So NV The Games/Gaming Thread!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Darth_Tofu, Mar 3, 2008.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Darth_Tofu Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok so this thread is for talking about games and gaming from your consoles to your computers to how well you did at cribbage during that family reunion last summer.

Enjoy!
  2. Darth_Tofu Force Ghost

star 4
    So I guess I'll start.

I just got a 360, enjoying it a lot, I have a few games but have mostly been playing halo 3, guitar hero, and lego star wars. Hoping to be in a halo 3 competition here in about 6 weeks. Recently joined WoW, still not sure what I think of it, but it is an entertaining use of time that I would normally spend vegetating in front of the tv.

I have a wii, and I'm pathetic and still trying to finish zelda. I get frustrated and give it up for like two months then go back at it for a week at a time. I'm on the last castle though so thats good.

and that's what I'm playing right now.

anyone else?
  3. SithLordKobe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well, I'm contemplating getting a 360 or a PSP. Both if I'm lucky. :D
  4. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a 360 and have been enjoying Mass Effect, that game rules! Im on my second go through it now. Playing Lego Original Trilogy on my PSP and I play WoW.

In fact I got fed up with my guild and Server on World of Warcraft and join a much newer, smoother runnign server, Made a Horde character and created a Star Wars themed guild. If anyone wants to join me heres the relative info

Server: Shadow Council
    Character race: Blood Elf
    Character name: Zam
    Guild Name: Remember Alderaan

Shes level 21 now @ 5 days old. Hope some of you join me. We have a Guild tabard and our first bank tab already.
  5. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Let's see...I have a 360 in which i play ROCKBAND a lot...I have halo 3, and that's the extent of my 360 games lol. I bought it primarily for rockband. Cause that game is awesome.

I have a ps2 in which i still need to beat God of War 2....cause that game is awesome. I have a lot of games for that. :)

I have a Wii. With mario galaxy, metroid prime 3 corruption, as well as zelda. 3 of the coolest games ever in my opinion.

But the game that has taken up a good chunk of my free time is World of Warcraft. I have a Night Elf Hunter who will be hitting level 50 tonight on Ner'Zhul. If any of you play or are interested to play and would like to come check things out, I'll sweeten the deal. I can get you 4 or 5 16 slot bags and 10 gold to start if you are willing to make it your main server :). I also have a whole bunch of alts at varying level on the same server and a few others. :)
  6. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    My turn!

I have a Wii, which I am currently playing Mario Galaxy and Metroid 3 (and probably Smash Bros. later this month.

I have a 360 which I am currently playing Orange Box (a lot online for Team fortress 2), Lego Star Wars 2 (with the wife, she won't let me get a night off from it). I am borrowing Mass Effect from my brother-in-law and I am looking forward to the other Lego games (Batman and Indiana Jones). Just so everyone knows, I kinda hate Halo. There it's out there.

I also have a PSP and DS. The Ds gets a lot of play on tetris and the PSP is mostly to play old PSX and SNES games.

On board games, I have been doing a lot of Settlers of Catan, Carcassone and Arkham Horror.

Go me!

EDIT: Fixed humorous typo.
  7. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Aww now i want to know what the typo was lol.

I also have a PSP it doesn't see much play, but I will be getting the God of War game for it....yes.
  8. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I sold you that PSP. my good ol' japanese first gen PSP. I now have a crappy TA-82 board PSP.

My typo was this: "I kinda ate Halo." *nom nom nom*

EDIT: fixed a non-humorous typo.

Ninja-EDIT: Fixed a slightly more humorous typo. I think my brain may be broken.
  9. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    haha yeah. Untold Legends FTW!
  10. Darth_Tofu Force Ghost

star 4
    I need to finish GOW2 as well, my ps2 died while I was in the middle of it, but I got a new/used one for christmas. such a good game. can't wait for the psp one to come out :)
  11. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    i get sidetracked by reading lol that's what stops me from playing video games constantly....that and wow...hehe

And Axia just saw your post....I will join you there!
  12. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, it seems we all have 360s. I got Axia's gamertag and Janakkarakakaka's (even if he never accepted my invite after a month). Perhaps we should list our gamertags here.

Mine is: Paconious
  13. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sorry I'm a horrible individual.....that needs to renew xbox live subscription o_O So working on it. yup yup.

wait i lied...MINE is DerangedMiniTwo...i think lol
  14. Darth_Tofu Force Ghost

star 4
  15. darth_of_nm Jedi Master

star 3
    I don't play much, but when i do I play Galaxtic Battlegrounds on my pc.

Set it on hard against 4 or 5 computer opponents. Ahh let the battle begin...
  16. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    So Darth_of_NM inquired as to some of the table top RPG's that I play with my gaming group. We alternate quite frequently from playing Star Wars using the Saga Edition rules, and Mage the Awakening out of the World of Darkness realm, and Mutants and Masterminds, and D&D, and there's talks of playing the World of Warcraft table top game. Although we do have a fairly large group as it is...we could potentially fit more people into the group...we'd just need to find a bigger place to play is all :D
  17. SithLordKobe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    X-Box Live gamertag... SithLordKobe24

Though I only have Silver (for the time being)
  18. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I've seen year long gold subscriptions go for ebay for like 30 bucks.
  19. SithLordKobe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well, turns out I have a 1-month Gold trial membership. And my co-worker said he might sell me the remainder of his Gold membership (something like 11 months).
  20. Darth_Tofu Force Ghost

star 4
    very nice :)

I got the new god of war game this weekend, haven't played it yet, but planning to do nothing but play that starting tomorrow :)
  21. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm playing Lost: Via Domus at the moment. Pretty sweet game.
  22. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I am borrowing Call of Duty 4 from a friend....it's pretty much fantastic!!! i need to buy my own copy lol. it's ooodles of fun
  23. SithLordKobe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Sweet! I so need to get that game. And Mass Effect as well.
  24. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    i hear mass effect is really good. going to see if i can borrow it from someone first...and if i like it i'll buy it haha. army of 2 looks really good as well.
  25. SithLordKobe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    So I'm thinking about changing my gamertag.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby