main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Gift - A Siriwan story. AU Ch 13 "The Rescue of Obi-Wan, Part 1" update 3/11/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obimom, Nov 23, 2011.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Title: The Gift - A Siriwan Story AU
    Author: Obimom
    Timeframe: Begins in Before the Sage, continues in Saga to Tatooine
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri T, Adi Gallia, some Qui-Gon and Yoda
    Genre: Drama & Romance
    Summary: At the age of thirteen, Siri had visions of herself and Obi-Wan's future in the caves of Ilum.

This is mostly a Siri and Obi-Wan centered story - events, missions etc are touched on, familiar events mentioned but not gone into much detail. I just wondered what would Siri do if she knew some things about her future and Obi-Wan's future, and how this knowledge might affect the future.

This may not update as regularly as my previous stories since I am now working full time, but it is completely written, so it will be finished.

Dedicated to the many Siriwan fans...you know who you are...:D

And as always, Thank you Val for the beta and suggestions!@};-

THE GIFT

Chapter 1: Ilum

Ilum was cold. Not just cold, it was freezing. It was an ice world set in a remote part of the galaxy, tucked away and unseen by most, but a refuge for the Jedi and their Padawans. Atop the tallest icy cliff and protected by the Gorgodons was a crystal cavern, the destination of masters who brought their young Padawans on a journey to find their crystals and build their lightsabers. In many cases, a young Padawan found more than light saber crystals, they found warnings and truths about themselves, and sometimes visions of their future.

Jedi Master Adi Gallia brought her 13 year old Padawan, Siri Tachi, to Ilum to take her first journey into the caves, to seek her crystals and to see what the force embued cave might show her. It had been two days since they had arrived and they had taken the option to land their small transport on the ledge in front of the cave rather than climb the sheer icy cliff. The Gorgodons scrambled, flew about and made a fuss. Adi wielded her lightsaber only to keep them away from herself and Siri, and along with her force persuasion, soon settled them down. Adi and Siri then made their way into the mouth of the cave. There the master had squeezed the young padawan?s shoulder in encouragement and sent her on her way.

Adi now sat in silent meditation just inside the entrance to the cave, the sharp blue sky behind her a constrast to the bright, sparkling ice that lined the ledge and surrounded the mouth of the cave. Gorgodons slept peacefully around the ledge and inside the cave entrance, having been assured two days ago that these two small strangers meant them no harm.

Adi sighed as she meditated. She chose not to meddle in what Siri was going through; Siri would tell her what she would when she returned. This was an exercise in patience, it would do the young Padawan no good to make her feel hurried. She had to find her own way, in her own time. Meditation kept Adi reminded of this lesson. Patience. Peacefulness. Serenity. The cool air blew in and nipped at her from time to time, and she could sense the snores and breathing of the creatures behind her, but nothing would disturb her. Siri needed her Master to be calm and at peace.

Deep in the recesses of the cave was Siri. Her small frame was barely visible in the darkness, but whenever she found a room filled with crystals, which seemed to glow and sparkle with their own light, her shoulder length blonde hair would shimmer. The visions of long dead Jedi and their dire warnings, which she had found on the first day of her journey had frightened her, and then annoyed her. She had stomped away impatiently.

"I don't have time for this! I need to find my crystals!" she had said to herself.

But then she remembered her Master?s admonition; to listen to the warnings and discern if they were true for her or not, and don?t be overly alarmed by them and to move on peacefully. She had settled down then and taken her time, forcing herself to remain calm and patient.

Late in the second day she had stumbled into another room filled with crystals. Her blonde hair shone like a halo in the crystal?s light, her blue eyes reflected the spa

2. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Im a SiriWan fan!
    A blessing and a comfort to him you will be if you choose wisely, child. When you are older, understanding will come.?
    It will be interesting how this works into the story without changing the cannon events, at least the post implies that you will be adhering to them. I really like writing from Siri's poiint of view, ObiWan always comes across hotter IMO.

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Great beginning, I like siri/Wan=D=

4. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I'm intrigued with this so far, and I can't wait to see what is coming next.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi there! This is interesting! I love fics where things change when one knows the future enough to rewrite the present and avert tragedy :cool:

Obi-Wan is one of my fave Saga/OT characters.

In fanfics, I love it when he finds happiness and solace and Siri always seemed a great fit for that.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice I like SiriWans

7. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Great start, the vision of them together in her last moments was so moving [face_love] I can't imagine how hard it would be for a 13 year old Siri to see all of this, but I look forward to seeing how it will affect her. I loved the words of wisdom, Obi-Wan is meant for duty and sacrifice, but he deserve support and comfort at the same time. Very sweet and nice :)

8. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    obsessedwithSW Thank you, fellow Siriwan fan! This is the first time I've written from Siri's POV, and much of the story will remain in her POV with the exception of some parts and chapters..as you will see. Yes, I do keep it mostly canon, except for some things which is why I am calling this an AU.

GkilkennyThank you! I hope you will continue to enjoy this as it unfolds...:)

LilyHobbitJedi Thank you! :)

Jade_eyesHmm... tragedy will be averted? We'll have to wait and see on that..:D but I do know what you mean...Siri is so perfect for Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan is my favorite too.

earlybird-obi-wan I know you do, Earlybird..I hope you will enjoy this..:)

serendipityaey Thank you! I hope this is everything Siriwan fans have come to expect...with just a little different take on things...:)

Here is another late night post. I decided to go ahead and post it because it's sort of the second part to the first chapter...

Ch. 2 Keep Your Mind On The Here and Now

Master Adi Gallia finally stood and stretched. Her body felt taut and restless after two days waiting and meditating. She wandered out to the mouth of the cave, wrapped her robe more tightly against the cold chill of the night and gazed up at the starlit sky. She breathed deeply the frosty air and glanced over at the Gorgodons. She had come to appreciate the presence of the sleeping creatures; their bodies provided a measure of warmth that kept her from freezing.

She reached into her robe and pulled out a protein bar. She tried not to think about how long Siri had been in the cave. Some padawans had been known to take many more than two days to accomplish their journey. Adi was prepared to wait it out and had plenty of nutrition bars to keep her going.

As much as she tried not to think about it, she couldn?t help but look forward to a hot bath, a hot meal and a nice warm bed. Yes, anything warm sounded really good right now.

?Keep your mind in the present,? she admonished herself ruefully. She thought about her friend, Qui-Gon Jinn and about how he was forever going on about staying in the ?here and now?.

Well he didn?t have to sit in a freezing cold cave for two days waiting for his padawan. As she recalled, Obi-Wan had found his crystals and completed his journey within 24 hours. Siri won?t like hearing that she took longer than he. ?They are so competitive," she thought to herself. "But in spite of all their bickering and striving against each other, they really are very close," Adi mused. "If they weren't Jedi, one would wonder if they weren't destined to marry."

She grinned to herself at that very unlikely thought, then stretched again and prepared to walk back inside and sit down when she heard a rustling sound coming from the mouth of the cave. She turned to find Siri, face white in the pale moonlight, emerging from the cave. With satisfaction, she held her newly completed lightsaber out to her master. Adi noticed her eyes had a happy, but slightly haunted look in them. She wondered what Siri had seen.

-----------------------------

Later in the transport heading back to Coruscant, Adi waited until the ship jumped to hyperspace, then went back to sit with her Padawan, who had been unusually silent during the trip home.

Adi took Siri?s hand and gently prodded. ?Do you want to talk about it? Can you tell me what you saw??

Siri glanced at her master, her confused eyes evidence of the turmoil roiling inside her. After what seemed like a long while she answered hesitantly.

?Mainly what I saw was Obi-Wan!?

Startled, Adi wondered at that. ?Why did you see Obi-Wan in your visions??

?I don?t know, really. A voice in the cave said that we are connected in the future, but I don?t understand how. I - I...? she finally shrugged her shoulders, her eyebrows knitted on a young face marked by a troubled scowl.

?I saw my own death.?

Adi gasped. ?Oh Siri.?.

But Siri shook her head in protest.

?No, it?s ok, Master. That?s not what?s bothering me. It?s

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Intriguing and nice update with Yoda

10. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    It would have to be very stressful to see your own death and not know what it all means. That's a lot for a 13-year-old! But maybe if they knew about these things, something could be done about it. Interesting premise! I look forward to more--PMs please?

11. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Ah, yes Yoda, you're on the right track. Obi-Wan was chosen by the Force. we all know that and some of us may even believe that he was the true chosen one. Through him balance did come.

Great post=D=

12. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Love the idea that they are connected! I so believe that Obi-Wan (everyone!) should have someone to support them, not that Siri isn't important in her own right, because she it :D

So looking forward to how this plays out.

Much darkness, and somehow Obi-Wan stood in the center of it. A steady light that remains to stand against the darkness. But clouded the future is, hard to see, to discern.

Love this!! Great job [face_love]

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    earlybird-obi-wan Thank you!!

Luna_Nightshade Maybe something will be done about it...[face_whistling] Thanks..PM will happen.

Gkilkenny Yes, he is. He is so much in the center of everything that happened in SW..yet his role in it all seems to be largely downplayed..except by those who know better...like us, right? :D

serendipityaey Thanks!! Hope you enjoy this next chapter!

A big thank you to Val for the beta. Hope you enjoy this improved version...:D

Chapter 3 Back To Normal

Siri returned to her daily routine of classes, training with her master and the trainers, friends and fun. The weeks flew by and gradually she was less haunted by memories of her visions during the day, and the nighttime dreams soon ceased. They became distant; something she could think about with the remote analysis of her mind rather than the sharp wavering emotions of her heart.

She had been a little relieved to learn that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were away on a mission and not soon expected back. She didn't think she could have faced Obi-Wan with the visions about him still so fresh. Now she looked forward to their return home.

One morning she was getting ready for a day of classes and training when her thoughts turned again to Obi-Wan. It had been so long since she had seen her friend and she realized she was missing him.

"He seems so far away, sort of like those visions I had of him," She chuckled to herself.

She picked up her robe and bag, opened her door and stepped into the common room of their quarters. As she put her things on the chair, Adi spoke from the kitchen.

"Oh, Siri, I just heard. Master Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are returning from their mission today."

The bag nearly toppled to the floor as Siri suddenly began to tremble, feeling the color drain from her face. She steadied her bag and gripped the back of the chair to steady herself.

"Obviously, I'm not as past this as I thought," she thought to herself. She took several deep breaths to calm her thumping heart.

"Siri? Did you hear me?" Adi called from the kitchen. Siri closed her eyes and swallowed hard. She could vaguely hear the clink of dishes as Adi was setting breakfast things on a tray.

Adi came into the common room with the tray in her hands. "Siri, what's wrong? Are you all right?"

She nodded. She had regained her composure, approached the table and sat down. "I'm all right, Master, but I guess I'm a little nervous about seeing him again..you know, after Ilum."

Adi took Siri's hand and patted it. "I understand Siri, and I know it may be difficult for awhile, especially since Yoda has cautioned us not to reveal anything of your visions to either Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan. And I agree with him. It seems needless to put them through the burden of this information. Yoda said that if Obi-Wan needed to know any of this, the force would tell him.

Siri nodded. "I understand, Master, and I agree. It's just, what I saw...I..."

"Look, what you saw is years in the future, and maybe not at all. Remember, right now he's just a boy, a fellow Padawan, and your friend. That's all you need to be concerned about. Okay?"

Siri thought for a moment, then relaxed. She grinned. "Yes, Master. I think I can handle that."

"Good. Now eat your breakfast so you're not late for class."

-----------------------

The day proved to be difficult. She had been distracted most of the morning, and as the afternoon approached, she found her nervousness returning. She tried to use the force to quell it, but it did little good. She had to admit she was still nervous about seeing Obi-Wan again.

It didn't help that several times that day she had been scolded by the teaching masters about keeping her mind on her work. She was usually so studious, seldom earning reprimands.

One of the teachers, in a fit of exasperation, had finally scolded, ?What has gotten into you today, Padawan Tachi? If you weren?t a Jedi I would think you had a boy on your mind!?

The other girls giggled and she blushed.

?I?m sorry, Master, it won?t happen again.?

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Two Obi-Wan stories in one night (you and Geri). I'm happy to see our fav Jedi get his due.

Loved Siri's teasing of Obi-Wan.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved this update with the banter between Siri and Obi-Wan

16. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Love seeing them have a quiet evening together and discussing what happened to the both of them. Poor Obi got himself into trouble! It is nice to see them as children here and able to talk about these things. Lovely update.

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

Thank you everyone for the reviews. Can't do individual comments right now, having horrible time with the interent. Doing good to post this. Enjoy! and Thanks Val!

Chapter 4 Mission of Discovery

Over the next couple of years the Padawans were busy with missions, classes, training, and much meditating. When at the temple at the same time, which was not often, Obi-Wan, Siri, Garen Muln, Reeft and Bant were inseparable. Many hours they spent together sparring, eating, playing jokes on various members of the order, and laughing.

Several evenings found them anxiously awaiting word when one of them became sick or injured. Although they all had their share of mishaps, it seemed Obi-Wan came home injured more often than the others, and it became a running joke between them. Siri wondered sometimes if Obi-Wan's future destiny would be thwarted by his untimely death. Would she even have to worry about whatever kind of connection they may have later?

As they grew older, the Padawans were often away from the temple for lengthy periods of time. The five friends were seldom able to be together as often as they had been. Siri and Obi-Wan, with their Masters, had gone on several missions together over the past two years and as a result the two had become much closer.

Adi watched silently, but saw no sign of anything more than close friendship between them.

Qui-Gon was simply happy that Obi-Wan had someone he could consider a best friend. He himself had treasured his close friendship with Tahl, who had died a few years earlier during a mission. He still missed her, and loved her.

He knew something could someday happen between Siri and Obi-Wan, but he trusted his Padawan enough to make the right decision.

As time passed, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were away more often on long, dangerous missions, sometimes being away for several months. Siri didn't have time to think about him very much as she and her master were also being sent on longer, more intricate missions.

It was over a year later before Obi-Wan and Siri saw each other again.

Shortly after Siri?s sixteenth birthday, it was announced she and Adi would be going on a mission with Master Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Siri was excited to see him after so long. He had become a senior Padawan while Adi and Siri had been away on their most recent mission, and she was looking forward to finally congratulating him.

At their mission briefing in the council room, Siri learned they were to go to the planet Astar, a tribal planet in the Solari system. They were to find a tribal village, the Pellan, and investigate why the villagers were attacking other villages. The leaders in the main city of the planet seemed unconcerned about finding any answers. When they were finally persuaded to send out a party to investigate, they were attacked. Several of the party were seriously injured and one died. The rest of the investigating party returned to the city with their injured and the leaders decided to contact the Jedi temple and ask for help.

While Master Windu discussed the matter with the four Jedi, Siri surreptiously glanced Obi-Wan?s way. He stood tall and serene, his eyes serious and focused on the masters' and their instructions. But she could swear a couple times she had seen his eyes glance her way. She felt a nudge from her master through their bond.

?Focus, Padawan.?

?Yes, Master.? Chagrined, Siri blushed and re-focused her attention on the masters.

The next time she saw him was when they boarded the transport that would take them to Astar. He turned as she entered and his eyes widened a little, lighting up when he saw her. He grinned. ?There you are! I wondered where you?ve been.? He approached her, lightly brushed her arm, then dropped his hand. He backed away slightly, then said, ?I?ve missed you.?

?I?ve missed you, too, Obi-Wan. Your braid is longer!? She gazed at the plait which now reached almost to his waist.

?Yeah.? He grinned as he glanced down at it. ?Qui-Gon says I?ll have to tuck it in my belt if it gets any longer.?

Sir

18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Love the Obi-Wan & Siri bantering. But goodness, what trouble have our Jedi gotten themselves into?

19. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh dear, such excitement I was enthralled. I didn't see that coming. Poor Obi and Siri.

=D=

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Exciting update with all the banter and now:eek:

21. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Always enjoy the bantering between everyone... but it looks like Obi-Wan is going to have to save his girl! Exciting update.

22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Valairy Scot Yes, they have found themselves some trouble, haven't they. Hope you enjoy this next chapter, as I thought a lot about some of your suggestions and re-worked a lot of this, especially the first part (you know what I mean...;). Thanks for your help on this.

Gkilkenny Thank you! Glad you are enjoying this! I know you'll like whats coming up.:D

earlybird-obi-wan Thanks! Not as much banter in this one, but it'll be good! [face_whistling]

Luna_Nightshade Thank you!! Will Obi-Wan save his girl? We're about to find out! :D

I've been working on this chapter for a week in between working overtime at work. It's late, but here it is. Hope you all enjoy this!

Chapter 5 Terror In The Night

Voices. Far away and foreign, drifting in and out of dark unconsciousness. A rhythmic thumping that went straight to her head with every beat. Jostling, a feeling of floating, an almost sickening sensation of motion.

Siri opened her eyes.

She was upside down it seemed, looking at the ground. Panic gripped her for a moment, then she realized with new horror that she had been thrown over someone's shoulder like a bag of grain and was being carried in the dark to who knew where? The thumping was the vibrating sound of the tribesmen feet as they marched together in the forest, every stomp on the ground jarring her whole body. Half in panic, half in anger she began to struggle.

"Let me go!" she demanded, beating against the back of the man who was carrying her. Suddenly a sharp swat landed on her backside and a gruff command in a language she didn't know stilled her. She raised her head and glanced around. She was surrounded by dozens of Tribesmen, all fierce and determined. Even as a Jedi, she knew she could't fight them all. She sank against the back of her captor, resigned.

"Where is Obi-Wan?" she said to herself worriedly. She didn't know if he was captured also, or...worse. She shook her head. "No. He's not dead. He won't die here and neither will I."

She knew this wasn't their destiny. But where was he? She reached out with her senses to find him.

There. Somewhere behind them. She could feel him faintly, but she didn't know if he was also a captive or if he was trailing. She closed her eyes and concentrated on releasing her fears into the force. She couldn?t lose hope. They would get out of this somehow. She was certain of that.

After what seemed like hours, the tribesmen stopped and the man dropped her unceremoniously to the ground. She huffed angrily as she landed on her seat, and the men grunted laughter. She sneered at them.

Soon one of them approached her and gave her some food. Since her hands were free, she reached out to take what looked to be a burnt piece of meat. She sniffed it and then gingerly tasted it. She wasn?t hungry, but she knew she needed her strength, so she ate it. It was tough and took a bit of chewing, but the taste wasn't bad. After she swallowed the last bite, the man offered her a drink. The water tasted bitter, but she drank it gratefully.

Afterward he crouched before her and she stared back at him warily. He grinned at her, his mouth a dentists nightmare of missing and rotting teeth and his dark eyes roaming her body hungrily. He mumbled something Siri couldn't understand, then he pointed to himself, nodding eagerly. He then pointed to her and then to himself, nodding again, eyes pleading and eager.

Horrified, Siri backed away from him and reached for her robe to wrap it more tightly around herself. Instead her fingers grasped air and she quickly searched around herself, wondering what could have happened to her robe. She soon realized it had been lost somewhere in the woods after she had been taken. She then crossed her arms over her body against the man's continued oogling and felt with her fingers for her lightsaber.

"Drat!" she cursed to herself. She didn't have her lightsaber either. She then remembered dropping it when she had passed out. She could only hope that Obi-Wan was able to find it.

The tribesman leane

23. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Ha, I like to see what answer Qui-Gon comes up with when they have to produce the goods. (Women)
    I'm sure Qui-Gon will come up with some logical solution.
    Siri and Obi-Wan's night together was nice even though they were running for their lives.

=D=

24. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Love Obi's rescue! And his comforting her is so sweet [face_love] It was quite an ordeal she had been through, and though Obi strives to be the utmost Jedi, he is always compasionate. Very, very lovely!

25. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Loved Obi-Wan's rescue, and seeing them get away... I really hope that Qui-Gon has a good solution for this macho mess they've gotten themselves into. I don't think I'd like living in that tribe! Exciting update.