main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Gift of a Destiny (JA slight AU) Updated- The Results are in! 11/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by starlight_kenobi, Aug 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    I'm delurking to say I LOVE THIS STORY! I've been following it for awhile, I've just been too lazy to post. This is amazing stuff, starlight_kenobi! I hope to see more soon!

2. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  3. _Cerasi_

_Cerasi_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    good posts. I have no idea where you got the quote from. It's a good one, though.

4. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Man, I don't know about that quote...

TELL US!!!!! :p ;) :D

5. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Thanks Everyone!!! [face_blush] :) :D That means alot to me. Oh, thanks Jedi Obi-Wan it's nice to be able to delurk people. :) As for the regulars... You guys know your support keeps me writing. :) I can't thank you enough. :D

Anyways enough of the sappy stuff... [face_blush]

Tell you the answer... ?[face_plain] :p Well... Nah.... [face_devil] :p ;) :D [face_laugh] Well... Maybe I will give you a BIG hint.., (it is a hard one to guess... :) )

Well, here's the hint: Do any of you know who "The Bard" is??? I got this quote from something of his I'm reading for one of my classes.

Good Luck!!!

6. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    GREAT STARLIGHT!!! When will we see more?

7. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Hey guys! :) Sorry it took me so long to post but I've been kinda busy lately. Plus...

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :D :D :D WOOOHOOO!

Ahem! [face_blush] Well, here goes the next post. Enjoy!

----------------

Chapter 11

---------

Xanatos sat in front of the holo-com in Crion?s office. He had been able to sneak back into the mansion without Qui-Gon noticing. \\The old fool was probably brooding over me. He won?t have too much longer before he finds out what I?m really made of.\\

Xanatos pressed a few buttons on unit, but nothing happened. "Darn, I hate these units. You can never tell when they?re going to work or not."

Finally, the unit came to life. A pleasant feminine voice spoke. "Please enter your com coordinates now." Xanatos pressed in the number for Telor. "Thank you. Please wait while your transmission is being sent."

Xanatos crossed his arms impatiently. \\Can?t this thing work any faster? Come on.\\ He looked down at the time. \\It?s almost eleven o?clock. I have to contact them soon.\\

The unit beeped, and a miniature version of the representative of Telor shot forth. He was a middle aged man with a regal sense about him.

"I am Silino Meorld, representative of Telor. To whom am I speaking?"

Xanatos bowed slightly. "I am Xanatos, son of Crion, and a Jedi knight."

Silino raised an eyebrow but continued talking. "How may I help you? Xanatos?"

"I wished to inform you that the meeting today has been canceled."

"Canceled? Crion called for these negotiations and then he canceled them? Why?" Surprise as well as suspicion showed plainly on Silino?s face.

"I am afraid Crion isn?t feeling well. He will contact you to reschedule the negotiations though, I assure you."

"Why should I believe you?"

Xanatos raised his hand. On his finger sat a ring made of the finest minerals of Telor. A golden mineral held a blue stone in the shape of Telos?s symbol. It was Crion?s finest ring. Xanatos smiled. "Does this convince you?"

Silino nodded. "Yes. I will await your conformation of a new meeting date and time."

"We will contact you as soon as possible." The transmission link went dead. He reached over and pressed a button on the machine. The lights stopped blinking.

"You did well? son." Crion stepped out of the shadows an evil grin on his face.

Xanatos smiled and tossed Crion his ring. "I?m glad you think so father. Looks like we won?t have any unwanted guests."

Crion crossed the room and placed an arm around his son?s shoulder. "Let?s go get lunch to celebrate. Soon we?ll control Telor and all of it?s resources. Then, we will be all powerful in the republic."

"Sounds like fun, father." The two walked out of the room confident of their success.

As the door closed, an eerie silence settled over the room. After a moment though, the silence was pierced by a familiar female voice. "Messages recorded."

---------------------

Well.. :) What did ya think? Oh by the way "The Bard" is Shakespeare. I got that line from one of his plays. It wasn't an actual line, but it was the basic idea behind the play. :) :) No riddles in this post though. Sorry! :p I'm sure you're so disappointed. ;)

8. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Great work. :)

I'm glad I finally caught up with this story. I'm really staring to worry about Starlight! What will happen to her?

9. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
  10. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Well Happy Birthday!! :D So how old are you now... or shouldn't I ask? ;)

I recognized your Bard hint as being Shakespear, but couldn't find the quote in any of my quote books or sites. What play is it from? It sounds a bit like Lear, but I suspect I'm off.

Back to the story. After all this time I can't believe Xani is going to betray Qui-Gon. (sob) Does he really think killing Qui will get him Starlight? Well, you know what they say, You always hurt the one you love. :)

11. _Cerasi_

Aug 23, 2001
    Happy birthday, and great post. I eagerly await more. :)

I knew you meant Shakespeare with "the Bard", I just don't know much about him. Which play was that from?

12. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Thanks everyone! :) :D

No Abbi_Cee you're not off! You got it!

Like I said it wasn't a direct quote. It was from Lear. I just finished reading it. For those of you who haven't read it: one of the character loses his eyes and tells a friend how he sees more clearly blind than he did with eyes. I thought that fit into the story... so I put it in.

Oh and by the way... I am not afraid of my age. :) I am (as they put it here) a youngin. I turned fifteen yesterday. :D

As for Xani, if you hurt the ones you love, I think Starlight and Qui-Gon mean more to him than life. :)

13. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

*throws streamers and balloons and confetti...* :) :p

Sorry I'm a little late... [face_blush] Being 15 is... well, not too much different, except (if you live in the US...) you can get your permit to dirve! :) I'm 15, myself...

Excellent post, by the way! :D :mad: That does it, I'm gonna have to hurt Xani... he's... :mad:

;) Looking forward to more, Starlight! :D

14. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    I've got another post for you! :) It took me a while to post cause I went to the movies, but I didn't forget. It's not to long. :( Hope you don't mind. :D Enjoy!

--------------

Qui-Gon drummed his fingers impatiently on his chair. He had been sitting there for the past two hours, and still there was no sign of Telor?s representative. \\Where could they be?\\

Crion stood up angrily. "It would be fine if they didn?t want to negotiate. They could have contacted us. I guess we?ll just have to let them know how we feel about being ignored." He walked quickly out the door.

Qui-Gon stood quickly. "Crion wait, don?t do anything rash."

Crion stormed out of the mansion. Outside about fifty reporters were waiting for him. They all anxiously set their recorders to tape what was being said.

Crion stood on a platform that would have been used to announce the results of the negotiations. Now it was being used to show how unhappy the planet?s governor was.

"People of Telos, I have news. The Telorians have ignored our requests for negotiations, and have failed to show up. We received no message that they would not be coming. It appears the Telorians do not take us seriously."

An angry cry came from the people that had gathered. Qui-Gon tried to call to Crion, to tell him to stop, but, his voice was lost among the crowd.

Crion continued as if reading a well-written speech. "I don?t think this should go unpunished. Do you?"

The crowd?s angry cries filled the air. Unrest was rippling through the crowd. Qui-Gon decided to go back inside the mansion. \\There is too much unrest here. The Force is trying to tell me something, but I can?t figure out what here.\\

He walked slowly through the mansion. After a minute, he found himself in Crion?s office. Most of the noise was blocked out from there so Qui-Gon decided to sit down and meditate.

As he sat, he noticed the holo-com unit blinking. \\Perhaps the Telorians are trying to contact us after all.\\ He walked over and pressed the play button.

No hologram shot forth, but a message started to play. He heard Crion?s voice. "Soon we?ll control all of Telor and it?s resources."

Qui-Gon listened in horror as what was going on dawned on him. At the end, he copied the conversation on a disk. \\The people must know.\\ He was about to leave when a thought occurred to him.

He walked over to the holo-com unit. He pressed the necessary buttons. The unit?s voice came to life again. "The last message sent from this unit was sent at eleven o?clock to the planet Telor."

\\It?s just as I thought.\\ Qui-Gon?s face grew grim as he left the room. \\It seems I had more to be wary of than I thought. Starlight was right.\\

15. _Cerasi_

Aug 23, 2001
    Oh man! Great post, this story is really good. :D

16. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    ::AQ sighs sadly:: It seems that not even Starlight could save Xani from himself. He fell.

This story is great starlight!!! Absolutely awesome! I'm totally enjoying this!

Keep up the wonderful work!!!

AQ

17. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    UP!

Thanks you two! :D Just thought I'd let you guys know I may be posting the next post pretty soon.

But, seeing as I have a tendency to make you guys wait for what you really want :) They won't be all serious. After all, its been a while since I gave the story a lighter side.

Well, see ya then.

P.S.- A fairly well known character is making a big cameo in the next few posts. Sorry though! :( It's not Obi-Wan. :_| ;)

18. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
  19. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Here's your next post guys! From now on I'm gonna try posting every other day if I can. Well, here it goes. Enjoy! :)

----------

Chapter 12

--------------

Today was one of Starlight?s rare days off. She had gone to the lake for a swim, meditated, and trained with Master Yoda. She was in high spirits, but something was tugging at the back of her mind. Something was wrong, but she didn?t know what.

She wanted to go outside the temple to get some information. But, being only eight, she wasn?t allowed to go anywhere by herself. Walking down the Temple corridors, a thought occurred to her. She made a quick transmission on her com-link then, started walking as quickly as possible. She turned a corner and walked to a lift. Taking it down a level, she found herself right where she wanted to be.

Quickly she tapped on the door in front of her. It opened shortly to reveal the Jedi Master Adi Gallia. Adi looked down at the small girl, and raised an eyebrow. "Yes, Starlight. What can I do for you."

Starlight looked up at the imposing figure. "I?d like to go to the Senate building. Would you mind taking me?"

"And why would I do that?"

"Well, because you have the authority to. Plus, you have ties to the Senate."

"Why do you want to go there?"

"I need information on the talks between Telos and Telor. I thought the Senate would be the best place to get that information."

Adi thought for a minute. "It probably would. But why do you want information on those negotiations." She smiled slightly. "Don?t you think Qui-Gon can handle them?"

Starlight frowned. \\I don?t have time for this.\\ "With all due respect, I am short on time. Are you going to help me or not?"

Adi Gallia was taken aback by the girl?s curtness. She frowned sternly at the girl. She was surprised yet again when Starlight simply returned the look. \\I am probably the best person to take her.\\

"Alright, Starlight I?ll take you. But, we have to contact Master Yoda first."

The girl smiled. "I already did."

20. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
  21. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . I wonder what could be going on inside that little head of hers. ;)

22. starlight_kenobi

Aug 22, 2001
    Here's the next post guys! :) Hope you like it. It should get me a few grins at least. ;) :D Enjoy!

----------------

"How did you know I would say yes?" Adi Gallia looked over at her small companion. The girl was looking anxiously out at the traffic. They were on their way to the Senate building.

Starlight looked out the window distractedly. "I just had a feeling that?s all." She turned her head every way it could go to see outside. Their small craft was moving quickly in and out of the traffic. Her eyes grew wide as she saw the Senate building.

It had the appearance of a bee hive. Tiny hover-crafts buzzed around the building busily. People walked in and out of the building from all of its many entrances. The Senate was in session today, and it seemed that every planet in the Republic was there in force.

Something gave her the feeling that there was something different about how they moved today than on other days. It was a feeling that something big was going on somewhere. Unfortunately, she had a feeling that this something would somehow affect her.

"Starlight?"

Adi?s voice brought her back to the present moment. "Yes, Master Gallia?"

"We?re here." Without Starlight even noticing Adi had already parked the hover-car.

\\I?ll have to pay more attention when we?re inside.\\ Starlight chided herself on her lack of focus. \\Coming here will be of no use if you don?t pay attention.\\ She followed Adi inside the main entrance on the North side of the fifth level.

Interns and senators brushed passed her as she walked around. No one seemed to notice the little girl who walked around with as much dignity and grace as any adult. Starlight watched as Adi walked up to a receptionist to ask her how to find the Telosian and Telorian senators.

"I?m sorry miss, but tourists aren?t allowed to see the senators." A short humanoid with stringy blonde hair sat behind the desk. Her skin was an odd lilac color, and her dress was bright blue.

Starlight tried her hardest not to stare but she wasn?t used to such? colorful beings. She had only been there ten minutes and her trip to the Senate was all ready teaching her. Now she thought she understood why the Jedi wore such neutral colors.

Starlight looked at the woman for a long time. \\Those clothes make her look like she may be color blind. I don?t know how some people can walk around wearing bright colors that look like big neon lights. And they think we dress strangely.\\

The receptionist noticed Starlight?s strange looks. "What are you looking at kid?"

Starlight raised an eyebrow at the woman. \\I wonder if she?s this cranky all the time?\\ She didn?t say that out loud though. She simply shook her head. "I wasn?t looking at anything in particular. But, I do think your dress is a pretty blue color."

The woman smiled. "Do you think so? This is my favorite dress."

Starlight nodded. "I can see why. Now would you mind helping us find the Telosians and Telorians? My father is helping with the negotiations, so I would like to know how they?re going."

"Of course I could." The woman typed a few things into her computer. "Ah, here it is. Their offices are on the sixth level on the south side. It?s rooms 608 and 609."

Starlight bowed slightly to the woman. "Thank you. Have a nice day."

The woman laughed slightly. "You too."

Starlight started walking towards the necessary lift. She stopped when she noticed Adi wasn?t with her. She turned around to find the master looking at her bewildered.

"What is it Master Gallia?"

Adi shook her head. "How did you do that?"

Starlight smiled. "It was easy. I picked out something I was sure no one else would compliment and I complimented it. It works nearly every time."

"But her dress was?" Adi trailed off, unable to find the right word.

"Her dress was horrible. I know." She cut Adi off before she could give her a speech about lying. "I know I said it was pretty.

23. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    ::AQ giggles:: :D :) Go Starlight! She is so precocious! And adorable too! Great job starlight!!! You're doing a great job here! I wonder what's happening with Qui-Gon and Xani.

This is awesome! I can't wait for more!

AQ

24. _Cerasi_

Aug 23, 2001
  25. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.