main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO The Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zoom_Cthooga, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Ever play "Munchkin"...?

It's a card game, but it's a streamlined D&D kinda game where you pretty much level, kill stuff, and backstab your friends. Some of my old gaming buddies came over last night and finally got me into it. It takes all the thought out of having to play, and adds a little more strategy, and creatures like "The Monster the GM Made Up Himself" that's intelligent (+5), has a mate (*2), is humongous (+10...+25 if it's a fungus, because it's a humongous fungus).

And it's expandable with any other Munchkin games, so your level 3 half-breed gnome-dwarf super-munchkin cleric-warrior can use illusionary creatures with a rocket launcher, 2-handed sword (with 2 hands), cotion of ponfusion, boots of running really fast, and chainsaw can defeat a level 67 threat.

I'll try to get a copy before we're all together again so we can play.

2. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    We have almost bought that game so many times!!! Now I wish we had! :)

3. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Last night I was able to keep our friend from winning by making his level 5 Teddy Bear "Undead" and then cursing him with a fear of the undead so he had to run away.

I loved my Cute Shoulder Dragon, +4 to females, +2 to males. And the super duper hat that reflected curses. [face_dancing]

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Yeah. And the last game we played, I never once got above level 4. And every time I'd hit 4, I'd pull some stupid level 18 monster from the pile, and the only people I could ask for help were all 1 level away from winning. :p

Stupid redneck trees and fear of all plants (-5). :p

5. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    So, we are now playing the classic "Gauntlet" and tonight our daughter accidentally saved over D_N_T's level 59 wizard... So we spent the next hour grinding experience for his new character and I think I finally understand what you all mean about grinding away in Galaxies... tiring. [face_tired]

6. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    We just played the Harry Potter card game again...it's probably been a few years since we last played it - it was way more fun than I expected! And I have hundreds of new cards that I haven't even made decks out of! (hurray for Walmart clearance racks and $.25/pack prices!!!)

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    They've got a Cthulhu card game out that I've been thinking about getting...but it's a CCG in the actual definition of "CCG" so I'm trying to stay away from it.

I'm still eyeing that Cthulhu board game that just came out a couple months ago, though...