main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Geriatric Ward, Epsiode VI - Return of the Green Jello

Discussion in 'Community' started by GIMER, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    That would be nice to know.

Another bad thing about my stress test--the ultrasound tech used sandpaper on my skin before applying the electrodes! And some of that skin was in very sensitive places!

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
  3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    sand paper? ouch, didn't know they used sandpaper before, That seems to be out of place to be honest.

Hang in there Mauly, it will get better [:D]

4. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    sandpaper? why that? here they just apply this gel stuff on you.

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Same here, I don't understand the sand paper part. It's used to sand wood not human skin.

Imagine what it could do to skin. Not unless it was the version of a nail file but still, that seems a bit much.

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    *peeks in*

Hello guys.

7. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Good lord...did they explain why they needed to sand you down?

And late January, though depending on what my body is doing and such they might pull him out of the oven early if they feel the need. Hopefully that won't be an issue, but only time will tell.

8. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    It wasn't for the ultrasound, it was for the EKG electrodes and, yes, it hurt. She used gel for the actual ultrasound, but they needed the EKG for the treadmill part of the test.

Mauly,

Hope all goes well and they won't need to deliver the little one early!

9. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
  10. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I am working today with a person who always get hurts. Always in LD for etc things.
    :(
    Why why? So I am going to work for two.
    The new scheduling person is an idiot.
    Sorry about that.
    I am having a bad time thinking my Friday at work.
    I will see if I an survive today.

11. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
  12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    [:D] @ Pattty hang in there [:D]x 3

13. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Changing to AMs. Hopes. Thanks. :)

How everyone is doing?
    the 501 is coming to our city for a fantasy fair on October 20. That its going to be so cool.

14. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Wow, dead for a few days.

Other than in pain and still dealing with the situation of my aunt and uncle's death which is still being investigated(so we still don't know anything) I'm doing okay. How are you, Pattty?

15. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    DG,

Does the fire dept. suspect arson as the cause of the fire?

Hope your back is feeling better!

Well, my crazy roommate decided to give notice for both of us last Friday, so I have been looking for a new place to live. She works in Richmond now and the price of gas here is close to $5 a gallon, so really can't blame her, except that she gave notice without talking to me and we both signed the lease when we moved in.

16. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Since it's still under investigation, the bomb and arson squad(formerly the state's fire marshal's office) is not saying anything so we still don't know anything.

17. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    But they are investigating, right?

Back in the early '70's, my best friend from 7th grade's uncle was killed in a car bomb attack (then unheard of). Apparently, he was involved with mob loan sharks for a huge gambling debt.

18. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    As far as we know they are. We've talked to the sheriff a couple times and he said the TBI and bomb & arson squad are still investigating it and other fires down there.

That sucks.

19. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Well, I hope your relatives weren't involved in anything shady. But, sometimes things happen, like wrong addresses.

My friend's uncle's death was how I found out that the mob had a presence in SoCal.

20. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I doubt it. He was a just few months short of his 80th birthday and lived in the middle of nowhere on a farm and repaired lawn equipment for people in the area out of his home.

21. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    How sad! That's really, really awful, that they died in a fire like that. I'm actually speechless.

22. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Okay, so I found a new place to live, since my goofy roommate decided to give notice without telling me. I move on 11/3/12.

Roommate had gotten a job in Richmond, so with the spike in gas prices here, she decided she couldn't afford the apt. here anymore. She tends to make decisions without having all the data she needs to make a good one. The kicker to this is that after she gave notice, she found out that her company may be transferring her department to the office here and she would be commuting from Richmond to here after the first of next year.

23. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Congrats on finding a new place. It might be funny if she ends up having to drive back and forth. :p

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Opps should've waited before making any decisions. Wow.

He was 80 DG? That's awful, I hope you get news soon about how the first got started in the first place.

25. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Yeah, but that's what she does. And once she makes a decision, even if it is the wrong one, she sticks to it. She can't admit she's made a mistake.

Well, anyhow, if she does end up having to move back over to this side, I won't live with her again. It's too stressful.