main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Geriatric Ward, Epsiode VI - Return of the Green Jello

Discussion in 'Community' started by GIMER, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Speak for yourself. I'm just leveling up.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    You've maxed out. :p

Sarge and Adalia-Durron like this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm old on the outside, inside not so much!!

Sent from X Wing in Deep space.

Darth Gangrenous and Sarge like this.
  4. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    So much for your bones

Sarge likes this.
  5. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Pffft... Who's hiding? Or are you talking about yourself? I was wondering when you'd wheel your way on over! :p

My bones are perfectly fine, SuperWatto. Come closer to find out! [face_devil] *waves cane*

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wheel??!?!?!? No way!! If anything I'll straffin' this place in no time!!! LOL

Sarge likes this.
  7. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Not with that bit of grammar, you won't. :p

So how weird is it to have the babies all grown up? Now there's a crazy thought. How small everyone's offspring were when we all met!

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    WOW, I can't remember exactly but 15 years ago I think ..........and mine were 6 and 3.

Yes, I have a 21 year old and an 18 year old and the 21 year old is married to a former board member..........o_O

Can't even edit my bad grammar! Blooming bird got out and I've been chasing it!!

Daughter gave son a Kakarikki Kiwi parrot for Christmas, now we have three birds, three guinea pigs and two dogs.......and a teenage boy.

9. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Oh, didn't realize he was a board member? I was going to ask if it was anyone I had run across, but back then he wouldn't have even been old enough to use the boards! LOL! [face_laugh]

Don't forget the hubby, too! That's a nearly full house you got keeping you busy.

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Eh Hubby can take care of himself!

@Albaholly was his name back then, I met him when he was 19 and in University. Bit of a playboy from memory so when my daughter said she was going to England to meet him, alarm bells were going off big time.
    [​IMG]

11. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Oh wow, that had to be nerve wracking for you! Did you manage to avoid calling on fellow JC'ers who were in England to be ready to find him if he made your daughter cry?

But considering they got married, sounds like things went well in the end.

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Nope, @Sinrebirth was the first Call up, then @halibut, then @A-Wings_Rule got a message. I was all over it like flies on Poodoo!!! They all gave me their numbers for her to call if needed and as they were dotted over the country, I had it covered. Turned out Alba had cleaned up his act and was a complete gentleman! Kissed her hand even apparently! ;) Now he's our Son in Law............and he's good egg.
    [​IMG]

Maulfly likes this.
  13. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Aww... Look how thrilled you are in those pics! :D Yeah, when I first met @Grand Admiral Strife, I can think JS had offered to avenge me if things weren't as advertised. All was well and now we're trying to keep up with our own little offspring. :p

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Its nice to have another SW Fan around (other than my son!) You're boy is growing up so damn fast, enjoy this time, it's over so quickly!

I'm off to vacuum, iron and hang washing - then to the market to get fruit and bird seed! See, just a boring housewife now! :p [face_love] I will be back, I promise, but you can't keep me here, my spirit is too young for a retirement village!

Reminds me there is an advert on the Radio here "Do you remember 1977 when Star Wars was released? So do we and at our Retirement Village you will find like minded people" I was stunned when I heard it, I ain't freaking dead yet!!! Geez!!!

Maulfly and Sarge like this.
  15. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Oh good lord! Just because we remember 1977 (though it may be a blur) and rotary phones doesn't mean we're in the nursing home just yet!
    Metallica was playing in a grocery store lately. It was kind of unreal considering the gasket people back in the day would've blown if you tried that when I was in high school. :p

Wouldn't dream of keeping ya. ;) See you later!

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I see @Sarge is just lurking like a creepy old man and 'liking' things probably with a creepy smile! :p Come out of the shadows old man!!

Darth Gangrenous and Sarge like this.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Can't an old man take a nap without all this incessant nattering? Harumph.

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    No! Join us or you will die lonely and wrinkled!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Hmmm. I'll have to consider those options.

Maulfly likes this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I was suddenly tagged here and was more offended that I’d been geriatric’d. :p

But yes. Addie trusted me with her daughter! Mad woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Let’s see...1977. I was living in a condo complex, and there was a teenage girl who lived in the building, the older sister of a friend of mine, who drove a light blue Volkswagen Beetle which I thought was the coolest. I would get in the front seat of my mother’s Vista Cruiser station wagon with wood-paneled sides and pretend I knew how to drive.

The people who lived just under me had all the Star Wars toys. I mainly remember R2 and 3PO.

My favorite song was Dancing Queen by ABBA, but Take a Chance on Me was a pretty good song too. And Sesame Street (which was geared towards older kids then) and the Muppet Show were still good.

All that said, this place is the closest I plan to get to a nursing home, well...ever, if I can help it.

22. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    I know, tough choice! Sleep is quite nice...
    Heh, we could've been recruiting you to be a candy striper, you know! And aren't we all just a touch mad around here? ;) :p

Didn't it seem like almost everyone had one of these sorts of station wagons between the mid 70's and 80's? I remember loving to sit in the very back with the rear-facing seats in the trunk area. :p

Heh, right? Most nursing homes aren't a place you want to end up if you can avoid it. Had family members who were nurses that primarily worked in them and heard all sorts of stories growing up.

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    MY SON GOT OFFERED A PLACE AT UNIVERSITY!!! I HAVE TWO KIDS IN UNIVERSITY!!!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  24. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    So...let me get this straight, this is a thread where those of our generation RP being in a Retirement Home?

Maulfly and Adalia-Durron like this.
  25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Or a psychiatric ward, which ever takes your fancy on any given day. Welcome @Ananta Chetan - I was a member here 10 years ago, apparently 30 and under are too young for this place........but that was then.........now I think it should be 40 and under cause I've aged 10 years!!! :p

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018