main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Ghost of Exar Kun - A Halloween Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JalendaviLady, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    The Ghost of Exar Kun

By JalendaviLady

Timeframe: Between TPM and AOTC, after my vignette Jedi Temple Mayhem

Characters: Bear Clan, Obi-Wan, Anakin Skywalker, Hannar (OC), Saman (OC), Kennet (OC)

Disclaimer: All things Star Wars belong to George Lucas, not me. The clown story was inspired by a movie called Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

It was dark in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

The younglings were all asleep in their beds.

The Bear Clan dormitory was quiet and still. There was not even a whisper of wind blowing against the windows as lights of hovercars flickered in the distance.

The knights and masters assigned to watch the younglings were sleeping or quietly drinking caf among themselves. The yearly galactic festival of scary stories was almost over and, for once, nothing major had happened. No one had fainted in terror, not even when one of the younglings had recited a particularly gruesome tale the residents of Suite 56 were going to be asked about in the morning.

How else, after all, could little innocent Liam have heard such a tale about the clowns and jesters from the local funworld wandering around eating beings' guts through twirly straws?

Now, all was calm. Dealing with Suite 56 could wait until morning for once.

The caf-drinkers were about to wander towards their own beds from the little lounge just outside the dormitory.

"I AM THE GHOST OF EXAR KUN!" The voice was mechanically altered, but the accent was unmistakable.

The watchers glanced at each other, sighing. "Can't we just have one year without mayhem?"

Lightsabers in hand, they opened the doors and walked inside.

The younglings were screaming.

It took several seconds to use the Force to compensate for the strange lighting conditions. Bright blue strobe lights were flashing, and there was mist coming from the other side of the room.

Levitating in mid-air was the unmistakable form of one Padawan Hannar, covered completely in flour from the cowl of the dark robe he was wearing to booted feet.

Giggling in the background, hidden from the view of the little younglings were the equally distinct forms of the rest of the group.

Someone thought to unplug the strobe lights using the Force and turn the lights on.

"Fun times over."

"Aww, man!"

"...and you should be glad they let you off so easily, Padawan."

"This is being let off easy?" Anakin paused for a moment to glance at Obi-Wan over his shoulder.

"Keep cleaning. Masters Yoda and Mace want this floor shining."

"I wasn't even the one who did it!"

"You should be glad you only have to clean the younglings' bathrooms for a month, Anakin. Saman has to compile mission assignments for three months because he told one of the younglings an absolutely horrific story..."

"...it was about clowns..."

"Ever seen the clown that sells banthaburgers at the funworld? I rest my case." Obi-Wan sighed, looking up at the ceiling. "Kennet has to help the younger Padawans with lightsaber practice for a season because he set up those stupid strobe lights. And Hannar, for his apparent love of Jedi History, gets to help in the Jedi Archives during all his free time for the next 3 months."

"But Master, I didn't do anything!"

"Keep scrubbing."

2. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    This is nearly as good as your icon! I love it!! Very funny, especially the last line. [face_laugh]

3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Very cute. I envisioned he was scrubbing with his toothbrush! Loved the references to "Suite 56".

4. DreamOfKenobi

DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2004
    Loved this viggie! A nice little Halloween treat.

[face_pumpkin]

5. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    VadersMistress: Thanks.

Mistress_Renata: Oooh. I attracted someone with colors. Anyway, thanks, and the Suite 56 reference comes from "Jedi Temple Mayhem"; it's where the four troublemakers live.

DreamOfKenobi: Thanks.

6. Draculette

Draculette Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2004
    [face_laugh] That was hysterical!!

7. Odd-Thomas

Odd-Thomas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Wonderful!

8. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Draculette and Odd-Thomas: Thank you both!

9. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

now that was hilarious

10. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
  11. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    UPing to avoid potential lockage.