main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Gentlemen's Writing Guild

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SkalenFehl, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Congrats you two! It was a close call and tough to judge. I was almost falling asleep as I read through them. Tried to be as honest and impartial as possible. Both stories rocked, each in their own right.

I think all our challenges should be short and sweet. It should make it easier for participation by all writers and judges in the future. Thanks to everyone who participated!

2. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Wow - a close one. Thanks to everyone!

Yeah, grammar wasn't, isn't, and likely will never be a strong suit of mine. 'Tis probably one reason I hated English classes. That fact doesn't diminish my enjoyment of writing though.

Okay, if there's a compliment in there I'm not seeing it. Maybe my fic needed more dancing girls? :p

3. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    I didn't want to be the one to point it out BigE, but yeah, a few exotic dancers probably would have kept me from dozing too.

;)

:p

4. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Hey, the man's gotta keep something back for the sequel(s)!

5. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    I guess I should have prefaced that with, "from working two jobs..."

Both stories are great! I was simply trying to focus. :p

6. Almerus

Almerus Jedi Master

Jun 14, 2006
    Hey guys, sorry I couldn't get to judge the challenge fics. My router started crapping out on me and I didn't have the coin to fix it at the time. :(

7. Affixed Scowler

Affixed Scowler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 15, 2005
    Phew! Now that was a close race. Well, enjoy your 1.3% victory for now, BigE. Next challenge I will destroy you with an entry so good, my brain would explode if I even began to understand what the hell I'm talking about! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!.....oh, and congratulations. [face_laugh] =D=

8. Exeter

Feb 2, 2005
    You have failed me for the last time, Admiral.

[image=http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9848/vaderelmodeathwar.jpg]

But seriously, it ended up turning out fine. You can get in on the judging for the next one we do!

I told you guys it was a titanic grudge match.

Now just think how much grudgier the next challenge will be. It'll be awesome.

9. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    How about our next challenge be a LIFE DAY challenge? Deadline is December 25. You all set the parameters, but I do like short stories so my brain doesn't explode (just worked about 16 hours). I'm willing to be a judge again.

Check my story in my signature for inspiration/ideas. Man, I can't believe it's been so long that I wrote that and I never changed it, lol. Now that it's the season again, I'll leave it for another month.

Now for some much needed sleep! I'm so glad this thing has spell check!! [face_hypnotized]
    I-)

10. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Where'd everyone go?

Anyway, I have much more time to dedicate to writing and judging now that I've been laid off from my day job. Bittersweet...

11. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    Man, Skalen, that sucks. (Sorry, I'm sure it's an understatement.)

On topic, yeah, I might be able to put something together for this challenge. If not, I'll surely judge. ;)

12. Affixed Scowler

Aug 15, 2005
    Skalen...that's horrible, man. :eek:

Well, hopefully the fact that the next entry of Gamma Cell goes up Monday will make you at least a little happier. :confused:

13. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    back-to-back challenges?

I'm still recovering from writing that last one. :p

14. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    We don't have to have a challenge right away. But let's do spotlight each other's works. ZEGO, looking forward to Gamma Cell, and collaborating, too, if you're still up for that. I've also been thinking...any ladies and gents here do any writing outside of the Star Wars universe? I was thinking about starting a group on Facebook for anyone who might be interested in participating. It wouldn't be anything too serious. Really more relaxed; just a place to write, collaborate and share stories of anything else. Just a thought. No big deal.

15. Affixed Scowler

Aug 15, 2005
    Well, it's been a long time coming, but the newest entry to the pseudo sequel to The RC Chronicles: Alpha Squad--Gamma Cell: Entries of a Strike Team has arrived.:D

http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/27091571/p3

16. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Yeah. Maybe you'll even read & comment on them next time. o_O :p

17. Exeter

Feb 2, 2005
    Oh, I see how it is. A guy SLAVES away in the time-honored role of "interim master of challenges", which requires expertise in such difficult and varied tasks as third-grade mathematics and uploading images to the internet, not to even MENTION (clearly) finding five minutes of free time every few days, and this is the kind of treatment he gets? And here I thought this place was a refuge from Obi-Wan's "wretched hive of scum and villainy"!

Next time I'll be sure to pay special attention to your challenge scores. Very special attention [face_whistling]

I miss the days when ale was a mod and I could just be like, "can you take care of this guy for me? I don't want to get my hands dirty."

And I'll have you know, I read both of the entries. I even went so far as to start working on replies, though I seemed to have accidentally misplaced yours :eek: :p

Skalen - I think another challenge is a great idea. It might be a good idea to at least hold off on the deadline until after the holidays (I think a few gents are doing NaNoWriMo as well), since that will give everybody the chance to get in on it and find the time to get some serious writing going.

18. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008

Oh snap. No he didn't. [face_plain]

[face_laugh]

Well, first off Ex; do you recall why I suddenly stepped down? o_O They found it. [face_plain] 'nuff said.

And, lest it need be said - I know people... now I'm not saying I know people, but I know people.

19. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Ah, good point, Exeter. Happy Thanksgiving, gents!

20. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Sorry, Exeter.

I...I couldn't help myself.

It just seemed like you've been spending a lot of time playing Uatu the Watcher and whatnot. :p

21. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    (um) Happy 2009?

:eek: :(

want some pudding?

22. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Chocolate pudding! :D

23. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    Anyone else wish there was a holiday for sleeping in?

24. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    A paid holiday for sleeping in!! That would be awesome! :D

25. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Dang, sign me up.

I get so few opportunities to really sleep in; with no family, work, or other obligation to draw me away from that sweet, sweet slumber.

Zzzzzzzzzz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.