JCC The Geriatric Ward, Epsiode VI - Return of the Green Jello

Discussion in 'Community' started by GIMER, Nov 7, 2008.

1. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of Old Movies and Saga

Manager
    star 8
    I've been having to use my inhaler every morning lately, sometimes twice a day. :( I don't even want to think about COPD.
  2. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    The cold air here (we have the Gulf Stream from the Arctic parked over us right now) is aggravating my COPD. I cough a lot, and the inhaler isn't helping!
  3. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
    It got into the mid to upper 50's here today and about 60 tomorrow then back into the 30's.
  4. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Same here. It's been 26 to 28 degrees F in the mornings all week. I have to catch the bus before it warms up.
  5. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
    Right now at nearly 6:30pm, we are at today's high temperature which is a balmy 18°F(-8°C).
  6. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Okay, I won't complain about how cold it is here. But, we don't have the clothing for it because it's usually a lot warmer! Today it's in the low 40's for the morning low, thank goodness! We are expecting rain today and tomorrow, which helps to mitigate the cold.

I wonder if the groundhog will see his shadow on 2/2/13.
  7. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    70s here most of this week, supposed to be near 80 tomorrow before cooling off. Would rather have some good soaking rain (stupid drought), but I'm not complaining about the nice weather. We've been able to take Donovan out a few times so far. Maulie and I were sick for a while right after Donovan was born, and if we didn't get him sick then he's not going to catch anything for a while :p

And it just feels so good to get out in the fresh air and and take him out for a stroll in his carriage.
  8. PatttyB0123 RSA Latin America

Manager
    star 6
    70s in CA. Our local weather is wrong. Shows rain, but not rain.
    I think the weather man fell zzz. The page still showing rain. Lol
  9. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    We got a little rain, and the overnight lows have been in the 40's, which is normal for this area this time of year.

Strife,

So you've brought Donovan home? How wonderful!! Bet you can't wait till he sleeps all night, tho.
  10. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Oh yes, he's been home for 10 days now, I think. It'll be 2 weeks come Sunday 5pm. :D

Maulfly and I are night owls, and I'm back to work, I get home at 12:30am and stay up until somewhere around 2-3am so he gets in a feeding with me before going to sleep. He's doing great, last weigh-in on Monday was 6 lbs on the nose, so an increase of 14.8 ounces since birth (nearly a full pound in 3 weeks)
  11. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Strife,

That's great!! My son weighed 8 lbs 12 oz at birth and at 6 weeks, he was sleeping all night or at least until 6 a.m. after going to sleep at 10 p.m. or so.

Now, he's 6 ft 4 and weighs around 190 lbs.

You should change your sig to say Dark Lord Donovan is not disappointed with his current accomodations. ;)
  12. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    He doesn't like the crib or the bassinet. Of course, that's mostly because he's not tired... :p

He's starting to have longer sleep periods, I noticed. He's eating more each feeding, but longer periods between them. He slept for a solid 6 hours last night.

RAIN! IT'S ACTUALLY RAINING! Finally. :D
  13. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
    It's raining here too. Was pouring earlier. Nearly everyone I've talked to says it's raining where they are.
  14. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    That must be why it's not raining here. :p

Newborns are a finicky lot. They are used to having a nice, soft squishy place to sleep, not the hard mattress of a bassinet or crib. They outgrow it sooner or later. Six hours of sleep is good at this age. Have you heard the 'oh, no, you woke the baby' refrain yet?
  15. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

I took Maulie's phone to work with me today instead of mine. Now I'm without Facebook and my Transformers:Legends app for 9 hours. O the humanity....
  16. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Can't Mauly stop by your work and exchange phones? Shouldn't you also post this in the "Complain about 1st world problems" thread?

On the other hand, it's only for 9 hours...
  17. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Doctor's orders, no driving for another month.
  18. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. I broke that rule myself after I had my daughter. Didn't hurt anything.

Just noticed his lordship arrived on New Year's Day!!! Double congrats for that!!!
    Last edited by Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi, Jan 31, 2013
  19. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    was contemplating calling off for tonight, Donovan got me up at 3:30am for his feeding and has been fussing and crying since then. Methinks he might have gotten daddy's acid reflux, either that or he's eating too much to fast, gets sick to his tummy, spits up, then hungry again, and it's just been a vicious cycle today. He'll get over it soon enough, but daddy needs sleep. As it was, I nearly overslept today because I didn't go to bed until almost 9am because of his extra fussiness today.
  20. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
    I hope that he feels better.
  21. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    They spit up because their little tummy muscles aren't very strong, and of course, they get hungry again really fast. Hope you get more sleep, and remember, this, too, shall pass.
  22. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Well, got my entertainment for the night; there is currently a raging fire at the apartment complex across the street from work. About 20 fire/emergency vehicles on site, more still on the way an hour after it started from three directions. Funny thing is, I drove past there on my lunch break literally 15 minutes before, and didn't see anything.
  23. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
  24. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
  25. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
    Damn, the video tape must have burned up.