main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ganner Rhysode Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by sith-22, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    I was surprised that there even was a Ganner Fan Club. And we're up to five pages. Yay.
    Although there isn't all that much to talk about concerning Ganner.

His face was halfway torn off my a Vong, I remember that. Yeah, that's when the author's decided to drastically change the character. I cannot put enough emphasize on the WHY?
    I don't think I'll ever understand.

First off, Ganner's arrogant and full of himself. Then he gets hurt. Then he changes to a wanna-be-hero. It just didn't fit.

The Vong called him Yellowblade. Rosa and I found that out a few days ago. He has a yellow lightsaber.

What else about Ganner?
    I think I'll need to go through Stackpole's book again.

I like his scar, it marked him and was a big point in his developement.
    I like both the new and the old ganner.
    I think of course the war and the happenings around his missions with corran changed him and became more mature.
    But not that drastic...

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

Definately. No argument here.

I was just a rather large jump from being arrogant Ganner to becoming the Ganner who supposedly tried to hard to be a hero.

At least that's a part written in Traitor, due to the fact that he went looking for Jacen on his own.

I have to admit, I liked the old Ganner.
    I found him a bit more interesting, to be honest. I like arrogant men, it seems. :p

Of course, the Vong war would change anyone. No matter how tough this person would be, deep down they're only human. And even if they wouldn't show their feelings in the open, behind closed doors the facade falls.

Maybe Ganner was the arrogant type because he could hide behind a sort of shield he had put up for himself.
    I would have guessed that after his injury, the shield would have grown stronger. He wouldn't let anyone in so easily.

3. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    :eek: I really need to check this thread more often. I thought we would still be on page 3!

Sorry, Mara, but that's just a beautiful picture.
    Short standing next to majorly tall...

[face_laugh]

Now back to Ganner:

I like how Ganner was able to confess that he had been arrogant. But I never thought of him as a hero-wannabe, like he was described in Traitor. I never really got that....

4. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

Exactly.
    During the mission with Corran (I keep misspelling his name Connor :p) I think being a Jedi just got to Ganner's head. Suppose he had only recently been knighted and suppose this had been his first real mission, it's very likely that it just got to his head.

He wanted to show his fellow Jedi Knights that there was more to him than just good looks and a big mouth.
    At least that's what I've been thinking when we started this discussion.

See, now two dark haired yummy Jedi rule my mind during night and day! :D

And when Ganner got hurt so badly he realized that not even Jedi are unfallable. Which is good, because having an attitude like that would get him killed eventually. And no one would have remembered him in years to come.

I totally understand the concept of wanting to keep his scar. It reminds him of the fact that he is just plain human. With mistakes and misconceptions like anyone else.
    Just being a Jedi doesn't make him special.

I think that was a lesson he had to learn. Or else he wouldn't have sacrificed himself for Jacen.
    And they didn't even like each other.
    But Ganner saw the bigger picture and did what had to be done.

And now everyone will remember him.

Oh damn...why'd he have to die so early in the books? *sighs*

I hardly remember his role in Star by Star. Wasn't he unconscious most of the time? :p

5. Rosa-Belle

Mar 9, 2007
    :p ...COnnor..?..

I can remember I liked his role in star by star..but I don't remember that much of the book..
    Only thing..one scene he is flirting with jaina for a short moment and Jaina thinks how good looking and charming he is :p

Same here, Ceillean...two dark haired jedis...but I like it. :D

6. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

I remember this scene and I loved it! Me taking on a dreamy look on my face and imagining myself in Jaina's position.
    Wasn't she sitting on his lap? Yummy. :D

7. DarknessofDeath

DarknessofDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2006
    o_O

Whoa... uh and what was Jaina doing on his lap? [face_thinking]

8. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I think they were maneuvering a stolen Vong ship together. But this after Jaina had already gone dark, I think. I don't really remember.

9. DarknessofDeath

DarknessofDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2006
    okay... okay.

-goes back to writing his sw fic-

10. Rosa-Belle

Mar 9, 2007
    :p
    nothing naughty of course.

Ceillean is reight, ok, Jaina was shooting while someone else was flying.

But they had other enemies fighting them so they decided Jaina should fly and she hda to show ganenr how to shoot so she sat on his lap and did that.

11. Locke_52

Locke_52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2007
    lol. Deep thoughts from this fan club.

12. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    True. :)

[face_laugh]

[face_thinking] I read the book a long time ago, but I thought Jaina was shooting and someone else was flying.
    :oops:
    I really, really, need to re-read the NJO again!!!
    :p

13. MarasFire

Jun 14, 2007
    Jaina was shooting at first but then she realized that she was needed to pilot. She sat in Ganner's lap as she showed him how to shoot and once she was sure he could handle it, she went over to fly.

I'm pretty sure, anyway. ;)

14. Rosalie

Rosalie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2007
    I don't like or accept that this thread went down again [face_not_talking]

15. DragonMaster_85

DragonMaster_85 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2007
    I'm in. Ganner is an awesome character, who, IMO, was killed off way too soon. Even though his death was awesome!:D

16. Locke_52

Locke_52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2007
    probably best death scene in NJO. deff better than Anakins.

17. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Yeah by far best death sceen in the EU as to date

18. Beskargirl

Beskargirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2007
    Ganner was awesome from the first time he was introduced! And his last battle was beyound words!!:cool: [face_hypnotized] :_| =D=

19. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    The problem with Ganner is that everyone only remembers his death scene. :p
    Sadly, there isn't really that much known about his life before becoming a Jedi. Or during the Jedi Academy.

I always thought his family would be one of the wealthy sorts, since he was usually described as nicely dressed. Plus the extraordinarily stuck up part. ^^

20. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Oh, I remember some other scenes with him as well :) He was with Corran, so he was getting my attention :p

Ganner reminded me always a little bit to Raynar, just a bit more adultlike and without such colourful clothes. They both know and like not looking bad ;)

21. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I don't know much about Rainer because I haven't read the Young Jedi Knights books yet. At the beginning of NJO he struck me as the quiet type, although I've heard differently.

Ah yes...Corran. :D
    Corran and Ganner made an interesting pairing. Not really liking each other but at the end settling their differences and doing what had to be done.

I really like their scenes in the book. Can't remember which book right now, but I know I liked it. ^^

22. Beskargirl

Beskargirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2007
    That would be in Dark Tide: Onslaught and Dark Tide: Ruin. They go to a planet and find the bones of a Yuuzhan Vong, who was an ancestor of Shedo Shai. This leads to a vendetta between Shai and Corran.

23. MarasFire

Jun 14, 2007
    Okay so I reread SbS today and I was struck once more with Ganner love. I really like how he was portrayed in it, how he was willing to pretend to be the leader and submitting to the orders of a much younger Jedi. Mmm, I am now determined to write a fic with him in it...

By the way, is it my imagination or has Ganner's page on Wookieepedia been embellished?

24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It's not your imagination at all. Just within the last couple weeks I did a complete rewrite of the article, and it's now passed to Featured Article status, which means it's going to be on the main page eventually.

I, too, love Ganner.

25. MarasFire

Jun 14, 2007
    Wow, Havac, that's awesome. You did an excellent rewrite. =D= =D= Thanks for spending time on our man, Ganner! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.