main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Gift of a Destiny (JA slight AU) Updated- The Results are in! 11/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by starlight_kenobi, Aug 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Jeez, Do I have great timing or what? I just finshed posting, and now you guys start asking "Why?" [face_laugh] It figures. :)

2. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Ohhhhh... good so far! I'm looking forward to the little girl getting a name, and finding out what happens to her!

Is baby Obi going to make a guest appearence? ?[face_plain] :)

I'll check back in for new posts!

:D

3. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Hmmm.... Jedi_Laura_Kenobi, I think you're on to something. :) I was planning on having Obi-Wan make an appearance in this story sooner or later. Hmmmm.... *trails off thinking*

As for a name I already have one for her :D She'll be getting it soon enough. Be warned though it's not hard to guess :) Except for her last name, last completely new( as far as I know.)

4. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Good posts. :)

5. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Here's Chapter 5. Hope you guys like it :D

----------------

Chapter 5

-----------

Four weeks later

-----------

Although he had agreed with his padawan Qui-Gon felt there was nothing he could do. The council had been set in their decision. Now it was four weeks later, and still no one had claimed the child. She had become a favorite among the nursery workers, known for her good temper. The council was still set in their decision, but it seemed now that they were more reluctant to let the girl go. She had shown exceptional abilities in the force and an extremely powerful will. One day, about two weeks after she had arrived, she had even used the Force to levitate a bottle to her. It was plain to see that she should have been trained. But, as usual, the council seemed to see something everyone else didn?t, and they still refused her training.

Qui-Gon and Xanatos had decided not to go on any missions until the girl was gone. Now, they both spent every free minute they had with the girl. Xanatos was even becoming a regular around the nursery. He would often show up wanting to volunteer, but then he would spend the entire time with the girl. Qui-Gon was growing increasingly attached to the girl himself. He didn?t want to let her go, especially after seeing how much potential she had. The fact that she also seemed to bring out the best in his apprentice didn?t hurt either. He had never seen Xanatos smile as much as he did when he was with girl. Qui-Gon felt himself starting to love the little child, and often had to remind himself that she would be leaving soon. Reminding himself of that fact nearly broke his heart.

It was his attachment to the girl, and twelve hours of meditating, that had led him to his decision. He had never known himself to back down from the council when he felt strongly about something, and he definitely felt strongly about this. The girl would be leaving tomorrow, but he refused to let her go so easily.

--------------------

By now the council chambers were becoming the girls second home, so when Qui-Gon carried her in again the next day she wasn?t phased at all. Xanatos, on the other hand seemed to dislike the place beyond belief. He stood straighter and became twice as tense as usual. He knew that today was the last day the girl would be at the temple, so he didn?t see why the council would back down now. Unbeknownst to him though, was the fact that the council hadn?t called this meeting, Master Qui-Gon had.

Master Yoda spoke up quickly and without any preliminaries. "Wondering, we are, why you asked to see us. Told you before, we have, that our decision is final. Change our minds, you will not." Many of the other masters nodded in agreement, they were puzzled about the purpose of this meeting as well.

"I do not wish to change your minds masters. Quite the contrary, I agree with what you said a month ago." Master Qui-Gon nodded. "I agree so much so that I have come to a very important decision. I am going to adopt the girl. After all you did say that if "parents" did not claim her she would have to leave, not necessarily her parents. So I am going to adopt the child and make her my daughter, that way she may be trained."

For a moment no one spoke, it seemed that most of the masters were shocked. Xanatos nearly jumped from pure excitement, the girl would be trained, his master had used the council?s own words against them. Two of the masters though didn?t seem at all surprised. Master Yoda and Master Windu turned to each other and nodded. Master Yoda seemed to be holding back a smile. This time he nodded to Qui-Gon. "Allow you to adopt the girl, we will. Trained, she will be."

---------------------------

For now that's all she wrote. I may have time to get another post up later but I'm not sure...*crosses fingers*

6. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
  7. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Hi everyone! I finished another post, Yeah :D Well, here it is. Enjoy!
    -----------------

An hour later Qui-Gon, Xanatos, and the girl stood outside the orphanage. Qui-Gon held the girl in his arms, and Xanatos held the data-pad containing the newly written adoption papers. Qui-Gon was smiling wider than Xanatos had ever seen him smile. The master seemed totally absorbed in the fact that he now had a daughter. Xanatos didn?t mind though, he cared about the girl as much as his master did. He was happy that he didn?t have to say good-bye to the little girl. She was the only one, aside from his master, that he felt understood him. "There is still one thing missing, master." Xanatos looked up at the man. "She still needs a name."

"I know, padawan. She will have a name. I just need to think of an appropriate one." He cooed at the girl who, in turn, smiled and laughed. "Come, padawan, we should head back to the temple."

"Yes, master."

-----------------

That night, Xanatos sat outside with the little girl on his lap. She seemed mesmerized by all of the passing hover-cars. Each time one would go by she would follow it with her entire body. More than once, Xanatos had to move quickly to keep the girl from jumping out of his arms. On one occasion the little girl threw herself backwards to follow a passing taxi. As Xanatos steadied her again, it seemed that something else had caught her eye. She looked upward and started pointing and laughing. "Yes, little one, those are stars," Xanatos explained to her. "They shine on us from the sky." The little girl held out her arms and seemed to be trying to catch one of the stars. Xanatos laughed, "No, little one you can?t catch the stars."

The little girl looked at him for a moment in what seemed to be disbelief. Then she looked back up again. Xanatos looked up as well. It was a clearer night on Coruscant than it usually was. The stars shone brightly as they shimmered and twinkled like diamonds in the navy blue sky. "I can see why you like the starlight so much, little one. It is very beautiful." Again the girl held out her arms to the sky and tried to catch the stars. Xanatos smiled, "Master Yoda always says ?Do or do not, there is no try?. I think he?s wrong, it certainly looks to me like you are trying very hard." Suddenly, a thought occurred to him. "I think I have the perfect name for you, little one." He stood up and walked back inside with the girl in his arms. "Let?s go find Master Qui-Gon, and I?ll see what he thinks."

----------------

Master Yoda and Qui-Gon walked along a path in the Room of a Thousand Fountains. "Admit it, master," Qui-Gon was saying, "you knew I wouldn?t just let the girl go. You knew from the very beginning."

Master Yoda sat down on a low bench beside his favorite fountain. "Had an idea, I did. Knew for sure though, I did not."

Qui-Gon smiled, "Well, I?m glad you didn?t just allow the girl to be trained; if you had, I probably wouldn?t have adopted her. I have only been a father for a few hours, and already I like the feeling. I?m already envisioning training with her when she?s older."

"Make a good father, I think you will, Qui-Gon. But be sure not to neglect your duties, you must."

"Of course not, master."

"Thought of a name, have you? A name, the girl must have."

"Not just yet I haven?t thought of a name, master. But I?m sure I?ll think of one soon enough."

Just then Xanatos came walking up the path toward them. He was holding the girl and smiling proudly. He stopped in front of the pair, and bowed. \\He must have some good news to share, if he?s being polite to Master Yoda. Then again, the girl is no longer an issue of disagreement between them.\\ Qui-Gon?s thoughts were interrupted by Xanatos. "Master Yoda, Master Qui-Gon I wish to inform you that I have thought of a name for the girl."

"That?s wonderful, padawan," Qui-Gon interceded. "What is it?"

"Well, I think her name should be Starlight Tryinne Jinn."

"Starlight Tryinne

8. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Geez, I have to UP! my own story.... its kinda sad really :) At least now anyone who missed the last post can read it.

9. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    Very good work! Post more soon!

10. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
  11. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    more pleaseeeee :D

12. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    HI EVERYONE! :D Just thought I'd drop in and tell you about the next part I'm working on. :) So far, the next story is going to be set when Starlight is 8 years-old. I'm going to tell you what happened during the time in between through flashbacks and reminiscing. So, does that sound alright? Hope so. (but just to let you know it's not to late to make revisions) ;)

13. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
    Sounds fine. :)

14. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    WHOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! There's going to be a sequel!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! :)

Starlight Tryinne Jinn - I like that! Sweet little Qui-Gon's 'daughter'...

Can't wait for more! :D

15. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Well, here's Chapter One of my new story :D I hope you guys like it. I haven't decided what to call it yet, but I'll tell you when I do. I'm gonna keep posting here so it's easier for you guys to keep track of this story, but I might make a new topic for it when I think of a title. Enjoy! :)

----------------
    Chapter 1

----------------

The lightsabers moved gracefully through the air as their owners spun, attacked, whirled, and twirled in a series of movements that made up the dance that was the battle. Red clashed against a blue so pale that it was almost white. The sound of breathing wasn?t even audible over the humming of the blades. Both fighters seemed to move to a rhythm that only they could hear. The battle had been going on for an hour now but neither one showed any signs of tiring. Suddenly, the owner of the red blade brought their saber down in a graceful arch which caught the other fighter off guard. The blade came within millimeters of touching the fighter?s neck before it stopped. Both fighters stood motionless for a moment, then, simultaneously, they withdrew their weapons. With a hiss, both fighters deactivated their weapons, and removed their blindfolds.

"You have improved, Little One." Xanatos looked approvingly down at the girl in front of him.

"I told you not to call me that, Xani." Starlight looked up at her opponent and smiled. "I?m not a little kid any more."

It was true, over the past eight years Xanatos had watched Starlight grow into a great apprentice. She was already taking saber training with students five years older than she was. She was also a natural at any sort of gymnastics that came her way, which gave her an advantage during battle. She was also beginning to become pretty. Although he had only adopted her, Xanatos thought that Starlight looked a lot like Qui-Gon. In fact, she wore her dark blonde hair exactly the way he did, and her navy blue eyes shined just like his. They both had the same serious nature, although Starlight liked to make jokes and smile more than Qui-Gon. She could have easily passed for his natural daughter.

"Xani, what are you thinking about?" Starlight questioned. "You have the strangest look on your face right now. I can?t quite pick up on what your feeling either. Are you daydreaming about some girl."

"No, Stari, I?m not." Xanatos pulled on his shoulder length black hair. "I was just wondering when I?m going to be able to take the trials."

"But, you?re only twenty Xani. How could you take the trials?"

"Age doesn?t matter as much as ability does."

"I guess you?re right, Xani."

Inside Xanatos smiled at the nickname. It reminded him of when Starlight was smaller. [What reminds you of when I was smaller, Xani?] Starlight?s voice entered his mind through the Force. "I was just thinking of why you started calling me ?Xani?." He laughed as he started to think back to when the girl was still a baby.

---------

Starlight had only been at the temple a year when she had started talking. At first, some thought she would be mute, but the truth was she simply didn?t need to talk. Since everyone around her could use the Force she started using it to tell them what she needed, rather than screaming to her heart?s content. One day though, when Qui-Gon and Xanatos had been visiting her she finally spoke.

"Xanitoes, Ki-Gon." She had laughed and giggled when Qui-Gon and Xanatos turned shocked faces to her.

"What did you say?" Qui-Gon had picked up the girl and looked her in the eye. "Can you say that again Stari?"

The girl simply pulled on his hair and repeated, "Ki-Gon."

Xanatos took the girl from his shocked master. "What?s my name, Little One?"

The girl laughed again, "Xanitoes."

"That?s Xanatos, Little One," he corrected. "Xan-a-tos." He extended each syllable and slowly said his name. Starlight frowned for a moment and repeated simply, "Xani."

"Okay, Starlight, you can call me Xani, and I?ll call

16. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
  17. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  18. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    I finally got chapter 2 done. Woohoo! :D Sorry it took so long, I had to memorize a speech, study for Algebra 2, and get over my writer's block :mad: Needless to say I was busy. Well, enough of my complaining, here it is, Enjoy!

-----------

Chapter 2

-----------

Unlike most of the students at the Temple, Starlight enjoyed being alone. She found meditating relaxing and invigorating. Sometimes, when she had an hour away from classes, she would go down to the lake level simply to sit at the top of the highest waterfall and meditate. It was true she enjoyed swimming just like the others, but she wasn?t a very social person. Most of the initiates her own age didn?t know what to make of her, so she kept to herself. For the most part she simply wished to be accepted, but training didn?t give her much time. She wanted to be Xanatos?s apprentice, and she believed the only way she could do that was to fulfill her true potential; even if it made her an outcast.

It wasn?t very often when Xanatos and Master Qui-Gon were at the Temple long enough for her to enjoy their company. This week was one of those few times, and she was spending all her time with her favorite people, her surrogate family. All during the week she stayed in their apartment on the couch just so she didn?t miss a moment with them.

She had often wondered why they took such good care of her, spent so much time with her. She was just a normal apprentice, but they treated her differently. Once she had asked Master Qui-Gon that very question after a very trying experience??..

---------------------

When she was five years old, she had overheard some of the other initiates talking. They had been arguing over whose family had been more powerful.

"My father was a senator. We lived in a big house, with a huge garden." The little boy who had said this puffed out his chest at a little girl.

"Oh yeah? Well, my mother and father were advisors to the royal family. We lived in the royal palace. We even wore the same clothes as the royal family." The girl threw out her chin proudly.

Each of the children that had been watching threw in their versions of who their families had been. Then, one of them noticed that Starlight hadn?t spoken up yet. A human boy who looked about her age turned to her. "What was your family like?" He looked nice enough, but Starlight wasn?t sure if she could trust him.

"I don?t know. I? I can?t remember them." Starlight hung her head slightly.

Another child spoke up, it was the boy who had first been arguing. He had white hair and shocking ice blue eyes. "What do you mean you can?t remember them?"

"I just don?t remember them. I was too little to remember them when I was brought to the Temple." Starlight was starting to get nervous. Up until then she had thought it was normal to not remember your parents.

Whispers had run through the group of children, the boy spoke up again. "Too little? Wait a second, I heard about you. You?re the orphan the Temple took in just because they felt sorry for you. You don?t even deserve to be a Jedi like us."

"That was mean, Bruck," The other little boy spoke up again. "You?re not supposed to be so mean to other people." Starlight never caught his name, she was running too fast to hear what else was said.

--------------

\\He has to be lying. I am a Jedi. I?m supposed to be here.\\ Tears had been streaming quickly down her face when she reached the door to Xanatos?s apartment. She knocked softly on the door and waited for it to open. To her surprise, Master Qui-Gon had opened it rather than Xanatos. She didn?t pause to question herself, and simply threw herself against him.

The big Jedi kneeled down to her level. "What?s the matter, Starlight? Are you alright?" He had gently patted her on the head and led her inside. They sat down on the couch, and he had placed Starlight on his knee. She wiped at her eyes, and tried to calm herself.

"Master Qui-Gon, I?m supposed to be a Jedi right? I?m

19. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Great so far!!!!!! :D

"'That was mean, Bruck,' The other little boy spoke up again. "You?re not supposed to be so mean to other people." Starlight never caught his name, she was running too fast to hear what else was said." - OBI-WAN!!!!!!!!! :) :p

I can't wait for more! Sorry I missed a post! :)

20. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
  21. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Jedi_Laura_Kenobi I just can't get anything past you can I? ;) Thanks, I hope to use that scene later in another story. It's not baby Obi-Wan but it's pretty close. :)

Thanks starwarsfan1000!

Everyone around here is so nice. :)

22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    more more more :)

23. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    I need more too!

24. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Nope, nothing gets past me! :p :D

Yeah, everyone is very nice around here! But this IS a really good story so I'm sure that helps! :)

Looking forward to the next post! Post soon? Please? :D

25. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    HI all! :) Here's another post for you. It might be a while before the next post :( but please be patient. Well, Enjoy! :D

----------

Chapter 3

-----------------

Xanatos walked slowly down the temple corridors. He had gotten a nearly perfect score on his preliminary tests. He wasn?t sure why he hadn?t been given the full trials. He was sure he was ready to be a full Jedi Knight. Then, he would be able to take Starlight as his apprentice. \\This is all Yoda?s fault. He still doubts me. I?ll show him.\\

Xanatos hadn?t been easy to train, his quick temper got him in trouble a lot. He still wasn?t good at managing his anger. Starlight had helped teach him patience. No matter what he said to her when he was angry she always forgave him. She looked up to him too much to let a few slip-ups make her doubt him. He loved that about her. She was like a little sister to him. He spent more time with her than anyone his own age. She was loyal to him no matter what. \\That will be an excellent quality when she is my apprentice. Total, complete, loyalty.\\

When she was younger Starlight was often torn between following the rules and staying loyal to Xanatos. Sometimes without saying anything she would give him away. Once, when Xanatos had gotten into a fight with another initiate, Starlight had been present. She had been four at the time and already was set at following the rules; so, when she was asked who had started the fight, she didn?t know what to say. Should she tell the truth and give Xanatos away, or lie and keep him out of trouble? She had looked at Xanatos questioningly, and in that instant given him away. Master Qui-Gon had been watching the girl and noticed the look. Xanatos had been confined to his quarters for a week. Starlight was crushed, but after a short talk with Qui-Gon, understood that staying true to her heart was better than staying loyal. Still, later she had apologized to Xanatos, and made sure he wasn?t mad at her. He hadn?t been, and after that Starlight simply walked away whenever she was sure Xanatos was going to get into a fight.

\\Starlight would never betray me. I?m sure of it.\\ Xanatos looked forward to becoming a full Jedi Knight. Then he would realize his destiny.

-------------------

Starlight dodged another shot, and brought her blade down upon the droid floating above her head. It hissed and cackled as her blade passed through it. Then, with a thud it hit the ground.

"Good. Good. Well, you did, Starlight. Improving, you are." Master Yoda stood nearby and watched as the girl deactivated her saber and removed her blindfold.

"Thank you, Master Yoda. I?ve been working hard lately." Starlight wiped the sweat off her forehead and kneeled in front of the Master. She liked talking to Master Yoda, he seemed nice enough to her. She didn?t understand why Xanatos didn?t like him.

"Noticed your hard wok, I have. Wondering, I am, why training so hard you are."

"I just thought that I should be ready for when Xanatos becomes a full knight. I think he?s going to take me as his apprentice." Starlight?s eyes seemed to shine as she said this. She decided to ignore the slight snort that came from the small Master. "I still don?t understand why you don?t like Xanatos, Master Yoda. He?s like a big brother to me."

"Anger, I sense in him. Too much pride as well. Good, these things are not. A better Master, I think you deserve."

Starlight was taken aback by the Master?s sharp words. "Xanatos is my friend, Master Yoda. We work well together. I think he?ll make a good master for me." She paused for a moment. "Master Yoda, I wish you would give him a chance."

"Given him a chance, I have. A true Jedi, he is not. A true Jedi, you are. Wish a better master for you than him, I will. Different paths, your destinies are on." Master Yoda sighed. "Said too much, I have. Come. Have lunch with Master Qui-Gon, we will."

Starlight was saddened by the Master?s words. She looked up to Master Yoda. She decided to take his w

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.