main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ?The Gift?, MMM

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ginchy, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Title: The Gift
    Author: ginchy
    Disclaimer: I don?t own these characters, unless their action figures count.
    Rating: PG
    Characters: Luke, Mara, Jaryn, Lin, Ben, Varina (new OC)
    Notes: Welcome to MMM V! Thank you all for reading. This is in answer to the MMM challenge, to be listed at the end of the piece. Special thanks to Jade_Pilot for allowing me to borrow her wonderful galaxy and characters from My Brother, Myself and divapilot for allowing me to mention her terrific galaxy and characters from The Keeper of Memories: The Journal of Alida Maritin. I can only hope I did these characters justice! I love their stories and am honored they?d let me play with their creations. Preeni Pi is my OC, but I do wish she were canon. ;) Hope you all enjoy this tale and Happy Holidays! [:D]

?You shouldn?t have, Mom,? Jaryn Skywalker said, standing at his door and dubiously accepting the sealed food containers his mother handed him. ?Really. You [i]shouldn?t[/i] have??

?Impudent boy,? Mara Skywalker said, grabbing his chin and pinching her fingers together in a light pull. She stood aside to let her husband enter with a stack of gifts in each arm. ?And I didn?t. These--and the mound of gifts in your father?s right hand--are from your hold-parents.?

Jaryn?s lips turned up in a smile over his slightly reddened chin. ?That?s great-- Lin?s been mooning around here saying she?s craving Alida?s cooking. We?ll have to go and visit them soon.?

Luke Skywalker finished placing his pile of gifts near the lighted festival tree and returned to the entrance way, and smiled fondly at his daughter-in-law as she waddled over to join them. ?You haven?t taken her to Alida?s to calm those cravings yet?? he directed his comment at his son. ?Your mother would have throttled me for less.?

?I have throttled you for less,? Mara said to her husband, impish glee in her green eyes.

?You should listen to your father,? Lin cut in, her belly reaching them just before she did. ?He?s a very wise man.?

?Must be all the throttling,? Jaryn mused.

Lin shook her head, grinning. She looked eagerly at the container in his hands. ?So, it?s from your hold-mother? What is it??

?Steak estat,? Luke answered in place of his son. ?My favorite. And also a chor-cake.?

?Oh, that spicy steak?? Lin made a grab for the container, but was foiled when her husband held it up just out of her reach.

She gave him a dark look. ?You?re very close to that throttling your mother talked about.?

?I think I?ll live.? Jaryn winked at her and walked into the dining room with the containers.

?That?s what he thinks,? she muttered, following after him.

?She reminds me somewhat of you,? Luke said, taking his wife?s hand to follow in their son and daughter-in-law?s wake.

Mara smiled proudly. ?She?s what he needs.?

Raising her hand to his mouth, Luke brushed his mouth lightly across her knuckles. ?I know the feeling.?

?All right you two,? Jaryn said, sticking his head back out into the hall, ?break it up. You?ll be grandparents soon.?

?You?re in trouble if you think you?ll not want to kiss your wife by the time you?re a grandparent,? Luke advised.

Straightening from where she was dishing out a small portion of steak, Lin gave her husband a look. ?You?ll want to answer that one very carefully,? she teased. Taking a bite of the steak, she moaned appreciatively.

?I think I could say anything right now, and you?d remain happy,? Jaryn remarked, attempting and failing to steal a bite from his wife?s plate.

?Speaking of happy,? Mara cut in, pulling out and settling into one of the dining table chairs, ?have you spoken to your brother today? He seemed practically ready to levitate through the holocom when he calle

2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!! Only you could write this fic, ginchy lee!!! I love the story and how you introduced Ben's fiance. She is definitely one of the Skywalkers! I laughed all through this with the funny quips from everyone.

See? A sequel and I didn't have to write it!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Bravo! =D=

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Beautiful. Funny! Marvelous! =D= =D=
    Ilora... perfect and gorgeous name!!! Very musical!!! SQUGGLES for the family yumsiness!!!

4. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Is it Monday? And a MMM no less?!?!? :eek: "I'm out of it for a little while and..." LOL! Excellent story, my friend. One of your best yet and that is saying something, twin. I love Ben, Alida (one of the coolest OCs EVER) and that Luke and Mara become grandparents. *sighs* What might have been... @};- Lovely work!

5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh, Ginchy!!:D I LOVED this! You have this family down pat.

It's so nice to see Jaryn and Lin again, and now a new addition to the family! And thank you for being so sweet to my Alida. That's exactly what she would have done for them -- and to make them Ben and Jaryn's holdparents!![face_love]

?I don?t have a charm,? Mara said, looking at her husband.

Luke smiled. ?I have all the charm you need my love,? he said, giving her a quick kiss.

So cute!

This is the way it should be. No, I take it back. This is the way it IS. Everything else is AU.@};-

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    That was great, I loved it. [face_love]

7. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Oooh, me likes. :D Jaryn and Lin sound awesome. Now have to go read the prequel to this. And I love Varina. She fits perfectly in the Skywalker fold. The baby was precious and has the Skywalker timing down pat ;) :p

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm a big pile of happy mush right now! [face_love] [face_laugh]

?What are you doing on the HoloNet?? he asked, as the door slid shut behind him.

?Uploading nude holos of you, dear,? she answered, never turning to face him.

?Well, as long as we get a good price,? Jaryn said. ?We do still need to finish decorating the nursery.?

But as usual, my warped and dirty mind picked up on this and it became my favorite passage! :D

=D=

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Jade_Pilot: Thanks, gal!! Yes, I really wanted a sequel because I loved your Skywalker family that much! Thanks for letting me write it, but I still wouldn?t mind one from you? [face_batting]

Jade_eyes: Thank you! I?m glad you liked Ilora?took me awhile to come up with that!

MirandaFair: Hey, twinnie!! You made it in on a GREAT day! hee! Thank you so much?you?re always so sweet to me. I?m glad you liked my take on JP?s OC?s and diva?s, too!

divapilot: Hey, lady! Meesa missa yousa. ;) Thanks so much?I loved the idea of Alida and Bruno being Ben and Jaryn?s holdparents. That?s the first thing I thought of when reading JP?s story! This is the way it should be. No, I take it back. This is the way it IS. Everything else is AU. YES, MA?AM! *cheers* I think that should be my motto. LOL!

moosemousse: Thank you! :D

J_M_Bulldog: Thanks for peeking in! Do read JP?s fabulous story! And, yes, little Ilora continues the tradition of bad Skywalker timing and unforgettable entrances. [face_laugh]

VaderLVR64: Welll, who wouldn?t want to see those holos? ;) [face_mischief] Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for reading! [:D]

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was wonderful

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I loved how welcoming the Skywalkers were to Varina and Ilora's birth was the perfect way to end the day.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    WOW!!! Ginchy that was splendiferous!! Absolutley wonderful!!! So cute and mushy and sweet, and the banter was awesome!!

Sorry it took me so long to get to it! I had to read Jade_pilot's wonderful "My brother, myself" which I somehow missed...and then i got to yours!!! And it made so much more sense that way, too. ;)

Marvelous!!!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

12. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    ?Thank you, Master Skywalker,? Varina Darran said in her low, smoky voice, shaking his hand firmly. ?It?s wonderful to see you again, as well.?

?None of that,? Luke winked. ?Please, call me Luke.?

?Or ?annoying?,? Mara laughed, elbowing him out of the way with a smile. ?Hello,? she said to the younger woman. ?And make sure you call me Mara.?

That was a moment worth a true laugh out loud. I obliged. :D

?Go on,? Jaryn called out. ?Open it. I can sense your anticipation.?

Ben looked at Varina. ?Don?t worry. You learn to tune him out after awhile.?

HAHAHA!!!! I've got a brother or two like that, myself. :p

I especially appreciated the mention of 'Preeni Pi', having just finished reading 'Daddy's Secret Vice'. :-B

I also think you truly did Jade_Pilot's character's justice, whish I was very glad to see. It was lovely to read more about them. :)

Wonderful viggie, ginchy! I thank you for writing it. I had a grand ol' time reading it.:D

13. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Love this 'new' Skywalker family! [face_love] Wonderful job incorporating Jaryn, Lin, Alida and your adorable OC. =D=

Coffee-spew moment:

?What are you doing on the HoloNet?? he asked, as the door slid shut behind him.

?Uploading nude holos of you, dear,? she answered, never turning to face him.

?Well, as long as we get a good price,? Jaryn said. ?We do still need to finish decorating the nursery.?

Lovely warm story on a cold, gray afternoon! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.