main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada The George Lucas Bus Brigade

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Dec 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    The proverbial bus.
    It's waiting out there. Lurking amongst traffic. Hiding around the corner. Creeping through the carpark. Slowly but surely making its way to the ranch.

Whenever anyone embarks on a vast, epic length story - the true ending to which is privy only to themselves... the question in interviews that tends to crop up is, "But what happens if you get run over by a bus?"

This question is always sluffed off with a chuckle and a laugh and then they move on to more immediate affairs. But think about it for a moment. What if George was hit by the proverbial bus? What if he's crossing the street one day when KAPLOW a local bus knocks him off his feet? What if he's sitting in the ranch one day when SMASH a tour bus goes out of controll smashing through the wall and right into his office? What if he's strolling along in Australia one day, whistling a happy tune.... when BAM a greyhound comes tumbling out of the sky crushing him dead. Then how will the millions of fans ever get to see the conclusion of this great story he started?

Oh sure - someone would try to finish it... but if it ain't Lucas, than what's the point. It would only be a guess as to how the story ended - not the real ending.

And so we in Toronto have begun
    (cue the fanfare)
    THE GEORGE LUCAS BUS BRIGADE! (tm)

Yes, a group of loyal dedicated fans who are willing to take a bus for Lucas in order that the rest of fandom may see the conclusion of the Star Wars Saga. Should we ever find ourselves in the same city as Lucas, it is our job to watch out for the approach of the proverbial bus and to push Lucas out of the way in the nick of time.

At the moment, the effectiveness of the bus brigade is limited by the fact that its entire membership is situated in the GTA. This is why we're throwing the doors open to the rest of fandom. Because you know, just as well as I, that the closer to the end of the saga we get, the faster and more frequent the proverbial busses will become (at least, that's how the logic worked in Atari 2600 games - so it's gotta apply to real life, doesn't it?)

So join the Bus Brigade. Take a bus for the big G. Do your part for fandom!

2. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    While I live in Hamilton, at McMaster, you can be sure that if that proverbial HSR bus attempts to plow down poor ol' George, I'll be there to push him to safety!

Upon my return to Toronto, I will continue my part in the Toronto faction of The Geogre Lucas Bus Brigade (tm)

3. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I must say, I am disappointed with the lack of enthusiam you people are showing for throwing yourselves in front of the bus, to protect poor ol' Geogre.

I can picture all the boards flooded with messages about how sorry they are that he was hit by that bus, and say they wish they could have done something about it...

well, here's your chance to prevent such a tragic event from occuring!

Head to your nearest Geogre Lucas Bus Brigade site and sign up!!

4. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    There are those who subscribe to the EUisOK-theory, that is, that all items within the Star Wars universe are canon no matter the source. If that's the case, then the importance of Lucas is diminished. His only claim to fame is being the first to discuss Star Wars stuff (oh - and that fanangly little thing about owning all the trademarks). Adherents to such a theory would be happy with any new Star Wars material, whether it comes from Lucas or anyone else, so long as it subscribes to certain key aspects of said universe that they deem to be important. This is also known as Trekkie syndrome.

But those who subscribe to the BigG theory, believe that an item is only canon when it emits from Lucas himself. Till the Big G says something is so - it's not necessarily so. And that makes Lucas vital, cuz without him there is no new material.

The lack of response to the Bus Brigade could simply be that most members of the JC are adherents of the EUisOK.

5. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    Well, rudundant threads deserve redundant replys :p
    I'll join up, you may now consider Ottawa safe for GL to visit.

6. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    redundant? if ever there was a thread that wasn't redundant it would be this one!

But glad to hear we have another member!

You are doing Star Wars fans everyone and George Lucas himself, a great justice! You should be proud.

7. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Well....you -know- I'm a member. :)

Cris~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.