main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Gift of Love (L/M holiday challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Revanfan1, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The challenge requires:
    *The color red
    *A gift
    *A loud noise

It was New Year Fete Week on Coruscant. Luke and Mara's apartment was warm and the two of them sat on the couch, wrapped in sleepwear and blankets. Luke sipped a cup of hot chocolate; Mara stuck to caf, straight and black. The HoloNet was switched to a channel that, at this time of year, exclusively played a visual of a light snowfall.

"I wish it really snowed here," Luke mused. "I never saw snow before my twentieth birthday."

"We could move to Hoth," Mara replied.

"I don't want that much snow. Just a little bit around the holidays would be nice."

Mara chuckled. "Oh, Farmboy. You and your simple ideals. Never change."

Luke smiled in return and they sat there in silence for a while, watching the "snow." Once they finished their chocolate and caf, they took the mugs into the kitchen. Then they returned to the couch.

"Gift time," Mara said.

"Oh?" Luke replied.

"Yes. And I'm going first."

Luke shrugged and settled back in his seat. Mara reached under the couch and pulled out a box. She handed it to Luke. He looked at it for a long moment, and then finally opened it. Inside was a bright red sweater with a white collar. His eyes widened slightly at the sight of the sweater. It was definitely not his style.

"Oh," he said. "Wow."

"Go try it on," she urged.

Luke cringed inwardly and then silently walked out of the room. He pulled off his shirt and laid it out neatly on the bed–he intended to change back into it as fast as he possibly could–and pulled on the sweater. He glanced at himself in the mirror. He supposed it didn't look...that bad. He put on his best smile as he walked back into the living room. Mara smirked when he saw him.

"Lovely," she said.

"Um..." Luke murmured. "Thank you."

"Come on," Mara said. "Where's my gift?"

"Oh." Well, this would make up for it. "It's under your pillow."

Frowning in confusion, Mara rose and walked into the bedroom. Luke leaned casually against the wall and waited patiently. A few moments later, there was a loud, high-pitched shriek. Mara ran out into the living room.

"You didn't."

"I did." Luke smiled. He stepped forward and hugged her. "I love your gift...but not as much as I love you."

Mara kissed his nose. "Same here...although I really do love this gift."

"No worries." Luke grinned.

The next day, they began packing their swimwear–Luke's gift had been a booked four-day vacation to the beaches of Spira.

Kahara and Gemma like this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    The Farmboy knows how to make a woman happy. :D I can use a beach vacation right about now.

Gemma and Revanfan1 like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent response to the challenge. Loved the comfy homey tone.

A vacation is the best kind of gift for these two. :)

Gemma and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    He. Great response. I love the 'normalcy' feeling. We often don't get that here. :D

Revanfan1 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Aw, very cute!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Totally cute!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    My husband needs to take some lessons from Luke. What a great gift!!! But poor Luke. Mara's always trying to buy him new clothes. [face_laugh]

Nyota's Heart and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Great little piece. Funny thing is that we had an "ugliest sweater" contest at my work today. I imagine Luke's to look like this:

[​IMG]

Revanfan1 and Gemma like this.
  9. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This was really sweet -- a vacation is a very sweet gift. Would make a nice follow chapter, hint - hint.

10. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Vacations are just the thing, given how they're usually running around! :) This is a lovely moment between the two.