main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI The 'Get To Know Each Other' Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Qonas, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    This was a thread that made the rounds in the old days, and I figure it's time for it to be back. :D I'll start it off, of course.

Name: Mike

Nickname: Mini-Me, The Midget, Pullout

DOB: 6/1/83

City Where You Live: I vacillate between Redford, Grand Blanc, and Milan/Ann Arbor.

Sign: Gemini

Other message boards you visit (and your username): Penny Arcade as Qonas, the-w.com as BoromirMark.

Hobbies: Reading, Star Wars/Trek, LotR, football, baseball, hockey, soccer, bowling, history, movies, video games.

Favorite Color: Maize and Blue!!

Favorite Animal/Pet: Cats and cockatiels.

Favorite Films (aside from the SW films of course): Batman Begins/The Dark Knight, Silence of the Lambs, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Glory, LotR (all 3), Spider-Man/2/3, Star Trek II & First Contact, all the Friday the 13ths/Nightmare on Elm Streets, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, They Live...you know, just too many to list. :p

Favorite Music: True rock-and-roll (Led Zeppelin, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Van Halen, Ted Nugent/Damn Yankees, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Guns'n'Roses, Judas Priest, Metallica, etc), classical/operas

Favorite Cartoon: Transformers, GI Joe, Clerks: the Animated Series.

Favorite Book: The Lord of the Rings books, innumerable historical texts.

Favorite TV Shows: Sportscenter, Battlestar Galactica, The Office, TNA Impact, anything on the History Channel.

Favorite Food: Anything Italian or German, steak.

What Do You Most Regret Doing/Not Doing? Being unable to stay a Marine because of the unluckiest of medical reasons.

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) who would you be and why? This is a tough one, I'd have to say Theodore Roosevelt. I admire his intelligence, energy, enthusiasm, and eloquence.

What's Your Current Job? Searching for one. :p

What's Your Dream Job? It would be President of the United States, but his powers are too bogged down by checks and balances and I can just see myself having the same popularity issues as W. So Marine Corps Commandant or tenured historical professor, heh.

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? If so, who and why? I'm not really close to anybody, but I'd have to say my dad and brother are the closest.

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? Another tough call. It'd be interesting to visit Coruscant and see a city-planet but I think I'm gonna go with Csilla because of my Thrawn fandom.

What three things do you want to achieve before you die? I want a family of my own, I want to be a published author, and I want to somehow get into space just once.

2. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Ahahahahahaha.......Pull-out!

Name: Steve

Nickname: Chump

DOB: 9/29/22

City Where You Live: Warren.

Sign: the middle finger

Other message boards you visit (and your username): None.

Hobbies: Skirt chasing, Reading, Star Wars, Football, Baseball, Hockey, Movies, Video games.

Favorite Color: Clear

Favorite Animal/Pet: My kids.

Favorite Films (aside from the SW films of course): Godfather I & II, LotR (all 3), Unforgiven, Braveheart....

Favorite Music: Anything that doesn't suck

Favorite Cartoon: Captain Caveman.

Favorite Book: The Lord of the Rings, A confederacy of Dunces.

Favorite TV Shows: Sportscenter, Battlestar Galactica, Ghost hunters, Dexter, Reaper.

Favorite Food: Meat.

What Do You Most Regret Doing/Not Doing? Not using a prophylactic! (Just kidding)

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) who would you be and why? God.

What's Your Current Job? Super sleuth.

What's Your Dream Job? Video game tester.

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? My kids.

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? Hoth, I like to ski.

What three things do you want to achieve before you die? Immortality, Make out with Jessica Alba and Hit a lotto.

3. mercsailor

mercsailor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Name: Diana

Nickname: Di/D

DOB: 3/3

City Where You Live: South Bend/Mishawaka, IN, but I'm a Detroiter at heart (grew up in St. Clair Shores, went to college in Ypsilanti

Sign: Pisces

Other message boards you visit (and your username): If you see mercsailor, it's totally me.

Hobbies: Collecting comic books, reading, ridiculous video games

Favorite Color: Not sure

Favorite Animal/Pet: a kitty

Favorite Films (aside from the SW films of course): Iron Man! Sliding Doors, Princess Bride, Shaun of the Dead. I go to more movies than any person should.

Favorite Music: a lot of electronic synthpop stuff.. and Coldplay, Rilo Kiley, Feist.

Favorite Cartoon: Animaniacs.. Family Guy, Futurama

Favorite Book: LotR, Foundation, Hitchhiker's Trilogy

Favorite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Who, Stargate, Project Runway, Heroes, Buffy/Angel, Firefly.

Favorite Food: Anything cooked by my mom. And Cheese

What Do You Most Regret Doing/Not Doing? Dropping out of college

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) who would you be and why? I don't know that I'd want to be anyone else..

What's Your Current Job? Barista and Hairstylist. College Student, also.

What's Your Dream Job? Being a coffee buyer for Starbucks.. Or working in Education for Aveda.

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? If so, who and why? My sister.. we're into the same things, and now that we don't live together, we don't annoy each other as much.

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? I think Coruscant

What three things do you want to achieve before you die? Have a family, have no debt, and see every continent

4. MSWCC

MSWCC Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2008
    Name: Rob

Nickname: don't really have any

DOB: 2/19

City Where You Live: Shelby Township (close to Utica)

Sign: ?

Website: http://www.mswcc.com I'll only push this one since it's Star Wars related, there is also a Star Wars myspace page, my own facebook page, and several other web sites I touch in one way or another from design/programming standpoint.

Other message boards you visit (and your username): RebelScum, Star Wars (MI is dead there too), Great Lakes Garrison (501st). All with same name as here MSWCC

Hobbies: Star Wars (collecting, reading books, watching movies, etc) Hockey (Red Wings Rule!), Spending time with the kids.

Favorite Color: Red

Favorite Animal/Pet: We have cats and my wife would say I tolerate them.

Favorite Films (aside from the SW films of course): Indiana Jones, Gone in 60 Seconds, Chronicals of Narnia, Pixar films.

Favorite Music: Christian Rock (Thousand Foot Krutch, Red, Reliant K, DC Talk, Family Force 5, Hawk Nelson) Christian Rap (Toby Mac, T-Bone, Grits, KJ-52, Pigeon John), Country

Favorite Cartoon: Veggie Tales, Battle of the planets, Hall of Justice/Justice League

Favorite Book: Star Wars Books (love the Commando ones most), Ted Dekkar (Three, Black, Red, etc)

Favorite TV Shows: Mole, Lost, Heros, Wipeout, House, Runs House,

Favorite Food: I'm a very picky eater but i love pepperoni pizza or steak, always with a PEPSI.

What Do You Most Regret Doing/Not Doing? dont have any that i can think of at the moment.

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) who would you be and why? TobyMac (maybe its just because I'm listening to him now) he is paid to do what he loves (that is awesome) he is a positive influence and strong christian.

What's Your Current Job? Digital Designer/Art Director

What's Your Dream Job? I love what I do, if I could do it with less time restrictions or budget limits it would be even better. I would think any job with Star Wars or Red Wings would be killer (I'm sure people could find sucky ones though.)

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? If so, who and why? My wife and kids, not close to anyone else. We want to be a close family now so that when the kids get older they want to stay around and still be in our lives with thier kids and so on...

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? Naboo, it would be cool to see the beauty of the land. Coruscant would be cool too, from upper levels.

What three things do you want to achieve before you die? I've only ever had one obvious goal in live, I don't tent to set many of them for myself. I guess one thing would be to see great grand children and have a very fun, close family. See my children choose to become christians would be one of the biggest. For fun, I would like to get Republic Commando Armor and troop with the 501st.

Well, that's me, as best as these questions can get anyway. Hope you enjoyed.

5. CTATigger

CTATigger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Name: Christine

Nickname: Nothing I can mention here

DOB: 10/29/a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

City Where You Live: Warren
    Sign: Scorpio

Other message boards you visit (and your username): Usually chrisrhood
    Hobbies: Reading, Star Wars, Robin of Sherwood, Harry Potter, Renaissance Festivals, LotR, scrapbooking, drawing, classic car cruising, riding steam trains, playing Thomas the Tank Engine and Jedi knight with my son:)
    Favorite Color: Purple, hunter green.
    Favorite Animal/Pet: Dogs--especially Pembroke Welsh Corgis

Favorite Films (aside from the SW films of course): Indiana Jones, LoTR, Harry Potter, Princess Bride, Ladyhawke, Labyrinth, Wuthering Heights, Casablanca, Hello Dolly, Sound of Music, You've Got Mail, While You Were Sleeping, etc.

Favorite Music: Celtic--Clannad, Enya, Loreena McKennitt, Dougie MacLean, Rock--Journey, Pat Benatar, Queen, ELO, 80s Pop

Favorite Cartoon: Cowboy Bebop

Favorite Book: Harry Potter Books, The Lord of the Rings books, Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre,

Favorite TV Shows: Of the Past: Robin of Sherwood, Babylon 5, Star Trek Currently: Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy

Favorite Food: Pizza.

What Do You Most Regret Doing/Not Doing? Wish I would have continued my education and gotten a bachelor's degree.

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) who would you be and why? I will have to think more about this one!

What's Your Current Job? Sign language interpreter for a video relay service.

What's Your Dream Job? Children's Book Author and Illustrator.

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? If so, who and why? My husband and my son, of course. My Mom--hey, she took me to all the Star Wars movies and taught me to read before I started school--kudos to Mom!.

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? I guess I would want to go to wherever the Jedi were doing their thing:)

What three things do you want to achieve before you die? I would like to have a sibling for Scotty, I would like to write a book and have it published, I would like to take a vacation to Ireland with my family:)

6. Neutron_Force_45

Neutron_Force_45 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2004
    Name: Suzanne

Nickname: Sweetie

DOB: 3/19/59

City Where You Live: Livonia

Sign: pisces

Other message boards you visit (and your username): neutron40

Hobbies: Flirting, Star Wars, Ebay selling, Acting, Hockey(looking forward to going to the games), Movies, Shopping.

Favorite Color: Teal

Favorite Animal/Pet: Males(human)

Favorite Films (aside from the SW films of course): Star Gate

Favorite Music: Anything but rap

Favorite Cartoon: none

Favorite Book: The Chosen

Favorite TV Shows: Reaper

Favorite Food: Pasta

What Do You Most Regret Doing? Getting Married

If you could be anyone (alive or dead or fictional) who would you be and why? God

What's Your Current Job? Super Kisser

What's Your Dream Job? Broadway

Do you have anyone in your family, who you're really close to? My kids

If you could live in the Star Wars galaxy for a day, what planet would you go to and why? Coruscant

What three things do you want to achieve before you die? Immortality, Make out with Bruce Willis and Hit the lotto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.