main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Gentlemen's Writing Guild

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SkalenFehl, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Darn. *goes off to get a less killable, armored animal*

2. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Right. I'm obviously not thinking. *snap* Everyone grab the frosty cold beverage of your choice. Of not frosty cold if that's your thing. But nothing alcoholic for the minors.

Edit: Darn. *goes off to get a less killable, armored animal*

Good luck with that one. It still won't get past the defenses even if I'm short a few rabid Ewoks.

3. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    BMK, there is one thing that can get through all your defenses and more. :p

4. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    BMK, there is one thing that can get through all your defenses and more.

Name it. I'll prove you wrong.

5. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
  6. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    But you shouldn't want to sabotage the machine. So I don't have to reveal how I'd be forced to take you down. ;) Besides, I can't reveal the entire security grid to you know who. She's listening.

7. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Ahhh, good, Sarah and Megan are already here.

Hello boys! And [face_hug] to Elu who I actually know. ;)

:Targeter:

8. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Of course. :p I'm just saying I'd get through everything cause I have...cause I'm a guy. :p

Oh yeah, and I'm Death, so ya know, nothing really stops me once you are on the list of the dead.

*lounges back in a chair and grabs a martini*

edit: Hello Jenn. :) ;)

9. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    SF, I'd love to see a man's idea of mush!

You got it, flowerbee! Check out Where doesn't it hurt? and tell me what you think. Did I succeed? Is it hogwash?

_JM_ I really enjoyed both versions of your excerpts. I think both are valid. I can imagine the second one being part of an epic saga, very fitting and worthy of any EU book I have read.

Arin_Atona I've read your story and replied. I really liked reading the beginning and seeing where the NJO series left off, even if is almost two decades later. Great work!

sidious618, do you want feedback on the thread that is linked in your signature? I'm going over everyone's stories that have joined our guild. It will take me a while to get through everyone's requests. Really great stories so far!

Jedi_BMK the cooler doesn't need to be stocked. As soon as you close the door it restocks itself and whatever you want just appears when you open it. If not, just snap your fingers and voila! Chilled to perfection! ;)

10. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Really?

*holds up Grim Reaper by the ankle*

I thought this little guy was Death.

*teases Death mercilessly before setting him down and patting him on the head*

*snaps fingers*
    *rabid ewok appears out of thin air and swallows Death whole, burps loudly, and vanishes in a puff of smoke*

I really like this whole snapping fingers business. I need to get one of those installed for the house...

11. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *kills ewok and comes back* Har har.

As for that little grim reaper dude, where'd you get that? Toys 'R Us? Seriously.

In anycase...*slashes off Arin's fingers* ;)

*looks at his list and sees he wasn't supposed to do that* Aw man. Crap. *makes fingers go back* *grumbles*

12. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Elu: As for that little grim reaper dude, where'd you get that? Toys 'R Us? Seriously.

Wal-Mart. He was on clearance.

's okay. Virtual fingers grow back.

*pulls off a finger and throws it at Elu, poking him in the eye*

Just don't slay any thread participants and it's all good :D

VadersMistress:

Photomanipulation? Maybe this thread is a good place for this:

*snaps fingers*
    *ewok is resurrected and a Harley appears out of thin air*
    *yub! yub!*

[image=http://www2.arkansas.net/~seant/stories/ewok_harley.jpg]

flowerbee: I'd love to see a man's idea of mush!

An excerpt from my fic, On the Shoulders of Giants:

The darkened room was silent as Nori walked in, drenched in darkness that her eyes would take time to adjust to. She paused in the center of the room, listening intently, sensing that someone else was with her. They could hide from the light, but none could hide from the Force.

"I know you're in here," Nori stated casually.

"Then at least pretend to be surprised," a low voice said from behind her as a pair of strong arms wrapped about her waist.

"How did you know I was coming home early?"

"I'm a Commandant," the voice responded, as one hand left her waist to pull back the dark hair at her neck. "I make it my business to know when troublemakers come and go."

"So I'm a troublemaker now?"

"Only in the most flattering sense of the word," he replied just before her cloak dropped to the floor and his lips found her neck from behind.

"This is nice," she whispered, reaching up to thread her fingers into his soft hair, "but I'm really hungry."

"Then I'll make dinner for you," he responded, tugging at the belt of her tunic, "Some Telgrijian steak wraps, perhaps?"

"Sounds delicious," she stated as her belt joined her cloak on the floor and his lips returned to her neck. "Such a lovely greeting... and making dinner too? Training you has been far easier than any Padawan."

"You can't train anybody to be this good."

"Arin, you're incorrigible," she chuckled as he gently stepped around to face her, his silhouette barely visible in the darkness. Arin leaned in and they shared a kiss while he pulled aside her overtunic and slid it over her shoulders, restraining her arms behind her.

"Am I supposed to try escaping from this?"

"No," he replied. "This is supposed to make you want to stay."

"You're doing a good job of that," she remarked, catching his scent as he gently kissed and sucked the exposed flesh on her shoulder. "On second thought... dinner can wait."

Finally free of her overtunic, his arms returned to her waist and he picked her up, carrying her into the next room and lowering her to the bed. The moonlight from outside peered in through one of the windows, bathing their room in a soft, pale light.

"I know it's difficult," he whispered in her ear as he lay down and snuggled up beside her, "but just for tonight... can you lower those Jedi defenses of yours and let me have you to myself?"

"Arin," Nori sighed, trying to talk and enjoy his tender ministrations at the same time. "You know what's at stake if the Council finds out about our marriage."

"I think that will be out in the open when you show up with a baby."

Nori froze. Did he know? Could he? Not even anyone on the Council suspected.

"When were you planning on telling me?" he asked.

"I... How? How did you know?" The pale moonlight was dim, but bright enough that Nori could see a smile stretch across Arin's mouth.

"The way your eyes twinkle when you're happy," was his response.

"Stars twinkle," she corrected him, possibly for the five-thousandth time. "Eyes sparkle."

"Then maybe you have stars in your eyes," he replied, the same as always. "And you must be quite happy for them to twinkle the way they do now."

"Happier than ever, love," she said sweetly, stroking his cheek. They shared another kiss and Nori let down her guard for the first time in ages, allowing herself to be lost complet

13. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Well written Arin! I could visualize the moonlight in the room. Nice and romantic.

Okay, my response to flowerbee's male mush challenge got buried in the previous page. So I'm jumping on the mush train and posting my mushy viggie. It's called "Where doesn't it hurt?" I took inspiration from Raiders of the Lost Ark. It was a hit with the gals in the Beyond forum. I'm interested in some feedback from the guys. Brace yourselves, lol.

--

Han Solo poured the last drop of his favorite caf into his cup and made his way back to the lounge dejaric table aboard the Millennium Falcon, humming an old Corellian tune that he had learned as a youth before his days at the Academy. He was in an especially good mood. Chewie was on Kashyyyk visiting family and Han had insisted that Leia take a break from all her political mumbo jumbo and fly away with him. She always said her schedule was too full and it would take a miracle to have some time to get away. A nice little privy chat with Mon Mothma remedied that. She was even kind enough to suggest he take Leia on a nice picnic to Dathomir. After all, he had won the planet in a game of sabacc and it was a beautiful world, or so many had said.

He had arranged to have the finest wines and delicatessens displayed in an open, yet private and remote setting at the top of a high mesa overlooking grand vistas of mountain ranges, forests and a great lake which cast a beautiful reflection of the sunset. At night the panoramic view of the constellations and shooting stars was enough to take the breath away of even some of the more calloused smugglers that he had known. It would be perfect. He owed Lando big time for arranging it.

Han decided that he wasn?t romantic enough and vowed to improve even if it meant making a fool of himself. He began to do a little dance, stepping back and forth, crossing his feet as Leia watched from the table where she sat sipping her own herbal tea. He felt a little foolish as he sauntered but the whimsical smile on her face and the sparkle in her eyes made every second worth it.

?You?re so debonair,? Leia said with a bit of a giggle, as she playfully complimented him, appealing to his ego. She felt at ease, able to let her hair down, as it were, away from the eyes of politicians who watched her every move and took note of every word she spoke.

?Debonair is my middle name,? he replied, raising his eyebrows, then displaying his best lop-sided grin. She made him feel like a schoolboy again and he decided to perform a little twirl to finish off his moves and no sooner had he done so than he stubbed his bare toes against the corner of the corridor bordering the lounge. He jerked his foot backwards in excruciating pain as the steaming caf spilt across his forearm, bicep and on the right side of his chest, staining his new blue satin pajamas that Leia had given him for a wedding gift several months prior.

Han fell to the floor, hurting his knee. He gritted his teeth, trying to decide which hurt more, his knee, his toes or the burns. He couldn?t decided if he wanted to laugh or cry. It hurt everywhere.

?Han!? Leia exclaimed, as she jumped from the table to help him to his feet. She stooped to give him a hand and he held onto her as he stood up on one leg, hopping slightly from the pain in his toes. With her help he hobbled back to his cabin where he lay down on the nearest bunk. She sat down at his side, accidentally bumping into his injured knee.

?Oww!? he howled in pain and she quickly moved forward closer to his side, apologizing. She began unbuttoning his shirt to tend to his burns as he lay there, grimacing. She reached the top button and unfastened it, scraping it against his chest where the caf had burned it.

?Aah!? Han yelled, trying not to sound too irritated.

?Well where doesn?t it hurt?? Leia retorted a bit edgy.

Han creased his brow, considering her question. ?Here!? he said, pointing to his elbow with one finger.

Leia smiled slightly, pursing her lips to one side. She took his elbow and kissed it ever so gently. Chil

14. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    [face_plain] *runs from the mush*

15. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    *runs from the mush*

LOL, alright, I'm done with the mush.

*snaps fingers and an icy lemonade appears in hand*

Well, back to a little bit of business. So far Arin_Atona, Vivid_Scripts, and Jedi_BMK have expressed interest in organizing categories and awards. Is there anyone else interested and if so what categories do you have in mind?

Let's keep this in mind this month so that we are ready to kick start 2005 with an itinerary. Thanks to all the guys who have participated. I think we can look forward to a successful year. Cheers.

*guzzles icy lemonade and clenches his fist and grimaces*

Brainfreeze! :oops:

16. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    One of my rare attempts at something approximating conventional mush:
    The turblift doors slid shut behind them, and they moved to opposite sides of the ?lift car, not quite meeting each other?s eyes. Another sort of duel, then. He leaned back against the bulkhead, folded his arms across his chest, and looked at Tahiri, using a flicker of the Force to catch her attention.

Just him, her, and a confined space. Perfect.

Reaching for the keyplate, he stopped the lift car.

?So I?m not your boyfriend?? he asked, smiling wryly.

?I didn?t? didn?t think you?d want to be,? she shrugged. ?I mean? I like you, Anakin. I know we? we?ve kissed, and stuff. But I don?t expect you to like me? not like you used to, and not like? not like I might like you to. I need you ? to feel human? but I can?t let my needs get in the way of your life. What I saw in there? you?d rather have someone like Mara, wouldn?t you???

?Tahiri!? he laughed, and then his face became serious. ?It?s you that I want. You and me.? He smiled at her, teasing reluctant memories out of the back of her mind. ?You know that?.?

?I guess so,? she said, shifting uneasily. ?I just? it?s just ? what they did to me, Anakin. There are parts of me that I?ll always? always have to keep in a cage. It?s like having a wolf prowling inside my mind. How can you like me ? after what they did to me??

?I like all of you,? he promised her, looking her up and down. ?Always have, always will. Can?t not. Come here.?

When she didn?t, he pushed off from his side of the ?lift, and went over to her instead.

He grinned as she raised her head and looked at him, his eyes locking with hers. She was nervous, but he could see motes of molten tiger-gold lurking in the green of her eyes, echoing the sunlight in her hair.

Golden hair, green eyes, catching the light.

He grinned, and knew it made him look a lot like his father.

Her lips parted slightly, as if to answer an unasked question, and he leant closer, losing himself in her.

Forever, if he could.

As their lips met, and they wrapped their arms around each other, his mind ? wowed again by the firework taste of the kiss ? still managed to be surprised by the strength of her embrace, and he tightened his own grip on her in response, finding the firm, lean body beneath her loose jumpsuit ? as though discovering her for the first time. He felt a thrill like fear course through him.

And woke up.
    :D :cool: [face_mischief]

- The Imperial Ewok

17. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    And woke up. [face_laugh]

That was cool. I wonder if you hated seeing Anakin become one with the force but man, talk about going out in a blaze of glory. The NJO was an awesome series to read.

*Starts looking for Vector Prime.* Maybe I'll read it all again.

Well flowerbee, there's three mushy tidbits. Waddaya think?

18. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    I think McEwok will pay for that later. Not sure about the others. Hang on.

EDIT- You all did very well, actually. I hate sap. *shudder*

19. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I'm seriously dead.

Exams everywhere!

20. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    sidious618, do you want feedback on the thread that is linked in your signature? I'm going over everyone's stories that have joined our guild. It will take me a while to get through everyone's requests. Really great stories so far!

Yep, that's the one. Make sure to post in our thread so the other suthors now we have even more readers. :)

21. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    I hate sap.

Well, I guess you're in the right place! :)

22. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Ugh, if I tried to write a viggie right now it would be dark and sadistic. Nothing you men are interested in. ;)

23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I'm seriously dead.

I don't remember you being on the list yet... :confused:

24. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    I'm seriously dead.

Exams everywhere!

I'm right there with you.

25. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    I'm seriously dead.

Exams everywhere!

I'm right there with you.

I thought they were gone, but it turns out grading exams can be worse than taking them.

*gives another student a failing grade for utter incompetence* I'd quit if this job wasn't paying my tuition.

I need a drink. *snap. bottle of Johnny Walker Gold appears in one hand, glass in the other.* Excellent.

Exams are just evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.