main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Gamer's Lounge - Socialbility

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by howlrunner22, Jan 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Hey, cool! I'm on the verge of "getting my 3rd star!" 3 more posts... :D (It's be really my like 600th some post, but still...)

2. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    awwww... =)

"Waaaaaah! No one's online to play with me! Boo!"
    Sorry Howl. I was sooo busy doing Vert's hunt I lost track of time and forgot ICQ wasn't on and I sacrificed my gaming time for that! Waaaaaaah.

Well, I was playing CivII in between searches so that didn't help with my time-awareness

Gah, of all the days, I was planning on going home to my apartment for a change tonight. Sorry Krayt - and I was looking forward to have a decent game this week too.... Haven't been home since uh, last week and I think it's my roomates birthday and I keep getting cryptic hints of a party...

3. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    And you didn't even win the Scavenger Hunt...

4. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    I knew from the beginning I wouldn't win =) My chances of winning these things are slimmer than Kate Moss on a food strike.

Anyhoo, no motivation to win, now, if the prize were, say, a boxfull of macadamia nut cookies Fed-Exed, then I would have tried harder =P

5. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    You mean VIPship isn't enough?

6. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    parties are good

7. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    VIP-ship? pretty colors don't mean a thing. As long as my name has blue, I'm happy (haha, did I just contradict myself?) Now cookies or a free game, now that's something else...

Yep, parties are good - free food!

As it turned out, as soon as I got home, I was treated to a feast, drank some champagne so I didn't have to drive as I always end up desig driver (ahhh nice roommates) and then gpt whisked to a Karaoke bar (yep, you heard that right) to eat again (oh yeah!) and partied till uh 3 I think it was. I forgot it was Chinese New Year too (Happy New Year to those who celebrate it. Howl?). Fortunately for everyone, I didn't sing, but the birthday girl sang her heart out (it was her 21st too).

You guys played AoK right? Anything interesting happened? =)

8. vegeta021

vegeta021 Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2000
    I'm on the east coast. I don't get off work until midnight. Anytime around 1am(est) thats 11pm your time I think, is good for me

9. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Ok, maybe we can do it sunday, sound good to you vegeta?

10. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    Anything interesting? Yes..... I got my butt, in a word..... whooped.

11. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    Come and play already! Its as if you people have lives or something...... =)

12. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    sorry.. too many parties, and other stuff to do ;)

drat, I need to catch up on sleep again this week. This is hoping my nap after work today won't escalate to 18 hours like last week...

zzzzzz... too many books... dry air blowing on my already sleepy eyes... zzzzz

13. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Let's play AoK tonight.

14. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    okie. I'll try to make sure I don't oversleep =)

15. DUM4

DUM4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2000
    Yeah, I'm ready for some AoK. I was hoping we would play last night, but certain people weren't around, and by the time they got back, It was too late to start a game.

16. Krayt Tion

Krayt Tion Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 1999
    certain people were barely able to stay awake/conscious last night [face_mischief]

17. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    =) thanks for hosting anyhoo, and apologies for the accidental frags. It's not that I was jealous for pizza or anything...

and sorry I got online late. I was watching Gone in 60 seconds/ rocking my niece to sleep while my sis was playing around with her newly-acquired Quicken. Gah, she's been using it solidly, I might have a tough time vying for computer time

18. nightbird

nightbird Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2000
    I've been a fan of Star Wars for years, and know a lot about it. I write fanfic, read all the books, and do basically all the things a Star Wars fan can do.

The only thing that I don't know how to do is a SW RPG. How do you get started? I can't figure out how to join one. Could anyone help me out?

Thanks so much!

Jenn

ps: I'm flipping out! It's impossable to join one of these things!

19. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Come on guys, get online. We have me, Krayt, Dum, and Simpson. I want my revenge on howl! Get online!

20. Krayt Tion

Oct 16, 1999
    we a startin' soon

21. Krayt Tion

Oct 16, 1999
    if howl hadn't left, that would have been a good game, and i am pretty confident that we could have pulled it off.

looking at this map will canoli is on his last legs makes me think we should be alllowed to build canals and dig places and what have you. that would be sweetness. we should have the ability to more drastically alter the terrain.

22. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Actually, that was one of the first things I thought of when I played AoK: you should be able to build bridges, dig canals, etc. Oh well.

And I have no clue why howl left. Pisses me off. Could've been a great game, I think. Anyway, after Krayt left, I thought I was doomed, as did everyone else. I'm amazed at how long I lasted against them. Probably because I had an excellent strategic position and it was hard for them to attack, but easy fo me to defend. The lack of resources on the island (God, that map sucked, imo) was actually my reason for being defeated. =( Plus, I should've stuck to defending. Coulda held that place forever. But I really felt like an all or nothing run, as I was getting tired. I was hoping to attack what I thought to be only Simpson's docks, then blockade him in and see what troop movements were happening and so forth. Looked good on paper. But I got down there and found Dum waiting for me as well. And I was all out of food, gold, and wood at that point anyway, so I resigned after most of my ships were gone. I only lost (in the score department) to Simpson by about 2000 or so points.

Good game, everyone. I want to know why howl left, though.

23. DUM4

DUM4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2000
    Maybe in the next ES game (which, btw, they will be announcing Tues.) Also, I wish we could build bridges. Would've made things a lot easier.

24. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Really good game, could have been a classic if Howl had stayed and Krayt had lasted a bit longer...

I thought me and DUM would easily finish Canoli, but he had so many ships we struggled a long time without any real happenings, other than my ships getting slaughtered. I managed to cut off Dan's wood supply at the end though, so he couldn't build more ships.

25. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Elephants slaughtering innocent lumberjacks. =(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.