main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark The get to know you thread.... Back from the dead...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, Since I messed up somehow and posted this wrong yesterday...This is to get to know each other since we haven't switched to the other boards, and since we have some new people.

This is where you can tell us what your interested in (collecting, costuming, whatever)
    Where you're from.

Whatever you like.

(Remember these are public boards, so post accordingly)

Thanks

Bacon

2. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    I'm not sure I can follow those instructions, they are a bit over my head. HaHaHa

3. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    you beat me to it shadow

4. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    You know I don't get along with computers....Hee Hee Hee
    I'll lock this after while.

Sorry

Bacon

5. Astiateu

Astiateu Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2006
    Info, like random info? Like, there is no future tense in the English language kinda random info that makes your head hurt?

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Instead of locking, I decided to change the thread to this:

So, I'll start.

I am Bacon.
    I live outside of Conway, but currently I spend most of my time "crashing" at other members
    houses...)Long long story.....

I like costuming. I'm just learning how to sew and I really like it. (So far) I've made a couple of Jedi costumes and a "Winter Padme" from Clone wars.

I really want to make an "Endor Leia" costume...so I can shoot our president (Just for fun....)

I have a special place in my heart for the freinds I have made from the "Line Party" and this is the greatest bunch of Star Wars fans you could ever get to know and call your friends.

My favorite Star Wars character is Obi-Wan.

I have 6 dogs, a Parrot, 2 ferrets, and more cats than I care to count. The strays bring their friends over to eat. (I guess they figure the more the merrier....)

I am currently the secretary/treasurer for our little group...

I am too educated for my own good and I'm still in college (where I've been off and on for the past 14 years) I am currently working on a phD in History.

I am a sales rep for Este' Lauder.

Thats about it.

Next....

Bacon

7. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Ok wait a minute Endor Liea never shot a Stormtrooper did she they where all Scout on Endor right? And you can shoot her if you like. HAHAH
    PS Love ya Dear

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Doesn't she shoot a Stormtrooper when Han is trying to hotwire the door after she got shot?

I really just need an excuse to shoot you....All in fun, of course....

You know I love you too....

9. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    Hey He better have been talking to me.

10. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    Im Jason im orginally from St. Louis lived in arkansas for most of my life, i like Star wars, computer gaming and destroying the rebels and carrying out order 66 over and over and over again WUHAHAHAHAHAHA im the epitome of all evil everyone comes to me for evil plots against others

my favorite character is Exar Kun, one of the greastest sith lords of all times, took 1000's of jedis to try and take him down and most of those jedi's lost their live and they STILL didn't kill Kun only in psyhical form :)

Don't underestimate the power of the Sith :)

11. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    Korvyn here, AKA Nick. I was born in arkansas spent a few years in California. was raised in the Mount Ida area. Other than star wars i love to Golf hopefully i will one day get to combine the 2. I Write fan fic and make leet graphics for the EHDB competitions and play star wars games with them among other things. I went to college but hated the way things were done. I love history and well soon be a daddy. thats about me in a nutshell.

12. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    This was way back on the third page...So, since we have some newbies...Thought I'd bump it up so they can post on it and see the old posts.

This way we can all know each other better and play well with others...

Bacon
    [face_pig]

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    This lil thread didn't see much action I guess... Thanks for reviving it, Bacon! I'll be a Wookiee's furry uncle that I'd missed it [face_laugh]

My login is Kynstar (SW name Kynstar Lanster)

I was born in AR but raised in GA and OK. Presently live in Jacksonville, near the AFB (Air Force Base).

My hobbies consist of reading, writing (fanfic), hiking, camping, fishing, (bow) hunting, horseback riding, gardening, cooking, going to movies. Animals are my fave thing as well. (besides Star Wars of course! And I do like Star Trek, so for those who believe it isn't possible to like both...unfortunately it is [face_laugh]). I collect a lot of dragon and wolf items; a stuff animal nut 8-} which I can't help myself sometimes. [face_laugh]

A lot of folks I met here during the 'line party', but a few I met prior. It has been a blast being a member of the AGR (and now 327th and GAR). I look forward to meeting folks who are members of these organizations that I haven't met as of yet. Always great to put a face to a name!

My favorite SW characters (yes...I can not juz say one for it wouldn't be fair to the other characters that I like hehehe) are: 1) Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus (as if some of you couldn't guess that? :eek:) 2) Qui-Gon Jinn 3) Obi-Wan Kenobi (mainly Ep II but I also liked Sir Alec's Obi too :D ) 4) Palpatine (like who couldn't like the genius behind the whole thing?? [face_devil]) 5) Quinlain Vos (why? Because I've followed his journeys thru out the Darkhorse comic 'Republic' series and I gotta say it rocked!!! He was mentioned in Ep III - which juz blew me away! [face_love] ) As for the OT characters: 1)Yoda (loved him more in the OT than PT ones. Also loved Obi-Wan which I mentioned earlier and as well as Palpy) 2) Han Solo 3) Lando Calrissian Luke was ok as well as Leia, but they weren't my faves. I had a crush on Mark Hamill when I was a kid...but that was as far as that went. [face_laugh]

As for pets...I have had to put down w/in the last couple years 2 dogs (cancer). Loved my babies... but surviving animals: 2 ferrets and 3 cats (which 2 are staying with my ex cuz my kid loves them and he wants to stay with daddy right now).

As for education...I am (well when I get the nerve to get back to doing courses again [face_laugh]) working on a Wildlife Management degree. Was in the US Air Force for 8 years (1992-2000) until I got medically discharged (unwillingly that is). Though I'm working for the US Air Force again, juz on the civilian side of the house. Doing almost what I did when I was active duty - ironically.

I've enjoyed Star Wars from the time I saw Ep IV back in '77. Though I was only 4 I vaguely remember scenes and the crowd's reaction towards the movie. Saw each and every one of the episodes in the theater afterward.

I love to game (RPGs) from White Wolf, D&D, Battletech/Mech Warrior, Star Wars, Rifts, Gurps, and a few others I can't recall off hand.

I love painting and have a bit of a collection of figures (mainly D&D ones).

Member of the local Amtgard (LARP like - live action role playing with a twist - padded swords and armor) and meet juz about every Sunday at the park in Jacksonville.

14. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    alright. here goes nothing.
    my societal name is lisa. its really melisa but nobody can handle the one s thing. my grandmother named me and for years i thought the woman misspelled my name. we didnt get along too well. i was born in MS, moved to TX in the 6th grade, and moved to AR in 94. i have been married for 18 years and have three kids, josh-15, madelyn-12, and sam-9. we live outside of malvern and have a veritable animal graveyard on our land. we get all sorts of animals that others dump and we take care of them. right now we have two dogs and a cat.
    i have taught for 17 years from coaching to reading to english 9, pre-ap english, oral comm, and now i advise the yearbook. i am also big in beta club in the high schools. i just earned my mla in english from henderson and hopefully one day get to earn my doctorate. you can never have too much learning.

i have loved star wars since dec 76 when i found this book in waldenbooks. my gang and i were in 5th grade and were the first ones in line at the mall theater when the movie opened. we sat middle in the first row and were mesmerized. i have loved luke since then. i had convinced myself during those first years that i was destined to be found by luke so i could help fight the empire. i had skills. i also regularly beat up the neighborhood boys whenever they made fun of the underdog. my fav eu character is nomi sunrider. she just rocks.

besides star wars, i love to read, cook, sew, paint, actually anything that can be crafted by hand i can probably do. comes from both sides of the family. i love sports as well, i used to coach and still play when i can. i also love dc comics and have been swiping milk money to pay for that habit since i was 7. wonder woman is my idol. i believe that the rest of my time is taken up watching my three kids express and be whatever it is they want to be.

15. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005

Deleted by user

16. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Hey, been meaning to put a good entry in this thread for a while, so here's an updated version of my entry from Memphis 2 years ago...

How long have you been a SW fan?
    All my life, but it didn't really become a lifestyle until Ep1.

Describe your first SW movie experience: Which movie? When? Where? etc.
    I don't know how old I was and I don't even know if it was me or if it was my brother (I remember it as being him), but the first time we saw Star Wars in the theater, back in one of the re-releases--when Vader steps onto the Tantive IV, my little brother jumps up and yells at the top of his lungs, "That's Darth Vader!"

Which is your favorite SW movie?
    ESB

Favorite character?
    Jedi in general. Obi-Wan, Aayla Secura, Mace Windu...
    Bossk--he was one of my favorite figures when I was a kid
    R2--Astromechs are sooooo cool.
    TROOPERS!!!
    TIE Pilot
    AT-AT driver--another one of my favorites as a kid.

Other SW interests? (collecting, gaming, costuming, fan fiction, books/comics/EU, etc.)
    Forever working on a very amateur Jedi Costume
    I collect 3.75" action figures and accessories, but fight completism--Have focuses on Bossk, TIE pilots, AT-AT drivers, R2 and astromechs, and Jedi in general and TROOPERS!!!
    I like to read the comics.
    Star Wars Mini Games--I have a friend who started www.starwarsminigames.com
    --he's also the owner/operator of
    yodasnews.com
    and
    voldemortsvault.com
    I want to focus more on higher end stuff--I have been filling out my GG Bust-ups collection and MR .45 scale saber hilts. I want more of this kinda stuff, but most of it is still too expensive for me, and I can't stop buying the basic figures.

About you:

What other interests/hobbies do you have outside of SW?
    Art, Music, Camping, Reading, Soccer.

Favorite TV show(s)?
    Currently? Lost and BSG

Favorite movie(s)?
    SW in order: ESB, ANH, AOTC, ROTJ, TPM
    Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, 16 Candles, Better Off Dead, Say Anything, Ferris Beuller's Day Off, LOTR, Harry Potter, Cinema Paradiso...

Favorite book or author?
    SW: Traitor by Matt Stover
    Non-SW: LOTR and Harry Potter: The Prisoner of Azkaban
    Non-Sci-Fi/Fantasy: 3/4 of the books by Dan Brown

Favorite song or artist?
    U2
    Lately I have been diggin' a lot of emo bands
    recently I got into Disturbed, esp. their cover of Genesis' Land of Confusion!

Favorite quote?
    Star Wars - "You must do what you feel is right, of course."
    Non SW Movie - "I go now to my fathers, in whose presence I am now worthy to dwell." - Theoden, ROTK
    Non movie -"Art is a lie that makes you realize the truth" - Pablo Ruiz Picasso

Favorite holiday?
    May the Fourth be with you!

Optional:

First name?
    Jacob

Age?

Where do you live in Arkansas?
    West Little Rock

Profession or college major?
    Sculptor (day job: hinge maker)

Married?
    Yes

Kids?
    Boys, 5, 3 & one on the way

Did I forget to edit anything?

17. Astiateu

Astiateu Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2006
    Ok... I'll go next I guess.

Given name: Sara
    SW "Handle" Asti
    Chosen name I write under: deSaevio

Married - no kids unless I count my hubby. (I always say, "I asked God over and over for a child... all I wanted was a child. I suppose I should have been more specific:) I wouldn't trade him for the world tho.

I have three cats. Well, not exactly. Jason has a kitten we named Kharada, after an SWG EU character I created in my writing and on SWG. I have one cat named Dodi, who is a fat orange tabby with "issues". I also have what is called in some circles as a "Familiar" name Kiefer, who is a black/beige tabby.

I'm a writer who has lost touch with her muse for at least four years now, but I'm starting to get back into it. If only I could get that first damn novel written and sold, ya know? I also paint, draw, dream, sing, and used to cantor for my church.

I was raised in San Bernardino and Riverside, in Southern California. I moved to Wichita KS almost three years ago and NW AR about two years ago.

I met my husband, Inv, in Starwars Galaxies. I was spying on his guild :) (I was a rebel then, before I decided the dark side cookies were better).

Favorite SW movie is probably episode 3, probably only because you get to see the sexy Hayden with no shirt on. (Yeah, I'm that shallow at times). But I tell people it's because I read the book first, and the store comes together brilliantly, and I just love it.

Favorite characters:
    Anakin, because he's moody and dark... and then my characters in my fan fiction - Asti, followed by the lovable psycho Twilek Kharada. Then, Waddo because he's funky lookin and has a Buddha belly, and finally, R2D2 because he's got all the attitude I wish I had.

I spent a year at FIDM studying costume and fashion design, and a year in the SCA just to create costumes, and so I guess that's why when Inv got into costuming for SW, I jumped on it! I am facinated by the recreation of other people's work I suppose.

My sister-friend nick named me "Cheese" because I'm so cheesy... I spent a year in discernment before I had an epiphany that that was BS, I like to eat the crust of pizza first to save the cheesy goodness for last, I think labels are for cans, not for people, and I'm politically ambidexterous. (SP?) Oh, and I can't spell. I taught the third grade for three years, which was interesting, and currently work for WalMart's home office as a paper jockey. (Well, I supervise paper jockeys now). I really really like tater-tots.

And, I think that's it.

18. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Nice to meet you.

19. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Bump for people who haven't fully introduced themselves...

20. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    *pokes her head in*

Hi Hi! I'm JediBettyBug18, real name Marybeth but please call me Anni :) I can't tell you where I live (mom's rules) but I do live in a small farm town outside of Pine Bluff.

I am balancing several writings, including a novel currently titled WIP. :p I have a black cat, Cleo de Chloe, and a cute grey taby (i dunno her breed, seriously) kitten named Durroness Jaina Natalie.

Hate my step mom, who lives in WY with my dad. She's so evil.

I like costuming. . . if I could ever finish a costume I'd be so happy. :D I am half black & half white and proud of it. My dad has blonde hair and I sorta got some gold in my hair, all natural btw.

Had a kitten in 2004 named Noraboo, who was killed by my neighbor Nov. 3, 2004. RIP Nora @};-

Feel free to PM me :)

@};- God Bless

21. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Well then as Pres. of this fine group I would like to be the first to say welcome to the family. You are talking of finishing a costume wich have you started? You say moms rules on where you live is this because you are less than 18 not a huge problem for the group just wanted to now for future refrence on meetings and events. Again welcome
    TK/TX9468

22. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Welcome.

We have several members working on costumes:

Leia, Padme, Jedi, Sand People and Imperial Guard to name a few...

Just to clarify on Nyborg's comment: If you are under 18, you are welcome at any event...you just need a parent or guardian present.

Bacon[face_pig]

23. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Okay, I'm 13 and thanks y'all! [:D]

@};- God Bless

24. Enderan

Enderan Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    Hello, I'm Joseph (bka Enderan). I've just only recently gotten envolved with the community here and am actually liking it a lot.

I've loved Star Wars since I was a little kid am steeped in the ways of the Jedi and their teachings, including the 7 forms of lightsaber technique.

I'm 31

Jacob and I went to highschool together.

I am eager to gain another padawan since my former Padawan is up for mastership herself (my wife) and is becoming quite proficient in Soresu (Form III) lightsaber combat.

I have 3 children, 7, 5 and 2 (almost 3).

That's me in a nut shell! So if you're interested in getting some training in Lightsaber combat or discussing the phylosophy of the Jedi then give me a hit. DissidentKnights.com or at jwmwestbrook@comcast.net.

May the force be with you, or (if you're sith) may the force serve you well.

25. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I hate these things but figure in my position its only fair so here goes:::::::
    If you know me which most of you do I am the Star Wars geek. I may not have alot of high end stuff but alot of stuff I have. If you dont know me YOU WILL, OH YOU WILL. After all I am the pres. and have to be there most the time but thats ok I live and breath Star Wars. Well back to the BlackHole armor ill never get it done intime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.