz Athlon, 256MB RAM, 64MB GeForce DDR. All drivers are perfectly updated, including the sound card. System resources running around 88% when I start up the PC. No ghost drivers in the device manager. Those are the things all the dumbas... I mean the good ol' tech support guys ask about. I'm beginning to lean towards blaming HP (yes, the evil PC retailer... but hey, I bought this thing with my own money, and I needed a cheap solution... coming and biting me in the ass no =(). AA told me about getting some mobo updates a while back. I did, I'm pretty sure they were the right ones, but it didn't change jack. Oh well...

*goes and hangs himself*

3. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    *cuts rope*

On top of that, I failed my damn driver's license driving test today! I've gotta be the dumbest person on earth.

I did everything perfectly (3 point turn, parking on a hill, even parking-turning right into a slot the size of one of those lame ass spots at Best Buy), but then at the end she told me to exit the track. I was so relieved, so I kind of stopped paying attention. And I exited the track out of the wrong exit. It had a do not enter sign on it. She failed me for that one mistake.

It's days like this that make me want to just keep sleeping during spring break.

*hangs himself again*

4. Krayt Tion

Krayt Tion Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 1999
    Oh dear... those are 22 minutes of my life I'm never going to get back.

5. Victoria

Victoria Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    I can think of a good way get those 22 minutes back [face_mischief]

Btw, whoever you are, don't make me have to go Queen Latifah on your ass.

6. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    well I was lucky, when i did mine it was really easy.........and i have been happy ever since

7. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    awww, sorry Dan :(

*hugs Dan* here, have a cookie, make that a whole box of my special macadamia nut cookies

Heh, I didn't have to parallel park or do any of that crazy stuff for my test. No wonder we have gosh-awful drivers here in Omaha.

You'll make it next time. Don't worry

Anyway, is it just me or is a Bib-induced "Krayt/Victoria Love nest" in order here? ;p hehe J/k

Dan, do you think that it has to do with athlon compatibilities? I remember having to d/l a patch from AMD to make Total Annihilation work. Of course that was years ago so it might be a different problem...

I get hte occasional glitch like going to the next stage and it loading forever then loading it back to where I came and not advancing at all. Happened in Hell's Kitchen, NY in that gang's secret entrance. Good thing there were alternate routes or else I would have been stuck. :(

Anyway, I'm about to leave Paris now, just on my way up to see Jock. heh, I feel stupid but I kinda have this thing for J.C now ;) The sweetie, the sexaay voice and 23 too... [face_love]

Hahahahaha j/k
    I haven't lost it all. Yet. But he is a hunk. Bye bye Katarn [face_blush]

Proclaiming me officially looney is moot, cos I'm already are

8. Krayt Tion

Oct 16, 1999
    Pfffph. Love nest whatever. I don't like girls. JC has a pretty tight buttom, I second that emotion.

9. Victoria

Victoria Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
  10. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    heheh poor Vic

*hugs* there there
    If you see JC Denton, "JC has a pretty tight buttom" you'd concur :D

First time I got Icarus on infolink, I freaked out. After reading those other stuff on him... hehe

J.C is a hottie, and I dont mean my initials :D

11. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I thought Navarra was pretty hot til I blew here away. =)

Anyway, what are these Athlon patches you speak of? Where can I get em?

*munches on cookie*

12. Krayt Tion

Oct 16, 1999
    navarra?

i guess, if you are into that whole russian dominatrix type of thing.

13. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I was just joking anyway.

Patches, people!

14. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    I'm looking I'm looking hehe

it might not have it, dunno. I'm just guessing here. But oh well

Navarre was annoying so I enjoyed blasting her to bits. Hehehehehehe

Oh *remembers to click ICQ on*

Pity about Paul. I was sooooo sad... Well at least JC has the sexier voice ;) Er, I think I'm officially sad (the other sad) now

15. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I need a patch! Stick it straight in my veins!

16. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    hehe

sorry Dan, can't seem to find any on the deus ex sites. I'll try AMD. maybe there isn't any :(

17. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Oooh, you got my hope up... :*(

j/k np. I really wanna get passed that one part though. Doesn't even work in safe mode.

18. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    :(

sowwy Dan. I'll holler if I find something.

How bout saving your save games and reinstalling?

19. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    OK, might as well tell the whole story.

I got Deus Ex and installed it. At the end of installation, I get a big ol' Critical error message. It's all that computer jibberish, so I don't really care about it. Besides, the game runs.

So I play it, I have some stability issues, but nothing major. I decide I want to try out some DE MP. I dl the 36mb patch. I try to install it. However, it can't install. Apparently, the game computer doesn't recognize that the game is actually installed on my system (even though I can play it). So I realize that I can't install any patches. Now I remember that little Critical error message back when I installed it. So I copy the savegams to my desktop. I try to uninstall it, but the computer won't let me because it "isn't installed". So I go and delete the whole folder. Try to reinstall, same error pops up. Try again, same thing. I've tried about 8 times, and the same damn message comes up every time.

So now I can't even install the new sp patch that came out 2 weeks ago, because the game "isn't installed". Now I'm thinking that I'm never going to get passed that one point, where I can't even get by it in safe mode, because I can't install a patch that may fix it.

Call up tech support:
    "What's your processor? Oh, that's good. RAM? Fine there. Video card? OK. Sound card? Fine. Latest drivers on sound and video cards? OK, you're all set there. Hmmmm... what re your system resources? Oh, they're already at 89%? That should be fine. Hey, you know what? Let' boot up the PC in safe mode and see if you have any ghost drivers. Hmm, you've done that already too? Strange..."

[long pause]

"Well, Dan, I'm not really sure what to do here. Everything checks out. I've had some experience with Deus Ex myself, and I find it to be quite stable. I suggest calling up HP and asking them a few questions."

So I call HP, pretty much the same stuff happens, they tell me to talk to Eidos. What a load of crap.

Today I caled up Eidos and asked about the installation error. He thought I was crazy and said he can't help for that kind of thing. I hope he gets his ass fired, because I ain't paying $30 for a game, only not be able to play it.

So... any suggestions?

20. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    er, I say either give the computer a big whack, or else, save your save games, uninstall, run a virus scan, scandisk, defrag (in safe mode), do a clean up, give the puter a whack, and find a way to get that guy fired...

Er, no clue here. Critical error eh. Hmmm. What's the exact error message, you remember? (as if it helps, but I could ask around)

21. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    It's pretty huge. About 10 lines in realy small print. Is there any way to take a screenshot of a screen when not playing a game?

22. DUM4

DUM4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2000
    hit your "Print Screen" button, open up paint, and paste from the clipboard.

23. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    //Deus Ex thread//

24. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    "My earliest memory of Larry was when we were starting off. We were at our first rehearsal in his kitchen and all these girls kept climbing over the walls and looking in the window at Larry. Larry just shouted at them and told them to go away. And then turned the hose on them! Larry likes to play drums."

Guess who.

25. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Don't try to change topics!

What is the clipboard?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.