main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'The Ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi' - 1997 Promo

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Ellbobin, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I just bought this model at a place I found near my nans house. Just wondering about rarity as it has some numbers printed on the box, does this mean it is a limited edition?

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    It is worth about $20 US. I picked mine up a few years ago for that price.

3. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    This one?

[image=http://i23.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/cf/ca/74_1_b.JPG]

These are everywhere on eBay, thus you can get them very cheap.

4. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    It is not really a rare figure. However, it was not sold in stores. It was a mail away promotional for the theater release of the SE trillogy back in 97. If you ate like 3 bags of lays potato chips and mailed in a small sum you would get this figure sent to you in that white box. All thoughts of price aside, it is a nice figure to have.

5. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Mine came with a black starfield box, the front has a pic of the figure, above it, it says 'Star Wars Trilogy Special Editon, under it, it says The Ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi then in a gold box it says No 30663. The sides just say Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition. The Back has a barcodem age logos the Fox Lgooa nd the Lucasfilm LTD logo and a load of 'promo, not for re-sale' stuff. I got mine in here in the UK so maybe thats the differnce.

6. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    LOL! My mistake, yes that is a bit different. I found some information about your version at Rebel Scum,
    http://www.rebelscum.com/eurobenspirit.asp
    It sounds like yours is the same figure but was packaged differently for another promotion as a limited edition.

7. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I have 3 or 4 of them. I belive that they are not that rare.

8. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Thanks for that page. Now I know it is 1 in 50,000.

9. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Ah, yes...I have the US release of this figure. How could I forget? I had to buy three bags of aweful "pizza" flavored Lays because none of the other flavors had the offer on them. Neat figure, although mine has no articulation. Is that normal? It's not the first figure I've owned who refused to move at the arm and head joints when I first got him (I've used him mainly for display, so I haven't messed with it too much). I was determined since I missed the Fruit Loops Han that I wasn't going to let another special offer figure slip through my fingers, and as a display piece, he's not a bad figure to own (though I could have waited a few years for the Jedi Spirits three pack).

10. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    The spirit of Obi Wan figure does not have movable arms.
    I don't think it was ever supposed to, even though you can see the joints.
    Does the Spirit of Obi Wan in the Jedi spirits 3 pack come with movable arms?
    I always wondered but never knew for sure. Mine is still in the package.

11. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    I don't know...I've always wondered that myself. The Anakin is the only one who looks really moveable, and he seems to be modeled after the "flashback photo" Anakin (on a seperate topic, I will never understand why this figure had a lightsaber included with him), and his arms lend themselves well to being moved. The Yoda and Obi don't look like they were designed to be very moveable, so I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't. I checked out Rebelscum, but it offered no clue as to movement.

Anyone want to shed light on this subject?

12. Sidious-Soddus

Sidious-Soddus Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    The Obi-Wan in the 'Spirits' 3 pack doesn't have any articulation either, same as the Anakin and Yoda figures. Hardly 'action' figures, but nice all the same.

13. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    Yeah...there's not really much they can be expected to do. :D

This is why I found it odd that the "old Anakin" figure came with a saber, especially one that doesn't even look like any Anakin ever used. Never, aside from in his spirit form, does Anakin appear as a kindly robe wearing older man, and he's not packing a saber when he does. I don't know what kind of wierd adventures kids are prone to with their figures, but finding a use for the elderly Anakin as himself wielding a saber would be a real stretch. I do appreciate the saber though as a replacement for all those dang broken pegs in the newer lines.

14. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Thanks for the help. I guess the Jedi Spirits are just better to look at on a shelf than to pose. They didn't really move around too much at the end of ROTJ anyway so I suppose it is more realistic that way.
    As for the Anakin are you refering to -the non-spirit old Anakin figure? I never noticed that he came with a saber. That is pretty strange.

15. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    Yep. Here's the link. I find it funny that they made a comment about it as well at the bottom of the page...

http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF2anakinfb.asp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.