Chatt, TN The "Get To Know You" thread

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by SarkaVrae, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    OK guys, to make this is simple as possible, let's do a little bio info here so that newbies can see who the "regulars" are, and so we can all know more about each other. Newbies should also post their info here so we can get to know them. :)

That being said, let's try to follow a similar format:

Name:
    ScreenName:
    Please explain your ScreenName: i.e. "where did you think that up?"
    Title (if you have one with our FanForce chapter):
    Marital Status/Family Info:
    Line of Business: i.e. "what do you do?"
    Hobbies/Interests:
    Favorite SW Movie
    Favorite SW Character
    Favorite Food:

Add whatever else you like. Once we get the basics down, I think it'd be nice to have a different question each week that we all answer. My suggestion for this week would be: "What's the best meal you ever had? Where was it, and why was it the best?"

2. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    Name: Jody
    ScreenName: SarkaVrae
    Please explain your ScreenName: The name is actually Sarka Vrae Lanore'. It's a name from an RPG I played. I liked it, and knew it was original, so I used it. :)
    Title: PR Officer aka Queen of Silliness hehe...
    Marital Status/Family Info: Married, one crazy 3 year old
    Line of Business: I'm a manager in the banking industry
    Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, Movies!, paintball, video games, travelling
    Favorite SW Movie: ESB
    Favorite SW Character: Obi Wan Kenobi
    Favorite Food: Steak

"What's the best meal you ever had? Where was it, and why was it the best?"
    You know, that's a silly question, isn't it? I guess I should have asked "what's the best restaurant in Chattanooga?" or something else more relevant. Oh well. :) Best meal: NY Strip at J. Alexanders--just really nice, relaxing, and well done. They even entertained my kid! lol
  3. JediJones420 Jedi Padawan

Name : Jonesy

Screenname : jedijones420

Where did I think this up? : well kinda proud to be Jones, the jedi part i guess is standard issue for theforce.net, and 420.....I'll let ya'll figure that one out

Marital status : very Han "Soloish" indeed

Line of business : I sale catholic school girl outfits :p

Hobbies/Interests : love reading SW books, playing video games, paintball, bowling, etc.

Favorite SW movie : Empire Strikes Back

SW character: Palpatine

Food : chicken 'n dumplins

4. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Name:Jeff
    ScreenName: Vesper2112
    Please explain your ScreenName: It's funny, the name "Vesper" also came from an RPG I used to play. I was a cleric and I literally picked a name from the dictionary and the name fit really well. It was pretty unique, so I use that name for pretty much everything internet related. The "2112" part comes from an album from my favorite band, Rush.
    Title: Treasurer
    Marital Status/Family Info: Married, 2 kids, 1 step-kid, 2 cats
    Line of Business: Production Planner at a rope company
    Hobbies/Interests: Movies, video games, reading, music (man, I sound like a couch potato)
    Favorite SW Movie: ANH
    Favorite SW Character: Qui-Gon
    Favorite Food: Pizza

"What's the best meal you ever had? Where was it, and why was it the best?"

Well, this goes back a ways, but there's this place up where I used to live (Chicago) called Sanfrantello's. They had this great pizza that was just so unique that I've never run across since. There wasn't any strange ingredients on it, but it just had this flavor about it that's different than everything else. Of course, I won't be turning down any pizza from anywhere else (except California Pizza Kitchen... you won't find me going near that place).
  5. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Name: Lauren
    ScreenName: Layren
    Please explain your ScreenName: i.e. "where did you think that up?" Lay'ren was actually a character I created for Fanfiction but I haven't used yet. She was supposed to be Qui-Gon's first apprentice since nobody knows who that really was :p I decided to take the coveted role for myself ;)
    Title: Chapter Rep/President
    Marital Status/Family Info: Married with no kids yet
    Line of Business:Temporary employee.
    Hobbies/Interests: Star wars of course ;) reading, writing fanfiction, I'm not much of a gamer but I did get a really old nintendo system off ebay today :D SO I can play the old games I know hwo to play. If you guys have any games like that that you don't need anymore please give em to me ;) Or Let me borrow lol
    Favorite SW Movie Empire Strikes Back
    Favorite SW Character Qui-Gon Jinn
    Favorite Food: Tough choice. I love pizza but I also love a big juicy steak ;)

Best Meal I ever had? Oooh that's a tough one. Everything I ever had at this place called Tony Roma's that was in Montgomery. They had THE BEST food at reasonable prices....pity they closed all the ones I know of down. There's still one in Arkansas though so maybe I'll get some at Christmastime ;)
  6. drthmrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Name:Mearl
    ScreenName:drthmrl
    Please explain your ScreenName: i.e. "where did you think that up?" all i did was to take my favorite sith sir name, and my true name, and removed the volewls. thus darth mearl, became drthmrl.
    Title (if you have one with our FanForce chapter):drthmrl(nominated for P.R. officer/ Sargeant at arms this year)
    Marital Status/Family Info:single/ no family
    Line of Business: i.e. "what do you do?" assitant general manager for captain d's in Dalton
    Hobbies/Interests: D'uH!! starwars! oh, and movies and golf. and pretty much anything outdoors.
    Favorite SW Movie- Empire strikes back
    Favorite SW Character Vader
    Favorite Food- Ewok Stew. first kill a ewok, make a broth, add veggies, add ewok and slow stew for 6 hours on low heat. serve with rebel crackers and bread. good eating!
    then take the skin from the ewok and make aq throw rug. i like to call that multi-tasking-recycling! hehehe
  7. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    Name:
    Todd
    Screen:
    Mr. Nightmarez Why:
    I started a Haunted House (1997) called NIGHTMAREZ and I just began being called Mr. N or Mr Nightmarez... Simple as that!

Married 12 Awesome years - 2 kids
    Work: Little as possible - Operations Manager/Sales Manager of a HVAC/Controls Company

Hobbies/Interests: Haunted Houses, Rollercoasters, Scary Stuff, Star Wars, Costuming, PC/PS2 Gaming

Fav Star Wars Movie and Fav Character(s):
    Tough to say - But I'll go ESB or RoS
    Character - Jar Jar HAHA J/K
    Actually I like R2 and Jango/Boba Fett

What am I missing? Food?
    Cinnastix from Dominos - or Turkey and Dressing (Mom makes)
  8. obivolkenobi Jedi Knight

Name: Matt
    ScreenName: Obivolkenobi
    Please explain your ScreenName: Obi-Wan is my favorite character and I'm a huge Tennessee Vols football fan, so I combined them.
    Marital Status/Family Info: Married
    Line of Business: Copy editor at a newspaper
    Hobbies/Interests: Besides Star Wars: kung fu movies, reading fantasy and sci-fi novels, watching football and soccer.
    Favorite SW Movie: A New Hope
    Favorite SW Character: Obi-Wan Kenobi. (Although I prefer the original, old-school ANH version of the character.)
    Favorite Food: Chicken and potatoes.
  9. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Also, don't forget to head over to www.chattooine.com and check out the forums there. Beside that, please send darthjess your bio and a pic for the website.
  10. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    ooh! ooh! i wanna do one! i know, i'm late, but i'm still filling it out! ppbth!

name: natalie
    screenname: um... look left.
    please explain your screenname: rhaygan sha is a character i created for a star wars story i was playing with for awhile. unfortunately the e-mail didn't work and i never received a password for the username rhaygan_sha so i had to resort to jedi_sha.
    title (if you have one with our FanForce chapter): nada

this is gonna take two different replies.
    marital status: bitter (single)
    family info: we were "the fricking brady bunch" according to my first roommate. in april '03, however, my brother was killed in a car accident. just to let you know yes it's still sensitive, i'm still likely to burst into tears randomly but i don't mind being asked about it or talking about it. actually i love talking about my brother...
    line of business: student
    hobbies/interests: aside from the obvious(star wars, internet junkie)... writing, reading, trigun, aikido, drawing, trigun, video games, trigun
    favorite sw movie: empire strikes back
    favorite sw character: prequels - obi wan, original - luke, books - tie b/w wes janson and mara jade
    favorite food: it's hard to decide, i love food too much. chocolate, bacon, ham, granny smith apples, oriental... sadly i just discovered i'm gluten intolerant so i can't have a lot of my favorites (cake, cookies, doughnuts... OH THE INHUMANITY!!!)

what's the best meal you ever had? where was it, and why was it the best?
    i went away to college the first time last semester. now the cafeteria at asbury is decent, but let's face it, kentucky can't pull off "southern style" food. and big cafeterias can't pull off most meals period. so i finally went home for spring break after about 3 months away and my mom fixed my favorite foods for supper when i finally came home. now it's nice enough to get your favorites, but when it's been 3 months since i had my mom's cooking it's heavenly.

i talk to much and overanalyze things. sorry for the wordy replies.

edit: my computer is evil. EVIL!
  11. Dallas_Valla Jedi Knight

star 3
    Name: Evelyn
    ScreenName: Dallas Valla
    Please explain your ScreenName: Me and one of my best friends were talking on a Saturday night during my senior year of high school. We were staying up late and eating candy and drinking soda pop (dangerous combination...). Talent show was coming up and we decided to do a spoof skit on Star Wars. After brainstorming (and two Milky Ways) later, we decided to spoof Luke and Vader's battle in ESB. Her name was spun off of Luke Skywalker and mine off of Darth Vader. Even though it's base is one of such evil I liked the name.
    Marital Status/Family Info: Single (just broke up with my boyfriend a short time ago)
    Line of Business: You mean besides being silly? I am a college student studying Film Production, Fine Arts and English.
    Hobbies/Interests: Star Wars, costuming, drawing, playing games, roller blading (haven't done it in awhile), crocheting and knitting, writing, did I mention Star Wars?
    Favorite SW Movie: Empire Strikes Back!
    Favorite SW Character: Hmm...Padme, Mara Jade, and Lowbacca
    Favorite Food: GUMMI BEARS...oh wait...that's not a food. Buffalo wings.

12. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    OK--new question for this "week" (and no commentary from the peanut gallery about how i judge a week, m'kay?):

what's your favorite color & why?
  13. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    How about color combo? I really like Red/Black mainly because growing up I was a follower of the Chicago Bulls and that's what their colors were. Plus I ended up accumulating a lot of Bulls shirts over the years (which most of them have finally been retired).
  14. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    green! like my birthstone, the emerald.

sadly i can't wear green, so black becomes my favorite color when it comes to clothes. my firs roommate actually banned me from buying more black clothing my freshman year.
  15. Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Name: Allie Fox ;)

ScreenName: AllieFox

Please explain your ScreenName: Allie Fox is the main character from my favorite book, "The Mosquito Coast." It was made into a lackluster film starring Harrison Ford as Allie Fox.

Title (if you have one with our FanForce chapter): Friend :D

Marital Status/Family Info: Married going on 15 years

Line of Business: Gun-toting government slave

Hobbies/Interests: Star Wars, vintage toys, invading other fan clubs' message boards and posting information about myself

Favorite SW Movie: Star Wars

Favorite SW Character: toss-up between Vader and Luke

Favorite Food: Pizza from almost any pizzaria in Manhattan (NYC), Shea Stadium hot dogs
  16. STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Master

star 4
    Well since I've been posting over here. I thought you guys might want to know who has been bothering you.

Name: Brent

ScreenName: STARDOG-D-JEDI

Please explain your ScreenName: I took Stardog from the Mother Love Bone song, STARDOG CHAMPION. And D-Jedi I thought was funny and was Star Wars.

Title (if you have one with our FanForce chapter): WS Fanforce Sith Apprentice.

Marital Status/Family Info: Married 11 years, 1 Daughter

Line of Business: Shift Manager for textile company

Hobbies/Interests: Star Wars, Guitars, music, painting, writing, beer, poker, video games, movies, beer, smoking, beer,reading, posting and did I mention Beer?? STAR ALE ANYONE!

Favorite SW Movie: Attack of the CLones

Favorite SW Character: Han Solo

Favorite Food: LIBERTY STEAK HOUSE AND BREWERY!!! In High Point NC and Myrtle Beach SC. They have a drunken rib eye that is amazing and they brew their own beer which is the best I have ever had!!!
  17. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Niiice Stardog! I loved Mother Love Bone! I gotta go with Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns. I don't like that they kinda clipped the ending on the Singles soundtrack, but I love the full song. Actually, I liked that whole early 90's music mood. Anyway, welcome!
  18. STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Vesper! I'm a Rush fan too.

SUBDIVISIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Be cool, or be cast out."
  19. JediTerminator Force Ghost

star 5
    Name: Joshua
    ScreenName: JediTerminator
    Please explain your ScreenName: I am the terminator of all the Jedi.
    Line of Business: Living with a black heart.
    Hobbies/Interests: Listening to hard rock and sountracks.
    Favorite SW Movie: ESB
    Favorite SW Character: Darth Maul
    Favorite Food: Pizza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.