The Getting To Know You Thread... Answer a Question Ask a Question Game!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Skiara
  1. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus

star 5
    The Getting To Know You Thread was originally created by padawan lunetta as a way for people in The JC Community to, well, get to know each other better. The way it worked was people would post something they knew about the person who posted before them. Well, since most you guys in here are new to the forums I thought we'd switch that up a bit.

Instead of posting something about the person who posted before you, post a question you'd like the person who posts after you to answer. Like "What is your favorite Star Wars moive", or "How did you first find the Jedi Council Forums," something like that. After the person who posts after you answers your question, they can then post one of their own for the next person. Hopefully through this you'll get to know some of your fellow JC posters a bit better. :D

My question for whoever posts after me: How old were you when you saw your first Star Wars movie, and which film was it?

*Note* - You can answer your own question when you post it if you'd like. My first Star Wars movie was Return of the Jedi, and I was about 7 or 8 when I saw it.

Edit: This thread became famous, but it's time to open a new one. So good bye and thanks for all the good questions and memories! @};-
  2. gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was 5 in 1983. The first one I saw was Return of the Jedi in theaters.
    Wish I would have kept some of the toys that I had when I was a kid.
  3. Jedi_April Jedi Master

star 2
    I was in junior high school in 1977 when I watched Star Wars.

A New Hope? What's that? ;)

What's your favorite and least favorite characters in Star Wars? Please explain why.

April :D
  4. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    UP!

What's your favorite and least favorite characters in Star Wars? Please explain why.

Well, it's really hard for me to pick out just one of my fave character, so I'd say the Skywalker family: Luke, Leia and Vader. :) Why? Luke because he was just a simple farmboy but he grew to be a hero, Leia because sh'e no average damsel-in-distress, and Vader because of that breathing, that costume and that voice. 8-} Well, I quite like Obi-Wan too. :)

Least favorite character, I don't really have one. I don't like Jar Jar or the 8 year old Anakin, but I don't like TPM as a whole either. So there you go!

Okay, my question: describe how you came to the JC--in detail! :D
  5. Lady_Jedi26 Force Ghost

star 4
    i came to the JC because i had put in a search for a movie quote for a contest on the radio here and a link to the JC came up and after an hour or so of looking over some of the different threads i joined up funny thing is the quote wasnt from any star wars movie so it was funny that this link came up but im glad it did

pretty cool huh ;)

my question is
    if you couldve been any character in star wars who would it be and why?
  6. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus

star 5
    [image=http://members.aol.com/raybombay/Poofy.jpg]

Yarael Poof of course. Not only is he dead sexy, he's also on the Jedi Council. And if you watch him in the movie, he doesn't really seem to do anything. He just sits there, bobbing his head side to side. I like to think of him as the lazy Jedi, just like I would be. :p ;)

Why did you choose the username you have and what does it mean?

7. gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I chose my username because this is a nickname of a baseball player that I am fan of. The player's name is Luis Gonzales.(sp?) His nickname is Gonzo.

Now my question is what is your favorite star wars quote?
  8. Jedi_April Jedi Master

star 2
    My favorite line of dialogue is when Luke refuses to kill his father.

Luke: I will not fight you.

Do you agree with Harrison Ford that Han Solo should have died at Endor? Please explain.
  9. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    Lady: That's very interesting! :)

Since I already posted before, I'll let someone else start a new question. I'll answer the last one though.

I don't think Han should have died at Endor, even if I'm not a big fan of him. That would have somewhat ruined the ending of ROTJ--it's very happy because everyone's together then and all the loos ends are tied up. Han, being one of the majot characters, shouldn't be dead at the end. Okay, so Vader's also a major character, but he died by saving his son and redeeming himself, so that was different.

10. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Do you think that there should have been a cameo of Dash Rendar in the SE of The Empire Strikes Back?
  11. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    I don't know, as I honestly have no idea who Dash Rendar is. :p

Tell us about a thread, post or user that has stuck out to you during your time at the JC.
  12. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus

star 5
    One that has always stuck with me would have to be FlirtaciousSock's Come in for a *personalized* compliment, all about YOU! thread. I had never seen a thread set up simply to complement and make people feel better about themselves before. It was truly a great thread and I wish more users here would take after FS's example. :)

Why did you choose the icon that you currently have?
  13. Emp_Palpartine Jedi Master

star 4
    It looks like the best icon for my name...

My Q:
    What is Fav. SW movie???
  14. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    Empire! :) It's actually the first SW movie I have seen in its entirity. And I was totally blown away by it. And ending left me wanting for more, and also made me into a SW fan. :D

Why do you choose the sig you have and why?

15. Red_Oktobur Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, for my personal sig, I always have my website and forums on the last two lines. But for the top three, I always have some kind of 3-hand quote like the one I have now. I switch every couple of weeks.

Do you have any relatives on these boards?
  16. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    No, but I do have a real life friend that I convinced into signing up.

What is on your mousepad?
  17. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I've got a Hellboy mouse pad, but it's getting a bit ratty, I should really think about getting a new one.

What other forums do you post in here at the JC?
  18. Knowledge24 Jedi Padawan

I was 5 years old when my dad happened to have a film strip shortened version of Star Wars (ANH) that ended after the Milennium Falcon-Tie Fighter fight. My parents did everything in their power to get all the action figures and toys for my brother and I. We still have alot of the figures and some of the toys but sadly my favorite toy of all, my Milennium Falcon ship is missing several key pieces.
  19. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    Methingks we need to get more newbies to come here. :)

What other forums do you post in here at the JC?

Sane places :): Star Gals in SW Misc, Social Party at FFC, Welcome New Users

Borderline insane places 8-}: FFNZ, Lightsiders Temple at FFC

Truly insane places [face_laugh] [face_laugh]: Shaving Habits at SW Misc, some threads in CT, and sometimes JCC too.

:D

Are you spoiler-free? Why do you decide to be spoiled or spoiler-free?
  20. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus

star 5
    You're right, this has turned into the "Getting to know Mr.Neck, jedi-mind-trick, and Lil_Lisa thread." [face_laugh] ;)

Back to the game: Yes, I am spoiler free. I find I enjoy movies so much more when I don't already know the whole story walking in. I like to be surprised by what happens on the screen, but that's just me. :p ;)

Ok, Darth face off time! Vader vs Maul, who wins?

21. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    Vader. No doubt about it. ;)

What is your favorite food?
  22. GhostofJinn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi, glad to have this intro thread to figure things out on. Nice for all the "new kids" to be able to sit around and get to know each other over a hot cup of the star wars equivilant to coffee.

Favorite Food: Pizza!
  23. GhostofJinn Jedi Knight

star 1
    I forgot to ask my question. What do you think happened to qui-gon's lightsabre? Does anakin or Obi-Wan have it?
  24. slavegirl Jedi Master

star 4
  25. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
Moderators: Skiara
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.