main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Gift - A Siriwan story. AU Ch 13 "The Rescue of Obi-Wan, Part 1" update 3/11/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obimom, Nov 23, 2011.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great action and nice to see Obi comforting Siri

2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Gkilkenny Thanks! I'm working on how the Qui-Gon "promise" will work out[face_whistling]

You like Obi-Wan and Siri's night together? Just wait till you read this next chapter.. [face_love]

serendipityaey Thank you! Obi-Wan is very sweet and compassionate...he usually hides it behind Jedi stoicism and the code, but his feelings run deep. Thats why we love him so much..[face_love]

Luna_NightshadeYeah, I don't think I'd like living there either. Hopefully Qui-Gon and company can help them change their thinking a little...maybe...[face_worried]

earlybird-obi-wan Thanks. I loved him comforting her also. Siri gets to see a side of Obi-Wan that no one else gets to see usually. Well, the same can also be said of how Obi-Wan sees Siri, I guess. They're just so good together...[face_love]

Qui-Gon and how he's going to find the tribemen "wives" will have to wait while we see what Obi-Wan and Siri are up to...enjoy!:D

Chapter 6: We Will Do What We Must

A clammy, cold dampness invaded Siri's sleep. As she woke up, the early morning chill assaulted her face, making her nose tickle. With her hand she rubbed her nose furiously, then sneezed twice. Turning her head around, she glanced quickly back at Obi-Wan. He was lying on his side facing her, his left arm bent under his head as a makeshift pillow and his right hand resting on the ground in front of him. He was still sleeping. Using the sleeve of her already damp tunic, she rubbed her face as best as she could, cleaning off most of the moisture.

"There, that feels a little better," she thought to herself.

She also was on her side, her back to Obi-Wan. She ducked her head deeper into the robe, retreating from the cold and relishing the feel of the warm body pressed next to her. The ground also had a dampness to it, but with the robe tucked tightly around her and Obi-Wan so close, she felt warm enough. She didn't want to move from her cozy cocoon. Obi-Wan shifted slightly in his sleep and his right arm slid around her waist and pulled her closer. She thought for a surprised moment he might have woken up, but shortly realized he was still sleeping and unaware of how intimate their position was.

With a sigh she settled in and was trying to sleep again when she became aware of rustling movements and soft munching. She froze as her eyes slowly opened. She stretched her head slightly and peeked around Obi-Wan's arm to see what new menace threatened.

The morning sunlight peeked frostily through the trees sparkling with diamond droplets. She blinked sleepily toward the soft noise she had heard, then breathed a sigh of relief. Not far from where she and Obi-Wan lay were three large docile beasts; nothing like the frightening creature of the night before. These were four footed beasts with reddish brown coats. Their huge antlers made them look almost lopsided, as though they might topple over. They contentedly stripped the leaves and bark off of the trees and chewed slowly, their teeth lazily grinding the hardness of the bark into mulch before they swallowed. They turned at her slight movement and gazed at her, their large mellow brown eyes staring disinterestedly, then with soft snorts that hung in cloudy puffs in the air, they turned again to the more interesting breakfast in front of them and moved on to another tree.

She watched them for a little while, taking comfort in their gentle grazing with no fear evident in them. She then turned her attention back to Obi-Wan.

She shifted her body, slowly turning so as not to disturb him and soon she was on her back, gazing into his face. His features were relaxed, his brow at ease as long eyelashes rested against his cheeks. She resisted the sudden urge to run her fingers along shapely lips and a chin with an almost irresistible cleft.

She pulled away from him slightly. Something inside her fluttered and she was suddenly disturbed by feelings she suspected had always been there but was now waking up inside of her. She knew she had always cared for him and she knew the code about att

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, my, such goodness. A sweet kiss - I wonder if Obi-Wan was still a bit "sleep-addled" or just not thinking when he kissed her, because he was fairly quick to back off once realization sunk in.

I'm glad to see there are still Obi-Wan'ers and Siriwan'ers still posting and making some of us happy.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes, very happy with this update with lots of mush and ending with uh oh a cliffie

5. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Love their little romantic interlude and the way they discussed their confusion about their relationship and the Force. Lovely how they settled how they felt about each other with their roles as Jedi. Sweet event in the woods! Looking forward to the next bit of action! Great update.

6. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    So, so, so, so sweet [face_love] I loved it :D Very romantic, but I think they handled it well, too. They will be the best Jedi they can [face_love] Looking forward to more!

7. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Valairy_ScotSleep addled? I don't think so..but maybe I need to ask him..:p

earlybird-obi-wanYes, I love Siriwan mush too...[face_love] Thank you. (And only a little cliffie)

Luna_Nightshade Thank you! I always thought Obi-Wan and Siri were more mature than they were originally given credit to be...They were in love, true, but they also knew what was at stake. More coming!! :)

serendipityaey Thank you so much!! I'm glad you loved that...I love writing Romantic Siriwan moments (and reading them!!)...they're so sweet together...[face_love]

Wow. I had a bit of a struggle with this chapter, especially when it really wasn't part of the original draft. I decided this little "story within the story" side track needed a little more filling in, so this chapter was written, and then the next chapter will complete this segment.

Thank you, Val, for the help and beta on this!

Chapter 7 Of Rescue and Women

Voices could be heard in the woods; a mixture of basic and the Pellan language they had heard before. Obi-Wan and Siri glanced at each other, concerned. Although the force wasn't necessarily warning them of danger, they were alert and apprehensive of the oncoming rush. They stood defensively with their lightsabers ready, but not ignited. Obi-Wan moved in front of Siri protectively as the tribesmen from the night before suddenly rushed into the clearing where they stood.

Siri was both annoyed and touched, but before she could react the tribesmen had them surrounded.

There were about thirty of them, but instead of attacking, they shouted "They're here! We found them!" They seemed to be waiting for something. Obi-Wan drew Siri close to him and put a hand protectively on her back. He brandished his lightsaber in front of them.

?See how he protects his woman!? exclaimed one of the men.

Siri glanced wide eyed at Obi-Wan, whose expression had changed from wariness to surprise and embarrassment.

At that moment, Qui-Gon and Adi broke through the crowd.

?Master!? both Padawans said at once.

?I?ve spoken to their Chief,? said Qui-Gon, indicating the villagers. ?We have an agreement. They won?t attack us now.?

The Padawans grinned in relief and ran to their masters. Siri reached Adi and threw her arms around her.

?I?m so glad you?re all right, Master!? Siri said.

?I am as well. And you?? Adi looked her over with concern. ?I know they took you also. Are you all right??

?I?m fine. They started fighting over me, and I escaped. Obi-Wan found me and we ran into the woods to get away from them.?

Adi gazed at her intently then glanced at Obi-Wan, then again at Siri. ?And...? Anything else you want to tell me??

Siri blushed. ?Can we talk later, Master??

Adi nodded. ?Of course.?

Siri whispered, ?How...??

?I sensed intense emotions from you this morning, Padawan.?

?Did Master Qui-Gon sense anything from Obi-Wan??

?If he did, he didn?t say.?

Siri nodded, then they walked together toward the men.

They approached Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, who had greeted each other with claps on the shoulder. Qui-Gon pulled on Obi-Wan's braid and said something Siri couldn't hear, but she saw Obi-Wan's grin in return. As the women stopped to stand with the men, the Chief approached Qui-Gon and said,

"We have found your young ones. Now you must keep your promise."

"Yeah, take us to our wives!" shouted one of the men in the crowd. Siri and Obi-Wan exchanged puzzled looks.

"Wives?" Obi-Wan said to Qui-Gon. "Master, what are they talking about?"

"We made a deal with the Pellan tribe. They helped us find you, now we must help them find wives!"

If the situation hadn't suddenly become so serious, Siri might have laughed at how ludicrous that sounded.

"Master, how can we find wives for these men?" Siri asked.

"I don't know. Qui-Gon got us into this, I'm interested in seeing how he figures this one out," she replied. Siri sensed Adi had not been in agreement with Master Qui-Gon on this, and she couldn't blame her. She had never heard anything so ridiculous.

8. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I still love Adi's (and Qui-Gon's) reactions to Obi-Wan's inability to, well, not be a gentleman, though I suppose were the other team two men, Obi-Wan would insist both masters share the bed while the padawans shared the floor.

And Obi-Wan all [face_blush] when Qui-Gon told him to go with the women to freshen up. [face_laugh] I'm not sure if Obi-Wan just didn't understand at first, or thought he was not being allowed to "be with the men" but it was cute.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely post with the seperation of men and women as practised by the tribe and the reactions from the Jedi.

And the gentleman Obi-Wan[:D] Love him

10. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Fun update, getting to see the Jedi fighting for the rights of the women, and also the difficulty they had figuring out the sleeping arrangements. It is nice to see them all seeming to relax for awhile, even though I doubt it will last long. Great update!

11. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Ya gotta love gentleman Obi! Very well written. I'm definitely enjoying this story. Keep up the good work.

12. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Valairy_Scot I thought it was cute too..he misunderstood a little what Qui-Gon was asking him to do by going with Adi and Siri to the fresher...maybe because he had a certain someone on him mind?? :D. I enjoyed writing that and also Adi's reaction to Obi-Wan's chivalrous tendencies :p

earlybird-obi-wan Yes, Gentleman Obi indeed...when I wrote that part I knew Obi-Wan couldn't just sit by and let the women sleep on the floor. :p

Luna_Nightshade Thank you! Glad you liked it. Yes, some needed rest before the work they were getting ready to do...hope you will enjoy the next chapter!!

JediMaster_Jen Thank you!! And Welcome! So glad you could join us. I hope you will continue to enjoy!! :)

Chapter 8 Treaties & Choices

The next morning, the four Jedi stood in front of their temporary home talking over the days planned activities. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were going to help the tribe prepare the village for the coming dignitaries and tribal leaders. Adi and Siri would try to contact the women and see if they could help them, but they were to stay mainly out of sight.

Siri, who had been listening to the discussion, glanced up and saw Obi-Wan looking at her. She stepped a little closer with a smile.

"I guess you two will be busy with all the preparations you'll be doing," Siri said.

Obi-Wan nodded. "I'm sorry you and Adi aren't allowed to help more. Really, if we were going strictly by the village rules, we shouldn't even be seen together out here."

"Yeah, I find that interesting," Siri said. "They took these women to be wives, yet they are kept locked away unseen in a house. I wonder why?"

"Oh, I think we'll know the answer to that before too long," Obi-Wan said.

"Come along Obi-Wan, the men are waiting," Qui-Gon said as he turned to head toward the work area.

"Yes, Master," Obi-Wan replied. He flashed Siri a grin and said, "Guess I'll see you tonight."

Siri grinned back, then her eyes lit up in surprise as she felt a quick touch of the force from Obi-Wan. The connection they had flickered for a moment then was quickly gone. She smiled again at him as he turned and followed Qui-Gon. Siri turned to join her master when she noticed a shadow in a slightly open door. She stopped and then took a step toward it when the door quickly slammed shut. She looked at the door a moment, wondering if she should knock but thought better of it, at least for the moment. She ran to rejoin Adi.

A little later, Siri and Adi had been meditating when they heard a timid knock on the door. Siri jumped up and opened it. The old woman who had been at the bath house stood grinning at them, beckoning them to follow her.

Adi and Siri nodded and quickly joined her, closing the door behind them. The woman lead them to the same house where Siri had seen someone closing the door earlier. When the old woman opened the door, they stepped into a house with about 8 women and several dirty, hungry looking children. The children were of various ages, from about 2 years old to the little twelve year old girl who had helped them in the bath house. She looked to be one of the oldest and was helping to take care of the younger children.

Two of the women were near the age of the old woman, the remaining six were younger. Most looked to be in their twenties but the youngest of the women looked only a few years older than Siri. She was pretty with dark hair and eyes. She approached the Jedi with a smile.

"My name is Tamah. You can work with us!"

Adi and Siri readily agreed, welcoming a chance to work and glad that they could communicate with at least one of the women.

The next few days were busy. While the men readied themselves for the meetings, the women, unseen by the men during their busy work days, gathered food and prepared the meals, taking food to the meeting house close to mealtimes and leaving it there for the men. Then they fed the younger children and put them to bed, which were mainly thin pallets on the floor. After that

13. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I don't know how I missed 3 posts :oops: and I loved their kiss. Obi-Wan is such a gentleman, but he should relax more.

I liked how they both told their masters what happened and they are committed to the Jedi and can still remain close.

Great work obimom.=D=

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the outcome for Mika and Tamah. A nice and warm post and waiting to see what happens next to Obi and Siri

15. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Loved them trying to figure out sleeping arrangements in the last post, but of course Obi is the complete gentleman :p The situation in the tribe was so heartbreaking! I'm glad it seemed to work out in the end for them. Ah, Obi and Siri... One small step forward [face_love] They've made a real connection, so sweet, but nothing can come of it. Yet ;) Looking forward to more romance!

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005

They sat at the small galley table in silence for a while, just enjoying being together again. Obi-Wan placed his hand over Siri?s, a shy smile playing over his lips.

?Is this still real? Between us I mean,? he asked her finally.

Siri nodded, feeling the warmth of his hand over her and seeing the affection evident in his eyes. ?My feelings haven?t changed,? she said.

?Qui-Gon spoke to me the evening we were rescued,? Obi-Wan finally said. ?He wondered if anything had happened. I told him, but that we are Jedi first and will not break the code. We will remain friends.? His face scrunched slightly, then relaxed. Siri knew he wished things could be different, as did she. She thought about what Tamah had whispered to her at the transport. She knew they could be together if they chose to leave the Jedi, but she also knew that wasn?t an option for either of them.

?I also spoke to Adi, and told her the same thing,? Siri said. She didn?t go into how much Adi knew because of the visions years ago.

Obi-Wan nodded. ?Qui-Gon said he trusts me to make the right decision.?

Siri nodded her head but didn?t say anything. Obi-Wan squeezed her hand lightly, then let her go.

He let her go...aw :_| . But will love find a way?

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Gkilkenny Hi Geri! Thanks for coming back!! :)

earlybird-obi-wan Thanks! Mica and Tamah's story was a last minute idea, but I decided the outcome of that story needed a little drama and a happy ending. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

serendipityaey A very good word - yet We shall see...:D

Valairy_Scot:DYour comment made me think of Ewan/Christian's singing on the elephant..."All you need is Love" "Love will find a way" etc.[face_love]

Chapter 9 "Home Again"

10 Years Later

Early morning sunlight shimmered its way across the silvery smooth surfaces of the Coruscant skyline. Golden fingers danced with sparkling light across the ever moving stream of air transports zooming through the clear morning sky, and then reached in to gently caress Siri's face as she sat, taking in the morning glory that was uniquely Coruscant. She quietly sipped her morning tea, basking in the warmth that made her face glow. She loved this time of the morning, and relished being able to enjoy it again.

She had missed Coruscant during the two years she had been away. Shoot, she missed any sunrise on any planet. Two years on a slave vessel in space with only short, violent stops here and there to cause heartbreak and chaos for the inhabitants of the planets they had landed on was not exactly the comforts of home.

Home. This was a word she had almost thought she wouldn't use again. Her mission as an undercover slaver aboard Krayne's vessel had been gruelling, filled with danger and near misses. More than once she had lain in her bunk thinking of Coruscant, the Temple, Yoda, Master Adi, Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan. How she had missed him. She had dreamed of him often, thinking of him when some unruly ship mate had tried to have his way with her. Those rude, obnoxious beings who howled at her, pinched and pawed at her and tried to corner her at an opportune moment was nothing at all like her gentle, caring, never pushy Obi-Wan. If these brutes had even a tenth of Obi-Wan's "chivalrous tendencies", as her Master had put it years ago, she would have felt a lot safer.

As it was, only her wits had saved her during those uncomfortable times. Certainly the Captain of the vessel never raised his hand to help. Krayne would just leer and laugh with them when she slapped one of them down, but thankfully he never forced her to submit to them. He just thought it was great sport to see her fight them off. Her sheer strength and stamina, and some subtle force persuasion had saved her many times. Then she would stand strong and belligerent, but inside her heart was breaking, longing to see him again and to feel his arms around her.

Once, not long after after her mission had begun, she had thought she felt him through the strange bond they shared. He was looking for her, but she couldn't respond. She had closed herself off from him, hating herself for doing so, but realizing it was far too early, and far too dangerous to bring him into it. She had to steel her mind against him and complete her mission. No matter what.

Now, two weeks had passed since she had been able to finally end the mission, to call in backup and make arrests, to free the beings who had been captured for slavery. Her most satisfying moments had been to see former slaves reunited with their loved ones. She had come home triumphant. The Council had commended her and awarded her with knighthood and then they had given her time off: time to re-acclimate to Jedi life, time to rest and greet friends and time to heal. She was seeing a mind healer regularly for awhile to deal with the emotions, danger and actions she had experienced while being on a pirate ship.

She had been disappointed when she had returned home to the happy, welcoming arms of Master Adi and other friends to find that Obi-Wan's arms was not among them. He was away on a short mission.

She had spent a long evening talking with Garen who had fill filled her in on everything that had happened to Obi-Wan.

She had been deeply saddened to learn t

18. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    I loved seeing the outcome that Qui-Gon got for the women of the village, and their excitement at getting to choose their mates. I also love seeing energetic young Anakin in this, and seeing how he'll interact with Obi-Wan and his friends. This reunion should be very fun. Awesome updates--looking forward to more.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love this new post with Siri's thoughts on Obi-Wan
    and Obi's on Siri

It will be a nice surprise to see Siri again

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    After putting away their gear, Anakin was jumping around the room, bouncing off the furniture and chanting, ?We?re home! We?re home!" In his energetic romp through the room, he suddenly stopped and faced Obi-Wan. "Master!?

?What? And stop bouncing off the furniture. You?re an eleven year old Padawan.?

Anakin stood still, offended. ?I?m nearly twelve!? he said indignantly. ?In two weeks!?

?Then act like it! Now what do you want??

?Can I go see if Tru is home??

"May I."

"Yes, Master. May I go see if Tru is home?"

Obi-Wan paused, then nodded. ?Sure, go ahead. Just be back in time for evening meal.?

Anakin shouted ?Yay!? and bounded out of their quarters.

Obi-Wan sighed. ?I?m still young,? he thought.?I shouldn?t be this tired. Maybe I should try bouncing off the furniture..,it might do me some good.?

He grinned at the thought. ?What would Siri think...? he stopped, sadness gripping him for a moment.

?Siri.?

Obi-Wan sounds so parental here, it's cute. So is Anakin, bouncing all around.[face_love] Maybe Obi-Wan SHOULD try bouncing for himself and rediscover his youth and energy.[face_laugh]

Then he gets all sad at the thought of his lost friend. [:D] Don't worry, Obi, I bet you've got a nice surprise coming up.

21. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I cant believe i had missed this wonderful fic! :oops: but i'm really happy to have found it. I'm a Siriwan fan, and quite proud of it :p

I cant wait to see Obi-Wan's reaction when he sees Siri [face_love]. Bad, bad Garen for keeping it from him that she returned [face_laugh], but then again, Garen was always a bit mischievous, wasnt he? :p

I'm looking forward to the next update [face_dancing]

22. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Maybe a dose of sleeping pills will fix Anakin and calm him down. Poor Obi-Wan saddled with a small bag of jumping beans.
    I'm sure his outlook will get a boost when he sees Siri.[face_love]

23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Luna_Nightshade Thank you! I'm happy you liked the outcome of their Predicament with the women. It took me a while to figure that one out. :)

earlybird-obi-wan Thanks! Yes, a nice surprise indeed. I didn't think about it at the time, but you're right, the last chapter was a split of Siri thinking about Obi-Wan, then vise versa...wow...how clever of me...[face_blush]

Valairy_Scot Thanks, Val. Very cute indeed...[face_blush] What? Obi has a surprise coming? Where did you hear that?..[face_whistling] :D

Veloz Thanks for finding this!! I hope you continue to enjoy it!! Yes, I think of Garen as a good and very mischievous friend of Obi's ;)

GkilkennyThanks, Geri...Siri will be just what Obi needs...[face_love]

This is one of the harder chapters I've worked on...and I thought the mission with the women was difficult, but I ended up splitting this chapter in two parts, so here is the first part a little shorter than usual.

I want to again say how much I really, really appreciate Val's help on this. She is so good about pushing me to think more creatively on my chapters. Some of the dialogue and parts of some of the scenes in this chapter (and in many parts of the story) are from Val..I may have reworked them to my way of writing it, but she has given me many good suggestions on how to make the chapters better and more enjoyable to read. Without her help to make my stories shine, I'd have a pretty dull piece of work. Thank you, Val. [face_dancing] @};- @};-

(Hope I didn't embarrass you with my "gushing"..)[face_blush]

Now, on with the story:

Chapter 10 Surprise! Part 1

Obi-Wan and Anakin exited the lifts on Garen's floor, laughing at a joke Anakin had told. Obi-Wan had decided earlier that not every moment had to be a teaching moment, so he had relaxed his usual "Masterly" demeanor a little and had allowed Anakin to be himself for a little while without lecture or rebuke.

"Anakin is really a delightful boy," Obi-Wan mused to himself. "If I could only just relax once in a while with him."

Being the Master of the "Chosen One" was not an easy task and Obi-Wan realized that with the burden of that knowledge he all too often used a rather heavy hand when dealing with Anakin.

Anakin was chattering away about a light saber drill he had participated in when Obi-Wan slowed his pace and then stopped, a sudden apprehension gripping him. He took a few short, panting breaths; feeling as though someone had just punched him. Obi-Wan glanced around and saw no one. He stretched out with the force but couldn't feel anything definitive, just the usual quiet bustle of Temple life.

"Where did that come from?" he wondered to himself. Whatever this sudden apprehension was, it was very elusive. Not really a warning, more like an anticipation of something, but whether good or bad he could not tell.

"Master! What's wrong?"

Obi-Wan looked at Anakin and noted the boy's face pinched with concern. He took a deep breath, blew it out and smiled at him.

"I'm fine, Anakin. I just had...I don't know..a funny feeling, thats all."

"Oh, one of your 'bad feelings,' right?" Anakin face relaxed, then smirked into a teasing grin. "If you're afraid to eat Master Garen's dinner, we can go down to the dining room."

"There is no fear," came Obi-Wan's automated reply.

Blast! There I go again. Obi-Wan grinned and tugged Anakin's braid. "Except when it comes to Garen's cooking, that is."

He then chuckled softly. "We've survived questionable cuisine before, we'll survive it again."

At Anakin's appreciative giggle, Obi-Wan added, "Besides, it wasn't exactly a 'bad feeling'. It's just...well, it almost feels like I'm going to see someone, or someone may need me..someone I haven't seen in a long time. I don't know, it's very vague."

There! He felt it again, and this time he thought he sensed something..a presence he hadn't felt in a long time. It had spiked for a moment, and now was gone. Could it be? He glanced around again,

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    cliffie[face_mischief] but great fun how Obi-Wan's friends are leading him to;) .

Loved the interaction

25. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    It's nice to see Obi-Wan relax a bit and set aside the "master" role; I'm sure Anakin appreciates it, too. Loved how Anakin was hanging onto all of Reeft's tales of derring do - but then, young boys just aren't charmed by Obi-Wan's character and voice (looks aren't bad, either). They want knights and princesses, pirates and dragons.

As for your flattery...ahem [face_blush] - you're fun to push beyond your comfortable boundaries because you are so willing to be pushed. None of us grow if not challenged and poked and prodded - oh, eventually that stick has to be returned (burn it; the ash should weigh loss and be cheaper to mail than the big ol' limb you started with).